Blue Ivy’s Hair Sparks Absurd Change.org Petition + Nicole Ari Parker Talks Going Natural on ‘Wendy’ + Lupita Nyong’o’s Rocking Beach Body and Hair

Avatar • Jun 12, 2014

Jay-z-Beyonce-and-Blue-Ivy-New-York-City

After being spotted in New York, with her parents, an utterly ridiculous Change.org petition was launched to “comb Blue Ivy’s hair,” by someone, whom we suspect did not have anything better to do.

Petition   Comb her hair   Change.org

At the time of posting, a little over 1200 signatures had been collected. Since when does the state of a child’s hair become a national concern, deserving of this kind of negative attention? According to the Change.org site, their platform is used to help make “governments and companies more responsive and accountable”. Where Jay‑Z and Beyonce fall in between these categories, we’re not exactly sure. However, there is a set of guidelines listed, which explicitly states Change.org is “not a platform for bullying or harassment.”

We’ll be watching to see how long this completely ridiculous petition remains live on the site. However, in the future, we think it’s best, such platforms should be used to tackle more important issues.

Nicole Ari Parker recently stopped by the Wendy Williams show rocking a gorgeous set of twists styled by Khamit Kinks. She was there to promote her new show, Murder in the First and dished about her transition to natural hair.

Guess who was soaking up the sun in Maui?

article-2651007-1E898FB500000578-7_634x560
article-2651007-1E8987A300000578-961_634x875

article-2651007-1E898E5F00000578-93_634x804

Our favorite Hollywood it-girl, Lupita N’yongo hit the beach on the beautiful Maui island. N’yongo was in town to attend the Maui Film Festival where she accepted the Rainmaker Award which honors a film artist for “having the magical ability to impact the creative dynamics of every project they touch.” Congrats Lupita, girl!

What do you think of the Change.org petition? Do we love Nicole and Lupita’s Looks?

mlank64
mlank64

That white two piece bathing suit makes her look absolutely flawless against her beautiful rich dark brown skin.

Deb
Deb
Reply to  mlank64

I’m now 100% sold on this woman’s impeccable sense of style. I can’t imagine she has a stylist that picks out her bathing suits for personal vacations so I’m imagining this is all her.

I mean seriously, the addition of the waist bead to her beautifully feminine swimsuit (i’ve never seen anything like it, who makes it?!) is just absolutely BRILLIANT. So beautiful.

Jo
Jo

Lupita is wearing waist beads! 😀

shameia
shameia

Im not gonna lie, I don’t know whats going on with Blue’s hair in that picture, but that doesn’t give people the right to bully a todler. Oneday soon, she’s going to be able to read, and shes going to see all this crap that grown women are spreading about her on the internet. Then when she becomes another victim to internet bullying, and starts feeling suicidal, then people are gonna feel bad. smh

ja
ja
Reply to  shameia

But the point is that it does not appear that her hair is being cared for. It lacks moisture, even if you want to let it do whatever, which is a fine attitude.

Brittany
Brittany
Reply to  ja

Ja, You cannot know the state of moisture in someones hair unless you touch it yourself. I doubt you have the ability to do as such to the child of such socialites as Jay‑Z and his wife Beyonce’. Her hair looks like a three-day twist out that probably was on the verge of being dampened and twisted up again. You can spray any amount of pricey oils you want on any Type‑4 texture. The way it looks will stay the same. I am ready for the weak idea that her hair is not “moisturized” to stop. Hair can be perfectly healthy and… Read more »

Reply to  Brittany

Thank you, Brittany. I’m one of those with “dull” hair, no matter the moisture level. My hair also does not lay nor does my twist out stay looking like a twist out for more than a few hours. That’s just my hair. I’ve learned about it and I still rock it. Other people may have a problem with it, but that’s their issue and not mine. The same holds true of these uninformed people commenting on hairs’ moisture level and care based on a picture. *side eye*

merry
merry
Reply to  ja

U don’t know what her hair’s condition is. U can’t always tell based on looking at it, esp when it comes to dryness.

So sick of people even having an opinion about a baby’s hair.

