[Pics] Swedish Women are Doing “Chocolate” Spray Tans to Darken Their Skin

Avatar • Mar 10, 2016

The Stockholm-based Emmaatan salon, run by Emma Patissier Alm, specializes in spray tanning. But while tanning salons are often associated with being ‘bronzed’ (or, in a worst case scenario, ‘orange’), Emmaatan delves into deep brown colors with spray tan solutions like “Violet Onyx”, “Dark Ash Onyx”, “Caramel” and “Dark Chocolate.”

The spray tanning solution Emmaatan uses http://www.emmaatan.com/

The spray tanning solution Emmaatan uses

The spray tanning solution Emmaatan uses http://www.emmaatan.com/

The spray tanning solution Emmaatan uses

Emmaatan’s website and popular Instagram account include pictures of Swedish women happily showing off their darkened skin.

Black women on Tumblr responded with shock at how dark the tans go. “Th-that’s that’s my skin color in a bottle.” one commenter quipped.

Shaming dark skin is a foundational tenet of many beauty norms — not just in the United States, but worldwide. So it is quite bizarre to see dark skin being bottled up and sold like this.
Ladies, what are your thoughts?

kalexa1
kalexa1

Not so much ‘Wow’ as ‘Well, and there we have it folks!’ Actions speak louder than words.

KeepinItOneThouWow
KeepinItOneThouWow

They hate us cause they ain’t us. I’m not surprised at all.

Claudette UK
Claudette UK

We already know they love the colour of our skin. Just not when it’s on our skin. When its their skin they go into raptures on twitter about it.

echo
echo

Black face

Twilisha

This is absolutely bizzare

KissOfDanger

I say let’s charge royalties.

kalexa1
kalexa1
Reply to  KissOfDanger

Lol! Good one! .…if only!

Elle P.
Elle P.

Wow!!! I’ll just leave this here…

Mzjewels
Mzjewels
Reply to  Elle P.

MY CHEST

Lapin
Lapin
Reply to  Elle P.

And no amount of skin lightening cream will help you people feed yourselves or create civilisation.

meme
meme

how about black people who bleach their skins ? I don’t think I’ve heard caucasian people talk about how pple of color people “tone” / bleach their skins trying to look white.. isn’t it the same thing ?

we always want what the other man has.. humans are never contented

DiaShoni
DiaShoni
Reply to  meme

Uh…no. No, it isn’t. No one is shaming white people for having fair skin while trying to get fair skin.

CocoaGoddess
CocoaGoddess
Reply to  DiaShoni

I kinda disagree

DiaShoni
DiaShoni
Reply to  CocoaGoddess

Really? How many people benefit from having dark skin yet strive to lighten it, all while shaming and denigrating people who are naturally fair skinned?

Emerah Marie
Emerah Marie
Reply to  meme

when one of color has to assimilate in a country that’s predominately white and mostly bigoted and the boss tells me i cant have a fro because it’s not kempt in the workplace i literally have to straighten or perm it, the western ideal of beauty is to be as light as possible, soooooo when this country has it’s crap together maybe some of us won’t be forced to look like you kapeesh ? Obviously you know nothing of being colored in this country?

A
A
Reply to  meme

This isn’t the same. Black people tend to bleach their skin in order to assimilate into whiteness because they are seen as more beautiful to society and therefore fit in better into this country created for white people. That’s why white people don’t complain, because this is the goal. White is the ideal. These people can wash of this tan, and still benefit from white privilege. POC can’t.

cylon
cylon
Reply to  A

white privilege” in Sweden? There are entire No-Go Zones in Sweden where white people do not dare to go to. Women in Östersund have been warned by police to simply not go outside just this week.

???
???
Reply to  meme

Yeah i don’t think anybody is trying to be anyone but it sure looks ridiculous when it’s overdone like that.

Nay
Nay
Reply to  meme

Although I do not agree with skin bleaching, I do not think this is the same. Black people have a wide range of skin tones, from super light to super dark complexions. White people on the other hand, do not have that. So this is basically black face, it is not even in the white person’s nature to be this dark.

People always seem to praise black features when it is not on a black person. ?

Pamela A
Pamela A
Reply to  meme

So many white people have mocked black people who bleach their skin and do say they’re trying to look white. I see it happen all the time. I agree that the situations are similar but the difference is that most black people who bleach their skin have internalized self hatred as a result of being mocked and hated for their skin color while many of the white people mocking them for that color are trying to get it artificially (basically hypocrisy). Not trying to justify the actions of black people who bleach, just pointing out some of the differences.

