K. Michelle Blasts Black NFL Players For Dissing Dark-Skinned Black Women

Avatar • Jan 17, 2016

After The Shade Room posted a screenshot of Arizona Cardinals players Tony Jefferson and former player Brennan Clay demeaning dark-skinned black women, singer K. Michelle took to her Instagram account to blast the players publicly.

K.‘s response;

See normally I don’t say anything but if you have a platform you speak up. These two African American clown ass football players play for the @azcardinals Their comments towards the dark skin woman in this post was just disgusting. I did research and you 2 little hobbits have a long way to go before you have the right to crack jokes on anybody due to the color of their skin. You both seem to show symptoms and signs of the short dick syndrome. If you didn’t play football believe me NO ONE would be checking for you. You know you can be a lame with money right??? The black woman is the most beautiful most copied human. I find it sad that you are what we have as representation of the black man. I pray my son never grows up to have such a corrupted soul. @espn we are asking for a race trade we no longer need their services. It’s one thing to like what you like. I’m all for dating outside your race if you want, but to down another because of their skin tone? FOH. I’ve dated outside my race and will date whoever loves me, but this was just in poor taste. Really mean spirited.”

I mean, she really went in on them #yikes, but we’re here for black celebrities using their platforms to call out colorism.

Ladies, what are your thoughts?

StraightShooter
StraightShooter

These young men went to the same school as I did. Believe me they deserve all of that and more.

SuperModelOfTheWorld
SuperModelOfTheWorld

wow sad how they get when they get a little noteriety/fame from pushing a ball down a court or throwing a f’ball on a field. I swear, the new black male, def. don’t like.

Ennui
Ennui

Disgusting behavior.

Elle P.
Elle P.

Dear K. Michelle,

Thank you for shutting down these ignorant thugs! Thank you!

Dee
Dee

Nice to see a non dark skin women speak up! Women should speak up for each other. Love it!

The KinkyCoilyOne
The KinkyCoilyOne

Even if it was done for record sales, I must say, THANK YOU K MICHELLE FOR GETTING THE CONVERSATION STARTED. IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED SIS.

Astromyxin .

After perceivedly being torn down, she attempts to do the typical woman thing by saying they have “short dicks”, in an attempt to *tear them down*, to emasculate them(which is clearly the high road, lol). Also, her grammar and spelling could use a little work, making me wonder if her opinion can even be considered valid. If you have an opinion and you can’t articulate it properly, you’re not smart enough for your opinion to matter.

Alex
Alex
Reply to  Astromyxin .

I agree but the point is she got point across. That’s what matters.

Coko
Coko
Reply to  Astromyxin .

You. just sound like a hater and must agree with what they were saying

Reply to  Coko

I’m not a hater, and I don’t agree with what they’re saying. They’re stupid too, that’s why they’re playing football.

Dee
Dee
Reply to  Astromyxin .

Wow so just b/c she doesn’t use completely correct grammar and spelling that means that her voice doesn’t deserve to be heard? Also, you just did the same thing to her that she did to them, and that they did to the woman in the photo.

Reply to  Dee

Basically, yes. Do you care about what stupid people think? I don’t. They don’t have the mental capacity to formulate complex thoughts and assess and decipher multi-faceted issues and form rational conclusions based on what they see. What they have to say should not be trusted.

kaydenpat
kaydenpat
Reply to  Astromyxin .

What a stupid comment you just made. By the way, she is entitled to her opinion and you as a Black man cannot invalidate her opinion. I don’t know why Black men like you think you can silence Black women when they point out how racist Black men are against Black women.

Black women need to stop stepping and fetching for Black men and just leave them alone. Let them go to their White women for help when they are in trouble.

Camille
Camille

I always wonder about the self-image of black men who talk about black women who are THE SAME COLOR AS THEM like that. There is something horribly wrong with how men like that see themselves in relation to their female counterparts. I hope more people start shaming them because they SHOULD be embarrassed.

