Nicki Minaj Reveals Waist Length Hair

Avatar • Mar 20, 2013

Nicki Minaj has some serious hang time! After teasing a photo of her hair a few months back, she took to Twitter again yesterday to reveal straightened hair hanging to her waist with the caption,

#LongHairDontCare #HangTime #ImaWearItOutWhenItTouchesMyASS =P

Although she didn’t show her face, I don’t think it’s hard to believe that Nicki could have hair this long. She has a world class team of stylists managing her wigs/weaves, and I’m sure they could — at her request — ensure that the hair underneath isn’t strained.

Untitled

Photo from Nicki Minaj’s Twitter account

Guest1234
Guest1234

Honestly, this kind of thing is starting to get embarrassing. Why do we black women need to put all our crazy on display like that? One day, Beyonce is whining about bow down bitches or whatever. And Keisha Cole is whining about blah blah blah. Now Nikki Minaj is posting videos about her “real hair length”…with her little V hanging down. What are these ladies trying to prove? And to whom? From the outside looking in — black women are starting to look like a batch of seriously insecure basketcases. Come on, now. Can we please stop giving energy to this… Read more »

D.P. (to guest1234)
D.P. (to guest1234)
Reply to  Guest1234

a batch of seriously insecure basket cases? I have to whole heartedly disagree with that statement 100%. We are starting to look like a batch of finally educated about our own hair care, confident to show the world what God gave us, over coming the stereotypes that have been set upon us about hair, proud, proud, proud racial group. We are trying to prove to the world that although our hair is completely different, it does grow contrary to everyones belief and that it can be just as gorgeous as caucasian hair. There is nothing insecure about that.

Guest1234
Guest1234

Yes. D.P. Nikki Minaj is SO confident about her hair that she covers it up with blond wigs, etc, ALL THE TIME. And when she DOES show it, it’s fully straightened and she won’t even show her face in the same shot. What about that seems confident to you? Embracing one’s natural hair is one thing. Advertising your neurotic length check on twitter or instagram, or whatever, is quite another. It reeks of someone who has something to “prove.” Who the hell needs to prove that their hair is long when you’re a rock star, for cryin’ out loud? And, as a… Read more »

D.P. (to guest1234)
D.P. (to guest1234)
Reply to  Guest1234

Exactly. It took you FIFTEEN years. Just because you are bored with the whole thing doesn’t mean that those of us who are still new to it are basket cases. Let everyone show off what they have! In fifteen years we might all be cynical like you’re being, but its still fun and exciting for most of us to read about and to be apart of. Let us have our fun too! Just because a good chunk of us were still toddlers and children while you were going through your journey doesn’t mean that suddenly all of us that are… Read more »

D.P.
D.P.

Ew. Excuse my horrendous grammar in that. I was educated in a private k‑12 school and graduated from college with a four year degree and I am writing like I never made it past the 2nd grade. My apologies if that long paragraph is impossible to understand. I was writing too quickly and did not reread or edit anything. I just kept going 🙂

Guest1234
Guest1234

Hey, girlie. If you don’t want to receive the wisdom of somebody who has been there. Don’t. But you might want to consider that perhaps somebody else does. I have a right to express my point of view. And others have a right to read those words and apply them if they so choose.

You’re probably right about one thing, though. I’m too old to be on here arguing with the likes of you. Thanks for the reminder.

AllyCat
AllyCat
Reply to  Guest1234

Here’s a nickels worth of free advice. Ain’t nobody obsessing over your kinky/curly/whatever hair BUT YOU! Ain’t nobody obsessing over the length of your hair BUT YOU! Ain’t nobody obsessing over your curl pattern BUT YOU!!!! ”

You must be new here. That’s all these blogs, youtube pages, and natural hair “gurus” do and are about.

Shahidah
Reply to  Guest1234

High Five Guest1234

kiesh
kiesh

it can be just as gorgeous as caucasian hair” — WOW. This phrase really struck me. So caucasian hair is “beautiful” by default and ours isn’t…but it “can be.” Wow.

anastasia
anastasia
Reply to  kiesh

I know =( sad.…We will get there one day Kiesh..I hope.

Shahidah

High Five DP

GUEST
GUEST
Reply to  Guest1234

I can understand how Beyonce and Keyshia Cole might make themselves look foolish but I don’t see how Nicki Minaj looks foolish for showing her hair. If she’s proud of her hair she should show it, just like any other woman. I don’t see what’s wrong with that. I’m sure she’s aware that many of her fans would like to know what’s underneath all the make up, weave, and antics. I think this is her way of being a little more personalable instead of a “Barbie” all the time.

