3 Ways to Get Over Hair Length Plateaus

Avatar • Apr 18, 2012

By Jc of The Natural Haven Bloom

Does your hair appear to be stuck or stagnant at a particular length? Some people with natural hair can continuously gain length but for others it can be tricky. A hair plateau is basically a point where your hair breaks at the same rate as it is growing. The length therefore appears static and this leads some people to incorrectly say ‘my hair is not growing’.

Getting over hair plateaus requires some understanding of your hair. There is no straight forward and simple route for everyone, the real remedy lies in finding out why your hair is breaking. This is my experience and observation:

1. Necklength Plateau (4–6 inches)

It may seem quite odd to some but for hair that has a lot of kinks or hair with small curls, the fact is a necklength plateau is very possible even with the most gentle care. The reason is that the curls are very small and the kinks within the hair add continuous points of stress which break with handling. My observation is that neck length plateaus tend to be related to combing and brushing.

People with thicker hair strands (individual) tend to fair quite well with gentle combing but if a fine tooth comb is used, then breakage can arise. For some, changing from dry combing to conditioner combing is a remedy rather than changing from a fine comb to a wide comb.

However, for fine and kinky hair, combing and brushing is sometimes just not an option. Some naturals can only progress from a necklength plateau by eliminating combing and brushing. The finger detangling method is indeed slow and painstaking for some but is a guaranteed way to ensure that the comb does not rip through the complex tangles in kinky hair. Feeling these tangles out with fingers is usually ideal.

The general measure I would use to determine whether combing is suitable to your hair is to first finger detangle your hair and follow up with a wide tooth comb. If the comb persistently gets stuck in your hair and you cannot run the comb from root to tip AFTER detangling, then combing is probably not something your hair likes.

2. Midlength plateaus (shoulder to armpit length — 9–12 inches)

If you got over an early plateau or were lucky enough never to have one, it is still possible to experience another stagnant phase. Some naturals spend ages at shoulder to armpit length when they would like their hair to grow longer. My observation is that mid length plateaus tend to be related to styling and/or trimming schedules.

Protective styling is a guaranteed method to get over plateaus. However the protective styling method has to be productive. This means it has to reduce knots, tangling, splitting, breakage due to handling and importantly you must not lose hair when undoing the style. Not all protective styles are suitable for everybody. For example, if your hair easily tangles up when free, a bun which is considered a protective style may not be suitable for you. If your hair easily untwists or strands tend to mesh when twisted, then a twist style which is considered protective may not be for you. If you are not patient enough to take down minibraids, then this style is not ideal for getting over a plateau. The bottom line is that you must pick a protective style that you can keep for a significant time (3–4 weeks) and rest your hair for a few days in between before reinstalling the style. Make sure it is a productive protective style.

In regards to trimming, you have to bear in mind that hair at 12 inches is old. It is 2–3 years old depending on your growth rate. The cuticle layers gradually deplete and this is what causes split ends to form. If you find several split ends on your hair, the answer to your plateau problems may lie in establishing a trimming routine. This can mean a search and destroy where you find and cut split ends only or a regular cut every few months . Ideally you should not need to cut your hair more often than once every 2–3 months. If you are exceeding this level then you need to look at ways to protect your ends (See protective styling above).

3. Hair strengthening

For some naturals products and routines make a real difference to hair and help them either get over or not experience plateaus. As always, there is no set formula, the guide for what you use to strengthen your hair is what your hair itself responds to. This is what I have observed from natural blogs,vlogs and forums

• 1. alternating with a protein conditioner or adding hydrolysed protein to conditioner (for others though eliminating protein is useful when they find that it makes their hair hard/stiff and therefore easier to break)
  • 2. using a preconditioning step to protect hair while it is washed
  • 3. washing hair in braids or twists or using section clips (i.e making hair more manageable when washing, reducing shrinkage and therefore possible knotting)
  • 4. choosing to either deep condition or to eliminate deep conditioning (for some, deep conditioning is a must and users say that it makes hair softer and more manageable, for others it makes no difference and is unnecessary time spent with wet hair).
  • 5. stretching hair gently (i.e using twists, braids etc to stop the full effects of shrinkage and therefore reducing tangling and knotting).

Ladies, how do you get over hair length and strength plateaus?