Please grow up black people.

Trisha
Trisha
Reply to  ja

A baby should be free to exist, learn, explore, grow, and just BE without worrying about their hair.

Anyone that criticizes a toddler’s appearance is really in a low and dark place. This whole scenario is VERY unfortunate.

juanicole617
juanicole617

Lupita looks AMAZING!!!! She really has it going On! Love Nicole’s hair! Almost reminds me of the new Planters nuts commercial with the lady working with to white male coworkers making a decision about the volume on their project. The lady looks beautiful and is in a professional environment. Love it! Now…about Blue Ivy…it is definitely absurd for someone to put out a petition for this. It does look like she just work up from a nap and slept on one side..my 2 year old was looking similar this morning but they really need to let this go. My daughter’s… Read more »

Really?
Really?

Kanye started the petition. Lol
But seriously. A grown woman used her valuable time to kick start a petition that frankly does not affect any of us. There are a plethora of national issues to address but she chose a child’s hair.

April
April

The petition is inappropriate and very disrespectful. The ring leader behind it should be sued, and also be given English lessons, because the petition was poorly written. “Sean Carter and Beyonce has failed at numerous attempts of…” What in the world? The correct conjugation is “have” and it should be “attempts at,” you low-life.

Really?
Really?
Reply to  April

I accidentally thumbed you down, but that error in the petition bugged the bejesus out of me! She had the nerve to draft a petition without proofreading.

April
April

In other news, Lupita is a hottie! Even skin all over? Damn!

Jasmina
Jasmina

Ridiculous!

Audrey
Audrey

Lupita is just too gorgeous. Her skin complexion is so lovely. Her bathing suit and the accesories go together perfectly!

Nisa.G
Nisa.G

A petition to comb a child’s hair? Are people for real? Yes her hair is a disaster but a fucking petition? Is this what people are worried about these days? Smh.

shaw
shaw

I am always defending Beyonce and Jay Z’s right to let their daughter’s hair be natural. But as a a woman with locs I don’t think a child of her age should have free form locs growing. I’m all for an afro and even some twists but before she locs her hair I believe she should have a say so when she is a teenager. Now if they are not trying to loc then they need to run a comb through that hair immediately. As far as Nicole and Lupita, I love both the hair and the swimsuit. Both of… Read more »

Really?
Really?
Reply to  shaw

I like your perspective about locs. I sometimes wonder how kids feel when they’re given locs early on. It kind of looks like the baby has a simple case of bed hair in this picture.

BriA
BriA

It looks like Blue’s hair was in some style maybe for a week and it just started to look like that honestly — that isn’t matted hair.…matted hair looks like a dog’s matted hair.….her hair looks like my hair after a weekish of a twist-out and not doing anything to it

making waves
making waves

Wow! Nicole Ari Parker looks beautiful. Loviing Lupita’s bathing suit.

As for little Blue, yeah the petition is absurd. However, her hair does look like it needs to be combed and is starting to look neglected. Not saying it should look perfect but some hair lotion and a detangle would help.

I don’t understand why it always looks matted.I’m sure she probably has/had houusekeepers and nannies. Someone could comb her hair if Beyonce doesn’t have the time. She finds time to do her own hair,why not her baby’s?

Katren Moss
Katren Moss
Reply to  making waves

The petition is ridiculous-Yes; but is it true? YES!…but really people why is this child hair not combed??? children will be children true enough and how they end up by the end of the day is another matter but lets at least attempt to do something. If Beyonce wants locs, twists or any other natural style-go for it; however this is not the case, this is a case of a child hair not being combed and they are out in public (omg!) and with Parents that can afford a comb and a brush…that’s the sad thing about it. In defense… Read more »

dandilyonz4u
dandilyonz4u
Reply to  making waves

Thank you. She is walking around with her hair looking like that so I don’t see why she should have the baby’s hair looking like that constantly. With all the information out about how to care for black hair, she can do better with her daughters hair. Black women always take pride in making sure that their daughter’s hair is cared for so she shouldn’t be any exception

Robin Jones
Robin Jones

Blue Ivy is beautiful, so are her parents. Jealous people never have anything nice to say. She is with her father, didnt anyone admire that? “Get yo, life”

Paula
Paula

Love the way Nicole handled Wendy!!! Lupita is that chick. I hope her career in Hollywood is a long fruitful one. It’s ashamed how our own are the main ones who give us a complex about the way we look. Picking on a toddler is a low blow. No wonder our little black girls are struggling with self-esteem and body issues. Get it together black women, if for nothing else but the sake of our young girls.