Jack
Jack
Reply to  GUEST

Guest1234, You can understand that there are others that want to receive your “wisdom” you should also be able to understand that there are others that want to receive the advice of others and the post on BGLH. It’s the same thing, it’s just something you may not agree with. When I post pictures online, it’s for myself and others (people going through the struggle, want fresh ideas or style, product advice, education etc…). I know the majority of people that see my photos don’t really care, especially on Facebook where a small amount of my friends are natural. I don’t… Read more »

juanita617
juanita617
Reply to  Guest1234

120 likes?!?! Wow, a lot of people on here really don’t care for Nicki Minaj.…there were a lot of arguing on the last article about her. She really invokes a lot of emotion. 🙂

Tynisha
Tynisha

This pic was actually fake…whoever’s photo this is cropped the tattoo that NM has on her left arm so that we could not see that it was not her. SMH.…to have to go there is pathetic

NikNak
NikNak
Reply to  Tynisha

Girl, relax. I’m tired of other Black women doubting the ability of Black women to grow their own darned hair. This is the reason she puts up these dumb pictures. How is she supposed to take a picture of her hair length from the back, and include her face? And I’m sure, for like for most women, especially w/ the lace front she wears, the front isn’t as long as the back, which therefore, in her mind, makes it less impressive. It’s always this ridiculous mentality of trying to categorize the worthiness of Black women, which sadly Nicki also primitively… Read more »

Jack
Jack
Reply to  NikNak

The angle looks like it’s more from the side, and it she wanted her face in the photo she could have easily gotten someone else to take the pic…or use the self timer feature on a camera.

D.P.
D.P.
Reply to  Tynisha

In this article (which I still don’t understand why BGLH chose not to post over this one about a dumb twitter picture, NM expresses how insecure she feels when she isn’t all done up in make up and wigs and crazy clothes. It has become who she is, and she has the right to not feel right when she isn’t in what she feels comfortable in. If she isn’t comfortable, then thats the end of the discussion. She will and can do what she wants, she’s fricken Nicki Minaj! lol

This is the article I am referencing

AllyCat
AllyCat
Reply to  Tynisha

girl, shut up. You probably believe in the illuminati too. WHY WOULD she go through cropping a photo “so that we could not see that it was not her”.

Tynisha
Tynisha

Also, when I mentioned on IG and twitter, I was suddenly deleted and blocked from the account. LOL

AllyCat
AllyCat
Reply to  Tynisha

AS you should have been. And i’m not even a fan of nicki- but YOU are ridiculous

D.P. (to blackgirllonghair)
D.P. (to blackgirllonghair)

I think this is a better article to be posting. Nicki Minaj posed free and au naturale for Elle Magazine, and we are looking at a twitter account photo.

Sunlight
Sunlight

I’m sorry, which part of this picture is “au naturale”? The gray contacts? The blond wig? The fake lashes? Really.

Cece Danielle
Cece Danielle

I still don’t understand that if this is her hair, why couldn’t she show her face. What is she afraid of?

Sam
Sam
Reply to  Cece Danielle

She is afraid that people will see that it IS NOT HER!!!

SJ
SJ
Reply to  Cece Danielle

I feel like it’s to generate buzz (mission accomplished!). Anyways, I can only speak for myself when I say that I would try and show off length earlier in my journey. I used my length retention to prove people wrong. I remember discussing my hair goals with another girl and she replied that she “thought n***** hair didn’t grow”. Although that was the worst, I got similar responses from many of my peers. So I ended up parading my hair to those people as if I owed them something. Guess what? They swore it was weave and not my real… Read more »

eve-audrey
eve-audrey
Reply to  SJ

who told you n***** hair won’t grow? i swear when i read things like this i don’t even know what to think. please tell me you let that person know he/she was complete idiot?

SJ
SJ
Reply to  eve-audrey

Girl I calmly told her that she was mistaken and that she CANNOT use that loaded, oppressive word to describe anything about me ever again. It was a fellow black woman, which made me feel worse at the time. I wanted to go HAM on her life, but I knew that if she can use that word to describe another black person, then she probably has some preconceived notions on how “angry” I am, too. The woman clearly knew nothing about her own hair, since she had severe breakage and the worse ends I’ve seen in my life. You could… Read more »

eve-audrey
eve-audrey
Reply to  SJ

yeah i can imagine the crazy looking black woman trying to share her insecurities with you instead of taking the good in you to improve herself. you handled it wonderfully. people use to tell me i am a really quiet person but i would have put her in her place i would not have screamed i would just have let her know what i thought about her.

fluffy-in-flight
fluffy-in-flight
Reply to  SJ

It’s amazing how many black women describe their hair as “nigger hair”, the same experience happened to me last year. I was talking to a close friend, who is always wearing fake pony tails and somehow the conversation of hair came up. And she described her hair as Nigger hair — and the way she described it, you could tell that she really hated it. From the outside she seems to be very well put together, always on point, but if you’re in a conversation with her and hair comes up then you really see the insecurities.

NikNak
NikNak

She put it up for you people who are obsessed with hair length, which is just a carryover from the idea that Black hair is not as good as White hair. Why does it matter to some of you about how long your hair is? I mean to the point that you feel the need to put a blow dryer to it and do a “length check.” It is not, and will never be, that serious. For most people it’s just an outcome of genetics, like the thickness of your hair. But here we are, talking about length retention and protective… Read more »

mlank64
mlank64
Reply to  NikNak

But this site is called Black Girl with Long Hair. If you don’t like the topic…why are you here??????

Jack
Jack
Reply to  NikNak

I care about the link of my hair because I don’t like having short hair, I don’t want my hair all broken off or unhealthy because that’s most likely what happens if my hair is not growing or gets drastically short (like when I had a bad run it with a Denman brush, never again).

cb
cb
Reply to  NikNak

@NikNak you forgot eye length and brow length

DiJah
DiJah

Why is she always hiding her face when posting these pics? For that I refuse to believe it’s her real hair.

creole_venus
creole_venus
Reply to  DiJah

when I post pics of my length in the back I don’t post pics of my face.…lol why would I , when Im not trying to show my face..im trying to show my hair.. 0_o

Val
Val
Reply to  DiJah

Word! No one doubts that ANY woman and retain length but as a celebrity…seeing her face would add some crediblity!

