[Pics] Some Black Men are Tweeting that Menstrual Cycles are a Sign of Poor Health

Avatar • Mar 21, 2016

It all started when an Internet “philosopher” named Yada declared that menstrual cycles are European, and not African, in origin;

Your ancestors was not running, they were not running around bleeding all over the place. No. Why? Because they ate natural foods.”

Yada’s comments were mocked by many, but also revealed a scary fact — there are many men who think like him.

tumblr_o4e5qp1DfO1qbe3a5o1_540

tumblr_o4e5qp1DfO1qbe3a5o2_540

tumblr_o4e5qp1DfO1qbe3a5o3_540

tumblr_o4e5qp1DfO1qbe3a5o4_540

This ignorance is on par with a national trend of men speaking authoritatively on women’s health without a working knowledge of women’s bodies. And these statements are particularly dangerous because they weaponize a normal and necessary biological function to become evidence of the ‘unhealthiness’ and ‘uncleanness’ of black women.

Numerous studies have shown that medical research ignores women, and schools generally do a poor job of teaching students about the intricacies of women’s biology.

Reina Benoir
Reina Benoir

OMG so many losers who failed basic health class!

Tyler Daniels
Tyler Daniels

I think I’ve read enough stupid for the day.

When were these poor lost boys given the scientific and medical authority of a women’s body? How will they use science or logic to back this up. White people created periods, and the shedding of uterine lining is because of promiscuity and poor diet. And a 7 hour period is something I would love to have but it makes no sense. They will never
understand the wonderful creatoris a woman. We are strong walking Goddess and they honestly can’t comprehend that.

Our People
Our People
Reply to  Tyler Daniels

Why are you even on here confused? You are parading a spore and rainbow nation bullcrap. Genetics is a real study and indigenous peoples biology is different from mutated cloned biology of your mate. Ask a white woman who has researched the melanotropic peptide the building block of ALL hueman life. Which only indigenous black people have. In laymans terms it is called melanin (eumelanin for black people) white people have a mutated form called pheomelanin that lacks essential functions making them allergic to the sun or electromagnetic waves in higher frequencies. It is common knowledge that any NATURAL entity… Read more »

Genie345
Genie345

whoa

Redseouls B
Redseouls B

Effing dummies!

OXxo
OXxo

I don’t know why schools are solely blamed as parents and extended families are also to blame for not teaching children about their health and the health of the opposite sex. If boys aren’t taught by those around them what is and isn’t normal in terms of reproductive health in both men and women, they get stupid ideas in their heads and then blame their female partner for everything from getting pregnant to having a child with sickle cell disease. While I’m glad he asked, I was not impressed that myself and 3 female friends’ had to teach a 28… Read more »

abbiethrills
abbiethrills

Lord please save us from these misogynistic hoteps.

KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

I. CAN. NOT. Lol this is what happens when men think they know everything. Even some animals have a menstrual cycle XD But no it’s “not natural” for human females. Then there’s the ones who think that its because of the bible. I wonder if these ankh-hoteps know that their “ancient Egyptian” ancestors were actually very knowledgeable about how a woman’s period worked and even invented some early contraception. Jfc.

Femmegrrrl
Femmegrrrl

Oh, it’s not just Black Men. I’ve heard this claptrap from people I grew up with, who were from the Ozarks. The amount of ignorance is incredible.

LBell
LBell

I realize that there have always been ignorant people in the world, but you’d think with the Internet there’d be less of them. Nope…they just have a bigger megaphone with which to broadcast their ignorance.

Nothing to see here…moving on…

KamJos
KamJos

I remember reading some hotep nonsense that claimed this way back in the early 2000s. It’s really sad what the horrible education system has done to thinking skills of some Black people. They’ll believe anything as long as it’s written down in a book.

cerulean blue 86
cerulean blue 86
Reply to  KamJos

That’s not the education system. That is pure ego doing the talking.

rainbow
rainbow

Wierd

Deanna Jackson
Deanna Jackson

Hoteps and the stupidity they spread…

kandiekj100
kandiekj100

I can’t. At least if they were going to throw this out here as fact, one would think they’d have research to back it up. I think there is some truth to your diet affecting your menstrual cycle (heaviness, duration, etc), but these men are incredibly misguided and are just trying to create yet one more way that women are made to feel bad about their bodies.

Uniscorn
Uniscorn
Atypically Normal
Atypically Normal

I feel like all of this could be avoided if most people just chose to pay attention in their high school health class.