SuperModelOfTheWorld
SuperModelOfTheWorld
Reply to  Camille

it’s truly said, it’s like when they get in the public eye, all of a sudden they are too good for black women, but yet can wife/rain gifts on/impregnate a stripper/high school drop out/gold digger of any race but black and it’s ok. They are truly pathetic. Big ups to the ones that don’t fall into that coonery and marry/date black women.

anw160
anw160

It’s good to see a woman in the spotlight taking up for her sisters. Colorism is deep rooted within us, and it’s good to see it being addressed in different ways. I will teach my children about racism and colorism and the negative effects it has had on us. Information and knowledge is power.

SuperModelOfTheWorld
SuperModelOfTheWorld
Reply to  anw160

YES! cause as we see, these black men in the spotlight today are only interested in running after Kim K. look-a-likes/wannabes.

FromTokyo
FromTokyo

A broken clock is right twice a day, but let’s not act like K. Michelle has not said problematic things against other black women, herself, including calling them “monkeys.”

That said, I hope this is a turnaround for her and she can continue to support black women.

BlueCornMoon
BlueCornMoon

I’m glad she tore them down. It’s about time. I hate to say this but that anti dark skin nonsense from black men has always been part of our culture. One of my now deceased relatives who would be over 100 years old used to tell us kids about a pretty VERY dark skinned girl in his 1930’s ‑1940’s childhood neighborhood who was ridiculed by the men & boys for being so dark. They wouldn’t date her even tho she was educated & a nice person. Said she wore “unsuitable” colors like yellow & orange which dark people weren’t supposed… Read more »

Dick Richard
Dick Richard
Reply to  BlueCornMoon

Like most of the issues confronting people of color, they come from within.

Astromyxin .

Maybe this time this one will get through…

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but isn’t having long straight hair a “white woman’s” hairstyle? If black women are the most copied humans on the planet, why are they copying white people by having long straight hair? Aren’t they the very same people who ripped into that poor 11 year old girl for having box braids?

SMH.

Kandi Preciado
Kandi Preciado
Reply to  Astromyxin .

Long straight hair is not only a “white” thing there are latinos, Asians and Africans with naturally straight hair. Try again.

Reply to  Kandi Preciado

Okay, that was a pretty obvious sidestep of the point.

Reply to  Kandi Preciado

So, then they’re appropriating latino and asian culture too?

AevaLoves
AevaLoves
Reply to  Astromyxin .

Well.… She says “most copied” because we can straighten our hair with heat… Another race can’t achieve our “Full lips, buttocks or melanin” without injecting or exposing themselves to deadly things…the average look of everyone today is the same… But most “black women are born with those qualities… Only thing is black women do, opt into nose jobs and weaves I will say that .. But that’s nothing compared to what we are born with and is high demand in other races…

DLB
DLB
Reply to  Astromyxin .

Having straight hair is not a white woman thing. There are Blacks who have naturally straight hair, wavy hair, & curly hair; we all come in various complexions of Black as well. All you have to do is look at ancient artifacts to see that our hair comes in various textures/colors & it doesn’t mean that we were mixed with a white person.

CocoaGoddess
CocoaGoddess

Awww, I really don’t care. It’s not like I’m attracted to them. There are plenty of other black guys that are WORTH it. They’re just thugs that can’t even get their name on the damn tv lol. Bye boys, have fun with your light girls, it’s not like the beautiful girl you made fun of wants your ass

Reply to  CocoaGoddess

dark skinned, light skinned brown skinned they are all black and that’s all that matters.,

CocoaGoddess
CocoaGoddess

By light girls I’m referring to white, asian, latina, etc. not lightskin or mixed girls. So, yeah

KenyanBunnie Covet
KenyanBunnie Covet
Reply to  CocoaGoddess

Exactly. These people always make it seem like they are God’s Gift to women.

fromanotherplanet
fromanotherplanet

I am always here for K Michelle’s reads. She is entertaining AF, diaper booty and all LOL

maralondon
maralondon

Stockholm Syndrome alive and kicking and no they are not representatives of real BM.