Val
Val
Reply to  Val

can*

Quida
Quida
Reply to  DiJah

I know Niki and her family personally. She is Trinidadian and her family still lives in Trinidad as do I. I cannot put my neck on a block that that picture is hers, but I do know that Niki in person has hair to her back and so do the rest of females in her family.

Precious
Precious

Nicki Minaj is what we in Trinidad and Tobago call a “dougla”. She is mixed with indian and black. Her hair is naturally curly and long. One of my teachers even knew her when she was younger and confirmed this. Nicki has no reason to lie about her hair!

NikNak
NikNak
Reply to  Precious

LOL. Naturally long. lol. What? That’s like saying someone is naturally fat or their nails are naturally long.

Tynisha
Tynisha

NikNak.…I’m team natural all day…I have people take pics of me when I do my length checks. It is inspiring to those who are returning to natural to see your progress. I know 1st hand that WE can grow our own hair. But if it’s all you, be proud and show your face! The lovely Ms. Angela Simmons did

Nickie Leaks

Well I for one loved her boldness in showing of her hair. If some don’t wanna believe its not her real hair because she didn’t show her face, then that’s your problem. Although its kinda difficult to show your face with a back shot.

Tabatha
Tabatha
Reply to  Nickie Leaks

Good for her I guess.She could have gotten a slight face shot if the person wasn’t so close and if it was turned to the side, photography 101 know your angles. Heck right now for me I’m trying to get mine at least shoulder length, but that is going to take time.Besides she lives in wigs and what not so I don’t doubt that she doesn’t have long hair.

Tynisha
Tynisha

And you don’t have to be mixed to have long beautiful hair! I’m so tired of that stigma!

binks
binks
Reply to  Tynisha

Right! I am so sick of the line “well she is so and so…” And? What does that have to do with having long hair? I don’t know if this is Nicki or not (I don’t understand why she would never show her face) but this person has some nice and thick hair.

@HelloMissHarper

So.… fake butt, face boobs, and fake whatever else she’s had done. But real hair? LOL Give that woman a round of applause WHO CARES? Everyday women in the limelight are consistently damaging the perception of what a woman of afro-caribbean heritage should look like. I understand that the music industry (and with most other to say the least) churns them out this way to sell to the target markets. But surely there comes a point when they are in enough power and wealth to rock their OWN hair once in a while? It’s a shame.… We need to show the younger generation… Read more »

@HelloMissHarper

Vonnie
Vonnie

Oh, Nicki.…..still trying to make us believe you have WL hair??

And before you guys try to come for me, I already know, and believe, that Black women can grow & have long healthy hair, do that is NOT the issue. But the detective in me is like.…you couldn’t have someone step back so your face was included in the photo? Or like someone up top said, her arm tatt is CONVIENTLY cropped out. With all the other things Nicki has perpetrated on, I’m sorry honey, but you STILL need more people.

Tynisha
Tynisha

Like you said Nik Nak “I don’t even see the point of bragging about how long your hair is if you NEVER choose to wear it out” If you have beautiful hair enbrace it! Kenya Moore has BEAUTIFUL tresses…she embraces it. So does Ya Ya (America’s Next Top Model Contestant)My point is, if you’re going to show it, show it from every angle and be proud. She is the one who put it up to “shut up” the nay sayers.

alana
alana

as precious said, Nicki Minaj is Indo-caribbean. It would be more of a surprise if her “natural” hair was not long.

eve-audrey
eve-audrey
Reply to  alana

wrong again it really does NOT mtter that she’s indo-carribean not all indo carribean people have long hair. you could say that african americans are just as “mixed” as carribean people and yet not all of them have waist lenght hair. stop the “mixed” comments it’s really becoming ridiculous

maralondon
maralondon
Reply to  eve-audrey

I find the mixed comments embarrasing, makes me cringe. Just shows how ignorant people are.

Also, Indo Caibbeans refers to those of Indian Ancestry not Indians who are mixed.

Me
Me

I don’t even think Nikki Minaj is worth all these comments.…

J. Nicole of UrbanExpressive
Reply to  Me

So true… I’m just disappinted that the site would profile someone who has made negative comments towards women of color in the past, and shows no remorse for it. I don’t listen to her music but didn’t she say something about Black women being nappy haired h*es, or something along those lines? I’m not saying she “needs” to feel remorseful, but let the other websites that favor these types of celebrities cover it. Since it seems for the most part long, healthy hair is a theme on this site, why not profile someone with a little more positivity and “realness”… Read more »

juanita617
juanita617
Reply to  Me

Exactly!!!! I still think people hate her so much. That’s why there’s so MANY comments.…its entertaining to read though.

jaybb
jaybb

In Re: to one of the above comments about why Nikki covers her hair with wigs, weaves, etc? I think she covers it for proctection as well as style, can you IMAGINE the damage that her natural tresses would get if she has it manipulated every day with being in show business.….??? Imagine that for a minute.

jaybb
jaybb

some of us wear weaves, braids, wigs etc for protective styles; she chooses to do so as well…and for style.

lilkunta
lilkunta

if this was nicki and she really is ‘long hair dont care’ SHOW YOUR FACE. and how come her hairstylist hasnt trimmed her hair evenly? the part of her hair that she is stretching needs to be cutt off. it is dead and will cause split ends.