Pamela A
Pamela A
Reply to  meme

So many white people have mocked black people who bleach their skin and do say they’re trying to look white. I see it happen all the time. I agree that the situations are similar but the difference is that most black people have internalized self hatred as a result of being mocked for their skin color while many of the white people mocking them for that color are trying to get it artificially (basically hypocrisy). Not trying to justify the actions of black people who bleach, just pointing out some of the differences.

HoHo S.
HoHo S.
Reply to  meme

So, in situations like that, it’s more so an act of assimilation than anything. Black women are always having their skin commented on and the darker you are, the more negative the comments are. There has been a ridiculously long history of black people (especially dark skinned) trying to look “whiter” in order to feel better and be treated better. It’s sad really. These women are doing this as a fashion statement, black people did the opposite for acceptance. Also..it’s kind of irritating to know these women can darken up their skin like this and just take it off but… Read more »

Mel
Mel
Reply to  meme

If you honestly compare skin bleaching to that, while claiming it is basically the same thing, you should probably sit this one out because your grasp on the history of discrimination and and social issues tied to skin color is basically non-existent. Look up colorism while you are at it.

KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos
Reply to  meme

People of Color bleach their skin to conform to a racist, white supremacist world, not for fun. POC get called ugly and evil for being dark naturally and White people are doing it to be “trendy” for the summer. It doesn’t matter to them because it washes off and they can go back to benefiting on having the coveted White Skin and features. Get your facts straight, it is not “the same thing.”

Skyler Jung
Skyler Jung
Reply to  meme

So true xD Everyone’s probably at least once looked at someone else and wished they looked like them, regardless of it’s something like skin tone, their hair, face, weight, etc.. people want what they don’t have.

Chrissie
Chrissie
Reply to  meme

I have but it’s usually in response to black people speaking against other races adopting black hairstyles/tanning/lip and booty injections etc. I don’t know why people’s insecurities are used to insult, from all sides. Most of us humans aren’t happy with what we have.

Shon Bew
Shon Bew

LOL no.

PissQueen69
PissQueen69
Reply to  meme

not the same thing at all.

kalexa1
kalexa1
Reply to  meme

No, it’s not the same thing because these women aren’t doing it out of a need to be accepted by society. They aren’t doing it from a position of being oppressed, and they aren’t doing it out of a need for recognition in a society that marginalises them and makes their natural beauty invisible in the media.

Reply to  kalexa1

I love it when intelligent people respond to someone who makes a ridiculous point. Right on to you!!!!!!

Bamboo
Bamboo
Reply to  kalexa1

To be honest I agree with meme, we always want something what is not given us by birth, wealth etc., by the way if we are talking about jelousy, I could also say that majority of black african women are jelous on white women because they want to have nice, shiny Long hair, so therefore they are buying wigs.but that wouldn’t be the truth..there is nothing wrong in wanting to change a look occasionally but what is wrong when non educated people blaming race?? What is wrong with you people? We are all different, unique and beautiful in some ways..so… Read more »

stardust
stardust
Reply to  meme

Yep, this is what us sisters up here on the north side have to deal with, rudeness, racism and exclusion on all levels, and yet they copy us like never before.

thill
thill

Does it have UV protection? I would love for summer months to even my skin tone and I’m African American.

Shon Bew
Shon Bew
Reply to  thill

SAME!

Chillingwith
Chillingwith
Reply to  thill

You and me both.

KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Feshitizing dark skin on someone who isn’t actually dark skinned. Classic racism and colorism which is the SAME reason why the whole Nina Simone situation is problematic. Because other people think its ok to do this too.

Reply to  KosmoKhaos

Amen, cause I’m still mad about that. when i think of how long and how much indie arie clammored for,fought for, and tried desperately to get that role and they still bypassed her and went over to zoe, of all people to play nina. those folk didn’t really know the real nina because if they had known the beautiful, black piano priestess and musical genius who actually walked OFF THE APOLLO STAGE one time in the middle of a concert because nina heard several people talking during her performance, then they would have known that if the real nina had… Read more »

Ivie Bien-Aime
Ivie Bien-Aime

May we will begin to understand what motivate the hatred of white supremacy. It has always been about envy.

Reply to  Ivie Bien-Aime

Yaas.…..Toni Morrison says it too when she describes black men as being the envy of all the world.……

StraightShooter
StraightShooter

When people used to say that white women tan to be like us, I used to just blow it off. Now, I actually think it may be true.

BEYPHOMET/JAYPHOMET
BEYPHOMET/JAYPHOMET

WE’VE always known that we were the most skin beautiful and body beautiful people. Whites have been trying to get what we naturally have since the bustle was created to give the illusion of having a beautiful backside.

Terasa Barker
Terasa Barker

STOP !!!!

maralondon

I tell you, Europeans suffer from severe inferiority complexes. This also reminds me of the Japanese men and women darkening their skin and getting their hair treated to achieve afros back in the 90’s.

