30 Black Girls Who SLAYED Prom 2016

Avatar • May 2, 2016

Black girls have been slaying prom for years and 2016 is no exception! The following young women are slaying the prom game with all types of #blackgirlmagic and we are oh so here for it! And please shout it out in the comments if you know the identity of the ladies we weren’t able to credit!

kente prom dress

Destiny Black

Destiny Black

tumblr_o6ih89JsrP1ro9ryio6_500

tumblr_o6ih89JsrP1ro9ryio1_500

tumblr_o6ih89JsrP1ro9ryio5_500

13062257_1022729967807475_5722976696080443325_n
This picture is actually from 2015, but we had to include it anyway!

The sheer creativity and beauty coming through from the class of 2016 is astounding!
Rihanna said it best:

giphy

Rose
Rose

Are these 17 and 18 year-olds??? Am I the only one who thinks some dresses are not age appropriate?

uhoh-ohno
uhoh-ohno
Reply to  Rose

Sweetie, I’ve seen some prom dresses this season on social media, that would make most of these look demure. Some of the necklines are a bit much, but otherwise, I can’t hate.

renee
renee
Reply to  Rose

If you think they’re too much, don’t put your daughter in them..easy. Otherwise, live and let live.

foladisqus
foladisqus
Reply to  Rose

I agree. Too much skin showing for young ladies.

BlackGirlShortHair
BlackGirlShortHair
Reply to  Rose

i was scared i was the only ones. These dresses are cute but I think the ages in them are little

Kaykay
Reply to  Rose

Aren’t they about to be young adults? Let them breathe a little. They not wearing this EVERYDAY, its just a one-time event. You sound like a overprotective mom. You can’t control everything they wear, they gonna have to grow up at some point,just like young adults get to wear what they want, treat them like the young adults they are maturing in to.

ebaiden
ebaiden

i love the queen sheila one.…the coming to america inspired one.

MalikaiDragonSlayer
MalikaiDragonSlayer

Arghh I wish I would’ve worn Kente cloth to prom. They all look amazing.

Kuwala

Gorgeous! Wish we can do a do-over on our prom dresses! ?

TWA4now
TWA4now

They are Beautiful gowns especially the reds!…some.expose the.breasts.TOO.MUCH.for.me.but.nice.

mel
mel

Slay ladies. slay.

Girlboy1238
Girlboy1238

These gals are gorgeous. It seems girls are growing up so quickly now.

Oak
Oak

i’m so excited for prom. All the dresses were appropriate and classy. I’ve seen some trashy tasteless dress and this ain’t it.

Ocean
Ocean

Beautiful! Makes me want to go to a white tie affair. The girl in the white and red dress reminds me of Keke Palmer, just a little.

chelle.B
chelle.B

simply regal …loved everyone of them

Happywife Taylor
Happywife Taylor

Very pretty. I have to admit some of these dresses were not age appropriate. One girl had a huge cutout in the front showing way too much breast. The girl in the teal and white mermaid gown,. Too much!!

Airial
Airial

My have times changed! I went to prom in 2009 and back then no one wore dresses nearly as sexy and over-the-top as these ladies.

Tina Daddys-Girl Jackson
Tina Daddys-Girl Jackson

Times have truly changed!! The money that is being spent on these dresses is str8 RIDICULOUS!! (COLLEGE BOOKS?)
I truly LOVED ALL THE AFRICAN INSPIRED DRESSES! They were beautiful and subtle, not having to expose so much for shock value! My question is…WHAT’S WITH ALL THE FISH-TAILED LONG TRAIN DRESSES?? Some of the trains were a bit dramatic! The young men looked so very handsome too!! As a Makeup Artist, some of the ladies highlighted their faces…WAY TOO MUCH!! Highlights are to enhance..not glare in your photos!! Them KARDASHIANS done told you wrong My SISTA’S!!!!

trackback

[…] in May Black Girl With Long hair celebrated 30 black girls who absolutely slayed prom this year, but overlooked one thing the styling girls who suited up and their latest round up is […]

ameerah morrison
ameerah morrison

i need a dress cause i have prom and graduation coming up in 3 months and it needs to be cute

SHANICE
SHANICE

Can someone please tell me where I can find the red and creame mermaid dress that the full figure lady had on ? Please my prom is in May and I need that dress asap please let me know. Snap & twitter @BonitaaStoner

Thank You.

JD Fashion&Designs
JD Fashion&Designs
Reply to  SHANICE

I design custrom prom or Formal Wear. So that you can be red carpet ready. Text me 352 379‑2750 for more information