Taylor
Taylor

How about this: We just use this picture as inspiration, and continue to take care of our own hair. Whether it is Nicki Minaj or not, alot of us desire this length. So I think it shouldn’t really be a big concern if this is Nicki, and whoever this person is Kudos to them.

hmm
hmm
Reply to  Taylor

Exactly! I cannot believe people on a site called bglh-marketplace.com/ would SUDDENLY have a problem w/ black celebs showing off their long hair. like WTF?

BTW this is a old pic of Nicki — the front doesnt look like a piece to me, clearly she can grow some hair. I think she doesn’t show it from the front because people will continue question it

[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/nicki_minaj_aka_onika_tanya_ma.jpg[/img]

Nickie Leaks
Reply to  hmm

Nicki could do a video showing a stylist parting her hair to show no tracks and people still won’t believe its her real hair. Haters will hate.

Candie
Candie
Reply to  hmm

Now how do you know it’s “her” hair for sure. I wore my hair similar to that when I was in school and you can bet your last buck it was all fake (weave). It just looked real until you came too close.

jaybb
jaybb

DP, I wholeheartedly agree with you !

Ann
Ann

Who cares! I can see if we had no Ciprianas, Naptural85, Kimmaytube, Alicia James, Hair Crush, LongHairDontCare2011, Sera2544, Lala, JoStylin, and all these other WL chicks online. So many girls have heads of hair, it’s not even desirable to show off length unless you’re in some type of challenge.

ambi
ambi

well…look if stars are not willing to post their face then don’t SAY it’s the star and I’m not believing it’s the star period LOL people so easily believe everything

also she(who ever she is, cause she like 2 shades darker) really needs to cut like an inch (I am anti cutting) at the ends

Vanessa W
Vanessa W

Looks like bra strap length when the dead ends get cut off. But that’s not the point, she doesn’t show her face… WHY?? so im not going to believe its her. also she wears lots of wigs and weaves and makeup and little girls look up to her. They are going to want to be a fake barbie too. We should be promoting natural beauty to our little queens not superficial beauty. Hair length should not matter its the HEALTH of the hair that matters.

latisha
latisha
Reply to  Vanessa W

shut up and get over your self, you problem have no hair, this is such a negative site filled with hair nazi, if she wants her hair long and straggly who gives a damn ite her hair, i hate the negative black females.

latisha
latisha
Reply to  latisha

shut up and get over your self, you probably dont have no hair, this is such a negative site filled with hair nazi, if she wants her hair long and straggly who gives a damn its her hair, i hate the negative black females.

eve-audrey
eve-audrey
Reply to  latisha

so do you like the negative females from other races? lol i’m just kidding. you should actually visit some sites dedicated to females of other backgrounds i’ve done it and had a good laugh.
look i agree that sometimes comments on bglh go really too far but your comment is really useless so do yourself a favor and stop reading if you don’t like because we won’t go on the hating black females topic again. thanks.

SoSad
Reply to  latisha

Female what? L’atisha? What kind of an adult tells another one to “shut up” on a message board anyway? Lol and SMH

JustAsking
JustAsking

What does “DP” mean?? I’m sorry idk

Saye
Saye

I believe that her hair is long based off of her Senior High School picture and several other pictures of her in High School from google.

Nickie Leaks
Reply to  Saye

Think about it this way. Nicki’s father is an indian. Her mother is an african. A kid from them would have soft curly hair, depending on what side of the family they take more from. In this case Nicki took more of her Mum’s hair, but without the relaxer her hair would be curly. In Trinidad a child of east indian and african descent is called a ‘Dougla’.

Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody
Reply to  Nickie Leaks

It’d probably be easier to call the child whatever his or her name is…

juanita617
juanita617
Reply to  Nickie Leaks

I’ve noticed that when you let people on BGLH know someone hair length and curl pattern comes from their non-black genes it tends to offend. Especially now that we have the knowledge that the kinkiest of hair can grow even longer. :)…so, being of Indian, Asian, Latino or European decent is not someone’s ticket to long hair. Bias, discrimination and self hate has kept many women of color from achieving length and opting for chemicals to help manage their kinks. We know better now and we’re spreading the knowledge. 🙂

Rae
Rae

She may not be showing her face because while she is hanging around her own home she may not have a face full of makeup on. She probably just doesn’t want us to see her without her makeup IDK just speculation though. I highly doubt that someone would post a pic of someone else on their own twitter page. I mean really what does she have to prove or gain from lying about the length of her hair?

Vonnie
Vonnie
Reply to  Rae

What did she had to prove or gain about lying about: being bisexual, whether or not she got the butt done, her age, etc…

juanita617
juanita617
Reply to  Vonnie

She lied about all those things?

T.M
T.M

This is a weave. You can tell by the stringy ends and the different textures.

P.S.
P.S.
Reply to  T.M

Nicki Minaj is from mixed parentage. Her father is Indian. It is quite likely she has very curly and long hair naturally.