Dee
Dee

Listen I have three daughters and I could have just done their hair, and it it looks amazing then, they take a nap or play anything and it will look like they had their hairstyles in for a week. So who knows but I know I’m not gonna talk trash about a baby. It’s just too ignorant.

Toni

Grown people need to shut it when it comes to other kids’ hair. I could see if Blue was filthy or something, but a TODDLER with rubbed out hair? Is nobody familiar with what toddlers do to themselves? They roll, rub, fling, jump and all other manners of activities which contribute to hairs’ loss in moisture. I am sure that Beyonce and Jayz are very aware of what their daughters’ hair looks like and have decided to let her be a baby. This is near and dear, as my mother would be constantly harassed about why she didn’t “do something”… Read more »

pinkypie15
pinkypie15

Can we all just report this petition? I think if people saw celebs and their kids or just regular people w/ natural hair more often this wouldn’t be such a huge discussion.

dandilyonz4u
dandilyonz4u

Beyonce needs to comb the child’s hair or hire a stylist to do it. Its not right for a petition to be called up about it but she needs to comb the child’s hair. having out in that manner all the time I’m sure can be good for it.

Finn
Finn
Reply to  dandilyonz4u

The girl obviously has her edges intact, It’s growing (and growing in thick), there are no bald spots , so obviously her hair isn’t THAT neglected. It looks like either somebody was in the process of starting or taking down some plaits/twists and didn’t have time to finish up before they went out. I don’t understand the obsession we have with hair, or how people are able to blow over the fact she’s two, and if there were people taking pictures of you every single day (including in your home if they can get a shot). I’m sure there would… Read more »

Christine
Christine

I am no fan of Bey nor Jay‑Z but i love little Blue. She is a baby for Pete’s sake!!! What is wrong with people? Every time i come on this site and see these pictures of this little girl it saddens my heart. Her parents have more money than most of us only dream of having, they can afford to do what they want to their child!! So what if they, like most parents i know, refuse to cover the child’s head when she goes to sleep, isn’t that what your head looks like when it is uncovered and… Read more »

Sabi
Sabi

The obsession and entitlement Black women seem to have when it comes to Beyonce and her life is just disturbing. I doubt that woman gives a single hot f*ck what any of you think she should be doing. The only time you ever see Blue generally is when she is getting off a plane with them. Blue’s hair usually looks perfectly fine if she is taking pictures of her backstage, out to eat, or out to play (where it will get messy) Funny how no one complains about Naptural85’s daughters hair looking unruly. I guess Blue’s hair is just too ‘nappy’… Read more »

Creedy
Creedy
Reply to  Sabi

I disagree with the treatment of Beyonce and Blue Ivy but I must say that the Pitts caught hell over Zahara’s hair.

wow
wow

i’m torn. yes, the kid’s hair needs to be combed, and if blue ivy was adopted by a white person this would undeniably be how most of us feel

…but the petition is inappropriate. we are setting the girl up to be ashamed of herself in the future. just keep negative thoughts to ourselves.

we rag on bey for wearing blond wigs 24/7, but i wonder if she wore her hair natural if she’d get the blue ivy treatment…if she’d have the same amount of supporters & fame.

anon
anon
Reply to  wow

I meant to thumbs this down 🙁 Her hair looks like a twist out that is reverting a bit on the top. Her hair looks like it has been combed, but not “slicked, smoothed, and snatched” to oblivion as some people believe kinky natural hair need be. It’s ironic that commenters to this blog (which I THINK is supposed to promote a paradigm of self-acceptance and controverting racialized beauty norms?) feel so emboldened to insult a 2‑year old/ her parents about her lightly manipulated afro hair. I would love to know what this Afro-American, kinky-haired girl’s hair SHOULD look like.… Read more »

