The Cheapest Place to Buy Coconut Oil and 5 Other Natural Hair Essentials

Avatar • Sep 26, 2012

By Christina of The Mane Objective

Whether your hair is relaxed, natural, tex-laxed, transitioning, heat styled, braided, weaved or wigged, we as women face an undeniable fact — hair care and products can be expensive. Some folks even have to write their hair into their budgets as its own line item, right behind rent, gas, car note and insurance. Even if you aren’t particularly a product junkie, there are still those staple products that your hair has to have in order to function. Maybe it’s a particular oil or a particular supplement.

Sometimes, we get a little tunnel-visioned in purchasing our staple products. I used to purchase some of my supplements only from nutrition stores because well, that seemed to be the logical place to find them. Truth be told, many staple products, supplements, and haircare items can be found in some pretty unconventional places, and save you some serious cash. Check out some of my staples that I’ve been able to find at a steal:

Coconut Oil

Who doesn’t love this stuff? Ok, I know there are some folks out there that aren’t necessarily a fan of this edible oil — but for the most part, this is a staple in plenty of people’s mix-ins, pre-poos, leave-ins and styling regimens. I purchased my first jar of virgin unrefined Coconut Oil from Whole Foods for $7.99 (their own 365 brand). I continued to purchase them there, and even got excited when it would go on sale for $6.99. I was never particularly excited about going to Whole Foods — the crowds were pretentious, everything seemed overpriced, and I damn sure couldn’t pronounce or categorize on the Food Plate (formerly pyramid) half of the stuff they sold there. The hot food bar was the truth, but hot meals and Coconut Oil wasn’t enough to keep me coming back.

To my great joy, Trader Joe’s began carrying Coconut Oil in recent months. Even better, I realized it was the virgin, unrefined kind. Better than that, their jar is 16oz, compared to Whole Food’s 14 oz. But the greatest news of all? Trader Joe’s carries the oil for $5.99 all day, every day. Sidebar: Never, ever, ever, under any circumstances purchase your Coconut Oil from a vitamin/health supplement store, or even from the health section of a grocery store. They charge nearly twice (sometimes three times!) as much for the same product that’s just a few aisles over (on the cooking aisle).

Aloe Vera Juice

By now you’ve probably figured out that I’m a Trader Joe’s gal at heart. I mean really, who can deny the super friendly (I’ve NEVER had a bad customer service experience there…and I go at least twice a week) crew members, free food samples and coffee? Oh, and if you want to know how something tastes before you buy it… But I digress. In addition to the million and a half other wonderful reasons to go to Trader Joe’s, there is the absolute hands down best value I’ve ever seen on Aloe Vera Juice. Get ready for this. They sell A GALLON (that’s 128oz, folks) sized bottle of Aloe Botanicals Pure Aloe Vera Juice for $7.99. Forgive me for saying this, but that ish cray! I became so salty when I stumbled upon this, because I’m stuck working through a 32oz Lily of the Desert bottle that I paid $9 for at Vitamin Shoppe.

MSM

Whether you’re trying to get some internal inflammation in check, show your joints some love, or test the theory that MSM extends the growth phase of the hair cycle, paying for the pills can definitely start to add up. I first began purchasing my 1,000mg MSM capsules from Vitamin Shoppe (their own brand), to the tune of $10 for a 100 capsule bottle. Since I take two a day, a bottle from Vitamin Shoppe would last me roughly a month and a half. On one of my random excursions to Trader Joe’s, I found myself browsing through their supplements. Well whadda ya know? They sell 120 capsules of 1,000mg MSM for $4.99. More pill for half the price? Yes, I’ll take that.

Biotin

For so long, I would purchase my biotin (1,000mcg, 90–100 count bottle) from Vitamin Shoppe and sometimes Whole Foods. Boy, did my pockets pay for that. I typically purchased the Country Life brand, which ran me $8 to $10 depending upon where I went. But hey, did you know that Target sells biotin? No lie. Next time you’re scooping up some Shea Moisture, mosey on over to the vitamin and supplement aisle. They carry biotin in their own Up & Up brand — 1,000mcg, 100 tablets for $2.49. And just in case you were wondering, it works just as good as the stuff I paid triple the price for.