Ada
Ada
Reply to  P.S.

Her father is NOT Indian! Do your homework

Nickie Leaks
Reply to  Ada

You are right, he is mixed with African and Indian. Therefore he has soft curly hair. So his child would indeed inherit some of its texture.

Ellie
Ellie
Reply to  Nickie Leaks

Your racial background has nothing to do with your ability to retain length.
Your hair texture has nothing to do with your ability to retain length.
The WAY YOU CARE FOR YOUR HAIR has EVERYTHING to do with your ability to retain length.
So, let’s leave the “she inherited X, Y, & Z from him/her so that’s why her hair can be this, that, and whatever.” at home, yeah? 🙂

eve-audrey
eve-audrey
Reply to  Nickie Leaks

i swear they just go on and on. never tired lol

HoneyDipt
HoneyDipt
Reply to  T.M

My hair is different textures… and right now, my ends are stringy.

jjac401
jjac401

Nicki is a pretty girl, and maybe since Nicki is showing us her natural hair maybe this is a step toward her showing her fans her real natural beauty by updating her over the top phony style that has made her so famous.

Real natural beauty is in style like never before!!!

me
me
Reply to  jjac401

That would be possible if Nicki actually controlled her image…

kiesh
kiesh

I believe the pic is her. I clicked on her twitter page and the hands/nails look like hers. Her hair looks healthy, I don’t see why she doesn’t wear it out sometimes.

Nikki Star

Now let’s see them edges. She may have great length, but we all know that lace front wigs are terrible for your edges. And if you have natural hair you are just begging for that glue to rip out your edges.

ChristinaNachelle
ChristinaNachelle

Idk if I would actually consider this waist length and I know it’s cut in layers but it’s just one piece reaching her waist. No hate here, because it looks healthy and beautiful. I hope to someday get that length.

Katrina
Katrina

Well, she does wear wigs all the time so *shrugs* I wouldn’t be surprised if this were her hair’s length

cece marie
cece marie

nicki minaj is natural. she said it heself. her former hairstylist says she is natural. she has no relaxer. i wnat my real hair to be this long. it will. i just need to take better care of it. 🙂

me
me

I still don’t get what the point of these posts are. EVERY TIME a celeb “reveals” their natural hair, it has to be posted on here to be talked about and pretty much scrutinized.

Seriously, what is the point??

Jordan
Jordan

I come to this website for hair tips but I also love seeing women encourage each other and share tips along out journey. The comments here are really negative and reflect poorly on the people who make them. You cannot judge someone’s character or life story from a couple of pictures of hair. Why is it so hard for people to disassociate their apparent dislike for her & just see her hair. Did anybody say this about Taraji P. Henson?
Come on guys, you’re better than this.

Nickie Leaks
Reply to  Jordan

Well said, the hate in this post is abundant. No doubt a bunch of Kim fans who just can’t get over it.

juanita617
juanita617
Reply to  Nickie Leaks

Ooooh! LOL

Kaila P
Kaila P
Reply to  Jordan

Lol girl they said the exact same thing about Taraji Henson, there was this great debate about whether her “natural hair” was a weave or not. I honestly feel like putting so much time and effort into that is just pointless but that’s just me

imani
imani

Here is my issue: Why not post ur whole face?is she that awful looking without her barbie doll costume that she won’t show her face? So like I said abt the previous alledged NM hair shot…this is simply a picture of someones hair…for ppl to fierecly defend the legitimacy of her hair is plain ridiculous.I don’t doubt it COULD be but the unnecessary cloak n dagger secrecy abt her face without the paint is annoying so I chose 2 assume it could or could not be. Jbc its her twitter acct means little to me. Her faceless photos r just as annoying… Read more »

BiBi
BiBi

I don’t believe it’s NM. Actually I couldn’t care less. If it is her then it just angers me that she would even take the effort to show her hair length without her face. What is she trying to pull? What message is she trying to portray? IDK, I don’t care for her music or her style. I think it’s dumb as h?!! for them put her (of all people) on a music show to “judge” others. She could take some lessons on singing and etiquette. If it’s her hair then great for her. If she really cares about how… Read more »

HoneyDipt
HoneyDipt
Reply to  BiBi

Love, there was hate all in that post. You said you “couldn’t care less” in one sentence, and then in the next you were “angry.” Then you went on to insult her, her craft and the fact that she is on a show as a judge. I am not a fan of Nicki, but I’m less of a fan of people just throwing shade. NM doesn’t owe anybody anything. It would be one thing if she came to THIS SITE and posted it. That’s not what happened. I don’t come to this site often, and stuff like this is the… Read more »

Denise
Denise
Reply to  HoneyDipt

I don’t think she’s hatin’ it sounds like she is just letting it all out at the same time. I do not care if it’s her or not, but while we are on the subject of her, I cannot stand her either. I think she is a phony baloney lol.