Esha Fowlin
Esha Fowlin
Reply to  maralondon

it is totally!!!!!! I have been reading about this syndrome and find that MANY of the black people I encounter suffer from it…its kind of sad but now that we are able to spot it maybe we can fix it.…

Milos Mom
Milos Mom

She is on point and this is something that drives me crazy about BM. The kind of woman who gave birth to you is not good enough for you? I can only imagine how the women who share blood with these men feel.

Ronnie
Ronnie

Everytime these football players fart or drool out their concussion-induced, backwoods opinions we all don’t need to be privy to it. Black women’s happiness and well-being does not and should not hinge on these fools’ tired observations of women plucked straight from the Brown Paper Bag Tests of the 1950’s. Some of these football players can barely string a sentence together as evidenced by their tweets. Last, if we believe articles like this, nobody wants dark-skinned black women. Nobody wants black women especially black men with money. Never mind Barack Obama’s wife. Never mind Samuel Jackson’s wife. Nobody wants black… Read more »

Affirmative Action
Affirmative Action
Reply to  Ronnie

I see your point, but the bottom line is these fools are placed on a pedestal inside and outside the black community. They need to be checked for their ignorance.

BlameItOnVanity
BlameItOnVanity

amen! and like the statistics state the bm & non-bw union never last, it’s based off of superficiality & it’s never about love. These “brothas” deserve whatever they got coming when the non-black mate walks with half their fortune. They are truly idiots, i don’t support any of them (men in sports/entertainment that have this mentality).

kaydenpat
kaydenpat
Reply to  Ronnie

So it’s okay for Black men to diss Black women with dark skin then? I’m looking forward to the day when Black women figure Black men out and stop blindly supporting them.

CocoaGoddess
CocoaGoddess
Reply to  Ronnie

Preach

lis
lis
Reply to  Ronnie

But only a small percentage of Black men marry. ..and those numbers include people in their 50s and up.….and 20% of those who do marry, marry non black. …I wonder what’s the % of White professional athletes married to BLACK women.

Queen Mama
Queen Mama

Why tear down people that have a opinion on what they like? She comes off as a bitter black women who can’t speak unless she has to use a curse words to feel like she has a platform. If women had the confidence and prided them self on being QUEENS, then mediocre irrelevant comments shouldn’t bother you. You can’t fight every battle, and quiet frankly she lost the platform. She doesn’t even love what God gave her because she had to alter herself. What people look for in role models are puzzling to me. Women should start priding them self… Read more »

VoiceofReason
VoiceofReason
Reply to  Queen Mama

She basically just said that she had a platform and she is going to use it for those, like the woman in the picture, who cannot respond themselves. It would be irresponsible of her not to use her platform when she sees an injustice and that does not make her bitter. She’s using her platform positively and in defense of her sisters. I’m not sure how or why you concluded that women do not have confidence if they are bothered by comments like those two dummies made. How about if you were referred to in a perjoratively. You know you… Read more »

Reply to  Queen Mama

Amen Queen they might rebuke you but keep whipping them with knowledge and maybe just maybe some will see the light, keep on keeping on and more power to you!

Amen Queen!

Reply to  Queen Mama

Amon Queen they might rebuke you but keep whipping them with knowledge and maybe just maybe some will see the light, keep on keeping on and more power to you!

Reply to  Queen Mama

Queen they might rebuke you but keep feeding them knowledge and maybe just maybe some will see the light, keep on keeping on and more power to you!

Janice Little

To eschew makeup is to take on the manners of a slave girl in many parts of the world. The nobility of ancient, Nubia, Ethiopia, Egypt, Thebes, the Songhai Kingdoms and the Ashanti all wore make up—their slaves and servants did not. Even tribal Africans wear make up, piercings and markings. Even in the west, for a woman to adorn herself is a rite of passage. Make up and adorning the hair is old as time. Its deemed a marker of womanhood in many cultures for females to adorn themselves. Its something all humans have done always. How much a… Read more »

Reply to  Janice Little

ok you are right however I am just one of those men who prefer a women who let her natural beauty radiate. I love to see a beautiful women with beautiful clean skin, natural hair comb back with no makeup on but a little lipstick, and I got one like that, I married her, now that’s just me.

