16 Black Women Adorably Rocking the Faux Freckles Trend

Avatar • Apr 4, 2016

Beauty bloggers and makeup aficionados alike have taken up a new trend, adding faux freckles to their faces. Although people tend to associate freckles with white people, they occur in every race. And there are quite a few famous black freckled beauties, including Nia Long and Nikia Phoenix.

Actress Nia Long

Actress Nia Long

Model Nikia Phoenix

Model Nikia Phoenix

Faux freckles are having a moment right now, and back in November 2015 there was even an unsuccessful Kickstarter launched for a temporary freckle tattoo company. But the trend can be tricky to pull off. Although I’ve seen a few people do it successfully, others end up looking like Bambi — which is cute for Halloween, but not so much on a random Monday in April. If you want to try the look, gurus recommend using your brow pencil or gel liner with a tiny brush and adding some freckles along your nose and around your eyes underneath your powder so they don’t sit on top of your face.

Check out these 16 black women who are rocking the trend on Instagram.

@officialgoldentia

@makeupteee

fakefreckles15

@its_sharkk

fakefreckles16

@lifeasmardasia

fakefreckles17

Cute! Ladies would you give this trend a try? Yay or nay?

K_
K_

i have real freckles unfortunately not that i hate them but i truly never noticed until about 10 years ago when someone pointed it out to me.. ill skip on adding more

ss (short & sweet)
ss (short & sweet)

I too used to hate my freckles in my youth. Now, as a mature woman, freckles scream youth!

fromanotherplanet
fromanotherplanet

SZA taught them well, waking up at 5 am every morning to draw those freckles on their faces as if they are extras on Star Wars smh I cannot.

Jumoke
Jumoke

this is silly :/ like some of these women look like they’re trying too hard. but on the real… what’s the point of this? Everyone wants fake lips, fake ass, fake hair, nails, skin, eyes like why? This is excessive.

Miss Cassell
Miss Cassell

Totally agree with you. Members of my family also have freckles head to toe and we’re West African. So definitely not a white thing. This is going to far. People need to chill.

rachybaby
rachybaby

Why???

Jenn S.
Jenn S.

Well, I have freckles and I’m actually flattered that this would be a trend. I am always surprised when people tell me they think my freckles are pretty/cute. Agreed, we should enjoy our God-given beauty, but from someone on the opposite side of smooth, clear skin (the beauty norm)… I think faux freckles are neat!

Skeewee
Skeewee

Nia, and others with naturally occurring freckles, have always looked adorable with them. For others, it looks as though they are trying too hard. What’s the point? Ppl, just flaunt what you have 🙂

Return the Stone
Return the Stone
Reply to  Skeewee

On some people they look natural but I don’t understand how this is all of a sudden a trend.

kalexa1
kalexa1

It’s called the law of diminishing returns…They’ve nothing better to occupy themselves with.

cryssi
cryssi

My natural freckles are similar to Nia’s.

A small few of the faux freckled ladies look lovely.….the others look like they put a connect the dots outline on their face.

Cosita
Cosita

Freckles are associated with white people? I and everyone on my family have freckles. We’re not white. In fact some relatives are covered with freckles head to toe. People I know with freckles get made fun of. I grew up disliking them but finally came to accept them as I’m not going to wear makeup every day. So people wanting them seems strange to me. I guess it’s the thing of wanting what you don’t have.

Milos Mom
Milos Mom

I am on the fence with this one.

Victoria Owl
Victoria Owl

keda
keda

NAY! anything can become a trend, good grief! those with it naturally, cute. Other..seriosuly, your just drawing dots on your face.

liberianwoman
liberianwoman

Fake hair, fake nails, fake behind,fake breast, now fake dots on the face. When will we be happy with our natural self?

kalexa1
kalexa1

Er.…no! Ridiculous and fake looking. Celebrate what God gave you yes; fake freckles (and badly) no, just no. Ludicrous looking.

AnonyChick
AnonyChick

The makeup on some of these chicks is… :-/

ComeLetsTalk
ComeLetsTalk

Ehhh whatever. Could be worse I guess.