3 YouTubers with REALLY Long 4B/4C Natural Hair and Simple Regimens

Avatar • Jul 15, 2014

bootyfurl

Growing your 4B/4C natural hair to waist length is NO small feat. After all, learning your natural kinks after years of relaxing them takes both time and a shift in the way you think about hair care. However, I do want to acknowledge those who have surpassed waist length because such a milestone further demonstrates that kinky hair can grow really long. Here are three such women on YouTube:

1. Bootyfurl – Tailbone Length| Finger Detangle and Protective Styles

First off is Bootyfurl! She was first featured on BGLH years ago, and I’ve been following her ever since. Having reached waist length and then hip length, she is now in the realm of tailbone length!

HER REGIMEN:
Does not have a strict routine, per say, but is a big advocate of “keeping it simple” and “not doing so much”.
Strictly finger detangle.
Wear small twists or stretched protective styles.
Her staple products include coconut oil and castor oil.
Protects her hair every night.
Moisturizes regularly.

KEY TO HER LENGTH RETENTION:
Finger detangling
Protective styling
Keeping it simple

WHERE YOU CAN FIND HER: Bootyfurl’s Channel

2. JoStylin – Almost Tailbone Length| Blow dry and Braids

Some of you may recognize JoStylin from this earlier post on a related topic. Well since then, she has gone from waist length to almost tailbone length, and this is with blowdrying and big braids!

HER REGIMEN:
Biweekly wash, condition, and seal followed by blow drying and jumbo braids.
Sometimes she will undo the braids and wear a braid out. However, this has become a rare occurrence as her hair has gotten longer.
Finger detangle on damp hair, rather than dry or soaking wet.
Washes in twisted/plaited sections.

KEY TO HER LENGTH RETENTION:
Low manipulation
Keeping her hair stretched (via blow dry and braids/braid outs)
Keeping it simple

WHERE YOU CAN FIND HER: JoStylin’s Channel

3. Naturally High – Hip Length | Blow dry, Finger Detangle, and Buns

I have mentioned Naturally High a couple of times on BGLH because her hair blows my mind considering that we rarely see 4C naturals at a solid waist length. (At the time, I could only think of Sera25 and Aijo/Kemi21 from the Fotki hair album days.) Right now, Naturally High is hip length!

HER REGIMEN:
Finger detangle on dry hair after a coconut oil pre-poo.
Sometimes uses hair extensions (Marley Braid Hair) so that her hair isn’t exposed but further protected.
Shampoos once a month and co-washes in between.
Does hard core protein treatments (Aphogee 2‑Step) to keep her hair strong.
Washes in twisted/plaited sections.
When she does blow dry, it is for stretching her roots; she does not use it much on the ends of her hair.

KEY TO HER LENGTH RETENTION:
Protective styles (usually stretched buns)
Keeping her hair stretched
Leaving the hair alone

WHERE YOU CAN FIND HER: Naturally High’s Channel

Have you checked out these ladies? Do you know of any other super long 4B/4C naturals?

About Chinwe

Healthy hair care tips and more! http://www.healthyhairbody.com

Daa'iyah
Daa'iyah

Don’t forget xoDVF. She and her hair are amazing and her regimen is simple. She is on Instagram too.

df
df
Reply to  Daa'iyah

I’m going to give xoDVF a big “HMMMMMM…”

Queen
Queen
Reply to  Daa'iyah

Except she’s already been exposed as passing off a wig as her own. Thread aptly titled , natural hair : catfish edition http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php?t=670795&page=4 IDK why it wasn’t obvious to me before that thread. SMH the things people will do for attention.

nollyA
nollyA
Reply to  Queen

wowwwww r you serious that’s crazy

nollyA
nollyA
Reply to  Queen

wait i read the article. there is still no proof that she’s lying. why would anybody lie like that about something as simple as hair. now im confused.

anon
anon
Reply to  Queen

Not to be rude, but your link didn’t convince me of anything.

