Linda
Linda

This is exactly how I do my senegalese twists and I’m rocking this style right now. I use either marley braid or kinky twist braid. The only difference is that I dont start my twist with a braid (plait); I start straight with a twist by dividing the section I want to twist in two then I wrap each section of hair around the extension and double twist to the end. I usually keep the style between 4–6weeks maximum,moisturizing on a daily basis, clarifying with pure ACV and rinsing the hair very well once a week. My hair has a… Read more »

Linda
Linda

I just checked the styles tutorial on you tube. She has some beautiful styles. The nefertiti and the waterfall are styles that I know and do with different variations. I do buns a lot because I work in a corporate environment. I didn’t know those styles were called nefertiti and waterfall,I learned something today. Tks BGLH!

naturalgamergirl

I absolutely love this! I’ve never done my own hair like this but I wonder if maybe I can. It’s tempting to try. 🙂

Grey Poupon
Grey Poupon

Very tempting to try! But the execution is a whole other story hahaha.

Brittany

Thank you for sharing! 🙂

ambi
ambi

where is the video etc

Tonya

I did this to my own hair using this tutorial. It came out ok — she is certainly more skilled than I am! I think I’ll get better at it the more I do it — but it will work for now. Took me 12 hours!

Deedeemaha
Deedeemaha

The way I do mine is with rasta hair. 2 packs. I cut them in half. Brush the ends out. Before i start i light pull the ends to thin out the bottom it makes the twist look light and natural. Not big and heavy looking. Take one and take a small portion of the hair from it , to match the size of my hair. I also do a braid at base less slip as I wear them 2 months. When done I make about 5 large loose twist and dip in hot water.
Then I say “$$$$$”. I just saved $200.00. Lol

Alwina
Alwina

Awesome video and style tutorial!

NaturallyFlawed
NaturallyFlawed

Beautiful girl and hair style it fits her perfectly and inspired me to do it myself this weekend again I normally just twist the roots because the braid part seems to wreak havoc on my hair. With that being said this pretty lady should be more careful as her edges seem to be very thin and braiding with the Marley hair or any hair takes its toll on our hair if none properly.

Brittany

Hi! Thank you for your kind words. I only wore these twists for about a month. I’ve had thin edges for a while now because I used to wear tight corn rows when I was in school (even before then because my mom also has thin hair and very little eyelashes and brows). I went into a salon once to get rope twists and she twisted my roots. When I took them out I had no edges (this was in 2011 I think). I used castor oil and my edges have grown back to how they were. Thank God for… Read more »

Genevieve
Genevieve
Reply to  Brittany

Hello. what other Brands of the Marley Hair would you recommend?

Miss_A
Miss_A

I had Havana twists using marley hair last month and I currently have Senegalese twists in. Going back to my Marleys though… Senegalese Marleys are it!

Alysia
Alysia

Nice Job! One question though ‚How many packs of marley braid hair did you use?
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/profile.png[/img]

Stephanie Anderson
Stephanie Anderson

i have long nice hair i don’t perms but i want Senegalese Twist but i wanna know…do it take out your and it do any damage to my hair like Brake off or take my hair out. This is really my first time putting hair in my head and a Style like Senegalese…

Shad
Shad

How many packs of the marley hair do I need for my sengalese twist?

Tenia
Tenia

[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/image-47.jpg[/img]
My braids :] marley braids I love em ??

Nerissa
Nerissa

Thank you. ThankyouThankyouThankyou. Thank you. I didn’t understand how you got them to look so neat and now I see it was the gel this whole time. Thank you.

trackback

[…] they can last all week and give me big hair. And I love doing protective styles like Marley Twists, Senegalese Twists or Box Braids to promote length retention and give my hair a […]

Toya

#demtoyabraids beautiful affordable braids in the Philly area! My first Senegalese twists!

Talathia
Talathia

I have short naps in the back after i got a bob not to long ago … Do you think I can still catch the hair to put it into that style?