Shay
Shay

I think we need to stop looking at this as men targeting/hating women and actually look at this for a minute and see if there’s any truth. I’ve heard this from some women, who no longer menstruate because they’ve changed their diet and they to have said some of these same things. I’ve heard a few sources say that a woman should only get her period when she’s wanting to make child (in heat). They’ve said when you look at animals, they do not menstruate until they’re in heat. So if this same thing occurs to women, a woman could… Read more »

OXxo
OXxo
Reply to  Shay

Women in Africa and Asia menstruate. The only reason you don’t know about it is because it’s taboo to talk about it in their societies.

Girls leave school when they get their periods in some rural villages because they don’t have access to a toilet at school. They also have difficultly obtaining and paying for sanitary protection so often use rags.

Star Lady
Star Lady
Reply to  Shay

One thing we need to remember is that even the hebrew (an AfroAsian) people menstruated. There were laws about that and even healthy AFRICAN women mentruate and go by those same hebraic laws of separation. Periods are NOT a European thing and is NOT a sign of poor health. And they had a healthy diet. Women ‚menstruate because the egg was not fertilized. When you lose your period, it “could” be a sign of a health issue. These hotepers are simply putting junk into your minds. To think that there is “some truth” to their idiocracy is a serious sign… Read more »

EllieLo
EllieLo
Reply to  Shay

The thing with the diet you have to remember is that women who go through a dramatic decrease in weight/are severely underweight often stop menstruating or (if they are younger) are even delayed in the menstruation process until they return to a proper/healthier weight. Look at girls who become gymnasts or dancers from an early age. A lot of girls there stress their bodies out to the point where they stop having period, but consider it a good thing because they think they’re “working hard enough”. Is THAT healthy? Look at the women who make these claims. Look at what… Read more »

BlueCornMoon
BlueCornMoon
Reply to  EllieLo

It is a known fact that a woman’s body has to have a certain percentage of fat in order for the menstrual cycle & pregnancy to happen. Nature’s way of ensuring that a woman will be healthy enough to carry & bear children.What you said about gymnasts & dancers is the TRUTH. Heard it from a doc. That kind of loss of body fat can also cause brittle bones. Read this http://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/guide/overtraining-and-osteoporosis BTW, that talk that says women should only get periods when they want a child because it’s that way with animals is a load of baloney. HUMANS ARE… Read more »

alinad
alinad
Reply to  Shay

Wat.

imnoteva
imnoteva
Reply to  Shay

nope. periods stopping in a woman is not a sign of good diet but a sign of deficiencies. the body was so nutrient starved it stopped functioning properly. people find that when they are on a raw food diet with hardly any fat their period stops.

Dorothy Goldsmith
Dorothy Goldsmith
Reply to  Shay

Which does not eliminate the subseptability of disease and death in our unhealthy world today, malnurished women encounter so much weakness in their mental state, often incabable of running a house hold and working without encountering Thyroid and uterine illnesses. the climates and evironmental factors can be cruel on a woman body, and Personally my mother and aunts had meses twice a year, eating and drinking what ever they desired, so it natural for some women I often heard my mother say it was not good for women to work out side of the home during this time even if… Read more »

Cosita
Cosita
Reply to  Shay

The problem is a person can stop having a cycle for many reasons.Therefore, it doesn’t make sense to automatically equate lack of a period with being healthier. I have been irregular all my life unless I was on birth control which is the main reason I started taking. Without it I have gone 3, 4, 5 months without a period. And I have never been a vegan diet in my life.

Ivriniel
Ivriniel

While the African vs European angle appears to be new, advocates of raw food diets have long argued that menstuation is a sign of poor health.

Women on raw food diets often lose so much body fat that they stop menstruating, so in order to rationalize away how unhealthy their diet is, they argue that it is everyone else who has the problem.

Cosita
Cosita
Reply to  Ivriniel

Actually not having a menstral cycle can potentially be a sign of a health problem. I have always been irregular meaning I don’t always get a period each month. Once I went five months without a period I was NOT eating a raw foods diet or doing heavy exercise. But I still got cramps when my cycle should have come on. I went to the doctor and he told me if I didn’t have a period the next month he would give me something to start it but it came back.

cerulean blue 86
cerulean blue 86
Reply to  Ivriniel

The point is to let women make that decision for themselves. Men can bust themselves with learning how to ingasm. Worry about ending police brutality against them. Worry about gang violence. Worry about their own diets. Because if they really wanna get technical about what’s natural, the male fetus isn’t but a mutation from the female. But I don’t see them up here advocating we stop birthing boys. It’s all about staying in our lanes.

Chri?opher Gu?eridge
Chri?opher Gu?eridge

By that “logic”, deciduous trees are clearly a weaker more sinful type of tree.

Alicia
Alicia

Is this for real? It’s 2016 and we still have idiots like this around??

Cosita
Cosita

These are the people who shouldn’t procreate.

