[Video] A Bully Calls This Natural Cutie ‘Ugly’, Her Response is Priceless

Avatar • Mar 7, 2015

Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 1.04.25 AM

This adorable and intelligent 4‑year-old girl, Siahj Chase was called ugly by a boy at her school and she came through with a flawless clapback!

When asked by her mother, Sonya what she said to the little boy who called her ugly, Siahj retorted:

I said, ‘I didn’t come here to make a fashion statement. I came here to learn — not look pretty.”

Noticing, that Siahj wasn’t going to let him get the best of her, the little boy proceeded to tell her she “looked bad” and that’s when she really went IN:

Did you look in a mirror lately? Bye bye, see you later, you’re making me mad.’ ”

Open season on black girls is over! Kudos to young Siahj for sticking up for herself and not letting anyone devalue her worth.

The Huffington Post interviewed Siahj’s mom, Sonya, about the home video, which went viral. Sonya said that Siahj (or Cici) is “always quick on her feet”.

Cici is a gem. She’s sharp .… very active, talkative. I read lots of the comments that people wrote and I just want to say thanks to everyone that said nice and encouraging things to and about her. I read some of them to Cici and she just smiles and giggles.”

What do you think of her response? Do you teach the little ones in your family how to respond to bullies?

Ms. Vee
Ms. Vee

Some children are just rude little creeps. But her response is classic. On a real tip look at her face…that is the beginning of a beautiful woman. Look at her gorgeous eyes.

marie
marie
Reply to  Ms. Vee

and a smart, witty, hella funny woman too! love her!

April
April

Very smart little girl and she’s so adorable. Her West Indian culture definitely influenced her quick wit, sharpness and confidence. Love her!

Claudette UK
Claudette UK

I’m glad that the little girl was able to speak up for herself and had the confidence to ignore the rude comments and attitude of the other child.

marie
marie

My hero! I’m 18 and I look up to her , she is awesome! I wish I had been that strong and confident as a child! Even as a teen, when someone told me that I would be sad and self-conscious for the rest of the day- but not her #respect

cryssi
cryssi

I’ve watched this so many times, she is priceless

Rydee
Rydee

Too funny! Also, she’s freaking adorable! Good parenting 🙂

Tsytsy
Tsytsy

So admirable !! Go on supergirl ! <3

LBell
LBell

One thing I think the younger generation of parents gets right is that they take bullying far more seriously. I was never taught how to deal with bullies and it really affected my entire childhood. Kudos to this girl and especially to her parents!

Lee Torrey

She is too cute…

Phoxxie
Phoxxie

Shes already beautiful, smart and full of personality! She is already winning. Go girl!

roo08
roo08

SHE IS PRECIOUS AND SO BEAUTIFUL OMG. The face she made before she said ugly broke my heart though. You could tell it hurt her to repeat it. Her mother has raised her well!

cheryl
cheryl

She is more beautiful than she will ever know!!! And brilliant too! Go head little mama!

mwpolitico
mwpolitico

Cici is a smart beautiful little girl, kudos to her parents for instilling such confidence in her, as she grows up unfortunately she will be bombarded with anti-Black views. I’m curious to know if the little boy who said those things is Black? I

Xen Mistress
Xen Mistress

No, we aren’t being overly sensitive. If he’d told a white girl that she was ugly, he’d be on suspension for three days for bullying.

He didn’t have to qualify what feature he found ugly. He told her that she was ugly and that’s enough for her and her mother to be offended.

Gen
Gen
Reply to  Xen Mistress

Does that really happen? I’m not in the US but I work in schools and the directive for children on this kind of behaviour is ‘ignore it’, ‘that is not acceptable’, ‘say sorry’ etc. suspensions and expulsions are almost non existent and would require severe behaviour like hitting another child, fighting or anything physical. Name calling seems to be largely ignored. Sometimes children are told to sort disagreements out between themselves. School is a very different landscape to 15–20 years ago.

Xen Mistress
Xen Mistress
Reply to  Gen

Yes, it really happens. You verbalize something that is not politically correct or is socially unacceptable and it’s called bullying. From there, you’re suspended and/or sent to detention.

AshTea
AshTea

Bahamian kids are usually just sharp like that. Such a cute little girl 🙂

Tabatha
Tabatha

You go girl! When you stand up for yourself it makes little nasty attitude bullies back down. I don’t care what color the little boy is, it’s still mean. I know kids will be kids, but someone needs to sit him down and tell him that there will be a time that someone will bully and tease him, so if he doesn’t like it, then why would he do that to someone else? Hopefully he’ll learn early, so he doesn’t become a bigger bully or tormenter.

MzMabley
MzMabley

Stay winning little mama!

Adía
Adía

I agree that kind of teasing is not really cause for alarm, but her response was very quick witted!

Tesha
Tesha

Kudos Baby Girl!!!!! I love it! and a hearty Congrats to Mom for instilling & supporting that fabulous self-esteem!!

Alan Garrison
Alan Garrison

that boy was stupid! i think she’s adorable! haters gonna hate honey!

Andy Brown
Andy Brown

Well taught! She’s a cute, adorable one who knows when to break out the butch and stand strong in face of a bully! The haterz g’na hate, and she was SWIFT with a comeback!

jazinegrrrl
jazinegrrrl

Of course she didn’t come to school to look pretty. She’s already beautiful looking and very intelligent.

Ladylanita
Ladylanita

Awe, get it girl! 😀 Not only is she adorable, but she has a brain with a sharp tongue to match. My kind of lady!

Nekisha CD Lewis

She’s a STAR. Very proud of her!

BlueCornMoon
BlueCornMoon

Little Cici is absolutely precious & so very confident !. I’m a retired teacher & have seen far too many kids break down & cry over such remarks instead of making a sharp verbal comeback. stays true to form, bullies will leave her alone !I

Mary
Mary

I think we are getting overly sensitive…children tease each other all the time…many times it has nothing to do with race…it is just children being children.…did he qualify the ugly, for example, your hair is ugly or your colour is ugly…what if he told a white girl she was ugly.….

Kat yass
Kat yass

You go princess you are strong and beautiful. well done