Return the Stone
Return the Stone

To me this is brand new but it’s not like we are supposed to be getting offended by this

Cherchez La Femme
Cherchez La Femme

I think it would be awesome for Black women trying to even out their skin tone, but THIS … this is unfortunate.

Oops
Oops

they do this to get a reaction out of the black African diaspora.…getting a reaction from us on social media is a money making machine.…do not fall for it

Kay Arie
Kay Arie

they aint gone get it cuz they aint got it! #tisall

Kevin Bacon
Kevin Bacon

Jesus take the wheel ??

Frugivore Clarissa
Frugivore Clarissa

Wow.…it’s like they think black and brown is only beautiful if it’s on non black and brown people. ‑_-

Natalie White
Natalie White

As a dark skin Afro-American woman, for many years i had a complex about my skin complexion and it wasn’t until this random white woman stopped me on the street to rave about how gorgeous she thought my skin color was that i finally realize what a blessing it is to have this chocolate skin of mine. She told me how she and many Caucasian women literally bake themselves in the sun to attain the complexion i naturally had & it utterly blew my mind that the very thing i had been ridiculed about, the one thing i detested about… Read more »

Jude
Jude
Reply to  Natalie White

This was my experience moving to the UK! The number of times I had people approach me to compliment my skin (and also question why I permed my hair, because natural hair was something to be envied), allowed me to become so proud of my black girl magic just as I was starting my degree and forming my identity as an adult.

BlueCornMoon
BlueCornMoon

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand there’s ” cultural appropriation” where aspects of our culture are copied without giving us credit or copied in a negative way. I have always loved the brown/dark skin that we & other nationalities have. Never could understand why dark skin is so despised in the world. maybe they hate us because they can’t BE us. Our skin is God’s sunscreen to protect us from burning. My bro & I are past 50 & go to school reunions where we often see white classmates. Ain’t nothing better than showing up looking like you… Read more »

LBell
LBell
Reply to  BlueCornMoon

You and I are in the same age range. I DON’T dye my gray — in fact I show off the white patch I have at the front — and even so people are rendered speechless when they find out my real age. Even black people are shocked, which amazes me…I thought everybody knew how this worked, lol. I’ve stopped revealing my age because of the reactions I get.

Mocha Gypsy

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery… If they like it, I love it! I can’t believe the negativity about this. There are black women with blonde/red weaves and light eye contacts (and THEY aren’t making a big deal about it)… It all doesn’t matter much because we are all from the same family!

42p0ner
42p0ner

They make it, but does anyone actually buy it? This article reads like viral marketing.

Reply to  42p0ner

good point.

Jessie Crishaun
Jessie Crishaun

Ugh, these comments are idiotic. Context people. Stop trying to apply what these women are doing to America’s history and culture. They’re not from here. They’re not doing this to offend you. Did you ever consider maybe they really admire black people? I know lots of white people from europe and they openly admit that they like the way black people look, because it’s different. I don’t think anyone should feel outraged over this. It’s strange and it’s bizzare, but it wasn’t done with the intent to offend black people or to make fun of black people, so let it… Read more »

CocoaGoddess
CocoaGoddess

I feel the same damn way…people just irk my soul

ARM
ARM

That is utterly stupid. Do you really think slavery only happened in America. Really? Slaves were brought to Europe too first of all. Racism exists everywhere and its is extremely naive to think that racism is only in the US (or even only in the Western Hemisphere for that matter)
There is so much idiotic business in your comment. Really idiotic. I don’t understand why anyone would condone this.

Dan
Dan

The comments are fair.

The slave trade wasn’t limted to America it was worldwide with plenty of European involvement. The history of Africa is set to a backdrop of European Nations carving it up and appropriating its resources — human beings included.

Miam Yonly
Miam Yonly

Jessie Crishaun, you are kidding me right , what you said is a joke right ? Did we not just see swedish business men and women eating a cake that looks like saarah bateman “(hot taute”) did the swedish not build zoo’s for us just like any other place in europe, lets not forget recent events when they said they wanted the UN to kick out all aficans because they made there country stink and property value less.…I have sudanese friends that live in sweden and I think you need to get your story straight , because they show me… Read more »

Krille
Krille
Reply to  Miam Yonly

FWIW, I’m a white guy from Sweden so feel free to ignore me and my facts. 🙂 The cake you’re referring to was created by an artist known for this type of provocative art. He is from Sweden as you’d expect but you probably would not expect him to be black. Yes, he is black. His name is Makode Linde if you want to look it up. The cake/art piece itself is known as “Painful Cake”. And the “business people” were actually high ranking Swedish politicians (fooled into participating in what is best described as a publicity stunt). As for your statements… Read more »

The Reactionary Tree

The Swedish ethno-masochism ceases to amaze me. Just when I think they can’t possibly be anymore cucked, they outdo themselves.

city_rat
city_rat

Could you expound on that?

trackback

[…] [Pics] Swedish Women are Doing “Chocolate” Spray Tans to Darken Their Skin […]

Kawanna Peña Cepeda
Kawanna Peña Cepeda

Keep in mind that this people ARE NOT AMERICAN. They don’t know what your history is. In other parts of the word people can go as dark or as white as one like and they won’t be judge the way they are in ‘murrica.

