10 Amazing Natural Hair Products for Under $10

Avatar • Jan 23, 2012

It can seem as though all natural hair products are on the pricey side, putting you back at least $12 for 8 oz, but that’s not the case. There are quite a few gems that are under $10! Each one of these products gets high marks in natural forums, blogs and YouTube channels and each is under 10 bucks! Check it out;

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier
(Pictured Above) This comb out and detangling spray is perfect for detangling loose natural hair, and taking down braids, twists and extensions. It also softens the hair and can be used as a daily moisturizer.

Price: $7.00 for 8 oz
Can be Found: Amazon.com, Walgreens, Beauty Supply Stores
Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua), Wheat Germ Extract, (Triticum Vulgare), Aloe Vera (Aloe Babadensis) Leaf, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cetyl Alc., DMDM Hydantoin, Olive Oil (Olea Europaena), Glycol -(Vegetable Derived), Silk Amino Acid, Bay Laurel Extract (Lauris No Bilis), Fragrance (Parfum).

Oyin ‘Juices’ Flavor Sample Pack
The Oyin ‘juices’ (Juices and Berries, Greg Juice and Frank Juice) are great for daily moisture and to refresh old styles.

Price: $10 for three 2 oz products
Can be Found: Oyinhandmade.com
Ingredients: [Juices and Berries] Purified water infused with horsetail, lavender, nettle, roses, and chamomile; organic flaxseeds; aloe vera juice; vegetable glycerin; essences of lavender, sweet orange, ylang ylang, and rosemary; grapefruit seed extract; citric acid; fragrance
[Greg Juice] Purified Water Infused with Rosemary, Nettle, Horsetail, Red Sage, Lavender, & Chamomile, Flaxseed Decoction, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Essences of Rosemary, Lavender, Sweet Orange & YlangYlang, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Vitamin C.
[Frank Juice] Purified water infused with horsetail, lavender, nettle, roses, and chamomile, organic flaxseeds, aloe vera juice, vegetable glycerin, lavender, sweet orange, ylang ylang, rosemary, grapefruit seed extract, citric acid

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner lives up to its name, smoothing down the cuticles and infusing deep moisture.

Price: $7.95 for 8.5 oz
Can be Found: Amazon.com, Whole Foods
Ingredients: Water, Extracts of Rosemary Oil, Nettle Oil, Thyme Oil, Birch Leaf Oil, Chamomile Oil, Clary, Lavender , Coltsfoot Leaf, Yarrow Oil, Mallow, Horsetail Oil, Soybean Protein, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Vitamin E, Trace Minerals, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Grapefruit Seed. Certified Organic.

Next Page
Lori
Lori

I’ve bought Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier at Target too!

Li
Li

I love, love, Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose conditioner, this ha s been my staple!

Libby

I love the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. I do use the Curl Enhancing Smoothie, but only certain months of the year just for moisture but not really for the curl enhancement portion. I use the Hello Hydration conditioner when I do my henna treatments. I mix it right in my henna mix. I also like Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo and Conditioner (around $4 each).

Natalie
Natalie

It has to be Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner, I love it but because of the price I alternate with Tresemme Naturals.

I live in the UK so I can’t get the majority of the products without paying a lot for postage and you have to pay tax on it coming from the US although I paid the tax in the US. Even Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner is expensive in the UK it costs £7.99 which is about $12.46 and at Whole Foods it costs more.

BrinkyDinks
BrinkyDinks
Reply to  Natalie

British Curlies (google them!) offer a lot of American products at reasonable prices xx

Em.
Em.
Reply to  Natalie

I moved to Ireland from the US and Giovanni Smooth as Silk has saved me. I think it’s a superior conditioner and I can’t imagine using anything else but it is rather pricey here. It appears to be cheaper in the UK than in the ROI (12 euro)! The next time I am home I intend to buy a gallon (or two) to bring back here. I hope they’ll fit in my luggage!

Maunee
Maunee
Reply to  Em.

@ Em, this may be completely unrelated but, I moved to Ireland as well from the US. Where are you located and how do you like it?