Marray
Marray
Reply to  Queen Mama

Here you go, miss-reading the meaning, We as black women just can’t come together, always finding fault with our sistas So your saying you don’t wear make up, your going on your God given beauty, well so be it. Queen Mama, Let’s not tear each other down, instead let’s build each other up, We as black have gone thru so very much and are still going thru it.…..I’m just saying

Reply to  Queen Mama

Stop looking for a payday from these ball players.” Can’t believe you posted this drivel. You should direct that to white women these are the women who seek and get a “payday” from black ball players. Stop caping for anti-black males. Queens don’t cape— they infer, understand and take command. A Queen doesn’t tolerate hate, she appreciates her worth and those around her. A Queen creates & administers, wisdom, truth and just punishment when its due for the good of her people. That’s real Queendom Nzinga style.

Steven C Scott
Steven C Scott
Reply to  Queen Mama

Sure. you have valid points but your post is tearing her down too, so where does that leave us. I am of the opinion that they should be called out. They have a platform to spread that craziness so they should be called out on it. I do not need my young sons seeing those “role models” talking like that. reminds me of an old reggae singer that had to learn the lesson too, Buju Banton. save Buju B. ok off subject a bit.

Tia
Tia
Reply to  Queen Mama

Why tear down people at all? Those men tore down that woman when she did nothing but be a beautiful dark skinned woman. The men have a right to like whoever they like but they should not tear down the women because they are not attracted to her. We live in a society where it’s easy to tell women to be QUEENS but you forget that black women are constantly torn down.

PinkPretty
PinkPretty
Reply to  Queen Mama

What?!?! #1 it’s NOT about being upset at someone because of what they like, it’s about disrespecting your life source. Meaning, HUMANITY came from a BLACK WOMAN AND MAN so when he talks bad about one he talks bad about all, including himself. It’s a sign of weakness and ignorance. He is brain washed and polluted. Bottom line that nigga don’t love himself because he dissin’ the female version of himself. #2 Bitter?!? Curse words?!? Bitter because she expressed her opinion the same way he did, why aren’t the players bitter as well? 2 curse words and now she slum… Read more »

PinkPretty
PinkPretty

Sarah
Sarah
Reply to  Queen Mama

This goes beyond “preference.” Really though?! This is pure colorism and misogyny at play. “The dark bish can go?” I have preferences too, but I don’t dismiss my black men (or any man) for that matter that don’t fit the bill. Bad enough black men know the history of how darker-skinned people are treated. And I’m sure their own mothers are as dark, if not darker, than the “bish” to whom they were referring. I don’t see how any woman would ever date them.

lis
lis

Shut it.

Esha Fowlin
Esha Fowlin

I love K for this. Sisters need to learn how to stick together. And call her angry all you want, when you study psychology, in particular big names like Freud, you will see that what K Michelle is saying is pretty dead on. “Men” like this feel incompetent (made to feel that way by the society we live in really) and lash out on who they think they can, i.e. defenseless groups who society has told them is is acceptable to attack. So yeah I think K is dead on with her analysis…

cerulean blue 86
cerulean blue 86

lol, basically.

mibtp
mibtp

They have bought into the “white is better” mentality. What a shame. But when one of them is gunned down by the cops, who are the ones protesting? Their dark sisters.

dollarbill4life
dollarbill4life

Those players were foul for saying what they said, but if K.Michelle is so proud to be black, why does she color her hair, wear weaves, put so much pancake on her face? Most black women want to be white, which makes them hypocritical for even raising the colorism issue.

lauryn
lauryn

Trust me, we don’t want to be white. We want to be appreciated for who we are instead of being dogged for it… meanwhile the white women tan themselves, get lip injections, ass implants…

dollarbill4life
dollarbill4life
Reply to  lauryn

No sensible black man is checking for Becky. Notice I said “sensible”? If y’all wanted to be appreciated for who you are, you would not continue trying to physically change who you are. Instead of fake hair and contacts, how about working on the weight issues and eating healthier?

bug918
bug918

so, you’ve met “most” black women, have you? and they confided that to you, did they?

dollarbill4life
dollarbill4life
Reply to  bug918

I live in NYC and my eyes do not lie. Yours might lie to you, but mine never lie to me. The manifestations of self-hate in black women is off the charts.