Stace
Stace
Reply to  Queen

OMG! I remember her from when I first started watching videos on youtube about natural hair. I read through the link you provided, and I updated my flash player just so I could go look through her videos for myself. I had forgotten about her. This is ridiculous. You can not see her scalp, she had the same one “part” all the time for the most part (no pun), when she brushed her hair the whole thing moved like a wig. I can’t. I watched the two strand twist video and the flex rod video; I never saw a clean… Read more »

Welp
Welp
Reply to  Queen

I think she very well could be wearing a wig. In that 2 strand twist tutorial when she started brushing her hair all rough and the hair shifted like a wig. Also she put in bantu knots and there was no scalp showing.

cacey
cacey
Reply to  Welp

the way that chile was brushin her hair in that one vid, LAWD! i was thinking there is no *way* this mane is real, because if it was, and she’s been going at it like that the entire time she’s been growing it out, it surely wouldn’t be that long, that full, and that intact and unbutchered! I’m on the side of the fence that says “it’s a fake”, just from this alone. And if this isn’t evidence, then at the very least, her regimen is suspect and i wouldn’t dare copy her methods for oiling or detangling natural hair.

anon
anon
Reply to  cacey

Dense hair, particularly when it’s not separated into small sections wouldn’t really “show scalp.” I dunno, maybe it’s because I actually have hair somewhat similar to hers in length and texture (mine is tailbone length and kinky)… She does brush her hair in a manner that would be far too rough for my hair, but there are a lot of things that other naturals can do with their hair that I just can’t. I don’t know the girl, so I will never be able to feel her scalp to confirm anything. But if she says it’s real, I believe her.… Read more »

Dananana
Dananana
Reply to  cacey

I agreed with you, until I got sucked into that entire LSA thread. Start from page 1, end at 14, and see if you still feel that way after. Girl is a fraud, but I don’t think it’s out of maliciousness or an ulterior motive…seems like something else.

Stace
Stace
Reply to  Welp

right and it the take down video for the flexi rod, the top of her head was never in the frame. How convenient. With all the video’s she has , she doesn’t know how to get her entire head into frame?? There was a picture somewhere of her in a green face mask..maybe on IG.…and she had some weird “baby hair” pulled out from under the wig-hat-weave, while up in a bun. It was a different color and texture from the hair in the bun. Just crazy looking. I can’t believe someone would go to this level to lie. It’s… Read more »

Lulu
Lulu
Reply to  Stace

I can’t believe someone would go to this level to lie. It’s such a same.”

Oh man, there was the MopTopMaven saga. That still sends my head spinning when I think about it.

Stace
Stace
Reply to  Stace

LoL.…Yes! I remember that MopTopMaven business…SMH.…every so often there is one of these people. Unbelievable

Lulu
Lulu
Reply to  Welp

yep and when she sprayed her hair with water and scrunched it up multiple times, it stayed exactly the same.

jenn
jenn
Reply to  Queen

lol xodvf is such a fake.

Daa'iyah
Daa'iyah
Reply to  Queen

Woooooooow! I’ve been hoodwinked! The end of this thread actually revealed that she is not only a hair fraud but an true fraud, criminally! Seems to have pled guilty to it and everything under her real name.
If this all is true, I truly pity her and pray that she finds the strength to just be herself!

Amma Mama
Reply to  Daa'iyah

I believe that is her hair. She reminds me of Laila aka FusionsofCulture and Jess aka MahoganyCurls.

Deedeemaha
Deedeemaha

I preferred and enjoyed the Naturally High video over Bootyfurl. IMO NAturally a High really showed finger delangle 4 b/c in all it glory. The snags. Webbing etc. I really appreciate that being a 4 b/c myself. The understand the points made in Bootyfurl video, however, the demo of picking up a IMO single strand of pre-detangled hair to show how it’s done just was a turn off for me. I like raw footage. It make go yeah that’s right. Now I’m paying more attention to closely watch yo see how she gets through it. Now I have something to compare… Read more »

LovelyTee
LovelyTee

Wow I didn’t know any of them will check them all out

Pop
Pop

Omg look at the length my hair will never reach because of it breaking off every time I touch it!And especially since school is right around the corner I’ll have to manipulate it cause those people don’t like my afro they say I look unkept,my edges are going away due to me giving in and pulling it back in one -.-

Trish
Trish
Reply to  Pop

Your comment really struck me. Try extremely hard to get a style that does not appear unkempt but don’t let others make you loose your edges. Don’t let the opinions of others make you loose your hair. If necessary tell them you have a medical condition of loosing hair if you don’t comb it a certain way. I know it sounds extreme but so is traction alopecia.