Dee
Dee

Im in tears!! LMAO.

julezasaurus
julezasaurus

> Now, how is the DUMMY!

Still you.

David
David

You’re talking about something that makes pigmentation, not influences the sexual functions of the body. You can bullshit about melanin (or eumelanin for black people) all you want, but that doesn’t give any real scientific basis to the idea that black women shouldn’t menstruation. Your argument about black women having the most problems with their wombs is not accurate at all (it’s more closely correlated to socio-economic status, e.g. where you live and how you live, than race), and it fails to reckon with the fact that, in African countries, horribly sexist dogma leads to genital mutilation and abuse of… Read more »

Clarissa Holz
Clarissa Holz

wrong. dead wrong.

Ms.
Ms.

I don’t want to read anything else from black men. They are illogical, cowardly, violent in the community, and just a plain burden on their community. They are always online telling other people what they need to be doing. And they make no sense. And I am especially sick of them trying to control every single aspect of black women’s existence, from how BW wear their hair, to what clothes the BW wears, to her nails, to makeup, to who she dates. I’m so sick of these men. And yet they still won’t build anything for their communities. Boycott black men.

Nunya Beezwax
Nunya Beezwax
Reply to  Ms.

They’re disgusting

Janet
Janet

This is a whole new level of stupidity!

Yet with all the birth control on the market that suppress the period I am not surprised these idiots think its NOT normal to have a period.

Destiny Parker
Destiny Parker

This is what happens when you allow men to have a say about womens bodies, they just start making shit up just because they feel like keeping us down.

Tall Shon or T.S
Tall Shon or T.S

This dick head

Return the Stone
Return the Stone

I’m sorry but I can’t take any of these hoteps seriously and none of these dudes claim to be a gynecologists, he’ll I was on Instagram earlier and noticed this onedude posted a pic saying that most “bitches wear pads because a tampon will just fall out from a girl being loose literally because of banging to many dudes.” For their sake I hope they are just trolling and don’t actually believe the crappie they are saying.

Ocean
Ocean

Interesting take. You are 100% correct in the neglect and often abuse of the woman (and especially black woman) body in the study and practice of medicine.

This ignorance is shocking. I hope I never run into someone so dumb.

blueberry_martini
blueberry_martini

Menstruation is not natural”, but sperm formation is? Right? This is hotep logic is always rooted in patriarchy; where the men are divine and superior and the women must stay pregnant and subservient. Incredible.

Queen Ekuba
Queen Ekuba

They look so stupid making these comments. And where do these dimwits get their information on African history (aka what the ancestors did) from? Does it just sprout from their imagination? Because I’m pretty sure that there is sufficient written and oral documentation of African customs revolving around menstruation for them to know that menstruation wasn’t invented by Europeans (that is since they are too stupid to even know anything about biology, evolution & the reasons that women menstruate, I’m hoping at least they will know something about history)

Ruby
Ruby

Hotep Twitter strikes again.

OttawaGirl
OttawaGirl

#StopHoteps2016

clever_moniker

READ AN ANATOMY TEXTBOOK.

Philly Jawn
Philly Jawn

These men a idiots. The uterus is a self cleaning organ in order to have children you need this to occur we need a lush lining and for the old cells to sloth off so the egg can implant there is no excuse to be this foolish with google these says , how can a man tell me about my period

Jumoke
Jumoke

just stupid lol

EllieLo
EllieLo

.….I keep telling people that our school systems are failing us.

Or maybe some people are actually just this stupid.

Neurotic Knight
Neurotic Knight

Organic and anti vax movements is at the core a fraud marketing scheme, that thrives of making it’s customers anti science. So this is not a surprise. Periods in women are horrible, so if these people are not feeling guilty to scam people with cancer and infectious diseases, why would anyone think they would not stoop so low as to attack women as well.

Milos Mom
Milos Mom

Sweet. Baby. Jesus. What have these people been smoking? Please do not let these people pro-create ESPECIALLY if they don’t have respect for the great vagina and all that it does. (Or at least the very least, a decent idea of how it works.)

3caramel7
3caramel7

These theories I must say (gulp) are interesting! I would love to see what proof and qualifications they have to back these statements.

Christine Alexis
Christine Alexis

These boys or children !!! I will not call them men because they have no education it seems. Need to crawl back under the rocks they came from. I have never heard such foolishness in my life.

cerulean blue 86
cerulean blue 86

A heavy sigh and a face palm. That’s all I got.

BrooklynTam
BrooklynTam

Um???