Sweetlove
Sweetlove

Most black women want to be white ???? False
So you know most black women ? Pretty sure you do not
You don’t even know the reasons on why she wears weaves ‚makeup or color her hair. But you’re quick to judge ?

Black women aren’t the only race who wears weave , make up or color their hair. Smh

FYI : I don’t ever wish to be White .

Reply to  Sweetlove

White women have been copying, condescending and hating us for centuries. White women copy of hair, skin, figures, our musical sound, or slang because the envy our unique feminine essence. Where are all these critics when white women get butt lifts, lip injections, tans, afros, cornrows, wearing beaded hair or trying to sing and talk like black women? A black woman has a right to express her voice be it in dress, hairstyle whether its intellectually, emotionally, politically or emotionally, Get on board or get out of the way. The days of the silent, suffering, sacrificing black sisterhood of unenlightened… Read more »

dollarbill4life
dollarbill4life
Reply to  Sweetlove

Most of y’all wanna look white so bad because society tells you you need to, but the irony is white women hate y’all with a passion. Why would you wanna look like women who hate your guts? I know of no black men who wear colored contacts or someone else’s hair on their head. Why’s that, dear? I know the truth is painful, but it’s important to embrace it.

lis
lis

Black guy, I take it?

trueletterson*vwfone@gmail.com

not true lis and you know it, 90% of black men who get married marry black women and 92% of black women who get married marry black men. if we are wise we would stop spreading negative falsehoods on black people.

lis
lis

It’s govt census statistics.…I’m not making anything up.

Blackness
Blackness

@ dollarbill4life white women colour their hair, wear weaves and put “pancake” on their faces too!
And most black women, most DEFINATELY, do not want to be white. Trust me!

curly 3C long hair
curly 3C long hair

wow racist at it’s finest there ulgy light skin women also

summer breeze
summer breeze

Why criticize any black woman or any woman for that matter.

Affirmative Action
Affirmative Action

What do you expect from a bunch of $40Mil slaves? Many of them come from nothing and would be nothing if they weren’t skilled at chasing the ball for massah..Meanwhile, the becky they falling over to be with out paying to get cheekbones, booty, and lips like mine. They don’t even realize it.. dummies.

summer breeze
summer breeze

Most are dumb.

Affirmative Action
Affirmative Action

It’s a way for the guys to say they could be all those different women at once..

Affirmative Action
Affirmative Action

Many celebs have feuds in social media- that’s also nothing new. This was actually bigger than that. The fact that K posted this indirectly helped Tamar Braxton who was called worse things by Chris Brown by the way.

CocoaGoddess
CocoaGoddess

But she never said that tho

Marray
Marray

Even when she defended us Black women , I see where some are going all out on her hair, weave, facial make-up, Ladies WTF, For: (dollar bill for life) this for you Boo… about Black women wanting to be white, who in the Hell told you that Shiz, what you went around and did a survey, I could continue, but I won’t, Black women we truly need to stick together,

Reply to  Marray

Sadly some women have nothing going on and want to bring everybody else down as a group by bashing. The ones bashing bw are probably the least common denominators and whatever. They falsely believe there’s a benefit to be gained by wrongly bashing all black black women. Don’t be fooled! Most of these females aren’t black women—- some are other races and even sometimes black males posting the venom. Not everyone on the internet is who they present themselves as on message boards. Peace. Its a good day every time a black woman raises her voice for what’s positive.

Da Fk
Da Fk

U stupid…

KenyanBunnie Covet
KenyanBunnie Covet
Reply to  Da Fk

What did I say that makes me stupid.

Astromyxin .

Okay, show me some of these ancient artifacts. Prove to me that you aren’t full of shit.

Astromyxin .