imatraveldiva
imatraveldiva

it can be done! i just have to keep telling myself that lol never thought i wanted waist length hair til i saw these ladies. beautiful!

thelady
thelady

thanks I’ll check out their youtube channels

lala
lala

because of bootyfurl, she has helped me stop combing my hair and mostly finger detangle and in a few months of doing so i can actually see the hair i am retaining! its a great way to stop unnecessary breakage and pulling from using a comb and helps u get out tangles easier without ripping your scalp (which i used to do)

rosie
rosie

in the uk, the water is much harder than in a lot of other countries and can do more damage than good despite it being a key ingredient for hair growth… so its very encouraging to see these women with long hair despite this set back.

Tracy
Tracy

Yesss I love these ladies! I’m 5 years natural and I finally hit bra strap length after many setbacks of coloring, cutting too much during trims etc… It’s motivation for a 4a/b/c head like myself.

...
...

I don’t have 4c hair, but I am subscribed to all these ladies. There regimens are simple and have helped me a lot in my hair journey. Their hair is beautiful and amazing.

Anon87
Anon87

As a 4c haired natural, I’m curious as to why i’ve not seen many 4c’s with long hair? Is it shrinkage? Maybe because our hair is more fragile, therefore longer hair is more difficult to retain for many 4c’s? I’ve noticed it with children who have not relaxed their hair and I also thought back to my own childhood: no “long” 4c’s. Is long hair (say BSL) for 4c’s an anomaly?

To clarify, I am NOT implying something is wrong with our hair! Curious for other thoughts…

Queen
Queen
Reply to  Anon87

Sorry, thumbed down by accident. I think you answered your own question, the kinkier the more fragile and more difficult to retain moisture which is why most type 4s do well with low manipulation or protective styles.

nollyA
nollyA
Reply to  Anon87

i am 4c and i hit bra strap length in 2 years. the reason why some 4c girls dont tend to grow their hair long fast is because they dont retain the length they grow and also shrinkage can make hair look shorter than it really is, even when you stretch it.

Vikki
Vikki
Reply to  Anon87

What I have also noticed is that many 4c girls can’t deal with what they feel is a “hassle” in growing their hair and go back to relaxers or texlaxing.

Sandi
Sandi
Reply to  Anon87

4c hair needs a lot of care because its more fragile and some women dont want to spend that much time doing their hair. Some don’t know how to avoid the breakage that comes with rough handling or how to moisturize effectively because no one shows or tells them how. I also know a lot of 4c women who cut their hair short regularly because of their frustration with it.

Jc
Jc
Reply to  Anon87

Anon 87, There are a lot of long 4c naturals, they just don’t hang out on youtube. I have a continuing series to showcase these people — http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/search/label/4c%20Hair%20Case%20Studies

From my own experience as someone with 4c hair, the idea that longer hair gets easier to manage is not true unless you choose to wash and go.…..in that event shrinkage takes over and your hair appears 3–4 inches long but it really is waist length — see Mwedzi in the linked series, a real example of how you can have so much hair but it does not always look like you do.

Anon87
Anon87
Reply to  Jc

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

mimi
mimi

Beautiful people with beautiful hair!!

NubianPrize
NubianPrize

I can recall the same scenario from childhood. Very few type 4b/c kids had hair even shoulder length. That hair is very fragile , plus if you don’t care for it properly it won’t retain length, & let’s be honest, some folks may not want to deal with all that kinky hair & will either cut it or relax it. Hairdressers may charge extra for a lot of hair, kinky or not. My hair is 4a/b & due to mom’s care it grew down my back & they always wanted to cut it short & I always refused. One used… Read more »

JenniD
JenniD
Reply to  NubianPrize

While I do believe that genetics plays a small role there is another issue that far surpasses it. Mechanical breakage! I never see this discussed in depth on any natural hair blog or web site. I believe it to be the reason many 4b/c aren’t able to maintain their length. At some point your hair is breaking off as soon as you grow it and you have got to figure out what your breakage point is. Its about changing some habits, even if they are deemed “good” by the natural hair community. There are so many areas where your hair… Read more »

zimzam
zimzam
Reply to  JenniD

Porosity, I’ve come to realise plays a huge role. If you’ve low porosity hair as I do, then your hair is even more fragile because it is difficult to retain or even gain moisture. Add that to the 4c challenge.