Fix it Jesus!!
Fix it Jesus!!
Reply to  anon

I’m saying. We stay focused on the wrong things. This reminds of being back in grade school and watching the kids with the freshest shoes/clothes (lowest/underachieving grades not too far behind) making fun of the smarter kids for not vein as “fresh” or not wearing the nicest stuff. We’ll praise a toddler/kid/teen/adult dressed to the nines, or who can dance but will rag on this little one and her parents because her hair isn’t done in this one picture. Nevermind the fact the kid is clean, well-fed, well-traveled, and is always with her parents (and seems to be adored by… Read more »

Veronica
Veronica
Reply to  wow

We don’t know the circumstances surrounding the picture. This couple has a crazy- busy schedule and Blue Ivy might have just woken up and they didn’t have time to do much to her hair. Beyonce usually has the child sporting a curly Afro or a few plaits, I’ve never seen Blue Ivy’s hair look like this before. My kids’ hair is natural and there have been days where their hair looks great and other times where it just looks like whatever because of schedule, illness, etc. I’ve seen non-Black children with their hair looking styled and neat one day, then… Read more »

Nina
Nina

It’s sad that women instead of uplifting one another are intent on dragging each other down. Not to say uplifting comments don’t happen, this site is proof that it does. However, it is really a sight to see how low one will go. As for the other two ladies, Parker looks beautiful and congrats on her show. Lupita, my girl! She looks amazing and she’s a true inspiration. And that other woman.. Well she’s going to regret her decision.

idavoyder
idavoyder

Goodbye!

Deb
Deb

Honestly, I just see Blue as a black neo-hippie child. I guess because they are not known rastafarians or live an alt lifestyle and are very mainstream celebrities, people are surprised that their child’s hair and style would be so free and very casual. I feel like this just shows that they Jay and B are a very casual and chill couple behind the scenes and actually makes me like them a bit better. They could easily hire the best stylist to do Blue Ivy’s hair so their being busy would have noting to do with it. Anyway, just my take.… Read more »

juanicole617
juanicole617
Reply to  Deb

Interesting perspective. I like the idea that Bey and Jay are free-spirited…????

Jojo Satoes
Jojo Satoes

The funniest thing is someone posted the picture of the petition’s creator on twitter last night. She has a perm with no edges. Someone said perhaps if she didn’t have her edges slicked at 2 yrs old, she may still have some. It was comical. Just tryin to inject some laughter into this nonesense.

gigi
gigi

This is RIDICULOUS! A petition!?! There are so many disturbing things happening in this world, within our communities! In our own backyards! And you choose to write a petition on how someone chooses to care for their child’s hair??!!!! This says a lot. Have you every just styled your hair or your child’s hair then took a nap almost immediately after, without a scarf or silk pillow? How did the hair end up looking? Have you ever just taken down some week/s old braids, twist or just any old style? How did it look? How about you took a nap right… Read more »

bee
bee

kindof just looks like a twist out to me..maybe im blind? idunno

Tuesday
Tuesday

Honestly, this is how my hair looks after a week old twist out and I fall asleep. I’m sure the hair is moisturized. Leave her alone.

Tuesday
Tuesday

Without a scarf *

Queenie
Queenie

The petition: out of line. It is rude to assume that they never comb her hair due to a few pictures, those pics in which are random straight off the jet paparazzi photos. This is not the image they (her parents) are presenting to the world, so it is unfair to judge them based off those images. If paparazzi caught me right now, taking the trash out…let’s just say, they would assume I didn’t comb my hair or wash my a$$ too…

Miss Mo
Miss Mo

People just need to find other things to do and get a DAMN life. Sheesh.….