Yurilyte
Yurilyte

wtf…they do realize that menstruation is talked about in the Bible itself, like back in Ancient days? It was a woman’s “unclean” time. I’m not sure of the frequency (monthly, quarterly, etc) but women everywhere have been having periods. I hate hotep negroes…

Also this is the same dude that said carrots are unhealthy

BlackGirlShortHair
BlackGirlShortHair

Jeeeeeesu Christ! what in heaven’s name? it scares me that people this ignorant still exist in our world, not when information is out there on the streets for toddlers. heaven help us. I can never be angry with these guys. i can only pray for them.

Kevin Bacon
Kevin Bacon

Can’t tell if they are high or just stupid

Kevin Bacon
Kevin Bacon

This isn’t your average everyday stupid.…This is advanced stupid

Véronique Guannel
Véronique Guannel

i don’t understand… does men have proper biological education in middle school in united states?? every student should know how the menstrual cycle works, their arguments are so stupid it sickens me.

omegawon
omegawon

When hoteps open their mouth, I close my mind.

Taylor Dawn Humphrey
Taylor Dawn Humphrey

Yall are running out of things to post at this point. Yall need to do some free crowd sourcing and figure out what we are really trying to see and hear.

Abigail Dole
Abigail Dole

This kind of utter and profound ignorance based on erroneous philosophy is disheartening to me. Who is teaching this stuff? Do these people NOT understand simply biology?

la
la

Anything for the hotep ankh n****s to rule over our bodies but at the same time hate black women. So sad ignorant some follow them, soon we will have a bunch of women bleeding out all over their pants.

Please let these fake deep n****s go back to their white and non black women and leave us alone. I would set up speed dating with white women for them, anything for them to leave Black women alone.!

Liloo Love U
Liloo Love U

hahahahahhahaah it make me laugh so much !! poor silly guy who still don’t know what is a woman !! hahahahaha !! we are the futur, do you know that??! what are we gonna teach to our children +++ if it will be a boy !

imnoteva
imnoteva

i’m pretty sure in the bible, i read that rachael or leah when they left their dad’s house with jacob and stole one of their dad’s idols or whatever (and he chased after jacob and the sisters looking for it) one of them sat on it to hide the idol during the search and apologised that she couldn’t get up because she was on her period. these men need serious prayers, there is clearly something wrong with them, basic scientific knowledge that a 10 year old should know and they are trying to spit this ignorance. this isn’t the first… Read more »

BlueCornMoon
BlueCornMoon

DO NOT,UNDER ANY.….REPEAT A.N.Y .… CIRCUMSTANCES HAVE KIDS WITH ANY OF THESE MEN !!! Your children will be born dead from the neck up !! These hoteps are WAAAY beyond stupid! Can they even BREATHE ON THEIR OWN??? They should be castrated on sight. This is why we need to overhaul our educational system. This stupidity & ignorance is beyond belief ! PARENTS are the ones who should teach sexuality & reproduction to their kids, but they don’t so schools have to do it.

tikki thompson
tikki thompson

I just read a comment that said black and white ppl do not have the same DNA…:( All I can say is that is very incorrect and sad if u believe that. Just like plants and animals humans have kinds. Black and white r kinds of the human race. We can procreate together 🙂 but we differ from animals in so many ways including going into heat. Our sexual feelings can b caused by hormones or some kind of arousal. Which works well for us! Don’t u think?! And remember each race has it’s good and bad history. Let’s look… Read more »

The People
The People

Black Women did you get the message?! It is not a diss it is indigenous health facts. On a proper diet you should not menstruate or do it for a very short period. It is a sign of good health for your body. Do you know that black women around the globe lead in disease states of the womb? We have the highest rates of Fibroids! And we are the women that consume the diets that are furthest from what are our natural foods. Remember our biology is at home in the Tropics! What grows in the tropics, naturally? Fruit,… Read more »

Lace
Lace

Somebody better hold me back… Swear.

Purple Sound
Purple Sound

Lawd, help these ignorant fools.

Spirit
Spirit

I’m so happy I don’t date black men so I’m not subjected to their idiocy

Michelle Freeman
Michelle Freeman

What did I just read. I must be tired because I’m sure I’m reading shite … in abundance.

One Bell
One Bell

When I see the letters MD in Obstetrics and Gynecology behind your name, maybe I will listen. Maybe!!

Shannon-El

I think men would be more sensitive to this conversation if they actually knew what #sanitizernapkins were made of and the harmful effects it has on mothers and daughters. The Truth is hidden from plain site. Learn more at http://www.bit.ly/therelationshipbusiness

EgregiousCharles
EgregiousCharles

LOL this will never go away if you try to pin it on ‘men’. Ain’t just your average man saying this shit. This comes only from the kind of man who has been taught in some cult to throw away everything he was previously taught in school.