mimi
mimi
Reply to  zimzam

No problem, problem use heat to deep condition. I use a heat cap when I do mine

linda
linda
Reply to  zimzam

Sorry but I have to disagree here, low po hair retains moisture very well. The challenge for low po hair is to lift the cuticles to get the moisture in. Once you succeed in doing so and seal the moisture in, you don’t have to worry about adding moisture again on a daily. This is the reason why low po hair needs heat for an optimum deep conditioning. Also low po hair doesn’t need heavy protein treatment because it is already strong and protein treatments done every week or every two weeks will only create build up. In my opinion… Read more »

zimzam
zimzam
Reply to  linda

Thank you Linda.

mlank64
mlank64
Reply to  linda

i totally agree.…and that has been my experience as a low po natural. My hair loves mud washes and vegable glycerine. When i add heat.…dc for an hour my hair is butter.

Queen
Queen
Reply to  linda

You are quite knowledgable, how would you categorize hair that takes a while for water to soak in yet prone to moisture overload? Any suggestion to get my porosity or ph balanced? Thank you .

LBell
LBell
Reply to  JenniD

EXACTLY!! Been saying this for years… One of the reasons people often give for using old-school grease was “well, we used it back in the day and our hair grew down our backs.” I always wonder who these people are because I grew up with old-school grease (Ultra Sheen, if you want to know) and barely had any hair prior to high school. It wasn’t the lack of grease that was the problem…it was the fine-toothed comb! Truthfully, given my fragile strands, no amount of grease would have helped me retain length as a kid. So now I’m the proud aunt of… Read more »

jeanette
jeanette

I have 4c hair and did a big chop April 2012. My hair has grown about 3 inches in 2 years. I have very slow growth. What can i do? I sleep with a sating scarf on, spritz my hair in the morning with a water glycerin mix and use castor and coconut oil.

Twinkle
Twinkle
Reply to  jeanette

Use a conditioner before you use oil,also make sure you deep condition and protein treatment and don’t forget to trim it!

EverReady
EverReady
Reply to  jeanette

Hey Jeanette! I’m no hair expert and I’m sure other girls on the blog have grown more hair than I have in my 1.5 years 100% natural, 2 month transition from practically shaved hair in the back and a short cut on the top before cutting off all of my relaxer (9 inches overall growth but cut 2 inches in March.. I’m at 7 inches now) but just to clarify, you believe your hair has only GROWN 3 inches in two years ‑OR- you’ve only been able to RETAIN three inches in 2 years? I think the first thing to… Read more »

hyspin
hyspin
Reply to  EverReady

Or maybe she is just a slow grower. Why is it that we discuss that there is nothing you can speed up hair growth. But when someone admits to slow growth we give them advice on how to speed up hair growth which cannot be done beyond genetics? I know for certain that I am slow grower because I bleached my hair is small part and measure the roots that grew in a full year later (not the ends or the full length bit just the root line) which means nothing I do neither my normal thyroid, healthy diet, more… Read more »

Yolanda
Yolanda
Reply to  hyspin

You CAN actually speed up hair growth, with caffeine and root stimulants. It worked for me.

Dananana
Dananana
Reply to  jeanette

Slow growers normally get at least 3–4 in/year…less than that, and you might have a medical issue that needs checking up on, like an underactive thyroid. Your problem may be more with length retention than slow growth. How are you styling and detangling your hair? Mechanical breakage tends to happen most often during styling and detangling. Because your hair is on the kinkier side, you may consider solely finger detangling in sections(my main method!), or if that doesn’t work for you, lightly finger detangling, then following up with a seamless wide toothed comb. Be sure to distinguish shed hairs from… Read more »