ARM
ARM

That’s very untrue racism is everywhere. I don’t know exactly how sweden is when it comes to racism however it is a COMMON mistake to think that America is the only racist country. Just look at how Australian Aboriginies are treated in Australia a place pple often view as racially equal.

Zealkin
Zealkin

yeah no lol, sweden has a virulent history of antiblack racism just like the rest of europe, let’s not pretend america is the only one that has this problem, it’s global…

Viviane
Viviane

And that’s where you’re wrong mama. Europe has its own very ugly history of slavery and colonization so all of the issues regarding race still apply…albeit differently than in the US, I’ll give you that, but they still apply.

Jude
Jude
Reply to  Viviane

Uhm, she’s not entirely wrong mama. Yes, Europe has a dark history re: its involvement in slavery and imperialism, but as a Black American living in Europe (nearly 9yrs now), there is nowhere near the level of racism here as there is in the USA. I can really only comment on the UK (and Scotland / London in particular), but if you look at more recent history, there were no laws effectively institutionalizing racism (Jim Crow and its legacy is uniquely American); honestly, when I first moved here it took me aback how frequently people would approach me and openly… Read more »

Reply to  Jude

Sorry I beg to differ and I am someone born and bred in England. In England racism is partly covert so it may not be something you observe on the surface. Institutional racism does exit whether it be in the schools, law enforcement, our national health system or music industry. I would agree with you that hang ups on things like natural hair and skin tone are not so prevelant but i’m not saying that there aren’t any black people who have a crisis regarding their identity because there are, there are plenty.

JSaying
JSaying

Exactly. Only in ‘murrica I see people love to tell you what you are.

Cherryblossomgirl08
Cherryblossomgirl08

Except the history of racism isn’t exclusive to America?

Ceecee82
Ceecee82

Western countries are all aware of black history. There are black people in Europe and in sweden too, mostly from Ethiopia or Erytrea. It’s weird even for sweden!

Erika

Nope. I have a white as white can be Swedish friend in Sweden that is fully aware of what blackface means to black people. Don’t let people sell you that bullshit, because it’s not true. People in other countries are well aware that things like this are wrong.

Tj Jazz
Tj Jazz

Mass. Native living in Europe for years and loads of Scandanavian friends. Many may be aware of the US racial issues, our twisted history, but the bulk do not understand nor even think about the reality and the EFFECTS of things like blackface, and complexities of the racism in the US. Some people are very clear that they are comfortable in their lighter skin, others love my skin, hair, express how they wished they could be the same, but so far (as fa r as I know), I’ve mixed with people happy enough in their own skin, well travelled, to… Read more »

maralondon

It’s not about knowing American history though they do have knowledge of Slavery which didn’t just happen in America but South America and the Caribbean too. The slave trade was able to prop much of Europe up and helped industrialise it so Sweden is well aware of this time in history. They also have their own history of poor relations with people of colour Just like the rest of Europe.

JackpotJoy

You are wrong you dumb idiot! Americas racism was founded from the British aka the UK. Pick up a freaking history book. Everywhere Europeans went they installed a caste system that oppressed those of us with more MELANIN! Have a stadium of several seats!

kia
kia

What the fuck…

Yolanda Vargas
Yolanda Vargas
Reply to  kia

Hahaha that’s what I said

Chel
Chel

They look dirty. You can see the uneven application of color, you can see how UNNATURAL it is. Dark skin, black skin, has a natural glow and vibrancy to it. It literally radiates shine in the light. These swedish fake tan look so dull and ugly quite honestly.

PrincessBea
PrincessBea

Research: AFRO PERM.

HeavnsGirl
HeavnsGirl
Reply to  PrincessBea

Now, see you’re trying to start something! lol

Tonya
Tonya

Who is registered to vote??

Mayborn7
Mayborn7

She’s not listening to you though. She’s just ready to put on her cape.

nubian queen528
nubian queen528

Listen,
after it’s all said and done, that skin under all that spray will still
wrinkle and crack. Imitation is the highest form of flattery and the
lowest form of hateration LOL

Exactly! LOL

David Curry
David Curry

I’ll probably die without ever going to Sweden or meeting a Swede.