Vonne
Vonne

I love the Giovanni line. I’ve been meaning to try the honeysuckle rose for ages.

mangomadness
mangomadness

I recently purchased the Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier from CVS ($8, 8 oz). I like it layered under my moisturizer but I think the wheat germ extract made me break out. I rarely get pimples/blemishes and, accoding to my research, wheat germ oil/extract is very comedogenic. I’ll have to stop using it… 🙁 Anyways, here are my some of my favorite products under $10: –Garnier Fructics Triple Nutrition Conditioner (Detangler/Pre-Poo; $5–7; 24.5 oz; Target, CVS, RiteAid, etc.) –Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo ($9.99; 12 oz; Target & Walgreens) –Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk (Moisturizer; $9.99; 8 oz; Target & Walgreens)… Read more »

Alicia G
Alicia G

Has anyone tried the Alaffia moisturizing hair lotion?

T.L
T.L
Reply to  Alicia G

I have! I love it. Probably more than the shea moisture smoothie. The scent is awesome (think more roses than citrus) and it’s not so sticky as the smoothie to me/ the smoothie for me is great for keeping my hair moist…but that means my twist outs aren’t as defined when I do them on dry hair. I like the Alaffia for that much better.

neochasez
neochasez

The Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa conditioner may be cheap, but it contains parabens so its price speaks for the the product.

Alicia H.
Alicia H.
Reply to  neochasez

Methylparaben is produced naturally and found in several fruits, primarily blueberries, along with other parabens. There is no evidence that methylparaben or propylparabens are harmful at concentrations typically used in body care or cosmetics.[4] Methylparaben and propylparaben are considered generally recognized as safe (GRAS) for food and cosmetic antibacterial preservation.[5] Methylparaben is readily metabolized by common soil bacteria, making it completely biodegradable.

Thanks
Thanks
Reply to  Alicia H.

🙂

Mina
Mina

On this list, I’ve used… Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner…GREAT detangler, but you just don’t get as much conditioner. After a couple of washes the bottle was gone 🙁 Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier…I could do without this product. It really didn’t do much for my hair Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner…LOVE this conditioner I use it as a cowash, I could never go wrong with this product Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie…my hair loves Shea Moisture and this product coupled with the souffle & conditioning hair milk makes my curls pop and keeps them moisturized for days I’ve always wanted to try the oyin products… Read more »

Marecha
Marecha
Reply to  Mina

I buy Giovanni products at TJ Maxx, Ross, & Marshalls where I can get a 32 ounce bottle for $13! Hope you have these stores in your area.

Fatin
Fatin
Reply to  Marecha

Seriously, people, you gotta hit up your local TJ Maxx/Marshalls for hair products, esp conditioner. If you go at the right time it’s like Giovanni heaven (cue angels singing lol). They often have products from EO too, a really good organic haircare line.

Bridget
Bridget
Reply to  Mina

+ 1. ITA that many of the best products are cheap. I am a product junkie, so I keep trying the more expensive products that people often rave about and most times I am very disappointed. Always come back to my cheaper products that work better. But, I have finally learned my lesson and I am sticking to my cheaper products that work for my hair. My hair really loves the Trader Joes’s Nourish Spa conditioner, Shea Moisture Curl Ehancing Smoothie and Eco styler gels. I definitely have to try the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner and the Creme of… Read more »

Ginae
Ginae

if the trader Joe one has parabens in it then it shouldn’t be on this list as natural…

Age
Age
Reply to  Ginae

Hey there!

I’m sure the title is referring to products associated tried and tested or otherwise marketed towards “women with natural hair”. Not necessarily products that are 100% natural.

Peace and Blessings 🙂

irene
irene
Reply to  Age

Ingredients are important People.
For Health sake consider what your skin is drinking!

CShanell
CShanell
Reply to  Ginae

I agree with the other poster. This list is not about products with all natural ingredients. Herbal essence is not a natural product either. I am one who often uses a combination of nature and science. I tend to do what works for my hair. Which is what I think this post is about.