About The Natural Haven

Scientist on a hairy mission!

cookiechica
cookiechica

I’m currently experiencing the midlength plateau(I’m at APL), and I switched up my wash routine to help this. I’m finding that washing my hair in large twists has helped a lot. I conquered the neck length plateau when I added finger combing to detangle before using a wide toothed comb. I have to be more vigilant about trims, I think that’s where my plateau issues lie the most.

Sophie Ann
Sophie Ann

Could someone please give me examples of good protein treatments and protein conditioners?

Alexia
Reply to  Sophie Ann

I recently finished my bottle of Nexxus Emergencee, and it was pretty great! I just got a bottle of Curl Junky’s “Repair Me”, and I’ll be trying it in about a week. There are some rules when it comes to protein treatments, however:

- you should do it no more often than once a month, usually
— only apply to clean hair, and follow the directions on the product bottle
— ALWAYS rinse out thoroughly and follow with a conditioner that has no protein in it

EG
EG
Reply to  Alexia

I know you said ‘usually’, but the once a month method really depends on the person, I can do it (protein)twice a week with no problem. The key is to moisturize the hair afterwards so that it is nice and soft.

nubia
nubia
Reply to  EG

Emergencee LOVE IT!! I use it maybe once every 2 or 3 months. That is how GREAT it is

EG
EG
Reply to  Sophie Ann

Giovanni has a good protein conditioner that you can find at Whole Foods.
Cathy Howse has one as well that you can find at Ubhpublications.com
And finally Aubrey organics has one called GPB that you can also find at Whole Foods.

At_Ease
At_Ease
Reply to  Sophie Ann

Aubrey Organics GBP Conditioner is also a good one

napfrocurlzgirl
Reply to  Sophie Ann

I switch mine up from week to week, but always use them with my steamer. I jump around between As I Am Naturally, Vatika, SheScentit and my fave standby LeKair or Queen Helene Cholesterol conditioners.

napfrocurlzgirl

P.S. I also use any and all LUSH conditioners. These are all the conditioners I use for deep conditioning treatments which are different from what my post-shampoo conditioner.

DiJah
DiJah

I’ve been struggling with this for some time now. My hair is stuck at shoulder length for THE longest time! even when I cut my hair shorter, it grows back to my shoulder and stays there. SMH. I use all natural products and I ONLY comb with a wide tooth comb. I can’t wait for y’all suggestions, lawd knows I need it

dagnatz
dagnatz
Reply to  DiJah

Hmm…don’t know,but braiding my hair both in extensions and cornrows helpmed me pass this plateau. Twists that I regularly co-washed also helped. However, taking down the twists were a pain and as my hair grew I experienced a lot of knots. But I guess it depends on your hair and how it knots. Hm…yea thats my 2 cents hope that helps in some way

dagnatz
dagnatz
Reply to  dagnatz

oh, i also didn’t do my hair in between washes and deep conditioned everytime I washed. I’m a little below APL, right now, that seems to be my current plateau. I think its a mixture of laziness and knots. I got a little past APL though through finger combing, did this on wet hair for a month, loved the results, hated the detangling session thereafter but did see marked difference. N e wayz good luck!

DiJah
DiJah
Reply to  dagnatz

Hey, thanks for the tip. I’ve been 2 strand twisting my hair for a while now, but the end result is TONS of hair come out when I finally take them out, so i’m contemplating not doing so anymore, but before I throw the towel in, i want to try yarn twists. Hopefully I see some form of change.

napfrocurlzgirl
Reply to  DiJah

You have lots of shedding with twists?! Hmmm. I haven’t had that problem. From week to week, on my wash day, I take down my twists which are medium-size (small ones can promote ST knots and tangles), section my hair, detangle each one w/just water, apply dc, retwist. When done, I steam, wash and condition with my hair in 4–6 big twists. Post-shower, I detangle with a detangler, apply Giovanni Leave-in and retwist each section (I get about 4–6 twists out of each section)with my hair butter and oil my scalp when done. I keep my twists in for a… Read more »

Dawn
Dawn
Reply to  DiJah

are you getting breakage?

DiJah
DiJah
Reply to  Dawn

Hi Dawn, i’m experiencing shedding, not breakage.