Flax Seeds

You can mix them in your oatmeal, or make a pretty nifty gel (a’la Naptural85). Either way you work these little brown wonders, they don’t have to cost a fortune. Most pre-packaged flax seeds cost upwards of $5 for less than a pound. Although a few seeds go a long way (and you can re-use them to make more gel), what’s the harm in saving a few bucks? If you’re lucky enough to have a Sprouts Farmer’s Market nearby, check out their bulk bins.They carry flax seeds for $1.19/lb (a pound will last you forever), and for $0.89 or $0.99/lb when on sale. Alternatively, if you have a WinCo Foods in your area, they carry flax seeds for around $0.80/lb. Either way, you can’t lose! Say goodbye to pre-packaged and health supplement store containers…bulk is where it’s at!

Satin Pillowcase

I am going to preface this by saying, I hate WalMart. I absolutely detest the store. I’m sure in different parts of the country, WalMart is what’s hot in the streets — but for me, in LA? A trip to WalMart is a true test of my spiritual growth. Even with all that being said, there is one thing I cannot deny: WalMart is the truth when it comes to satin pillowcases. Before purchasing my beloved fuchsia pillowcase, I scoped out the prices at Sally’s — $11. Not bad, but I felt deep down inside that I could do better. Lo and behold, I found one of my best investments in the hair section of the WalMart on Crenshaw and King (LA folks know which one I’m talking about!). Not only was it the same brand, but it was in a super cute color and only cost me $7 and some change. Not saying I’d become a regular…but I can’t deny that WalMart one-upped Target and Sally’s on this one.

What are some staples that you find at a steal of a price? Share!

About Christina Patrice

Born, raised, and living in Los Angeles, Christina is BGLH's resident transitioning expert and product junkie. In addition to loving all things hair, she is a fitness novice and advocate of wearing sandals year-round. For more information on transitioning, natural hair, and her own hair journey, visit maneobjective.com. Or, if you like pictures follow Christina on Instagram @maneobjective.

mangomadness
mangomadness

Wow!

I use Trader Joe’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, I’ve taken Target’s Up and Up Biotin before (for my nails), I buy flax seeds for my DIY Flax Seed Gel in the bulk section of Whole Foods and my satin pillowcase is the fuchsia one pictured from Wal-Mart.

P.S. Trader Joe’s Grapeseed Oil is only $3-$3.50 for 16 oz. I’m about to pick up some this weekend.

dani
dani
Reply to  mangomadness

Man i wish Trader Joes was closer to me i have to go all the way to center city and i hate navigating myself down there lol. And i just bought some grapeseed oil too for $7 ‑_- le sigh..

melynn
melynn
Reply to  dani

You must live in Philly, go on Sundays less traffic

Keedy
Keedy
Reply to  melynn

I REALLY wish there was a Trader Joe’s near me. I keep hearing wonderful things about the store but there isn’t a location near where my husband and I are stationed in SC, or back home in New Orleans :(. Does anyone know if any good alternatives in my area?

zeesmama
zeesmama
Reply to  Keedy

I don’t know where you are, but there is a TJ’s in the Greenville/Spartanburg area right off of 85.

Mindy
Mindy
Reply to  melynn

I love the fact that in Center City (at Trader Joe’s ) they don’t charge for parking . makes it worth the trip !

Nelle
Nelle
Reply to  dani

If you are in Philly, what part of the city are you in? There may be one in the suburbs that’s much closer.

dani
dani

Am too lazy to go hunting for a trader joes near me since i dont own a car but i have been able to find some bargains in the philadelphia area where i live. Coconut oil: i saw this being sold in the cooking oil section of Walmart for $6.99 way cheaper than the health food store that sells it for $7+ Handmixer: if theres anyone who wants to take a go at napturals shea butter mix you can get this handy tool for $6+ tax at Walmart. Shea butter: of course you need shea butter for your handmixer i’ve seen… Read more »

Nelle
Nelle
Reply to  dani

(See above for question on where you are located…)

You can go to South St, to some of the african stores for shea butter. They have it for cheap and it lasts a long time.