Liz
Liz

I don’t believe it , once again until I have see HER FACE. This improvement doesn’t prove enough, that it’s her. Am sorry

Vé

off topic-ish: My cousin herself is of mixed indian surinamese (creole) heritage, but her hair is NOT the business. Her hair could be soft, but it is matted all over the place. Her curls, curl into her curls and then some. She straightens her hair now, but that is all she can do. Her mom is indian, and her father is bald… So I don’t think they can really help her there. I can, but at the end of the day, SHE has to be able to do her hair. She could shave her head, but she’s just 13 and very… Read more »

wendy
wendy

Why has this page become do negative, with all these negative comments. You sisters sound sooooo miserable.

curlyq
curlyq

WHY IS THIS PAGE SOOOO NEGATIVE! THE WOMEN ON THIS PAGE SOUND MISERABLE. ITS ONLY HAIR.

MelSoFly
MelSoFly

No tea, no shade but it looks thin on the ends. It needs to be cut. Just saying.

divaz
divaz

Um I dont think it her. Could be wrong. Looks too dark cause she looks super light and that doesnt look like her frame. Why would she not take one of face.

cococrispecurl

I don’t think people really care, bc it’s not like we see it. It’s always under a wig. It’s cool she has waist length hair, but… so.…

Sophie
Sophie

I don’t actually care much if Nicki Minaj has long hair, or if she has a body double pretending to be her, or if she’s Indian, Italian, Chinese, Peruvian, or whatever. I would be fine hearing hair-care tips if she had some, but if it is “I have a team of stylists and wear weaves 24/7” then I don’t find it all that exciting *shrug*. She also isn’t exactly the highest promoter of respect for black women so she’s not much on my relevance radar at all most of the time. Hopefully it won’t be too long until it’s normal… Read more »

Jacky
Jacky

I’m happy for her,waist lenght hair is something to be happy about.

Mika

I’m so over these celebrities “revealing” their natural hair on Instagram but never, ever, ever wearing it out.

Vintage
Vintage

If its her hair thats great! However…she does need to trim and I won’t believe its her until I see her face with it. Besides why grow beautiful long hair and just hide it under weaves? smh. Cut it off and sell it to someone who will use it.

anna h
anna h

The hair is beautiful no matter if it’s hers or not. In regards to some comments about people not liking her because she wears alot of wigs. I think that yall need to calm down. Its just hair folks and wearing wigs keeps your hair nice and protected. And helps you to retain length as long as its cared for underneath that’s all that matters. I realize some naturals believe weave is the enemy and wearing them means that you have some form of self hate but self hatred comes from inside of you not from whats on your head.… Read more »

Dee
Dee
Reply to  anna h

Sorry I was trying to like this comment and ended up pressing the thumbs down with my bid thumb by mistake. I totally agree. Some people just like the versatility wigs/weaves give without cause damage to their hair and it’s as simple as that.

Tyesha
Tyesha

I think Nicki is trying to get the black fans back by claiming to be natural. I guess all that selling out ain’t working no more.

Brandice

So your hair goes to your waist…yay! I’m so happy for you! But wearing wigs all the time and having beautiful natural hair is like wearing sweatsuits 24/7 and having an amazing figure. No one knows and even fewer care.

Joy Love
Joy Love

Um, could she at least show her face? How do we know it’s her?

KAYBEYONCE
KAYBEYONCE

WOW Y’ALL ARE MISERABLE

Faith
Faith

I’m a weave wearing natural! My hair has retained significant length in the last few months by NOT manipulating my hair constantly. Gold stars to the wash and go/ style daily crew, but idk why its so hard to accept that some of us love our unprocessed hair and while we would like it to grow as long as we can get it to we’re okay knowing its there even if nobody else gets to see it. No shade. I just like knowing I have a head full of hair…I don’t have to prove that its there to anyone.

Mia Eubanks
Reply to  Faith

My feelings exactly!! I am also a wig wearing natural with a full big head of hair. I wear wigs because I don’t know how to style it and I can’t find a natural hair stylist I can trust. Most stylists don’t want to deal with natural hair. I couldn’t care any less what others think about it. Nikki’s hair looks fab.

Patricia Kayden
Patricia Kayden
Reply to  Faith

I’m also a weave-wearing natural. My hair is too short to wear out and braiding it too often was thinning the edges. My stylist doesn’t braid it too tightly so the weave is working out quite nicely.

kg.sunshine
kg.sunshine

Maybe she can invite an ordinary character where she dresses and acts like a normal person and rocks her real hair and then her followers can learn to respect their own…

Mignon
Mignon

I will not believe it until I see her face.

Jenny
Jenny

Hmm.…well she has told us about all the other fake things she added to her body…not sure why she’s so sensitive about her hair. I’ve got mad respect for the honesty.so.….lets get this over with, Ms Nikki–fix your face, turn around so we can see if its you 🙂

Ms Ria
Reply to  Jenny

I’m with you she revealed everything else she bought borrowed injected why not shoe a photo of you and your waste length hair? I’m not miserable nor am I hating but you want to let us know your hair is long .?.….….….…Why? People are feeling your music not your hair or what you have done to change your body which was suppose to be the temple that God gave stop enhance yourself for a gimmick you have talent you don’t need a gimmick. Stay Nicki you are a successful black queen.

Valerie

I’m glad that Nicki Minaj has waist length hair, so does many ladies on this board. I am not a fan of Nicki, she is too rude and has no respect for black women.