Jessie Crishaun
Jessie Crishaun

Even so, do we really need to get upset about this? Aren’t any of you tired of being outraged? It’s so exhausting and takes so much energy. Who cares what white people are doing every minute of the day? Let’s uplift each other and talk about natural hair..

joy karen

white people own most of the world and what they do affects us whether we know about it or not, and whether we like it or not. and it also affects our children and our grandchildren. so yes, we have to be concerned about everything that they are doing at any given moment.

OXxo
OXxo

And is that due to black people from the US, West Indies and sub-Saharan Africa or people from particular nations?

OXxo
OXxo

In Sweden like in other European countries depending on what country you are from is how you get treated.

So as a black American, someone black from the West Indies, someone black from other countries in Europe and from certain African countries e.g. Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya you will be treated fine. However if you are from other countries e.g. Sudan, Somalia you get treated very badly.

The first groups especially if you are from the US you are seen as cool, while the latter groups are associated with being refugees and are accused of using their welfare systems without contributing.

Quezh
Quezh

Best tanning product I’ve ever seen, the Swedes are expert cosmetic and medical chemists…

The best headache remedy I ever had was an Alka-Seltzer like tablet called
Treo, worked so well, and so fast it was almost a pleasure to get a headache

Emmaatan does look like ”my skin color in a bottle”
The Swedes are right, Black IS Beautiful

Yurilyte
Yurilyte

Not mad, but they look stupid because these spray tans are incredibly uneven. The women look burnt and it’s not flattering. If it was done in America I would be pretty angry though since American white women’s appropriation of black features seems to be at an all time high, and it’s not from a place of admiration, just straight up theft and “it looks better on us than you”.

kalexa1
kalexa1

lol

kalexa1
kalexa1

What about the KKK and BNP no-go zones in USA and UK? That’s over two countries! Don’t kid yourself that ‘white privilege’ doesn’t exist. Check history. Check present day events. Östersund occupation doesn’t mean “black privilege”. But you probably can’t see it that way, judging by your question.

ahuk
ahuk

They are just identifying as black, like Rachel Dolezal.

John
John

Everybody wants to be black but don’t nobody want to be black. They want the lips and the ass and the hair and now the skin but they don’t want the discrimination and abuse and stereotypes we face because of it. Frankly these girls can honestly fly into the sun if they want to be dark so badly.

Milos Mom
Milos Mom
Reply to  John

I here you. Being born a woman of color vs. turning yourself into one.

Betty Poo
Betty Poo
Reply to  John

Don’t fool yourself. These women are NOT trying to be BLACK.

Guest
Guest
Reply to  Betty Poo

Lol! That went straight over your head.

Siramad Backwards
Siramad Backwards
Reply to  Betty Poo

That tone they chose said other wise.

Hawky
Hawky

Thank you. Some of the comments here in which people pretend racism and dehumanization of black people only happened in the USA are ridiculous.

ardentgailla
ardentgailla

I don’t even bother to get upset about things like this. “Beauty” is always evolving and we always want and love what we don’t have. People tan or bleach, they dye their hair, perm or relax, curl, draw on, shave off, tattoo, pierce…etc. I believe that in the future, people will be dyeing their skin green and adding sparkly scales (will we be expecting fish to get upset and protest or should they feel honored?). Frankly, we should learn to appreciate what we have and not get too bent out of shape when someone wants to go to such lengths… Read more »

Dee
Dee

So they can make chocolate spray tans but can’t make chocolate foundations for people of color. okay…

B
B

There’s not so much sun here in Sweden, so Swedes consider the sun rays as gold. Having a tan or a tanned body instead of a pale one, which is common in this dark nation, means that you’ve been able to pay for a vacation to a sun soaked place and that is associated with the “good life”. Its the equivalent of a rapper parading his cars in a music video…so this tan spray is one of the many cost effective solutions Swedes are taking up. This has nothing to do with being or looking black.

Reply to  B

It might not have anything ‘to do with being or looking black’ but i can’t help feeling that Europeans in general suffer some inferiority complex because tanning is so common among white people. Why do you feel that pale skin looks unhealthy? It’s the skin you were born in. Instead of Europeans ridiculing people of colour for their darker skin I feel there is so much Whites need to work on in accepting who and what they are.

joy karen

what are you saying here? i do not understand.

joy karen

thank GOD for people who read–for people like you. i hate those comments that feign intelligence but don’t know what in hell they’re talking about. so KUDOS to you for schooling them.

Milos Mom
Milos Mom

Good to see a company dedicated to how gorgeous our complexions are, to the point where they will try to bottle it. We all know that people who spray tan are idiots, but hey… Whatever. I won’t praise it but I won’t put it down either.