Ms. Prince
Ms. Prince
Reply to  jeanette

Do you have dry hair? Most of us that are 4c do have dry hair. Try using products that is geared towards dry/damage hair (A good tip for me was, use products that are for natural hair.) they are made with added moisture. Currently, I am using Aunt Jackie’s “oh so clean” shampoo and condition. I wash, condition and deep condition my hair once a week. I also co-wash once week with Giovanni “deep moisture” conditioner as well as “hair reconstructor”. This has been working perfect for me and I have been seeing a tremendous difference in my hair. Hope… Read more »

lv
lv

It was rare to see children with 4abc hair with long hair. i was lucky enough growing up to have professionals who knew how to care for my hair and did so until i became a stupid teen and took over the task myself. even at that point, my hair withstood the ravages of the teen years and the subsequent 30 years of relaxing. i feel blessed to have withstood all the damage of chemical processes to now have a head full of thick 4a- some b/c hair. i will definitely take the care of it that i should now.… Read more »

jane
jane

also check out Dephne Madyara on youtube

Shanice
Shanice

Random post but.…

I miss the hair features and style features on here. I loved getting the insight on how other naturals are managing through their journeys. It really did help to hear from an everyday natural like myself.

What happened to those? Was that done away with or no?

Love
Love
Reply to  Shanice

The girl that did them doesn’t work for bglh anymore 🙁

nubiahbella
nubiahbella
Reply to  Love

There are other talented interviewers who will be happy to fill for her tho!
why not recruit someone else , the person might bring some fresh ideas as well?

Mandy
Mandy

Do any of these women have fine strands that starts meshing if you just say the word protective styling? After being stuck at BSL for over a year, I would say strand thickness is even more important than curl type…

can'tGETaMAN
can'tGETaMAN

Ok so I’m trying these things and I can’t get the webbing to stop when I de-tangle with my fingers. I end up losing lots of hair. But t hen again I am 43. I try to de-tangle but it’s tough. I sometimes still see breakage at the ends. I really do love these girls hair. I wish I could grow mine out sooner, but it’s a difficult process for me. I“m impatient but would like to know how long it took them to grow this beautiful hair out? It looks fabulous. Wondering also what length they started at?

Dananana
Dananana
Reply to  can'tGETaMAN

Lady, I’m going to be honest with you: if you have kinky-coily hair that’s “type 4”, and you’re not using combs on a regular basis, the webbing and tangling doesn’t stop. But that’s ok! It’s what our hair does. Focus on removing the big knots and any SSK that is creating knots, then leave it alone. Check the hair you’re losing for white bulbs. If there aren’t many, try being gentler or consider a different detangling method (if you’re doing it wet, try damp or dry, and vice versa). Our hair doesn’t do “perfectly detangled” without a lot of manipulation… Read more »

can'tGETaMAN
can'tGETaMAN

[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/kimmy‑1.jpg[/img]
^^^^^^^ This is how I feel about my OWN hair growth!

Tracienatural
Tracienatural
Reply to  can'tGETaMAN

If you don’t mind me asking, why did you name yourself “can’tGETaMAN?” You stated that your 43 and having issues with your hair. I’m the same age. I just wanted to encourage you on your journey–hair journey and life journey. I’m sure you are very lovely and, hopefully, in time you’ll change your screen name to something that is empowering and reflects your unique beauty. Be blessed, sis.

Princess
Princess

I love these girls,and love that they are Brits too. We’ve got seriously hard water here but are showing what can be achieved with simple regimens. I love that all of them are proof that less is more. Leila of Fusion of Cultures is also great. The lesson from all of them is condition, moisturise, protective style and finger detangle, I get less meshing and it’s faster if I do this on damp and lightly oil coated hair. I went heat free over a year and a half ago when I took a job in Sri Lanka. I’ve kept my… Read more »

Twinkle
Twinkle

Yeah I sure do..me I’m almost waist length lol.I don’t watch youtube videos though

claudene
claudene

So inspired. Love the post.

RainingInGeorgia
RainingInGeorgia

Ugh. I’m starting to notice a trend when it comes to finger detangling. That is why I have stunted growth. Maybe I will have to stop being lazy and just bite the bullet.

If I am able to retain more length in the next few months, then I will finally know the root of my problem.

Katharine
Katharine

Do you shampoo your hair a lot? That might be the problem too. My hair grew sooo much faster once I switched to co-washing.

Katrina
Katrina

Oh, RainingInGeorgia I am soo with you! Finger detangling is the ONLY thing I haven’t stuck to more than a day. I gotta try it for more than a week.