I use a leave in after every wash, i moisturize every other day and I don’t put my hair in a tight pony, i also sleep with a satin scarf on my head — just to give you an idea.

If I braid my hair, twist it, and sometimes after a wash, i end up with a lot of hair on my comb. I know some say shedding is normal, but i don’t think the hairball that comes out of my head after combing out 2 braids is normal, or is it?

Kthomas74
Kthomas74
Reply to  DiJah

Dijah,

My hair is doing the same as yours! It sheds so much. I don’t know what else to do about it.

Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody
Reply to  DiJah

Check your diet! Forget the protein DCs, are you EATING enough protein? What about iron and zinc? Omegas? B‑vitamins? Biotin? Vitamin A (but not too much!)? Also, water! Good luck dude!

Cacey
Cacey
Reply to  DiJah

I don’t think so. in fact, i’m pretty sure that if i shed the “normal” 100 to 150 hairs a day, i’d be balled by the end of the year. for me, shedding that’s normal is about only 10 to 15 strands a day. your regimen sounds safe enough, to me, though. idk what it could be. have you tried putting to rest the scissors for a few months just to make sure you’re not being a little paranoid about breakage/split ends? maybe taking a break from search and destroy and trimming will help you get over the plateau long enough… Read more »

Leonardo
Reply to  DiJah

Thanks for your write-up. My spouse and i have often oberevsd that many people are desirous to lose weight since they wish to look slim and attractive. Nonetheless, they do not always realize that there are additional benefits so that you can losing weight in addition. Doctors declare that obese people have problems with a variety of diseases that can be directly attributed to the excess weight. The good news is that people who’re overweight in addition to suffering from different diseases are able to reduce the severity of their own illnesses by losing weight. You are able to see… Read more »

hyspin
hyspin

Still working the kinks out my current plateau (no pun intended) I sit between neck length and mid length plateau (shoulder length, 6.5–10) strength doesn’t seam to be an issue. I have worked out my grow rate 1/4–3/8 inch per month. I also found that ACV is a god send for detangling. I figure that since I am very kinky, fine stands, dense body, normal porosity of hair at that rate of growth my best bet was extensions (braids, weaves). To bad I wanted to go natural without hiding my hair but if that is the only method to exceed… Read more »

Marie
Marie
Reply to  hyspin

Finger detangling isn’t a bandwagon or new. That’s been advocated, at least for kinky hair types i.e fine 4b for many many years. I’ve been doing it for four and it really helps to reduce ends breakage but you do have to be careful of matting at the same time. Double edged sword.

Marie
Marie
Reply to  Marie

Noticed you asked someone else more questions on finger detangling below. It takes a long while but if you’re like me a 4b fine, CBL length, dense kinky haired person it’s worth it. I have slow growth and my hair tends to coil on itself furiously creating ssk if I let it. I stay in twists and my hair splits very easily due to fine strands. I found wide tooth combing was breaking my already fragile hair while wet or damp combing. That approach just wasn’t working for me nor does that full of conditioner method. When I use my… Read more »

Asea
Asea

Great topic. I’m between collarbone and armpit and am SO incredibly anxious to get past armpit! I made some mistakes along my 3 year journey and feel my hair should be so much longer by now. And do any of you ladies ever experience feeling like one month your hair is huge and long and the next day is short and unworkable? Ugh. My hair started to thrive again with protein treatments (Jherri Redding, Aubrey, and Nexxus), DC’s, sealing ends, no heat, and layering products for sustained moisture. I’ve been wearing a protective kinky curly weave since January and plan… Read more »

tricie
tricie
Reply to  Asea

I think I’m your twin, Asea! My story is exactly the same except I braided up a few weeks ago! Happy Hair Growth to you! 🙂

C.
C.
Reply to  tricie

I feel you Asea. That’s how I’m feeling now!! My hair seemed so much longer/bigger last year than it does now, and I really dont know what I did wrong. I have cut my hair over a dozen times in the 3 years that I have been growing out my hair in order to “start off fresh” but it seems to backfire, so I’m not cutting anymore. Right now my hair is only 4–5 inches long :-(, but im working on growing it out.

Olie
Olie

@ Dijah try finger combing your hair and try styles that will keep your ends tucked away for the majority of the time. You have to be really delicate with your ends. When detangling, detangle from the bottom to the top. Also don’t forget to moisturize and seal your ends. I realized that it’s best not to use combs and brushes, just my fingers.