Age
Age

Giovanni and HelloHydration are in my house. I prefer the LongTermRelationship condish though 🙂

Deborah
Deborah
Reply to  Age

I used LTR and couldn’t stand the itching. I have to compare the ingredient list to HelloHydration before thinking of using it.

sunshyne84
sunshyne84
Reply to  Deborah

I prefer None of Your Frizzness

J Kenn (SpeakingTALL)

My faves from this list are:
* Hello Hydration Conditioner: I use this with a few Indian herbs as a pre-poo.
* Giovannia conditioner (I use a lot of the Giovanni line: 50:50 Balanced Hydration Clarifying shampoo and the Direct Leave-in)
* Eco-styler gel: I have only used this product once, and it gave good hold. Will be trying it in the future though for braid outs.

The Vo5 conditioners should be added to the list too!! I’ve used these products since day one of becoming natural! I can get this stuff for 70 cents when it’s on sale.

Rebecca
Rebecca

I have been looking for trader’s joe product where do I get them? I live in NY

Katrina
Katrina
Reply to  Rebecca

If you are in the city then you can find Trader Joe’s on 14th street. They have several NYC locations. Check their website for more information.

Rebecca
Rebecca
Reply to  Katrina

thank you. i went there but i didnt see but ill check again.

Addy
Addy

Aubrey Organics Honey Sucklerose Conditioner is the BOMB! lol. Seriouly though, it is my staple deep conditioner and I refuse to use anything else.

CottonandCurls

Thanks so much. We need more posts on how to be financially savy when it comes to caring for our hair without compromising on quality. I actually prefer Herbal Essence Totally twisted to Hello Hydration. Also Suave (Almond and Shea Butter). I did a detailed post on my facebook page about this very issue so check it out. One of the bigggest tips I learnt from my years of buying online is never pay full price for anything. If you google the product and use the key word “coupon” you will find a site called retailmenot.com which provides coupon codes… Read more »

Keanna
Keanna

The Aubrey organics honeysuckle rose condish is AMAZING!!!

Etty
Etty

I tried Giovanni 50:50 conditioner and my hair just hated it! everyone talks about the smooth as silk but i’m afraid to waste my money on this brand again.

Bridget
Bridget
Reply to  Etty

+1 My hair absolutely hated the Giovanni 50:50 conditioner so much that I have been turned off to all the Giovanni products. Which says a whole lot because I am a product junkie.

BrinkyDinks
BrinkyDinks
Reply to  Bridget

My hair hates the Giovanni Smooth as Silk!!! I had to give the bottle to a friend. It left my hair SO brittle that like you guys I’m scared to try other products from the line.

Lantoinette
Lantoinette
Reply to  BrinkyDinks

Same here. I used Giovanni Smooth as Silk and 50:50 and they did nothing for my hair. Hello Hydration and Suave Almond and Shea Butter is a keeper. My hair loves them both.

Royalle
Royalle

I tried my sister’s Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and I loved it! I need to get this and the Giovanni Smooth as Silk!

Ade
Ade

I love the Tresemme Naturals conditioner. No cones and tons of slip! Buy it on sale and you can get two large bottles for less than $10. Also the raw shea butter from the Rastaman in Kensington market. Shout outs to my Toronto naturals! Oooh and don’t forget the Dr. Bronner’s soap… dilute it (1oz to 8 oz of water) and a $10 bottle will last you at least 5 years.

Etty
Etty
Reply to  Ade

I lOOve Tresemmé Natural Conditioner!! Great slip, great smell, and cheap! Should be on the list!

JojoFree
JojoFree
Reply to  Etty

Tressie” is the bomb.com!

ghanabelle
ghanabelle

I honestly haven’t had the best luck with Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel. It makes my hair flaky when I use it on dry hair, and when I use it on wet hair my scalp itches like crazy!!! Maybe it’s an allergy. I bought a huge jar so I need to find a way to use it, lol.

jaedalaurez
jaedalaurez

I’ve used Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier for years! I love it, my hair always needs moisture and it doesn’t build up on braids and twists, even with daily use.

intelligentblackbeautiful
intelligentblackbeautiful

I love love love Creme of Nature’s entire line with Argan oil. They’re the main products I use in my hair. The shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner, oil moisturizer which is also a heat protectant (use it when I blow dry my hair)…AMAZING. My hair is so soft and moisturized and smells HEAVENLY. Then I put my hair in mini twists for about a month at a time…no gel…The only other things I use in my hair is extra virgin coconut oil as a pre-poo and sometimes a serum for added shine. The only creme of nature with argan oil… Read more »

Mocha Dier

Me too, best of all they are available in Jamaica

SH
SH
Reply to  Mocha Dier

Where? All of them?