Cris

My question is why are we spending so much time trying to figure out if that is Nicki Minaj’s hair or not? Are we that pathetic? Who really cares? I mean, what does it do for me if that is Nicki Minaj’s hair or not? I don’t know, I just think we have more important things to focus on, I know I do. I’d rather have information on how to keep our (black women) hair healthy and looking good than to worry about how long/short someone’s hair is… again, who really cares?

Cris
Reply to  Cris

I know that I would get some thumbs down and even that saddens me. We just really need to wake up and stop spending so much time on nonsense and trashing each other.

BabyGirl
BabyGirl
Reply to  Cris

I understand where you’re coming from, but obviously you cared enough to click on the link that led you here. And you also cared enough to type that long {bleep} comment. My point? None of that was necessary and you should have just kept that to yourself. Have a blessed one now!

Jess
Jess
Reply to  BabyGirl

Maybe they read the title (as did I) just to see what it was, and not because they cared.

Kelly
Kelly
Reply to  Jess

that doesnt make sense. The title states exactly what the content was going to be about. What did you think it was going to be? Nicki Minaj Reveal Waist Length Hair isn’t going to be an article about Tree Huggers…don’t be dumb. You shouldnt have clicked it if you were just going to talk about it.

madametj
madametj
Reply to  BabyGirl

Wow, you’re really telling her what she should and should not say???? That’s fine. Not like its a free country or anything.

Rose
Rose
Reply to  BabyGirl

Who smacked you this morning?! You have an attitude problem and you need to solve it.

nosense
nosense
Reply to  Cris

Please. This argument works both ways. Why is Nicki M so pathetic that she’s constantly posting faceless pictures as “proof” of her “good-hair.”

Kelly
Kelly

I might get a lot of thumbs down for this but someone has to say it. I’m a little tired of these articles about celebrities’ hair under their weave or wig. There’s nothing wrong with a weave or wig. Nothing at all. However, these particular women have chosen not to ever showcase their natural hair in public settings. Ever. This is a natural hair website that prominently features Black women showing their natural hair WITHOUT wigs or weaves. Some naturals may have used a weave or wig to help get to their present length or they wear weaves for fun.… Read more »

Cris
Reply to  Kelly

Kelly, I totally agree. If I am looking for information in keeping my natural hair looking healthy and nice, do I really care how long someone else hair is?

NubianPrize
NubianPrize
Reply to  Cris

Same here ! Why focus on celeb’s hair like you & Cris said? Those folks don’t even have to take care of their own hair if they don’t want to. They can also afford the very best stylists, every possible expensive hair treatment, & all kinds of pampering we ordinary women can’t get or afford. It’s as bad as the constant “.…..is rocking her slim post baby bod”; ” .…. shows her bikini bod on the beach”; ” learn .…‘s super workout secrets” articles. We all know it’s the same for them as it is for the hair celebs !!… Read more »

Cris
Reply to  NubianPrize

That’s exactly what I am trying to say here… We have to stop focusing on all of these things that do nothing to enhance our lives. We have a long way to go and so much work to do when it comes to taking care of ourselves and supporting one another.

Crystal
Crystal
Reply to  Kelly

I agree w/both you n Chris. Our little sisters need to feel proud of their hair (what ever the texture) n to have celebs that can reach the masses presenting themselves as anything less then proud is criminal.

Felecia
Felecia

I don’t get it(this tweet), but I congratulate her for her hair being that long; if that’s what she is looking for. I just think she should be contributing topics of more substance with the platform she has been given. Not how long her hair is and when she’ll wear it out. Who cares?

Leehr
Leehr

So, I had to click and search to find this story. Why did you all read it if you didn’t care. It’s really easy to scroll pass things like this.

Cris
Reply to  Leehr

Hi Leehr, I really didn’t mind the story (people have the right to “report” whatever they want) and normally if you read this type of story, you read it and move on. All the comments about whether it was really her hair or not is what struck me, that’s where I have to ask do we really care that much about it? Also, why do we have to always trash each other (there are enough other people doing that for us)? By the way, I receive emails from BGLH with their stories all of the time, I never have to… Read more »

Fatima
Fatima

It is normal to see black women with long hair. So, what is so amazing about Nicky Minhaj or another woman to have long hair? But, if it is Nicky, why does not she show her face?
Sorry about my English. It’s not my mother tongue.

Erica
Erica
Reply to  Fatima

What you mean not normal. All black females aren’t bald headed. Long hair runs in my family. And i always see black females with long boucy hair. REAL HAIR. NO WEAVE. You sound ignorant.

TomatoScout
TomatoScout
Reply to  Erica

I don’t think you read Fatima’s comment correctly.….

0.o?
0.o?
Reply to  Erica

WOW…embarrassing.…
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/yodareadingcomprehension.jpg[/img]

Naturalbeauty
Naturalbeauty
Reply to  Erica

Whoa ! Sounds like you couldn’t wait to go off on somebody! Lol! Loud and WRONG! Please re-read ’s post.

Fatima M.
Fatima M.
Reply to  Erica

You just don’t understand because maybe u don’t have black girl hair. It probably a white girl talking some shit that u don’t know. Just shut the FUCK up!!! it being ignorant. U got a terrible attitude problem and need to get that fixed because so fucking rude. He just saying shit.

Krissy
Krissy

Her dad is Indian and her mom is black, her cousins have long hair.She had her natural long hair while growing up. OK she didn’t show her face if she did u would of found something else to pick on. U chose to click on the pic no one forced your hand and nicki didn’t put this story up either!

