15 Photos That Prove Bob Box Braids Are the Hottest New Protective Style Trend

Avatar • May 6, 2015

Box braids have been around for a while and are definitely not going anywhere anytime soon. While the trend has shifted from micros to jumbos to classic poetic justice to all the way down to your butt a la Solange versions, the newest braid trend is definitely the bob.

The shorter style works as a perfect protective style transition for all the #teamtapered naturals, take significantly less time to both install and take down, and is much lighter on your head, which means less potential damage to your hair, scalp and edges. Check out these different ways to slay the bob box braid trend!

Pick a length: chin, shoulders, in between, or layered

Go jumbo or super small

You can still style your braids!

Have fun with different colors!

Don’t forget to accessorize

BONUS TRICK: If your hair is long, just cornrow the back and install the braids crochet style, or only 3/4 of the way down your head.

Bob Box Braids

IG: naturally_candace

Are you a fan of bob box braids? Will you be trying this new trend?

About Klassy Kinks

KlassyKinks.com founder and editor, Ijeoma Eboh, is on a mission to change perceptions of kinky textured hair around the world. You can find her on social media @klassykinks.

Tosan
Tosan

I love it! My hair is almost too long for it but I managed to pull it off!

alex
alex

I’ve been rocking this for the longest time because it suits my heart shaped face 🙂

Love it, but tend to do medium braids not too small or too large, not good on ma edges :/

Limpératrisse Van Silvester
Limpératrisse Van Silvester

Hi guys! What is the type of hair to buy to have this style of braids? Thks
Johanna from Paris

Chari D

Kanekalon is a great option!

Chari D

Great post!!! Loved it. Was super excited to see that I was included! Thanks so much! 🙂

Adía
Adía

I want to try this but not burn then ends

'lawnZoo.
'lawnZoo.

I follow natually_candace on IG, love the way she styles her bob box braids.

mmmdot
mmmdot

natually_candace looks so pretty!

Likewaterforchoc
Likewaterforchoc

Not really a “new” trend, but a “what-was-once-old-becomes-new” trend. When I was in high school the singer Brandy made this style popular and I had these braids when I was in high school. It was pretty popular in the 90’s.

Sean Charese
Sean Charese

First off Candace has HAIRLOSS. I’m so tired of women acting like they have BABY HAIR when their hairline is RECEDING. . She is lying and she doesn’t tell the TRUTH. I’m a Licensed Professional Braider in Nevada and she uses a TOOTHBRUSH to brush her hairline. women wake up and pay attention. . Those HEAVY DOOKIE BRAIDS BREAK YOUR HAIR! I’m on Facebook and you can like my page or just follow me. I’ve been wearing braids 30+ years.. I have my HAIRLINE AND HAIR.. HB‑9 ?Seandee Gayden.. Call me if you ever want to talk to a REAL BRAIDER… Read more »

Robyn Alexander
Robyn Alexander

Omg! This is such a great article! Old school styles coming back cute as ever. I was so excited to see I was part of the article!! Thank you so much!

Akwele
Akwele

Too Cute!!

tresses obsessed
tresses obsessed

Thank you! !! for the long hair tip at the end always wanted to do my hair in short twists and Bob box braids and now I can finally do it. yes sir

trackback

[…] first noticed box braids popping up here and there on Instagram a few months ago, and then I wrote this post for Black Girl Long Hair highlighting some awesome examples of the trend. I saw two other beauties rocking them this past […]

tamika
tamika

I want to try the short box braids but im not sure how many packs of hair I need

trackback

[…] 15 photos that prove bob box braids are the hottest new protective African Bob Braids Size: 579 X 579 | Source: bglh-marketplace.com […]