15 Quick and Easy Styles for Small and Mini Twists

Avatar • Dec 1, 2013

koku

By Chinwe of Hair and Health

Even though mini twists are probably one of the more versatile natural hairstyles, it is easy to get stuck in styling rut.  If you happen to be one of those who is stuck, check out these tutorials for inspiration:

1. Four Styles for Short to Medium-Length Twists

In the above video, Koku Gonza demonstrates four simple mini twist styles ranging from cute to chic.  These styles can be recreated on short to medium-length twists.

2. Three and a Half Styles for Medium-Length to Long Twists

Honestly Erica (who is hilarious, by the way) shows you how to create three and a half (yes, 3.5) different looks on medium-length to long mini twists.

3. Two Updos for Shorter Twists

If you are more interested in updos, check out these classy versions by Kim.  They can be recreated on short twists or modified for longer twists.

4. Two Party Styles for Longer Mini Twists

Now, I cannot talk about mini twist styles without mentioning Naptural85 – one of the mini twist queens.  In the above video, she demonstrates how to create two formal looks on pre-curled mini twists.

5. Curly Protective Style for Shorter Mini Twists

In the above tutorial, ProtectivePrincess shows you how she creates a beautiful protective updo on pre-curled mini twists.  Though the style was done on shorter twists, it can be modified for medium-length or longer twists.

6. Three Protective Styles for Medium-Length to Long Mini Twists

When it comes to styling, PrettyDimples is very creative.  In this video, she demonstrates how to do three gorgeous updos on medium-length to long mini twists.

Ladies, will you try any of these styles on your twists?

About Chinwe

Healthy hair care tips and more! http://www.healthyhairbody.com

America's Cup

I concur with all of the concepts you may have shown to your post. They’re seriously persuasive and might certainly work. Continue to, a posts are far too rapid for novices. Could you please increase them a little bit via next occasion? Many thanks for this posting.

Mani
Mani

Love mini twists. I’m only very very lazy this year. I’m grazing at the waist and that would take me at least a week to install them.
Oh yeah. Kinkycurlyqueen is awesome with styles and mini twist!!! ( also waist length, I believe)

Dananana
Dananana

Video #1 is great! I had been having issues finding styles now that my twists are past the short stage but not quite to the long stage. Thanks, Chinwe 😀

Patricia moreira
Patricia moreira

como eu gostaria que aqui no Brasil tivesse uns produtos bons como eeses que vocês mostram nos videos é muito dificil manter os nossos cabelos black por aqui pois os produtos acabem alisandos

yayababee

Yo entiendo completamente. Debe hablar con la gente aqui: https://www.facebook.com/afashiond.annissh?hc_location=stream ellas tambien viven alli en Brazil pero tiene pelo natural. Tienen blogs y videos y mas, no se de donde compran sus productos. Debe preguntarles. Ojala que eso este util!
Un abrazo 🙂

Patricia moreira
Patricia moreira
Reply to  yayababee

thank you walked into face book them right now you helped me a lot! because it is very complicated mater the natural hair here in Brazil. Look I can not speak for engles had to ask SOS to the SR GOOGLE translator kkk

Redd Ravyn

great article “Super Easy Easter Hairstyle Tutorial Natural Hair, Transitioning Hair relaxed Hair” — Read more at: http://beauttyhair.blogspot.com/2013/12/super-easy-easter-hairstyle-tutorial.html#sthash.DtSSt2oi.dpuf

Dabney
Dabney

I love them! I started using mini twist in my protective styling! Far more flexible than updos!