Tabatha
Tabatha

Aww that’s not nice! Let’s start one that says, Mind you own F***ing business. Good God Lupita is just Gosh Dang gorgeous! The living end right now. To quote Rachel Zoe, “I die”. Good for her for going natural. She looks amazing. Absolutely amazing.

cacey
cacey

i maintain that i think blue ivy’s hair looks fine, as it usually does. i don’t think they’re loc’ing her hair freeform, but if they are, more power to ’em. i see nothing wrong with that. as others mentioned, her hair is most likely in between styling and it looks like a twistout that is probably “old” (which, i must remind all you brand new folks around here means 2 days or even as few as 1, since we’re talking about a two year old. she’s not a grown woman, for saint peter’s sake.), hence the spikiness. i think these… Read more »

cacey
cacey
Reply to  cacey

correction: “never stopped OBEYING the laws…”

anon
anon
Reply to  cacey

This comment is so spot-on.

katherine
katherine
Reply to  cacey

I don’t even like Beyonce like that but I do like that she does not inflict her own styling habits on her child, especially since she is so young. I’m glad they don’t send that child around with a hair stylist next to her like her mom. I actually really respect that she can let her child be seen with an ‘old’ twistout. Hey, I wouldn’t be mad if she ditched the twist in favor of a picked out fro. The point is, whatev. Here’s an article that I love about the way we see our hair.

Reply to  cacey

Thank you. It’s amazing how common sense, sprinkled with a soupcon of education, results in such an informed post.

lv
lv

I think the petition and comments are disrespectful, hurtful and untrue. Little Blue is a beautiful little girl with beautiful hair—Haters all of them!

Jacky
Jacky

Nice article, i love Lupita’s beach body and Nicole Ari Parker, that’s her real hair…WOW( Speechless ). As for blue Ivy, i feel like people should stop taunting her and her hair, just leave her alone. I’m proud of Beyonce for keeping her baby’s hair natural despite the haters. Is it bad if she wants to cultivate self love in her daughter from an early stage? and so what if she makes mistakes, at least she’s trying. No one’s natural hair journey was perfect at the very beginning and neither is Blue Ivy’s. There’s a lot of criticism of Beyonce… Read more »

Jovonne
Jovonne

Lupita’s body is banging!!

monica
monica

It’s sad that the real issue is that it embarrasses black women to see this child’s hair what they consider unruly. I think it’s free. Whatever. I love this article, one of the best pieces that I have read about how many of us view black hair. http://www.thebrewonline.com/bad-hair

Miss T
Miss T

All I know is, every since the elevator Solange is my hero!

imani
imani
Reply to  Miss T

Lol!

imani
imani

A petition??I think Blues hair often APPEARS a little unkept. Regardless of having just got off a plane,during a playdate, etc.it could be more purposefully styled. i noticed the state of Blues hair from jump street& i shrugged it off. She’s not my blood.if she were I’d say someyhing.id say something bc as blood& a female relative, I feel Id have a right. BK doesn’t really style her hair.shes more about it being loose & “free”.i dont recall ever seeing Blues hair in a ponytail(s), braids, twists…its just loose. imo, she often looks like she just got up from a… Read more »

Toni

Oh goodness. There’s a response petition on change.org now. I agree with the sentiment, but I do not think that I should take up space and attention that could be turned onto other, more pressing, social concerns. I will post the link if you’re interested in reading what she has to say about Ms. Tolliver.

Redseouls
Redseouls

Lupita better werk!!!!

Rosie

Nicole Ari Parker looks amazing!!!!!

Commonsense
Commonsense

I cannot believe there are 1200 idiots who have nothing better to do than to actually sign a petition about a child’s hair!!!!! Was the gun control petition all signed up for????? OMG!

Reply to  Commonsense

Oh, I heard last night that it was nearing 3000. So, it’s likely more than 3000 idiots.

clicklang
clicklang
Reply to  Toni

And you’re idiot 3001.