Cherry
Cherry

I had neck lenght plateau for the longest and I beat mines with protective styling and taken a supplement everyday religiously. I saw results by a year. Now im at Apl and hoping 2b Bsl by August 🙂

Princess
Princess
Reply to  Cherry

what supplement did you take?

AnaDion

I have been stuck somewhere between neck and shoulder length, definitely due to by harsh detangling techniques. I always told myself that I wouldn’t finger detangle, but I have been trying it for the past few days and was astounded. Even though my ends are TORE UP, I experienced very little breakage, especially compared to the past few weeks.

hyspin
hyspin
Reply to  AnaDion

Taking that your just starting, for gaging purposes, how long does it take you to do you whole head of hair and what is your current hair status, length, average strand width, curl/kink texture (you can 3a, 4b if you like)

AnaDion
Reply to  hyspin

If I’m actually concentrating on just my hair, it takes me about 30minutes to an hour, depending on the state of my hair (i.e. wet or dry twist out, wash n go, or something done to an old blow out). If I’m watching TV or otherwise occupied, it is between an hour and an hour & 30 minutes. My hair is fine, dry, damaged from the winter dryness and my former impatient detangling methods, totally natural, and somewhere between moderately thin and averagely dense. My hair JUST barely touches my shoulder, if I were to where it straight. My texture… Read more »

KWL0711
KWL0711

I’ve always known this — at least since I’ve gone natural, but it just clicked over the past couple of months: I have several vastly different types of hair on my head, and because of that, I have to treat them all with distinct types of care. Applying that principle, and a whole lot of patience (something I needed more of, anyway…lol)I’m beginning to notice some progress. Finally! The satin scarf, satin pillow case, increased water intake, exercise, vitamins (particularly Biotin), and Daughters of Eve products are helping a little, too :-). I love this site, btw. Keep up the amazing… Read more »

Shamaia Veira
Shamaia Veira

I just don’t take care of my hair. I have been natural for sooo long and I am not consistent with my regimen. My hair grows fast but it breaks fast. I just leave it in a fro! I’m too lazy! When I use to straighten my hair it would grow faster and stay healthier. I don’t know why! But I have decided to love my hair no matter what length! Its just hair! I AM NOT MY HAIR!!

hyspin
hyspin
Reply to  Shamaia Veira

That is a healthier attitude then length obsession.

I know that I should be good with my length but my Curiosity (I want to see how far my hair will grow), Pride (to prove others wrong about my hair), Perseverance (it is now a goal and it is personal to much, time has been invested at this point) and my Body Beauty Ideal will not let me.

Lets see how dee the rabbit hole goes.
(_/)
(o.o)
(___)0

Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody
Reply to  hyspin

Haha! That looks like Totoro!

Dandelion

Right now i don’t have any length plateau that I know of. It seems that my hair has been growing rather nicely. I dont use a comb that often because it’s pretty futile. I can’t get it through my hair lol. I do have a lot of knots and tangles but I dont see any problems in the growth.…yet. *knocks on wood* I dont “protective style” other than wearing twists after I wash it.

Kaycee
Kaycee

My hair has been in the 4–7 inch length plateau for my entire life (almost 20 years now!) and I have been natural my entire life. I recently (a little over one year ago) started really taking care of my hair. But my hair had other plans and decided to all fall off. So currently I have about 1–2 inches on the edges of my hair and maybe 7in in the middle (the texture in the middle is also less coarse so it retains length better) It has been about 3 months since I was able to curb my breakage.…… Read more »

Antoinette
Antoinette

I agree that protein strengthens hair. My mom and I use a mayo, olive oil, coconut oil, honey conditioner. I find that it helps my hair a lot. When your don’t do for your hair it won’t do for you.

k
k

I am at the necklength plateau for about a year and I’m going into my 3rd year of being natural in May. I realise that I definitely need to incorporate more protective styling where my hair is rested and covered for longer than a month i.e. braids, weaves and I also need to pay extremely close attention to my ends especially in the back middle of my head. I intend to get to shoulder length unstretched by year’s end by keeping my hair in crochet braids, yarn braids and half wigs to pass this plateau..fingers crossed!

