20 Stunning Photos of Black Women Rocking Faux Locs

Avatar • May 31, 2015

Faux locs are rising in popularity. The style allows wearers to have the look of traditional locs without committing to the years-long process. Check out some of the styles we’ve seen around the net that have really left us breathless:

Try out a nice bob

locs1

Ombre

locs2

Yarn and Faux Loc hybrid

locs3

Yes, you can even mix colors and textures

locs4

locs5

Try a top bun

frombottom

smilelocs

Get em’ curly

locs6

Updos

locs7

And buns

View this post on Instagram

Patience is better than pride.

A post shared by Jackie Aina (@jackieaina) on

View this post on Instagram

Goddess.

A post shared by Ce (@cecenetwork) on

Rock them in bantu knots

locs9

You can still try the grey hair trend out without dyeing

locs10

Faux Locs don’t always have to be long. This is a cute mid length style

locsredo

Add jewelry to your locs

topview

Play with Color

View this post on Instagram

dat purp #fauxlocs #yarnlocs #yarnwraps #protectivestyles

A post shared by Sam (@slamridd) on

Or keep it simple

Instagram.com/FollowingJas
carlocs

In case you wanted to know how each type of added hair or yarn looks on faux locs:

Although the BGLH staff has really been feeling and enjoying posting about the faux locs trend, tomorrow we’ll hear from a loc’ed natural who has a bit of a different opinion on it. So stay tuned for that.

Have you rocked the faux loc style? Do you plan on trying it out?

EllieLo
EllieLo

Yay!! I love seeing Jackie Aina!!
These are all gorgeous photos. I wish my head had the patience to do styles like faux locs, but alas.…

Guest
Guest

Stunning! Georgous! Magnificent! Wow! Beautiful!

april Guscott
april Guscott

I only like braids, twists and faux locs when the roots are invisible and I think the marley hair version is the best look.

elizabeth31
elizabeth31

My hair is so long at this point, I have stopped doing long term protective styles. I don’t have 4 days to put my hair into something.

VSS
VSS

You just need a couple more people workin on it if it’s that long.

Christina J

I’m thinking about faux locs for the winter. Would Marley or Kanekalon be better for longevity of the style?

Grace
Grace

I thought I would share a cool site for really realistic faux locs. http://www.khinky.com I have been wearing my faux locs for almost a year and growing my natural locs right along with them. The best thing is this is the only place I’ve seen to have faux locs that are truly light weight. My loc extensions are almost down to my butt and it barely weighs 6 ounces! I set up a few good movies one weekend and braided/wrapped the khinky faux locs to the bottom tip of each of my locs. None of my friends believed they were… Read more »

Zaza
Zaza

i love some of these looks. I personally would not ever try faux locs because I don’t like this look on me (I prefer slimmer mini-twists) and the idea of the hair being completely encased is a no-no as I face matting after a month of PS!