I’m not saying that her opinion is invalid, I’m saying that it’s worthless because she’s too stupid for her opinion to matter. I don’t care what idiots have to say about anything. Neither should you. Fuck all that noise. If too many stupid people with stupid opinions get a stupid platform where their stupid voices can be heard, stupidity will become the new normal and personally, I’m not interested in seeing that happen in my lifetime. Just because you have a platform doesn’t mean you should use it, especially if you’re an idiot like this person is. I guess you’re… Read more »

BeastOfNoNation
BeastOfNoNation
Reply to  Astromyxin .

Tommy Sotomayor can go to hell with his black-hating self. His daughter is going to grow up to have serious issues.

Janice Little

You’re not a black woman at all. You’re just sorry and low why don’t you get going. Why are you even posting here? Not surprising you’d be caping for men who disrespect and hate black women. Yet all you can do is come here and find fault in a lone black woman standing up and putting out a basic truth for two NFL kk’s to deal with. You need a foot up your butt get out of here you rat woman. What a sorry hater you turned out to be. You can’t drag every bw down to your level. Truth… Read more »

Gonza
Gonza
Reply to  Janice Little

Is that so?

How true.

Janice Little

Well if those football players are getting exposed as kkk coons and being called out on their nasty, ignorant, uninformed and self hating opinions. That’s the consequence you pay for voicing such demeaning opinions about a group of people. Those football player are too ugly in my opinion to be shooting their lips off about looks period. Now, that’s my personal opinion. Truth is when you voice thoughtless opinion with the intent of harming others those same people get to voice their opinions. And if you are a public person those same people get to boo them, or boycott them,… Read more »

La Bandita
La Bandita

Of course.

blackgirlblackwoman
blackgirlblackwoman

I don’t quite understand why any black woman (I’m assuming that Queen Mama is black) would have an issue with K Michelle coming to the defense of dark skinned black women after a black man chose to make that black woman a punchline in his offensive and derogatory joke. He literally targeted that black woman in the picture and she was the only black woman in the picture. If anything you should admire the fact that K Michelle spoke out about it because you don’t usually see anyone with a celebrity “platform” in the media who brings attention to the… Read more »

KenyanBunnie Covet
KenyanBunnie Covet

This is the same woman who had been going on (not very well known) radio and blog tours to solely make fun of Tamar Braxton. Calling her a Muppet, saying she didn’t know if she was actually black or white.

So annoying. We are all entitled to our own opinions. If these football players want to dog dark brown women…so what? It’s nothing new. How about she just teach her kids (if she has any) to be respectful towards all races. To know they can be attracted to what ever race, but still continue to respect everyone.

KenyanBunnie Covet
KenyanBunnie Covet

Can someone tell me what the meme is supposed to be about?

Cassie
Cassie

How disturbing. Black men are acting like the KKK nowadays

Tlang
Tlang
Reply to  Cassie

Yes they are assisting in the hatred against their own race and it’s so sad, what’s even more crazy is that Brennan Clay himself is dark-skinned and he said the dark bish can go. My goodness how ignorant he is, would he like being dismissed in that way I thinks not. #selfhatred

Gonza
Gonza

She keeps getting lighter her damn self so being dark must not be all that it’s cracked up to be. I can’t take her defense of dark women seriously under such circumstances. Furthermore, I think you’re truly in touch with your soul when ignorant ass comments about skin color don’t mess with your head so much that you have to get on Instagram about it.

summer breeze
summer breeze

First time posting here. I just had to sign-in.

I totally agree with her calling these “man-children” out. They have no shame.

This is what Brennan Clay posted about his non-bw wife. Catch back is a mother. But, its the bw he dislikes. This came from his tweeter account.

Thanks K
Thanks K

Racism is so deep, it still doesn’t change the fact that she is a black women and bold enough to use her platform to show speak out against it. We all have different experiences, it’s hard being black no matter what shade of it. We can never stick together we always cut each other down. I’m blue black and love it, I will not knock another sister for speaking the truth when it affects all black women,

Denise Rae Groce