Caray
Caray

I just want my APL 4a/4b hair to reach BSL, I dont want waist or butt length. I can’t imagine the detangling and sleeping with all that hair.

naps#1
naps#1

Hmmmm, protective style is KEY.…I notice wash n gos for these 4C YouTubers do not exist…naturals better pay attention

Tisha
Tisha

Hat’s off to them! Truly, for finger detangling. Because I’m 4c, have an incredible amount of hair on my head (TMI warning but if i cornrow it, it will start to stink in 2 days! That dense!) I can live with that it takes HOURS!! to finger detangle ’cause Everything takes forever when your 4c & past armpit length so your used to it. No the problem is it make’s it thicker! Combs even a wide tooth one stretch the hair out but just your fingers it expands ]} Expands!! You wash it but it’s still thicker NOT from unshed… Read more »

Najwa
Najwa

I recently just started finger detangling because I’m 3c to 4b (the back being 3c) the only part that’s grown to apl is the back. I’m struggling to retain length in other areas but hopefully by this time next year most of my hair will be bsl… ‚if can stay away from my best friends heat and comb lol.

me
me

My question is, what were their regimens when they were shoulder length to get them to tail boNE length. I think if my hair was that long it would be easier to just throw it into some nice braids or a nice full bun and leave it alone. When you’re shoulder length (or shorter) those styles don’t look right. I don’t want to know their regimen NOW. I want to know what regimen got them to where they are.

Camille
Camille

Itd be helpful to know how long it took them to grow hair this long. I personally dont want quite this much hair but itd be good to have a ballpark figure. Im also curious whether they trim or just search and destroy. Ive been two to three trims a year and feel like my hair has barely grown in the past four years so im taking a year long break from cutting to see if I finally make noticeable progress.

Red&Natural
Red&Natural

Doesn’t Cipriana and her sister have waist length 4c hair? I was just wondering because I thought that was all their hair but no one has ever seen it untwisted, so who can say.

Katharine
Katharine
Reply to  Red&Natural

Cipriana takes down and styles her hair on their UrbanBushBabes youtube channel. And her sister’s hair is never twisted. She, like me, is a braid-out girl.

elle
elle

I think it’s great that these ladies are reaching their hair goals. But, I’ve got to admit that I’m disappointed to see that no one on the group is rocking their natural curl. With all of the blow drying (even on low, I wonder if their natural curl still exists. No shade to them or anyone who chooses to wear their natural hair this way. These are all great if length is your only goal. I’m just let down not to see anyone highlighted that honors the beauty of the health of their natural texture/curl.

Dananana
Dananana
Reply to  elle

The only youtuber on this list that seems to regularly incorporate blowdrying is JoStylin…I don’t really watch Bootyfurl, but I’m subscribed to Naturally High, and she does’t use heat/blowdryers on a regular basis.

Wearing one’s natural curl pattern is all fine and good, but once you get past a certain length with kinky hair, it’s kind of a hassle to wear your hair unstretched frequently, not to mention that it could impact length retention (depending on your hair).

Katharine
Katharine
Reply to  Dananana

I totally agree with you, Dana. a) Wash n’ gos are not worth the detangling time when you’re in the type 4 range and b) Wearing your hair stretched means less tangling, which means less DEtangling and less breakage, which means more length retention, and ultimately, much longer hair.

You’d probably notice most naturals with long hair wear a lot of stretched styles.

Kaila
Kaila
Reply to  elle

4c hair thrives when stretched. If we wore it in a wash and go it would get matted, tangled and knotted quickly. That’s why most long hair naturals live in protective styles. In Bootyfurl’s case she stretched with curlformers but you can also stretch with threading like Daphne Madyara on YouTube.

Balsa
Balsa
Reply to  elle

At that length i highly doubt rocking their natural curl is good for their hair. Natural curls cause tonnes of knots and tangles and can you imagine finger detangling their natural curl pattern at that length? I doubt john cena’s muscles could withstand that. And i think it would lead to breakage. So yeah. You can try when you get to that length. Or request it from them.

