Alicia Keys and Son Egypt’s Matching Curly Fros

Avatar • Oct 19, 2013

article-2465903-18D1D0A300000578-167_634x853

Alicia Keys and her son Egypt are fast becoming our favorite natural celebrity mommy-baby duo. The gorgeous songstress has never been shy about showcasing her curls (remember cornrow Alicia?) and she seems to be passing that on to her 3‑year-old son Egypt!

For his 3rd birthday party in Hawaii, Egypt rocked a curly fro with shaved sides, similar to his mom’s tapered cut. We are LOVING it!

kissing-games-1_610x397_54

article-2465903-18D1CC9F00000578-879_634x711

Ladies, what do you think?

Alisa
Alisa

He’s adorable!

Nubiahbella
Nubiahbella

He’s gorgeous! they make a really cute and happy family!

Jesse
Jesse

Adorable pictures!

Amma Mama
WhyMe?
WhyMe?

meh…

Asana

I love the pics and yes mother and son look great!

whatshetaughther.blogspot.com

Kay
Kay

This family is too adorable.

Nkem

I love her son’s hair cut.Who knows I might try it some time soon*wink*.

Orihime11
Orihime11

This is beautiful and I love the curls. Actually I love the pic where Alicia and Swiss share a kiss. You can see the love and passion they have for each other. I love it when people are happy!

welp
welp
Reply to  Orihime11

How you get them is how you lose them.

Jae
Jae
Reply to  welp

Still? Get over it… Ms Shonda has. Your turn, Boo.

Courtney
Courtney

So adorable 🙂

leathercandy

The baby is adorable http://WWW.leathercandy.etsy.com

Ab
Ab

His hair looks nappy.He would look much better if they cut it.

Ariel
Ariel
Reply to  Ab

Well Im glad they didnt, and they accept him as God made him. Its a shame you see something negative in that. That is why kids try so hard to change themselves these days and it is also why adults have such a negative outlook about themselves, because of the ignorance they see in people like you ‑__- Im glad I finally broke those chains 🙂 it wasnt easy. I used to hate myself, now I love diversity and every culture. I made the mistake of putting a texturizer in my hair because so many of my own ppl made… Read more »

mlank64
mlank64
Reply to  Ariel

You’re Gorgeous!! Kudos to you for breaking free from the slave mentality. Ignorance is a bi…ch. But, one by one we will get to the promise land. Keep the faith!

Ariel
Ariel
Reply to  mlank64

Thank you so much!!!! ?

Ariel
Ariel
Reply to  Ab

Typo *Just The Way God Made Me*

Equally Beautiful
Equally Beautiful
Reply to  Ab

Nappy hair = Beautiful hair. This is how his hair grows so what would be the purpose of hiding it? Is it difficult to see that no matter the hair type, so long as hair is in it’s healthiest state, then ALL hair textures are equally beautiful? All the different variations of hair textures is just natures way of showing us that variety is the spice of life!! It’s ok to have YOUR preferences but why not keep it to yourself? What good is it to anyone? In the end, our opinions, our preferences holds no weight in certain matters.… Read more »

Why?
Why?
Reply to  Ab

Imagine someone telling you or someone closest to your heart that you both are hideous, your hair is unacceptable , not flattering, your eyes are too big, you need makeup or wigs to hide/enhance them. What would be your response?

Playwitit
Playwitit
Reply to  Ab

TROLLOLOLOL

Ellie
Ellie
Reply to  Ab

…oh WOW. You came to the wrong website with THIS comment!!!

Quit trollin’.

Laura Truesdale

Dude her son’s hair is exactly how I wanted my son’s hair to look…I’m glad you posted this 😀 My son has curly hair(like his Mommy)…I’m more 3C he is more 4Aish 4Bish right now. I think these are beautiful pictures and I wish teach my son how to enhance his natural texture one day soon 🙂

Dakia
Dakia

I have no respect for alicia keys, I used to admire her until she took someone else Love.

DC
DC
Reply to  Dakia

I feel the same way! The media brushed it under the rug like it was no big deal, but c’mon. She lost my respect with that move.

Djanira
Djanira
Reply to  Dakia

I thought they had separated then he got together with Alicia?

Bunny
Reply to  Djanira

Me and this article, sitting in a tree, L‑R-N-E-N-I-A‑G!

Bobby Ray
Bobby Ray
Reply to  Dakia

You cant TAKE a man from his wife, they leave on their own!! I didnt hear of her kidnapping him. If a man no longer loves you and their is nothing you can do about it!

locedup
Reply to  Dakia

Yep, me too. Media loves who it wants to love and often forgets that wrong is wrong.

Loving My Natural Hair
Loving My Natural Hair
Reply to  locedup

I feel the same way. Won’t support her, but her and her little man are cute.

Jae
Jae
Reply to  Dakia

took him? LOL! Did she tie him up? So he was suppose to stay with Ms Shonda even though he was not in love? If my man no longer loves me, I WANT him to leave! Let me go find someone that does!!!

That ish is so old! MOVE ON!!!

Tomeekha

Okay, so getting back to the celebrating of natural hair and stop judging folks. You never know what or how things really go down behind closed doors & why would you? Every life has its own day to day bull to deal with.
I love little Egypt’s hair. He looks adorable and so does his mother and baba. Nappy is the new beautiful. I used to rock my natural curls & Afro before locking my hair. I love each and every phase and growth of my 7 year natural hair journey.
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/image-35.jpg[/img]
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/image-36.jpg[/img]
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/image-37.jpg[/img]
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/image-38.jpg[/img]

geri
geri

really adorable! their curls are definitely different, thoough, but still adorable.

trackback

[…] posted this photo on my other blog and I had to share it here too because it’s so darn cute! Alicia Keys and her son Egypt both […]

Msitck238
Msitck238

I love and respect Alicia Keys. She is an inspiration to me.
She is always positive. Swizz Beatz loves and adores her.

I wish them all the best in their relationship and Egypt is so adorable.

toronto naturalhair meet up. nov 16

how cute! I’ve never seen a mother n son matching haircut/style before
themanecaptain.blogspot.ca

TheUnPC
TheUnPC
Susan
Susan

Wow, I am so stupid. I always thought that darker people had to actually *do* that style — what always looked to me to be like a “cornrow crewcut”. It’s one of the coolest styles I have ever seen on darker people — but THAT’s the dreaded “nappy” that’s been so despised for so long? That’s what comes when darker people just leave their hair alone? SMH. Just goes to show you. I’ve been jealous for as long as I can remember that my hair could never do any of that!!

Patrice
Patrice

That is the dumbest comment I have ever seen…

trackback

[…] few weeks back we did a post on Alicia Key’s son Egypt. Well, there’s another celebrity offspring whose hair is catching our attention — Tia […]

bonnie b
bonnie b

Sounds like someone is #JEALOUS #STOPHATING

Mel Stevens
Mel Stevens

great hairstyle, it’s unique and looks great on her. I think she should probably use the pro naturals argan oil to keep it healthy and moisturized