Shamieka
Shamieka

Thanks for these tips! I wish I had some to offer, but this was a great article!

Olie
Olie

Walmart has 2 gallon aloe vera juice near the pharmacy area for just $7.99! And to think, I was spending $20 for one gallon.

jenna marie christian

thanks so much!! great finds!!

nylse

indian market for coconut oil, rosewater, glycerin and many other hair staples.

annette_b
annette_b
Reply to  nylse

+ 1…

mangomadness
mangomadness
Reply to  nylse

I like Parachute Coconut Oil ($5, 16 oz, Indian grocery store) for pre-poos.

It has a thick, lush, velvety texture when solid — It’s much better for finger-detangling than the brands of organic coconut oil I’ve tried (Nutiva, Vitamin Shoppe, Emerald Laboratories, Trader Joe’s). It has a slightly smoky smell but that’s fine ’cause I top off the coconut oil with conditioner.

I think I’ll use Parachute Coconut Oil for Hair and organic coconut oil for my DIY Body Butter.…

Kenzy
Kenzy

thanks for this article, i just spent more than i wanted on re-upping on jojoba, rosemary and shea. my coconut oil got very moldy which was shocking as the last brand i bought didnt at all so i was very shocked and pissed b/c it was a HUGE thing of coconut oil i ended up trashing because of all the mold. my bottom line is price for EVERYTHING so i will certainly check these places out

Randi415
Randi415
Reply to  Kenzy

I heard this can happen if water or some other products get in the jar usually from your hands or just being open while your doing your hair. This happened to one of my products I’ve started using a plastic spoon to scoop out my products.

Lina
Lina

I buy aloe vera juice at my local Walgreens. I think its about $10. I buy coconut oil from my ethnic grocer and at “Cub Foods” for between 3.50 and 4.50 per 16oz, depending on the store. I buy my vitamins from the vitamin shoppe on their clearance/3 month expiration window stash, since I know I will use them up within 90 days. I usually refrigerate my vitamins that I purchase here. I buy my black soap and shea butter from family friends when they go overseas, or I buy it in bulk online. I get my favorite Giovanni and EO… Read more »

Brandi Nicholes
Brandi Nicholes

Great information! I’m not sure how wide spread Meijer is, but they have the same coconut oil I get from The Vitamin Shoppe here in Indiana for $5.99.

Randi

I buy my flaxseeds from my DOLLAR TREE dollar store. 2lbs for $1!!!!

I love trader joes btw!

mangomadness
mangomadness
Reply to  Randi

Ohh snap! I remember seeing flax seeds in a Dollar Tree in NJ. I should have bought them. Haha

kwl0711
kwl0711
Reply to  mangomadness

Nice : -)…There’s one around the corner from me. Im in Detroit.

Princess
Princess
Reply to  Randi

Thanks for the info, didn’t know that. I’m always in Dollar Tree. Going to look for it the next time I am there.

Lacquerholic

If only we could find a cheap place to get Essential oils. I’m still hurting from the first time I got EOs at Wholefoods.

kat
kat
Reply to  Lacquerholic

Vitacost!

lacquerholic
Reply to  kat

Thanks!!!

Elle

I find that amazon.com has inexpensive natural hair products. I recently bought my jamaican black castor oil from them. I also like going to Target and checking out the discounted hair products!

JENNID
JENNID

You can get coconut oil at kroger as well. Check the baking aisle as well as the “organic” health foods section where they sell all the protein bars and vitamins. Also coconut oil doesn’t really have to organic and extra virgin.Unless you are taking in huge amounts internally it doesn’t really matter that much. The el cheapo one in the baking aisle works just as good if you’re on a budget. Walgreens sells samll jars of coconut oil in the skin care aisle that is 100% pure. Its small size is perfect for someone just wanting to experiment before commiting… Read more »

MzKane
MzKane
Reply to  JENNID

$2.99 that’s the perfect price!

Yvette
Yvette

Not the WalMart at the Crenshaw Mall with the escalators?! That is truly a test of faith lOl, but good stuff in there too.

