by Kelsey (pictured above) of Lifewithcoco2
Natural Hair is so versatile. One of my favorite looks is huge bouncy curls. In the past, (permed hair days) I had to use a curling iron in order to achieve the bouncy curl look and then consequently had to worry about my curls falling. Since going natural, I have discovered the amazingness of flexi rods! Flexi rods can create beautiful bouncy curls that last for days without using any heat. Im going to give you a step by step on how to get soft bouncy curls by using flexi rods and a spray bottle of water. (Depending on your hair length and thickness, I would say you will need 25–30 rollers)
Here is the step by step process:
1. First you want to start out with dry stretched hair. I normally start with an old braid out. Part your hair however you’d like your curls to fall. I normally do my signature side part
2. Next part your hair in four sections so that you can apply the rods section by section. Section off about an inch of hair and spray it with water. Make sure that your hair is just a little damp and not soaking wet. Smooth your hair out using a bristle brush.
3. Take your flexi rod and starting from the end of your hair, roll the rod up until it is at you scalp and then bend the two ends of the rod to secure. Follow these same steps all through out your hair
4. Once you have all of your rods in, you can either sit under a hooded dryer or sleep with the rods in over night.
Note: before taking the rods out, make sure your hair is 100% dry.
5. Take all of the rods out and then begin to separate the curls
6. Shake and fluff the curls to your liking and voila!
This is my go to hair style when I want to jazz it up and doing something different. Its perfect for a wedding or any kind of elegant event because there are so many ways you can style these curls.
What is your favorite go to hairstyle?
About Kelsey: I’m Kelsey Janae aka Lifewithcoco2, I love all things natural hair. I seek to inspire and educate using my knowledge of all things hair, health, and beauty. My goal is to encourage women and men to always be the best version of themselves.