Revelry
Revelry

Bootfurl’s texture is amazing :O I love watching the routines of long haired 4b/4b girls. Having 3–4 textures on one head is no joke! I get my best tips and tricks from them, much appreciation for these ladies <3

Revelry
Revelry
Reply to  Revelry

4b/4c*

Mae
Mae

I really do love to see the versatility and beauty of 4b/4c shown fully. Many people people see this texture as the “hard to deal with texture” and least attractive, but it all comes down to understanding the texture and learning to appreciate and love it. http://roguetresses.wordpress.com/2014/08/02/accepting-your-hair-texture/

Bilah
Bilah

Good for them! Truly beautiful hair they all have. My hair is natural and short and doesn’t grow much at all despite my attempts in the last four years. These ladies have truly been blessed. Wonderful inspirations to us all.

Naj
Naj
Reply to  Bilah

I have been natural for 8 years and the hair is still very short…I use to be natural for seven years then relaxed for two and went back to naturals…even my scalp is always itching…not sure what to do 🙁

Jenelle
Jenelle
Reply to  Naj

You should look into the maximum hydration method

Your Noona's Unnie
Reply to  Bilah

What’s your diet like? Hair is basically dead protein. What you put in is what you get out. So healthier, more natural diet can help with hair growth.

Claudette
Claudette

I’ve been natural for years. I think all these bloggers and vloggers are doing wonderful things, inspiring more girls to love their hair. I love to see when we enjoy our hair in its natural texure. I’m tired of pressing and blowdrying my hair. I love the thickness and springiness of the coil. I have 4c hair and Naptural85 is my hair crush.

Cece
Cece

Nice! Don’t forget about LeobodyC5. She is another youtuber that has super long, beautiful natural hair as well!

Kezbokz
Kezbokz

don’t forger Kinkyatyles1980. she made it to Waist length!!!

levi
levi
Reply to  Kezbokz

yes, her journey is amazing. she’s my inspiration 🙂

Michonne
Michonne

Sorry but Bootyfurl’s head looks full of shed hair and really, really dry.

Ladylanita
Ladylanita

After some lazy sessions, I recently jumped back on the bandwagon of twisting my hair up at night. Hopefully I’ll have less SSK’s in 2015

Deb G
Deb G

I have learned so much from these and other vloggers. I definitely have 4B/4C hair and am learning how to care for it properly. I still get very rude and negative comments about my hair from others. However, I do not care and have hopes of having very healthy and long hair. I love this website as well.

Sweet Cheecks
Sweet Cheecks
Reply to  Deb G

Deb, you can’t let those people discourage you. The entire process you, did for YOU! It’s your journey. Your hair will come back healthier than ever. When they see you a year from now they will be???? your hair is so beautiful. It’s grown so much. Then in your head say yup , but u were hating on it in the beginning. That’s always the best way to quiet the haters. Do u!????????

Deb G
Deb G
Reply to  Sweet Cheecks

Thanks Sweet Cheecks for the support. ????

Sweet Cheecks
Sweet Cheecks
Reply to  Deb G

Thought of you when I received this email. Happy Shopping

Deb G
Deb G
Reply to  Sweet Cheecks

Thanks. You probably recognized that I was a undercover PJ! lol

Sweet Cheecks
Sweet Cheecks
Reply to  Deb G

Deb, how r u? I just tried to log onto the Castor Oil Week 8 . Did you notice the website is changing people’s pictures into aliens pictures? It’s also asking if you are human. I just want to be sure before I post anything. I know her site has been hacked before . Be cautious.

Deb G
Deb G
Reply to  Sweet Cheecks

Hi, I am doing well. I noticed that the website changed as well. I have posted for Week 8 but you cannot post photos. I will take your advice and be carful

Emmeaki
Emmeaki
Reply to  Deb G

20 years ago I went natural before it was popular and my cousin called
me nappy-headed behind my back, but a few years later when I had a head
full of long curls, she ran her fingers through my hair and said, “I
wish my hair was curly like yours!” The sh*t talkers will be jealous one day!

Deb G
Deb G
Reply to  Emmeaki

Lol, You are right about it! ????

trackback

[…] 3 YouTubers with REALLY Long 4B/4C Natural Hair and Simple … – Jul 03, 2014  · Video embedded  · Natural Hair Care; Beauty + Style; About Us; … 104 Comments on “3 YouTubers with REALLY Long 4B/4C Natural Hair and Simple … […]

KB20
KB20

I also think NappyFu is real 4C and she is super honest in her videos and struggles. Her hair so much like mine that I have learned a lot from her