Leah
Leah
Reply to  Krissy

Here father is half brown and half black, coolie is what they are called in the Caribbeans

Candie
Candie
MrsGlam

So .. now we’re celebrating the hair of women that called other BW “nappy-headed h*es” that need “perm-inators”? Let’s ASSume that this is her and her natural hair. It still doesn’t negate the fact that she slammed women who have hair that looks like many of the women that frequent this website. All those type 4s that have been profiled on this website? Yeah, Nicki has NO LOVE for them. That’s why I’m not impressed with this picture or with Ms. Minaj.

Brown
Brown
Reply to  MrsGlam

You are so right about that. Ill never forget those lines. That was a diss to Bw.

Colalover
Colalover

Nicki Manaj has long hair.Most people don’t realize that she’s actually a dark skin Indian mixed with a little Black African blood. Her features are Indian,not West African. Her hair itype is not the typical African American hair type we see most of the time. IN FACT she has very little curl or wave to her natural hair. She’s a rap star, with brown skin,so people automatically(understandably) but ignorantly assume she must be black and wear weaves. Because society ignorantly has a tendancy to believe all black looking women must have hair that can’t grow. Nicki is socially accepted as… Read more »

Shay
Shay
Reply to  Colalover

Your race does not determine the length of your hair. Even if she is “mixed” with Indian does not put her out of the African American category. To be honest, most blacks have Indian in their blood. I’m biracial with light tan skin and Caucasian features: small lips, pointy nose and 3a/3b hair but yet and still i am notice as an African American. People are going to call it like they see it. And FYI, their are many African Americans with long hair. There are many mixed races that can’t get their hair past their shoulders.

Leah
Leah
Reply to  Colalover

A little black? Her mom is black and her dad is half brown half black. She’s a black Indian? Lol she’s not even fully Indian so you can’t just throw her with the rest of the brown people. Throw her in with a bunch of brown people I’ll bet you she’ll stick out like a sore thumb. The only reason why you notice how Indian she looks is because she hangs out with black people but if you put her with brown you’ll start to see how black she looks. Plus I don’t know why people act like the brown… Read more »

Leah
Leah
Reply to  Colalover

By the way I’m not denying the fact that she has brown in her, I’m just saying she’s brown and black.

nosense
nosense
Reply to  Colalover

She’s a lot of Black with maybe a drop of Indian. Not the other way around. She certainly doesn’t look East Indian. She looks like any black chick with too much make-up I see walking around the DC Metro daily.

Hart
Hart

THAT’S not proof that this is Nikki Minaj. A little more geography needs to be seen so we can be sure her famous booty is attached to those locks, lol.

Erica
Erica

That’s funny because that same picture was said to have been the revealing of toya wright real hair. Media be hella lying. Next time show the face too. Damn liars.

Angie
Angie

You guys comments are soo funny but just to put it out there everybody’s hair grows differently no matter what race you are there’s racies of color that hair won’t grow pass there ear so it’s all in the genes..be blessed

Kim
Kim

I believe it’s a way to get other girls that wear their natural hair to buy weaves. I see these girls with all these different hairstyles & I wonder why I can’t get my hair like but then I snap out of it & say u don’t like weaves. Nor have u ever worn one. It’s just not u bc I have long, beautiful hair.
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/image-10.jpg[/img]

Aaliyah
Aaliyah

Ms.Ria’s comment is true. If she could say that her but and boobs are fake why not show your face with your waist length hair but why care so much if she said on her song Did it On ‘Em,“NAPPY HEADED H’S ” and that the need ” A PERM-INATOR ”

Alicia

That could be anyone’s hair.… Really if it was hers, her face would be in it

Alexis
Alexis

point blank, it’s nicki’s hair. her real hair has always been long. She wears wigs for her persona. y’all are entirely too much.

Tiara Hardy
Tiara Hardy

I actually like that they posted this picture. Because it just proves that just because a black woman wears a weave or a wig doesn’t mean that her hair is short or that we can’t grow our own hair. Some of us actually like to wear weaves and wigs! Because its fun to switch up colors styles and lengths. So people that have a problem with this article stop tripping. Lol. Black women have long hair too!!

waukee
waukee

I think a lot of celebrities wear weaves and wigs to protect their hair from damage. Their hair receives constant manipulation. I don’t think their trying to hide their locs …maybe they don’t won’t damage. Maybe they got damage …we really don’t know. Also this women is an entertainer…she says a lot if things for ratings, and what fits well in a rhyme. I don’t give a lot of merit to what any entertainer say.

Gershe
Gershe
Reply to  waukee

They post celeb pics on here because we are interested in celebs and we would click the article its just to bring more traffic to the web site, though most celebs they show aren’t wearing their natural hair at all basically its a gimmick.

trackback

[…] to this day) about whether or not the hair was really hers. In March 2013 Minaj did it again, tweeting a photo of her waist length straightened hair, but not revealing her […]

nosense
nosense

It’s not her hair. She’s always posting pics of a hand full of hair or the back or someone’s head.

Dee
Dee

I don’t know if someone already said this but I am not impressed; her hair looks dry and unhealthy to me. Those ends are very thin, she needs a trim.