So, I have developed a “chunky twists” obsession that began a couple months ago. If you know me, you know I usually live in twists, but they are typically small or medium and rarely ever chunky. Now, back to a couple months ago; I don’t know how, but the chunky twist bug bit me, so I went searching for some style inspiration online. There were so many gorgeous and creative looks that I thought I’d share some of my favorites with you all:
1. Top Knot Bun with a Twist
1. Secure your hair to the top of your head with a ponytail holder.
2. Twist the ends of your ponytail into chunky twists.
3. Pull the hair forward and tuck them under to the front.
4. Secure your hair with pins.
5. Add gel to the edges and brush lightly.
2. Chunky Flat Twist Updo with Side Pompadour
This model is Toni from Mynaturalsistas, and she never ceases to amaze me with her beautiful styles. Check out the Mynaturalsistas channel she shares with her sisters.
3. Side Flat Twists into Side Braid
We first featured this look in our natural hairstyles section, and I just had to include it again with these additional angles. The model is Nik from LHDC-TV.
4. Pin-Curled Chunky Twists
This chunky twist style looks so elegant on AfricanExport. I love the vintage, Old Hollywood Glam vibe. How cute is this look!?!
5. Chunky Flat Twist Updo with Side Part and Flower
This updo is just so gorgeous and is probably one of my favorites. You can find details for Natasha’s style on Lovelyyoublog.com.
6. Loose Flat Twist Updo
KinkyCurlyBeauty is rocking a fierce chunky twist style here. There are numerous style tutorials on her KinkyCurlyBeauty channel.
7. Chunky Twist French Roll with Curls
Do you recognize this beautiful face wearing this beautiful do? It belongs to style icon, Natasha, who was featured on BGLH last year.
8. Flat Twist Updo into Pompadour
This gorgeous flat twist undo belongs to Brianna, whom you can find on Instagram @fiercelynatural. It is so classy and timeless!
9. Chunky Flat Twists with Marley Braid Hair
Denise is wearing this simple yet beautiful style with Marley braid hair added for fullness. Check out her tutorial on how to blend hair extensions to flat twists for a realistic look.
10. Simple Flat Twist Chignon
Isn’t this chunky flat twist chignon just adorable? They were styled by and on KP of NaturalUrbanista.
Ladies, which of these styles would you wear? Do you have any additional chunky twist styles you’d like to share?