Jude
Jude

Silva
Silva

this is wild, what am i even seeing? but tbh i’s buy this for my hyper-pigmentation

Betty Poo
Betty Poo

Dark skinned may be revered by these women, but being BLACK never will. I wonder if this stuff will be as damaging to their health as skin bleaching is to those black women who practice it.

Leo Kayura
Leo Kayura

So nobody here is going to realize that everywhere in the world, white skin, asian or not who tan well turns brown, instead of pink, and that it was they imitate. Slavic south and hungarian can be pretty damn brown even without the sun. The brown color is owned by many ethnicities, and as European, let me tell you as modern Swedes don’t give too fuck about appropriation or whatever stuff english speaking countries are talking about. Also you might want not to call Swedes Westerners, they are Northerners alrights, and god damn pround about it. The majority of them… Read more »

CommonVillage
CommonVillage
Reply to  Leo Kayura

Your delivery is a bit rough for my taste, but I thought something similar when I saw the ads. This isn’t happening in America, so we can’t simply slap American thoughts and judgments on this. It’s just a color in a can IN CONTEXT. I doubt it will be sold here as there are far too many color issues here.

Siramad Backwards
Siramad Backwards
Reply to  Leo Kayura

First, off shut the fuck up. Everybody knows that shade of skin is mostly found in darker skinned black people. And how could come up with that shade if it’s based on someone. It’s very obvious that ” Dark Skin” is a black thing. But to try to play it off like when you think European you think “dark skin.” That’s bullshit. Most of you are known of blue eyes and white skin. Stop lying.

Leo Kayura
Leo Kayura

And European. Keep your stupid preconceptions on how the worlds looks like once you’ve seen it.

maralondon

Well, what about the active right wing groups in Sweden?

cylon
cylon
Reply to  maralondon

Nothing. And “right wing” only in the context of Sweden. They are not more to the right than US Democrats, Swedish mainstream is just so Marxist.

maralondon

I wish my people wouldn’t feel the need to bleach their skin. We have dark skin for a reason and no amount of ridiculing should turn us of ourselves.

JackpotJoy

We created the entire world you stupid white b!tch! And we dont bleach our skin thats popular in Asia not the black continents dummy! Get the f out of here you dumb hOre.

JackpotJoy

This proves my point! That white women are sickly obsessed with us black women, they hate us because they cant be us. And they envy our skin colour. F these 2 faced, cracked lip, mushed mouth b!atches. That sh*t in the bottle they call fake tan still isn’t going to prevent age spots and skin cancers. ??

Ciao!

LMC
LMC
Reply to  JackpotJoy

And your comment proves that hate and racism isn’t just a one-way street. Sad.

I promise you they aren’t tanning because they’re obsessed with black women. Having a tan is associated with a privileged lifestyle (i.e. being able to afford a vacation). For myself, I like to have a bit of a tan because I think I look better with one, not because of a “sick obsession” with black women. It’s as simple as that. Everyone on here is reading way too far into this article and spinning it so that it’s something you can be angry about.

Relax.??

beesh
beesh
Reply to  JackpotJoy

Rude and unnecessary. Your hate speech is not any better than a white person’s against someone black

Stephine Griffith
Stephine Griffith

They tell you dark skin is ugly then turn around and do this.

trackback

[…] revealed by BlackGirlLongHair, when Emmaatan, the Swedish spray tan company run by Emma Patissier Alm, made its way around the […]

trackback

[…] vean la gama de colores de este producto. Haz clik en la imagen para leer más sobre este tema enblack girl long hair un. O vista la página web de la empresa Sueca. Os dejo el […]

Bray Fielding

Careful, don’t blink, someone may get offended.

Cosita
Cosita

LOL I can’t believe people actually paid good money for this $hitty unnatural splotchy looking hot mess. As we say in the US, there’s a sucker born every minute. Maybe it’s every 30 seconds in Sweden LOL I hear white people making fun of pasty white people but this? No

nubian queen528
nubian queen528

She should educate herself, even the blacks who live halfway around the world are victims of racism too!

Alexa?
Alexa?

I find this to be incredibly disrespectful and racist, I think it’s exactly like blackface and needs to be put to an end! It’s disgusting how this is becoming a trend for white women all around the world!

BB
BB
Reply to  Alexa?

Alexa, so you’re saying that you have never altered your appearance before? You have never dyed your hair, or added a weave or extensions? or put on makeup? I have done all of these things. I have even dyed my naturally blonde hair black! and I did not do it to try and pretend I was a black person. Tanning is not a new trend, its been going on for since the early 1900’s. this is a temporary thing, these products are not permanently altering a persons skin. Do you have the same disrespect for people that have plastic surgery?… Read more »

JackpotJoy

Having a tan makes you look healthy brown skin is healthy pale skin is deathly LOL. Goodbye pinky take your ‘fake tan’ buttocks out of here!

