One of the first things I purchased from BGLH Marketplace was the Coconut Whipped Shea Body Butter. As a child, coconut was a scent that reminded me of summer or the beach. In fact, during the summer, my mother used to slather Hawaiian Tropic sun tanning oil on me and my sisters to help with our tan. The oil was heavily scented with coconut and was so intoxicatingly pleasant.
Coconut Whipped Shea ButterFrom: $7.00
Now I only use tanning oil after applying sunscreen, but I remember thinking how great it would be if there were just a regular coconut scented oil or lotion. So when I saw that BGLH Marketplace carried Coconut Whipped Shea Butter, I jumped at the opportunity to purchase it. Not just for nostalgia but because I have actually included coconut scents into my summer “smell good” routine. (I’m big on perfumes, scented lotions, body oil, butters, basically any skincare product that smells good.)
I use Coconut Whipped Shea Butter as a base for all of my perfumes during the hot summer months. The scent is strong but not overpowering or heady.
What’s in Coconut Whipped Shea Body Butter?
This butter is super pure with just three ingredients; shea butter, coconut oil and almond oil.
How do I use it?
While all BGLH Marketplace butters can be used for both hair and skin (click here for a detailed description of how to use our whipped butters on hair), Coconut Whipped Shea is particularly versatile in that aspect. Coconut oil has been hugely popular in the natural hair community for years. Here are some ways to use it:
- As a daily lotion for 24 to 48 hour moisture. Whether you need a light moisturizer or something more pentrating, this body butter works.
- To reduce scars, stretch marks, burns, keratosis pilaris and keloids.
- As a softening foot cream.
- As a softening hand cream and nail growth treatment.
- As a leave in or deep conditioner for hair.
- As a styling cream for styles like twist, braids, twist outs and braid outs.
- As a curl definer for wash and go’s (either on its own or combined with a gel.)
- To reduce frizz and increase shine in hair.
- As a scalp treatment to reduce dryness, itching and dandruff, and stimulate.
What do others think of it?
So you already know I love it, but here are what others have to say ;
Have you tried the Coconut Whipped Shea Butter?