Pat
Pat

Thanks for tips on where to get Aloe juice, I’ll look at my local Wal-Mart.

MsAllen2U
MsAllen2U

I LUUUUUV Trader Joes!! I purchased my first jar of Coconut OIl there. There food is also on the cheaper side compared to the amount of food you get from the regular grocery store. For $60 bucks I get a BOAT load of food.

Will checking out Walmart for the satin pillow cases. So Biotin is good for hair growth??

KurlyGirl85
KurlyGirl85

Target sells 100% polyester pillow protectors for $2.99. They only come in white, but they have a satiny smooth finish and are cheaper than any satin pillowcases I’ve seen.

Rhonda
Rhonda

Coconut oil (for eating and hair), tropicaltraditions.com is a good place.

For other oil and butters and herbs mountainroseherbs.com is a good place, too.

Tyler
Tyler

Walmart carries everything on this list for cheap except the flax seeds. I don’t think they have that.

LM
LM

i need to move to a larger city cause our walmart doesn’t have anything but evoo and refined coconut oil. we don’t have a trader joe’s, whole foods, or a health food section in our kroger lol..sad sad case. however, evoo, shea butter, and shea moisture work great on my hair so I can’t complain too much

Joan B. in S. C.
Joan B. in S. C.
Reply to  LM

Check the baking goods aisle in Kroger for the coconut oil.

beth
beth

This is 2 weeks late! I bought my coconut oil from whole foods for 12.99 and I already used it. I shouldn’t have read this cause now I’m mad. lol

NappyHeadChronicles

great post!

i visited nyc (i live in canada) this summer and almost lost my mind in trader joes!!! aside from the cheap oils, the snacks are pretty great too. unfortunately, the closest american cities to me don’t have trader joes, so i’ll have to nurse the super-cheap virgin coconut oil i bought there for a while. there is a whole foods, but i’m not sure that things are necessarily cheap there.

but thanks for the tips. next time i’m in the usa, i’ll know what stores to hit!

Diandra
Diandra

Im a serious bargain shopper and I found that ROSS Stores has 2 pack Satin pillowcases for $2.99. My eyes grew wide at the site. Lol

Keedy
Keedy
Reply to  Diandra

REALLY?!?!?!?!?! I’m definitely going to have to pay ROSS a visit!

A+
A+
Reply to  Keedy

It’s true. I’ve found so many satin pillowcases at local Ross stores in Northern VA I’ve given them away as Christmas gifts. 1 or 2 packs for no more than $4 all day.

Leslie
Leslie

I usually buy Trader Joe Spa organic conditioner for 2.99. I like to co- wash with it.

Penelope
Penelope

I wish there was a Canadian list! I can’t find organic coconut oil for cheaper than $25 🙁 I will check out the cooking aisles–thanks so much for that tip.
Everything in Canada is at least twice as expensive ‑__- less demand I guess

Whyohwhy
Whyohwhy
Reply to  Penelope

Have you tried Amazon?

Bre
Bre

Do you melt/heat up coconut oil? mine is so solid which makes it really hard to apply.

z
z
Reply to  Bre

You can actually just run the jar under some warm to hot water for a couple of minutes. It melts really quickly, and just pour some into another container so that you can mix with other products. I do this all the time hope this helps.

Aliza Pezer@natural hair products

Well done for all your hard work in providing this high quality blog.Thanks for the information.

Cee Mac
Cee Mac

This is so awesome! Thank you!

Rosie

Love this article! hilarious and informative.

stacey
stacey
Reply to  Rosie

Yes! That bit about Walmart cracked me up!

Natalie
Natalie

It was interesting reading this article as things are way more expensive in the UK and you can’t get a gallon of ACV. I tend to buy my organic coconut oil online in bulk as it works out to be cheaper. I use coconut oil for all my cooking as well as in my skin products and as a prepoo 10kg is £110. I bought mine in January and I’m not even half way through so I think it is good value. I find that with most things in the UK if you want it cheap buy in bulk online. You… Read more »

Randi415
Randi415

Wow, these are some great deals!! I wish I’d known about that AVJ before buying two 32 ounce bottles of Lily of the Desert I wonder if they have the gel too. I buy flax seeds at my local dollar tree.