Andrea Sperelli
Andrea Sperelli
Reply to  JackpotJoy

it depends, some people look better tanned some other look better pale
anyway too much sun will make your skin age early and this is a medical fact, not an opinion

Elly
Elly
Reply to  JackpotJoy

You do realize you sound racist, and making non factual generalizations. Also when your opinion is opposed all you can say is bye. That is not a response that gives way for intellectual debate. Instead your responses are closed minded.

Reply to  Elly

Oh look another subhuman calling me RAYCISS lol go cry those salt tears biattttchhhh, clearly my OPINION offends you!

Gurl goodbye!

trackback

[…] 7.[Pics] Swedish Women are Doing “Chocolate” Spray Tans to Darken Their Skin. (2016, March 10). Retrieved April 01, 2016, from http://bglh-marketplace.com/2016/03/pics-swedish-women-are-doing-chocolate-spray-tans-to-darken-the… […]

Goodby Kitty
Goodby Kitty

Just stupid. Why white girls are soooo in love with blackness is beyond me. I’m a white guy and I find white women with tans to be LESS attractive than pale girls. Also, women who tan, age their skin which get’s worse over time. So I NEVER would marry a white girl who tans her skin. She will look like an old hag before she is thirty.

Kira
Kira
Reply to  Goodby Kitty

Totally agree! I’m white and I’d much rather embrace my paleness than become orange or brown with these tans.

DANGST
DANGST
Reply to  Goodby Kitty

As a Black woman I actually kind of agree. I dont see anything wrong with the natural pallor of pale people. I dont think it should be worshipped and considered superior to dark skin but it looks natural. And I obviously dont get it but white people seem deathly afraid of being pale?

I have pale white friends who say OH GOD I NEED A TAN and I’m like…why? Tans look really weird yo. Especially extreme ones.

Leo Kayura
Leo Kayura

Sorry I didn’t mean to be rought. Though looking at the other answer I probably was. However considering the stupid answer she gave me, Im not all that sorry.

Leo Kayura
Leo Kayura

Ow damn keybord, I meant, “on how the worlds looks like until you saw it”, can’t tell if ate my words. Sometimes, I read some people in Americas, and it’s like they really think most black people and various shade of brown do not exist in Europe. And NO, most of Swedes are not blue eyes with white skin, come on now, I stereotyped can you get. Im sure in your head, all Irish are red-haired too (though in this case, they sure a lot of them over there). Tssk.

DANGST
DANGST

When you sound exactly like a white man, you are probably wrong

seymourLlama .
seymourLlama .
Reply to  DANGST

when you sound exactly like a racist misandrist, you probably better go back to tumblr

modupe_2
modupe_2

elly i’m with you! i think we should see this as a just one of those surprising thing happening nowadays and not an insult. instead it is opening ways to show that darker skin color is beautiful. i understand culture appropriation but i feel like the generation we are in, culture is gonna fade and everyone is just going to be doing their thing. this is not offensive to me, it is funny.

modupe_2
modupe_2

and stop calling people stupid if you have different views just state them without putting anyone down cause that takes away the validity of your argument.

BB
BB

I have pretty pale skin, but I do tan. It takes me a lot of time in the sun to achieve a color even close to this, and I normally burn first. Every once in a while I want to look tan so I choose to spray tan instead of going tanning because I do not want to have old crinkly skin. As a white woman, when I am tanner, it makes me feel skinnier and more beautiful, But to say that by wanting to look darker, I have an obsession and I am racist by wanting to change my… Read more »

gush
gush
Reply to  BB

Well, black does slim… lol!
Also, if you want to look darker there’s a product called melatonin II.
I think it’s a better option for that.

BB
BB

*after researching a little, MJ had vitiligo I think, which is what caused his skin to start loosing its pigment.so I retract the statement below in regards to that, But that doesn’t change that fact that he continued to alter his appearance with cosmetic and plastic surgeries.