Esse

Any suggestion for stagnant locs? My hair has been shoulder length for about 2 years!! Why isnt it growing?

jaz
jaz

Ive been natural for about 2 years and I have about neckline/shoulder length hair. I have “4Z” hair lol so very tight coils, craves moisure and a TON of shrinkage. Lately, over the perhaps over the last few months, I’ve cut off using the blow dryer for my hair, have been using better moisture and sealing regimens and taking biotin, I’m starting to see noticeable growth. btw since ive been taking biotin regularly, ive been noticing my roots/new growth as being much thicker. When I first went natural, I was somewhat unsure what to do because my hair was so… Read more »

Leslie
Leslie

This is a fantastic article!!! I was just thinking about this the other day. I cut my hair about 6 1/2 months ago to less than an inch all round, and when I first embarked on this journey I had my supplements, oils, routine etc all down pat. Anyway about 2 months ago I decided to stop taking my hair, nail and skin vitamins, MSM and silica gel. I also stopped detangling in the shower with conditioner in my hair, I wasn’t sure is it was all helping. Most importantly I was not as gentle as I had been the… Read more »

Dawn
Dawn

this article came right on time. so far as i can tell my hair growth hasn’t been stagnated yet, but i have experienced some set backs as of this year. i’ve finally found a system that works, and it all has to do with consistency. i’ve been consistent about plaiting/twisting my hair at night and putting my satin tie on and moisturizing once daily. I tend to wear my hair in protective styles and purchased some safe hair pins for that purpose, and on the weekends- from thursday afternoon all the way til monday morning i leave my hair under… Read more »

Haircangrowlong
Haircangrowlong

My hair loves a routine and when i handle it gently.My plateau is in between SL and APl. I don’ t know exaxtly the length as i prefer taking pictures as opposed to measuring or stretching out the hair,so when i can do a better length check i will be able to adjust my routine accordingly.I agree with Dawn’s post :).

evadiva
evadiva

Enter this unique coupon code KAP753 when you shop at iherb.com.You can get $5–8 off your first purchase at iherb.com where you can buy affordable beauty products, natural products and much more. All brands available. Free delievery for all Usa orders over $20.00.

Natalee
Natalee

This is a sign that I need to go back to my protective styles. I’ve been trying to do the Cg method; and while I don’t use silicones, sulfates, etc., I don’t like wearing my hair down. Yup, back to those trusty twists and braids until I get over this plateau and my hair is on my waist!

mangomadness
mangomadness

I don;t think I’ve ever had a growth plateau. With that said, some of the techniques in this article help me lessen tangles/breakage and increase length retention–finger-combing/pre-conditioning,
washing hair twists.

Lee Lee
Lee Lee

Like many have already said, I think an important factor is knowing what your hair likes and doesn’t like, which can be very hard if you are a new natural or used to a certain routine. I have about the average growth rate, but my very fine, 4b, CBL, coils and curls make it appear as though no growth has occurred! Also I get tons of ssk… I’m like the queen of those bad boys lol! I tend to have my hair in protective styles the majority of the time i.e. kinky twist extensions.. but a few weeks back I… Read more »

deandra
deandra

my hair just sucks at growing 🙁 . i am trying to hold on but this twa has major shikage
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/120511–213108.jpg[/img]

JustLeavingaComment
JustLeavingaComment
Reply to  deandra

Just stick it out — you just started. I assure you it is growing. Don’t despair, it is only the 1st year phase, we all went through it 😉 In a year you will look back and be like…‘Wow! I guess it really was growing, despite the general appearance.’ Just mark my words.

Mar
Mar
Reply to  deandra

if you’re not feeling the twa or are feeling stagnant and sick of short hair. try some havana twists, senegelese twists! they add length AND are protective.

Cacey
Cacey

can someone suggest help for me in finding a good routine to get past APL with no setbacks this time? i tried doing a minitwist regimen. which was going good at first for about a week and a half. i was aiming for two weeks. but i kept finding that my frontmost hairs, which hang straight due to heat damage, would not stay in the twists, so i’d constantly have to redo them several times a day, whereas my hair in back would not unravel. eventually i gave up and took those down. i don’t think i have patience enough… Read more »

Cacey
Cacey
Reply to  Cacey

i forgot to add i’m trying to find a low manipulation style that would last me for at least a week at a time.