Afrinaturality
Afrinaturality

To my London-based naturalistas, if you want shea butter, just go into any African food shop in Peckham, Brixton or Dalston and ask them. They usually sell them £1 a bag. Good stuff straight from the Motherland and money directly into the hands of our own community.

Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody
Reply to  Afrinaturality

It’s organic, inner fillet Aloe I’m searching for!

Beth
Beth

Why or why aren’t there any Trader Joes in South Florida…

Michelle @Radiant Brown Beauty

Trader Joe’s has always carried coconut oil in my area….NY
As for the other really low prices I’m always leary about the potency when the price is so low.

For example, if you read the ingredients on some of the labels where the products are cheaper you will be shocked to find a ton of fillers.

stacey
stacey

GREAT POST!!

I can admit, I have been a victim of the aloe vera juice rip off! LOL paid 8.99 for 20oz, and then saw that humongous jug at TJ’s for 7.99…Learned my lesson

Jamie
Jamie

If you can get on any military base and shop at the commissary … They have organic coconut oil .. The same brand at whole foods.. For no more than 5$!

Kesha
Kesha
Reply to  Jamie

Thank you for mentioning the commissary. I am in the military and did not think to look in the commissary for natural products! The one of Ft Huachuca, AZ just started a rewards program too! So another pluss Don’t know if it’s going on other posts as well.

Umwiza
Umwiza

I LOVE TJ’s Aloe Vera Juice. My mom has kept it in her fridge for at least 10 years, and I love rinsing after co-washes (using TJ’s tea tree tingle or another TJ’s conditioner) with it. TJ’s is the best.

Mimi
Mimi

I am actually shocked none of you ladies has mentioned the power of the internet for bargain prices. For one, satin pillow cases can be found in the boat load on ebay! I got 3 satin pillow cases with a zipper enclosure (I must be a wild sleeper because my pillow case always seems to slide off in the middle of the night) for $7.99. They are all lime green, but hey I am not afraid of color for my pillow. Essential oils can be bought online through Amazon, the company I have most of my oils from is NOW… Read more »

Anthony Morrocco

These are some great tips! Good job spreading the word about healthy ingredients for natural hair!

Nefertiti

COSIGN on that Walmart on Crenshaw/MLK being the Worst Place on Earth– but it’s the only one in L.A. Gah! I have to really, really, REALLY need to go to a Wally World to go there, because 98% of the time, I’d rather just pay more and get what I’m getting from Target so I can avoid that wretched place. And, “buy” the way (see what I did there?), you can skip Walmart for cheap satin pillow cases, too! I scored mine from Ross. Ross can try my patience too sometimes, but nowhere near as bad as that Walmart. They… Read more »

Cheryl Vargas
Cheryl Vargas

A gallon of Aloe Vera juice for 7.99, that’s crazy. Their tea tree shampoo is awesome too, at only 3.99, yes sulfate free.

MzKane
MzKane

Lol that Walmart tested your spiritual growth. I also have a jar of coconut oil from Whole Foods. It really does help with hair breakage. I’ve only been to Trader Joes once but maybe I’ll go back and check out some of their products.

Yonnie
Yonnie

I buy vegetable glycerine on amazon.com and I get a much better bang for my buck than Whole Foods.

I buy my Giovanni Smooth as Silk & Direct Leave-in Conditioners from http://www.massagewarehouse.com. They sell the 1 liter bottles with the pump for $12.99 (they also have gallon bottles) which is a ridiculous price compared to what I was paying for the 8.5 oz bottle at Whole Foods or Target.

Likewaterforchocolat
Likewaterforchocolat

I stock up on my natural products and women’s one-a-days at i‑herb.com. I get glycerin, aloe gel, castor oil, essential oils, coconut oil and hemp protein powder (for protein shakes and makingmy own protein condish) and usually get free shipping as well. They also have freebies (samples) you can choose with your purchases. I usually only have to re-stock about twice a year.

napfrocurlzgirl

Satin is cheapest at the fabric store and comes in an array of designs and colors for about $7 a yard.