Jessica
Jessica

Ive read through these comments and i keep seeing a lot about “theres nothing wrong with changing your appearance, it doesnt mean im pretending to be something im not.” Or “you should just accept your pale skin.” And while i agree in some ways with both statements i think the fundamental issue here is that whiteness is a privilege and blackness is not. That being born black no matter what hue is often seen and portrayed as way less than beautiful. So much so that some black people start to believe it (no matter how subconcious), going as far as… Read more »

Bobbo
Bobbo
Reply to  Jessica

But it’s not a shame that black women can bleach there way to whiteness ? Maybe this will set off a trend in te black community to darken there skin, which would help those with dark skin appreciate there skin. Not to mention how convenient products like these are for people with scars, pigmentation issues, blotchy skin etc. Micheal Jackson disorder that caused him so much negitive press, he could have looked like his born self with this. Also if being black was so terrible you need to worry about white women wanting to go there. A small minority of… Read more »

Alice Frederick
Alice Frederick

Are we going to ignore that black people go out tanning too? Or that people with melatonin deficiency can greatly benefit from this product? You’re just making this product look bad because a white woman made it, if a black woman made a similar product to make skin whiter you’d have no problem with it I have black friends who would absolutely use this product, people who say its too hard for them to get darker because of their skin.

Bobbo
Bobbo

Where are white women taking black skin then saying black women are doing it right? Are you so effing racist it has ate your brain cells? I don’t know what style you are talking about but the majority of “black styles” I’ve seen complained about aren’t black owned. Yes you can find black national websites claiming they are but if you go to a museum you can see evidence to the contrary that many cultures through out the works did simalar things before they were known to have traveled. If you have to weave baskets all day it’s common sense… Read more »

Bobbo
Bobbo

Are you serious? Have you ever meant a Jew? They are white but there is this thing called a Jew fro. natural to them but if you don’t have a natural one but want one there are products, you can braid, weave, dread any hair. Or you can buy natural wigs sold using the hair of any race.

Patricia Oliveira
Patricia Oliveira

People that think this is a problem and its racist never had ONE FUCKING PROBLEM IN THEIR LIVES and never felt true rascism. I have a natural golden look, Im latina. Should I now feel ofended that somebody wants to look like me? NO.

Sevuz
Sevuz

I don’t see the problem

lecia p
lecia p

My skin tone is not a costume. they think it’s well and fine to tan this dark for a vacation or an event …they would not walk into a job interview, their company meeting or boardrooms or into their family reunion looking like this. it’s a fun past time for them.someone else’s culture and Blackness has become something for them to try on if only temporarily without understanding the insult and the crassness of such a laissez-faire attitude towards making yourself appear to be of a culture that you are not. My blackness is not a trend .it is not… Read more »

Gustavo henriques
Gustavo henriques

The Dravidian of students want to be black, also anyone who has this horrible color veiny equal to white.

Morgan Greene
Morgan Greene

I knew this sh*t was gonna get out of hand. smh

nubian queen528
nubian queen528

DOESN’T MAKE YOU BLACK WOMEN!

eyionn
eyionn

This is extremely creepy.

Philly Jawn
Philly Jawn

Not surprised but they look dumb it looks fake

Chandra
Chandra

I’m curious as to why they would want their skin 7xdarker than their natural skin color? Is this dark onyx color a trend? I can understanding wanting a warmer tone to look healthier but to go from white to dark chocolate what are they doing in their everyday lives that this would be seen as normal? Body building competitions? I would feel like I am in a costume. Its so far away from what their true skin color.

HeavnsGirl
HeavnsGirl

They’re trying it ain’t they?

So when we are called ugly for our natural traits, we know they mad b/c they want to be like us… but with white privilege.

rehs sllew
rehs sllew

Scary! But i guess this is the equivalent to black people who bleach. One thing they cant have is our hair! #blackgirllonghair

yowieman
yowieman

wtf dumb ass women tryin to be black? seesh

dz?
dz?

I was not aware of this new tanning color but I guess its better than the orange they usually get.

Even though I am dark skinned in the winter I miss the bronzey glow I get in the summer months. I’ve gotten a spray tan during vacation to even out skin tone and hide blemishes while in a bathing suit

Elly
Elly

These comments upset me.
No one race owns “color” their are millions of other dark people around the world, case in point Indian people. Why is this being blown out of proportion? I didn’t see white people in an uproar when bleaching creams came out, or when the hot comb became a popular tool in black salons, how about when relaxers became such a highly used product amongst the black community?
If you want to call this cultural appropriation then understand that goes both ways.

Ari samson
Ari samson
Reply to  Elly

I don’t don’t know what’s worse the shock of your pure stupidity or my second-hand embarrassment,
for gods sake this doesn’t go both ways, how can you say that a white women can enforce their (white) beauty standers on a black women to the point that they copy them then take their black beauty standers and complain that the black women is copying them too

NaturallyBrown
NaturallyBrown

Ok…so they think they look better with a darker complexion. Who freaking cares?! Dark skinned people should take it as a compliment and keep it moving. NEXT

Maggie
Maggie

I’m pretty sure some white women just want to look tan, as some black women want long straight hair. Give up the race card already. Too much hate in these comments!