DKaye
DKaye
Reply to  SH

I found most of the line at Cherry’s, as that’s where I bought the shampoo

dailycurlz

Curl enhancing smoothie and Giovanni are my favorite

liz!!
liz!!

i SWEAR by Shea Moisture curl smoothie!!!

Tangela
Tangela
Reply to  liz!!

I love that product. With a little water sprayed on just before and a follow up with Shea moisture, i’ve gotten more compliments about my natural hair!

Corynne

I have used 6 of the 10. i also agree that V05 Moisture Milks condish should be added to the list. They are at the most $1 and great for co washing. Of the ones I have used - Giovanni smooth as silk — love this and agree with earlier post to look for it at Marshalls or TJ maxx. I scored a 32 oz for $13 too! This is a protein heavy condish and my hair likes protein — that may be why it doesn’t work well for all. Protein does make it more brittle if your hair doesn’t like it. Nourish… Read more »

sopheearr
sopheearr

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier has been a staple for a while for me.

The whole range has done wonders for my hair.

cygnet
cygnet

Okay, get ready to laugh! The latest product I have tried under $10 by which I’m starting to swear is Greek yogurt. Yup! Greek yogurt! Naptural85 has a Youtube video describing how she uses it in her hair. Taking off from her tutorial, I combine 3–4 oz of it with 2–3 tsp ACV and roughly the same amount of EVOO, maybe a few drops more. There are differences in the way we both do this treatment. She doesn’t detangle first. I do, very carefully, on dry hair. The EVOO was a substitution I made because I don’t have the essential oils… Read more »

Trini
Trini

I would add the SM purification mask to this list (love all the items that I’ve tried in the line.) I’ve had great success with the purification mask when I use it prior to washing my hair.

Raven
Raven

Giovanni is amazing for my hair! It can also be found in Target stores in their ‘natural care’ aisles. Also, the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing
Smoothie (as well as other Shea Moisture products) are available in Walgreens!

nikki
nikki

I can’t believe nobody mentioned AUSSIE MOIST CONDITIONER!! I’m still testing, but I’ve yet to find a better conditioner for the price. BIG bottle with a PUMP dispenser for around $7, which comes in sooo handy when you’re got slippery condish fingers and need a lil more product. I can buy it at any Walmart, which just makes it that much more fantastic!

Ashley Wilson
Ashley Wilson

I love the greek yogurt plan but I must add the Sporty Afros ayverdic oil and their g plus spray. I got a sample item from them and have been hooked on their oils since. Instead of mixing up powders and measuring i just buy their oil which has everything in it. it’s a great deal and under 10 dollars.
check out their website too!www.sportyafros.com

Nae
Nae

YAAAAY Im soo happy Taliah is mentioned!!! Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier is THE BOMB. I use it as a moisturizer, detangler and leave in. For some reason, my hair responds to it well even with the silk amino acids in it (my hair doesn’t like protein). So needless to say this was a big surprise when I tried it and my hair was super soft. I have (4b/4c hair). For anyone who has this product in their regimen, there is also a 32oz bottle that she sells on her website for $20. I’m def buying. I’ll look into the… Read more »

B
B

I love the Taaliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier. I personally found that it didn’t distribute evenly on my hair when I sprayed it because it was so thick. I diluted it down 1 part mist to 3 parts water and its amazing for a quick rehydration before sealing. It also freshens up dry looking twists. Diluting it allows me to manipulate it/spread it better for my hair’s needs making it more effective than full strength. As a bonus, I can make my bottle stretch a while. Win-win! I also love the Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise as a deep conditioner.… Read more »

Buy Nutra Burn 10

It’s amazing in favor of me to have a website, which is valuable in support of my experience. thanks admin

Neva

Where can I buy this in Australia, Sydney? Thanks

VM
VM

LOVE the trader joe nourish spa and tea tree tingle conditioner. Makes my hair super moist and detangling is EFFORTLESS. i swear by that giovanni smooth as silk deep conditioner as well as the giovanni direct leave in. These products work so well in my hair im afraid to try anything else LOL. I may give the Aubrey conditioner a try.