Kira
Kira

Costco sells a 54 oz jar of Carrington Farms coconut oil for $16.99. The label says “100% organic extra virgin” and “pure, unrefined, cold pressed”

Kesha
Kesha
Reply to  Kira

Wow! Thanks for the info.

Tiffany G.
Tiffany G.

I went to Trader Joe’s and got the coconut oil and avj. While I was there, I discovered that they sold grapeseed oil for $3.49! That’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen it. I think I like it better than olive oil too.

Diva
Diva

I get my grapeseed oil from TJoe’s. But as much as I love coconut oil, I hate the smell of coconuts. So Joe’s coconut oil has only been purchased once by me. I get my Spectrum’s Organic & Unrefined coconut oil from Walmart for about the same price as Trader Joe’s. It is scentless & I love it. My satin pillow case came from my local beauty supply place for $5. (Virginia Beach)

Capri
Capri
Reply to  Diva

Hey Diva, which Walmart do you buy your unrefined coconut oil? The one I shop @ in Chesapeake only sales refined.

Monzi
Monzi

I buy a 32oz of Coconut Oil from Whole Body (the health and beauty part of Whole Foods)for $20.

Jade
Jade

Thank you!!!!! How helpful
Smh, as I was reading and you said Walmart in LA I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about. I couldn’t help but laugh. But I guess I know where to go now

trackback

[…] we discussed last time, having natural hair or transitioning can be confusing, but it doesn’t have to be expensive […]

Mary
Mary

Ginger root from your grocery is excellent for stimulating hair growth & helps with baldness. You cut a piece off, stabbing it with a fork to get the juice flowing and rub it into your hair follicles which promotes blood flow, therefore stimulating growth. Leave in hair anywhere from 15–30 then shampoo. Beware, I have read it may lighten your hair. For dark hair it was recommended to add almond oil. I am going to try juicing a piece and put the liquid in my hair to extract more liquid. You may want to look up more info before you… Read more »

Mary
Mary

Surprise, surprise! For those of you on the east coast, I once bought a jar of Spectrum expelled pressed organic coconut oil for $5.99@ Stop & Shop. That was a shocker to me, since this market is quite pricey. Scanning sales flyers helps tremendously. For those of you who think it’s time consuming, you just scan for the item you’re intent on purchasing. Btw, on another occasion, I found it for the same price @ Walmart.

Capri
Capri

sharon
sharon

Hi,am sharon and in nigeria,i need to get castor oil,i will like to know the price and how i can get it.i need this information as soon as possible.Thanks

I’m gone to say to my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this web site on regular basis to get updated from newest news update.

Emanuel

I don’t create many comments, however i did some searching and wound up here The Cheapest Place to Buy Coconut Oil and 5 Other Natural Hair Essentials | Black Girl with Long Hair. And I do have a couple of questions for you if it’s allright. Could it be just me or does it seem like some of these responses look like written by brain dead visitors? 😛 And, if you are posting at other sites, I would like to follow anything new you have to post. Could you make a list of every one of all your shared pages like… Read more »

michael kors outlet florida

8x Let’s see how Michael Kors Outlet is valued against the market and its industry. As in dieting, it’s
especially hard to say” no” to cravings after a long dry spell.

Michael Kors Bags

Michael Kors Outlet expects first-quarter same-store sales to be up 35 percent and profits of
18 cents to 20 cents per share, according to Zeta Interactive, a digital marketing firm.
Dhani Mau pointed out the fact that actually the
accessories category is ripe for competition. Many Reviews has proven
that this item has good quality, so most of the quarters see charts below.
No”” If we michael kors outlet can use our celebrity,
I want to.

Shaughnessy
Shaughnessy

SATIN PILLOWCASES — I have found them at Ross & Marshall’s for $4.99 for a set.

Isabelle Ofume

You can the the Lily of the Desert brand of Aloe Vera at DrVita for less than $3. And a few other stuff. Free shipping too!

April

Wow! Sans the pillowcase, you can get all that for a little over $20!!!!! Great article!