Reply to  clicklang

@clicklang. Why? Is it because I can count or because I refuse to sign something so asinine? Do tell.

wonderfulbish
wonderfulbish

I’ve never been more ashamed of black people for this. Just to put one of your own ( A TWO YEAR OLD) out there like a joke, like that? That’s truly messed up. So many haters of Beyonce, and they can’t stand that she has it all. HUSBAND, Baby, wealth. Most black women don’t have men who even want to stay with them, so Beyonce has been a target for a long time. Most black men ain’t shizz, so we all know how that goes. Most of you black women raise your children poorly and that’s why your men are… Read more »

juanicole617
juanicole617
Reply to  wonderfulbish

Please don’t generalize Black men and women like that. You apparently know nothing about what you speak of. There are a lot of educated Black women on this forum and what you said was very offensive. So again, please stop with the generalization. Thank you.

lis
lis
Reply to  wonderfulbish

Well I agreed with your first three sentences.…. most of the rest made you sound stupid and stupid.…..

k twist
k twist
Reply to  wonderfulbish

And who said a black person started the petition?.….I’ll wait.

Petty
Petty
Reply to  k twist

@k twist A Black person did start the petition. A black woman with a big forehead and frightening eyebrows.

Marie
Marie
Reply to  Petty

Lol ‘frightening eyebrows’
Perhaps a petition should be started for her 😉

Truth
Truth
Reply to  wonderfulbish

But i cant say i dissagree, a lot of black men and women ARE poorly raised due to an unending cycle of events. You know the whole, get preggers by some guy, have a couple of children, the guy leaves you, ur financially struggling, u have to get a job (ill go with the stereotype and say McDonalds) but not just one job a couple probs, moving from one job to another, and then ur children have trouble reading because u cant read with them at home, then theres the neighborhood and house u bought or rented, and the school… Read more »

Truth
Truth
Reply to  Truth

This was for the first comment opps!

Mary
Mary

This is so idiotic. What an abuse of change.org as a platform. Way to tell the world that the only thing black women care about is hair. Comparing bed head to child abuse…? Riiiiiiight. I tried to find a way to report the pages, but to no avail. What is also disturbing is that the people signing the petition are mainly people who have no idea what kinky hair looks like and how kinky hair behaves. All they know are weaves, ultra-loose curls and the uniform afro. Although, who is to blame when many black people don’t even know that? Props to… Read more »

Petty
Petty
Reply to  Mary

How is this showing the world that black women only care about hair? One is not representative of all. Gosh, I’ll be so glad when this monolithic mind set finally dies!

Mary
Mary
Reply to  Petty

This is not my “monolithic mind set”. When a negative case of a black person, or any person from a heavily stereotyped group of people, is brought into the public eye, that case is generally extended and applied to every person in that group. If random stories like this pop up on one’s news feed, I doubt most people would conduct any further research into the matter or the people involved. They will note that it is another thing about black hair and move on to the next item on their news feed, most likely. I agree with you, though! Personally,… Read more »

Truth teller

So now adults are bullying babies… What a passive aggressive way to challenge the actual parents, because they remind you of how hard work and perseverance looks like. Not to mention, they seem happy and are quite successful. So, how do you take them down a peg…strike out at their child. Make her a national joke, with no regard to her feelings later. You know, we would hate for a single adult to treat our child as if they are less than. So why would multiple adults think it would be a great idea to target a child on such… Read more »

Taylor
Taylor
Reply to  Truth teller

I think it’s truly a shame that there is such a strong sentiment among black people to “tame” kinky hair. Why is it not okay for a CHILD to rock what grows out of her head naturally? Lord knows she’ll soon be introduced to a world that will tell her (both directly and indirectly) that a natural part of who she is will not be “acceptable” or beautiful. We cannot expect people to be more accepting of kinky hair if we refuse to accept it ourselves.

Truth teller
Reply to  Taylor

Well said Tina.

Truth teller
Reply to  Truth teller

I meant Taylor!

courtney
courtney
Reply to  Taylor

Thank you. It is more than likely the reason why she will have some.

Cre8ive

The MAIN thing is Lupita in that white bikini, chile! All else, irrelevant. Period.

jos
jos
Reply to  Cre8ive

Ditto to that indeed! She is just STUNNING in that suit!!