Chicago Chica
Chicago Chica

I use the Aubrey Organics for co-washing, deep-conditioner, and as a leave-in. My hair loves it. I think that I’m going to go back to the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration as well. My hair responded well to it.

mel
mel

Am I the only one that noticed the parabens and that crazy long name for a preservative in a few of these products? I don’t care how cheap they are, definitely a NO NO for my scalp. It would go crazy!

Adrienne
Adrienne

MEL, you are not only one I agree with you. My hair goes crazy with long name preservation too.

Mercedes
Mercedes

Im trying so hard to not continue being a product junkie seeing this makes me wanna buy it all and regret later. my hair is picky. I just found my staple shampoo organic root stimulator lavish in curls no sulfate or parabens shampoo, my hair loooooooooves it. its over 10. I dont like near a whole foods or target. or sallys..sad i know. So walmart or cvs are my suppliers. i wanna try giovanni and sometime soon shea moisture. i always eyed the products never bought it. i cant buy alot of products because my hair is muti textured. 3bc,… Read more »

Belladonnia
Belladonnia

This list is not “natural.” But whatever works for your hair keep going ladies. 🙂

Knotural...OriginalRight?
Knotural...OriginalRight?
Reply to  Belladonnia

they mean products that can be used on natural hair

Josephine Odion
Josephine Odion

I’m kinda surprised Vo5 doesn’t feature here. Both their shampoos & conditioners are staple for me. But I guess its not ‘natural’ though its really affordable.

Bianca
Bianca

I use it on mine and my daughters hair…very moisturizing!

kerisha
kerisha

hi to the writer the ingredients you gave for the Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner are actually those for the Giovanni direct leave in weightless conditioner, please try to be more accurate the smooth as silk has lots of cones and things I can’t remember how to spell in it.

Alcohol Dependence news

First off I would like to say excellent blog! I
had a quick question which I’d like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your head before writing. I’ve had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there.
I truly do enjoy writing however it just seems
like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be
lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints?
Thanks!

Lorraine Abshear
Lorraine Abshear

Horsetail contains silicon, which plays a role in strengthening bone. For that reason, it is sometimes suggested as a treatment for osteoporosis. It is also used as a diuretic, and as an ingredient in some cosmetics. However, very few studies have looked at horsetail’s effect in humans.”^^,

Check ya later

Tamara
Tamara

It sucks that i live in London, otherwise I would be able to go to the shops and get these. The only one available on this list was the creme of nature shampoo. Oh well 😛

newbienat
newbienat
Reply to  Tamara

Whole foods can be found in central london just by soho, (piccadilly circus) if you want to try a couple of the products!

Cora
Cora
Reply to  Tamara

There’s Amazon.com that you can go on. a lot of these products if not all of these are available there.

Tasha
Tasha

I use Tresemme Natural conditioner, it cost $4.69 @ Walmart, this stuff is great for detangling and leaves hair so SOFT…

Pat
Pat

I haven’t tried the Talliah Waajid Protective Mist yet, it’s on my list but the Curl Creme is the bomb. I cut mine with water to thin just a little and use a small amount and I love it. It holds better than gel without the dryness and crunch, yay!!!

Mary Poole
Mary Poole

Tresemme Naturals ultra moisturizing conditioner, great co-wash, conditioner, leave-in, no cones, sulfates, under $10.00, great stuff- Make sure to get the white bottle top, not the black, which really had a severely different reaction in my hair!

binary options

Hello, this weekend is njce designed for me, for the reason that this
point in tiume i am reading this fantastic informative article here at myy
house.

Binäre Optionen

Basically good writeup. Them in fact once was a pleasurable account this. View intricate to additional launched acceptable by you! Even so, how may possibly most people be in contact?

Nicole
Nicole

Giovanni direct leave in is the best!!! (For me ;))

Denise

Visit my site to see my all natural products which also include hair products! I have a fabulous orange peppermint hair oil which is $6.95 & a moisturizer which is $9.95.

binäre optionen demokonto

I merely could hardly get away from your site just before implying that we in fact appreciated the most common information someone supply for ones visitors? Is going to be once more continuously to be able to look into fresh blogposts