Lunye
Lunye

LOL, love the article and I buy my oils at Trader Joe’s too…just had to laugh at the Walmart comment. I too am not a fan of Walmart and the one on King and Crenshaw is the worst. But a deal is a deal. I will be checking out those pillow cases.

milaxx
milaxx
Reply to  Lunye

Target carries that same satin pillow case. last I check it was $6.99. It’s in the hair care section. They also have doo rags, head wraps and sweat wicking heaadbands for the gym.

odete
odete

ola!!! P
ESSOAS ADOREI AS DICAS PARA AS MADEIXAS,SÃO RECEITAS DA NOS VôVO.
SERA Q VCS PODE ME DIZER A ONDE POSSO COMPRAR O GEL ECO.
BEJOS

DivineLady
DivineLady

I purchase my Biotin from http://www.puritan.com but i get the stronger version, 5000mg. (The stronger the more growth)It is $6.49. They recently had a sale that was buy 1 bottle and get 1 free plus free shipping. So pretty good deal right?

pascale
pascale

So true about the Walmart…I consider it an Alternate Universe..but will check it out..Thanks for the info!

speedy fox
speedy fox

52yr old , thanks for the info.

Lucky
Lucky

Alrighty, here’s my share. Camden-Grey is knocking Mountain Rose Herbs out of the box when it comes to butters and essential oils. They have butters I’ve never heard of such as aloe butter, jojoba butter, Monoi butter, etc., and the prices are lower.

aaron matteson
aaron matteson

this came up when googling and just wanted to say, not everyone has a trader joe’s. hm… I just want bulk (1 gallon) of coconut oil without the $35 it costs to ship it to me.

Heather Rose
Reply to  aaron matteson

Nutiva has a 1 Gallon organic, cold-pressed, and unrefined coconut oil. Shipping is free on all orders over $30. Definitely encourage you to buy organic food or products for your body otherwise you’ll be putting possible GMO’s, preservatives or so more on your skin, hair and body. Which we’ll harm you in the long run.

Pray that was some help if you haven’t already found a solution already.

Sheshe
Sheshe
Reply to  aaron matteson

Try Amazon.com

Kristen
Kristen

Vitacost has 54oz of coconut for $20something and so does Sams club. Sometimes vitacost runs a BOGO or free shipping!!

Melissa
Melissa

I was looking for the best place to get coconut oil. Trader Joes, of course! Thanks!

Jana Pathirana
Jana Pathirana
Reply to  Melissa

hello i am from sri lanka. i made virgin coconut oil. best quility virging coconut oil.

Alycia
Alycia

I get my coconut oil from the Vitamin Shoppe.. $10 for a 30oz jar. Which I don’t think is bad, but I’ll definitely start hitting up Trader Joes for oils, seeming as they don’t seem too expensive!

Phoxxie
Phoxxie

You can get a big ass 54oz jar from Vitacost for $20 and MSM and Biotin for like $5 too.

Sheshe
Sheshe

I, too, detest Walmart, but saving is saving. Besides, a lot of us do not live anywhere near a Trader Joes. With that being said, I have bought Aloe Vera juice and gel at Walmart at very reasonable prices. They also carry biotin and msn pills as well as the coconut oil along with the before mentioned pillow cases. I haven’t actually looked for the flax seeds though.

Jay
Jay

Anna’s linen’s They have satin pillow cases for $4.99.

tracy
tracy

I wish you would explain or describe the benefits of coconut oil and other items you mention. You only squabble over prices.

Jillian

I get a 56 fl oz container of Organic Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil from Sams for around $16! I can not find it anywhere for even close to that good a deal

Jana Pathirana
Jana Pathirana
Reply to  Jillian

i a janaka from sri lanka. i made virgin coconut oil. can be sell in verry resanable price. if you intrast contact me,

Erika N.
Erika N.

Organic coconut oil, 14 oz, is $3.99 at Food 4 Less. If a Food 4 Less is near you!

Olive Lovet
Olive Lovet

Coconut oil will be carried out in any appropriate additional complementary materials in the kitchen and make different disease drug . www[dot]//bit[dot]ly/1JQeSYe