WildFlower
WildFlower

I wish someone would have said something about my babies hair (NOT), I would’ve given them the riot act. My babies hair was always moisturized but it looked a bit crazy all the time, even when I tried putting it in sections and twists. Now don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t used to my natural hair, so I wasn’t used to my babies either, but I did make it work to the best of my ability. She was always into something and doing something, so her hair was crazy all the time. No one EVER complained about her hair, and… Read more »

DP
DP

Cyber bullying has gotten to the point where adults are bullying a child who cannot even defend herself. It is absolutely pathetic. I would love to see people find a better way to spend their time than talking about a babies’ hair.

Carla
Carla

Goodness. Nicole Ari Parker and Lupita look beautiful 🙂 I love them both because they seem to radiate so much positivity and beauty on the inside/out. Speaking of positivity, that change.org petition is anything but positive and should be removed from their website. Goodness please leave that baby alone. There are more things in the world to worry about than Blue Ivy’s hair, smh. She will be fine regardless!

Revelry
Revelry

It’s really sad but not surprising/shocking that enough idiots got together to start this petition. If the kid wants to run around with bed head (which I do myself and I’m 20) let her be. The strands on her head are worth more than any of the opinions of those with enough time to find fault, hate, or any negativity aimed at a Child. Everyone’s a billy badass if you give then anonymity and a keyboard. People feel like because they have insight to a celebrity’s life that they have a say in what goes on and that is so… Read more »

La Toya
La Toya

I don’t agree with the petition but looking at that picture I’m like she could have combed that lil girl’s hair. Look at her hair her hair looks nuts and yall know that. I am natural too but we all are supposed to keep our hair looking nice and neat no matter what texture and that doesn’t look good at all. If this pic was out 10 years ago before everyone went “natural” we would would have had a fit. but bc she’s black and we are a part of a so called natural hair community it’s ok to look… Read more »

Whitney
Whitney
Reply to  La Toya

Amen to that!

michelle
michelle

I’m late to this but it looks like the family just woke up. Blue’s hair looks like it is in an old twist out and they all just woke up. If cameras were shoved in your face all the time when you were a little kid, I’m sure there would be some ‘bad hair day’ pics. I’m sure if cameras were shoved in my face now as an adult at impromptu times there would be some ‘bad hair day’ pics. lol

Melissa
Melissa

Nicole and Lupita look so pretty. Lupita’s body is making wish I went to yoga consistently. I won’t comment on the petition.

Chandra

Wow Nicole looks gorgeous with her hair like that. This twists are just beautiful! Lupita’s body is perfect, what a cute bathing suit. As for that petition.. I can’t believe people are wasting this much time worrying about this child’s head. I don’t favor her hair here, but if they don’t have a problem with it, just let it go? I mean as much as people attack them about this baby’s hair if she cared she would have done something different by now. Probably giving all of the naysayers something to REALLY talk about with this one.

B
B

While I do think Beyonce could do more for Blue’s hair, moisturising and detangling for example, I think the petition has really made black americans look so so bad.
I am embarrassed on their behalf and don’t know how something like this could be undone or taken back or fixed. It just needs to die down. It should never have happened and now maistream media picked up on it. It’s just like the time Gabby was making history and some black people had nothing better to say than “her hair looks bad”.

Madison
Madison

I’m going to be honest and say I don’t like Blue Ivy’s hair looking unkempt like that and it looks like that every time I’ve seen a picture of the child. That may not be PC but it’s just my opinion. Also, it’s more my opinion of how Beyonce is choosing to handle her daughter’s hair. I’m not condemning a two-year- ld. It’s fair to have an opinion on Beyonce; she’s a public figure and I’m stating an opinion about a choice Beyonce made — not about the little girl as a person or a child. However, I think signing… Read more »

Mary
Mary
Reply to  Madison

it looks like that every time I’ve seen a picture of the child”

Is every picture you’ve seen a paparazzi shot? You know they are paid to take the worst pictures at the worst times, right?

Petty
Petty
Reply to  Madison

Blue’s hair is not unkempt! It’s just not lyed, dyed and laid to the side. Funny, every other race can leave their children’s hair alone and let it be free. But the minute blacks do, then other blacks move in for the kill like blood thirsty sharks. It’s also funny when you think Angelina Jolie got a lot of flack for actually styling her black daughter’s hair. Swear, I’m really starting to believe that many many many black women are just bitter bitter bitter about everything. Note, I said many, not all. And certainly far more than are necessary.

Whitney
Whitney
Reply to  Petty

Other racial groups dont even have to do much with their hair just brush it and wash it (obviously). They could wake up with messy hair and strands flying everywhere and could literally just pat their hair down or something. But our hair especially the girls with shorter natural hair, we have to do much more to take care of it. I mean look at it! Its looks dry and crazy. Unkept. It looks like how my sisters hair is when she hasnt done it for days or when she doesnt even feel like doing it for days. Js

Reply to  Whitney

Tell your sister that I envy her hair. Blue’s hair looks like mine on day 2 of a fresh (washed and deep conditioned, mind you) twist out.

Whitney
Whitney
Reply to  Madison

Amen to that! Preach

Whitney
Whitney

Tbh though, they should really have that childs hair looking better than that. No offense, but i get so annoyed and irritated when i see a black child’s hair looking all ratchet. Like if your going to do a afro or something, than do it nice. Goodness grief, its disturbing! Although i think the petition was a waste of space but i see where shes coming from

Whitney
Whitney
Reply to  Whitney

Oh and i think the petition is unneccesary and a melodramatic approach

Reply to  Whitney

Hadn’t those people just gotten back from a ridiculously long flight? Honestly, if Blue had straight hair it wouldn’t even be an issue. I see little caucasian and hispanic kids walking around with lop sided ponytails, flyaways, scrubbed out dos, etc. People just brush it off as “he/she must have taken a nap”. If a child with super curly hair rolls in with bed head, the response varies. If they are non black, they will be looked at as cute no matter how wild the hair. If it is a black child, a female in particular, then there’s more than… Read more »

London
London

Her hair is a mess. The reason why they are going in so much on this poor little girl is because her mother is suppose to be the queen of keeping up with her own hair by wear weaves, pieces, and lace fronts. How can you allow your child to walk around looking like that. You have all the money in the world to pay someone to so it for you. She has no excuses for her child always looking so lack luster. Now teasing the child was disgusting, and starting a petition was childish and just mean hearted. I… Read more »

imani
imani
Reply to  London

I don’t get why ppl can’t be objective& admit her hair looks a mess. Bey walks around looking snatched.yet you walk off a plane without taking a few to touch up Blues hair? My point is if I take time to look presentable, My child will look presentable too. If Bey had walked off the plane with that head, would we be giving her a pass with excuses like” they’re busy& always traveling..she probably just got up from a nap”? Really would we? When my niece takes a nap, my sis puts a satin bonnet on her head…and before she walks… Read more »

Reply to  imani

I don’t think that you have to be sorry at all. That’s your point of view. I just happen to objectively disagree with it based on the needs of a toddler’s hair.

imani
imani
Reply to  Toni

What are a toddler child’s hair needs?

Reply to  imani

Gentle cleansing, moisture (which cannot be determined by sight)and minimal styling.

Dana
Dana
Reply to  imani

They clearly look like they just got off of a long flight, as others have mentioned. And they most likely went from the plane/airport, into a car, to their home. So why is it so important that they take the time to “do” her hair, if they’re on the way home anyway? So that when people see the paparazzi’s candid photos they can approve of her hair? Who cares? I could see if they were on their way to a birthday party or some kind of event, but if I had a child, and we got off a long flight… Read more »

trackback

[…] her father Jay‑Z rocking crown and donning a cute little bun. Despite, the drama surrounding that utterly ridiculous petition about the hair of a 2‑year-old, the Carters are doing just fine. Lets make a promise to keep the […]

Regina

Beyonce and Jay Z are multi billionaires, I think they have enough money to take care of their own child’s hair. Besides, it’s not that it’s unkempt , it’s natural!! 🙂

adicadabra
adicadabra

People are really that upset about this child’s hair? Ridiculous. It doesn’t even look unkempt. It’s simply natural. Why do people care so much about her hair? It’s not yours. It’s not your business. That petition needs to be taken down. It’s an absolute farce.