NewyorkLuv105
NewyorkLuv105

Dors anyone know why my hair is growing crazy long in the crown head I’m not angry but I want the back my hair to grow long my mom takes good care of my hair I use relaxers in my hair but it helps for growing hair the front and crown of my hair is about 10–12 inches seriously =D I bet after the school year is over the crown of my hair is going to be a 6–10 inches =)

Jodi
Reply to  NewyorkLuv105

Usually in the crown the hair tends to grow faster than the sides and the back due to genetics. Usually the crown grows faster by 1 inch or rarely sometimes by 2inches, faster than the sides and the back. The average person, regardless of race has hair that grows between 1/4–1/2 per inch each month. However, some people can get 1 inch to 2inches per month; however, it is EXTREMELY RARE! But no hun, the crown always grows faster than the sides and the back. My hair does the same thing, the crown of my head is 8 inches long,… Read more »

Ashley
Ashley
Reply to  Jodi

actually all my sides grow faster than my crown

trackback

[…] suggest reading this previous article on hair plateaus to know how to deal with […]

Sash
Sash

I am stuck at about 1inch from BSL! I love wash and gos but recently I have noticed LOTS of split ends and SSKs. My hair type is a fine 4A and I have a really curly s‑pattern that tends to attach to itself! Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/image-28.jpg[/img]

Bri
Bri

I’m not sure if this is normal, but I suffer from an inordinate amount of shedding when my hair is in stretched styles. I consider parts of my hair to range from 3c,4a and perhaps a bit of 4b. It is fine but very dense. Daily wash and go’s are not ideal b/c of knots , but twist outs, braid outs and styles of that kind tend to look ratty b/c of the shedding. PS. I just got a trim recently, before getting mini twists installed. Maybe that will help.

Jordan
Jordan

I find that as my hair grows my shrinkage does too. When stretched (by hand) my hair is at my collarbone but barely touches my ear in a braidout. It makes me think I have a plateau but my hair is constantly growing.

Dabney
Dabney

this is what is working for me.
1. Protective styling
2. Deep conditioning every week,
3. using castor oil in my LOC method application
4. Brushing only during wash days and on conditioner soaked hair
5. Tying my hair up with silk scarves and laying on satin pillow cases.
I have surpassed the point of hair that is constantly breaking to extremely healthy locks. I am looking forward to my goal of Shoulder length hair.

Aliyah Morrison
Aliyah Morrison

I’m almost a year natural in the awkward stage length and my hair is growing on average ( only the back is growing under average ) anyway my mom is almost two years natural and it seems her hair stop growing I’m past her now she is still in the twa stage . I think it’s because she is getting older and reached her terminal stage . I started to go natural young at 17 and haven’t reached my terminal length stage yet . I have no problems growing mines I try to give her tips but she won’t listen… Read more »

Aliyah Morrison
Aliyah Morrison

My goal now is shoulder length I have shoulder length hair only when flat ironed and it’s shrinks in its curly natural state to the bottom of my neck . I want it to touch my shoulders with shrinkage by next year .

Janaye
Janaye

Please help me someone! I have been natural for two years and my hair seems to have been the same length for the past year. I transitioned and cut all of my permed ends off then saw little growth and now nothing. When stretched my hair is past my shoulder; in its natural state just above my shoulders. I have 4a/4b s‑curls and coils. I usually just do wash and go’s because it’s simple but I used to twist my hair up every other night. In the past year I have flat ironed my hair once, braided twice and did… Read more »

Bad hair
Bad hair

My hair hasn’t griwn for about 3 years. I don’t dye it, use heat, or aggressively comb it. It genuinely looks completely crap. It’s around chin length. There is no particular curl pattern. The back is weirdly short. It shrinks to about 30% it’s length when wet. I’ve tried varied products, I think Ill give up and just have to accept I’m never gonna have hair that looks neat, sexy or particularly cool. I refuse to straighten it, or wear wigs so I’m pretty screwed.…

Adriannan Nonyo
Adriannan Nonyo
Reply to  Bad hair

Have you tried taking you needed vitamins, like iron. and have you tried to take hair growth vitamins?
Have you tried braiding and using protection styles?
how about moisturize it?

Angela Cooper
Angela Cooper

i literally don’t know how long my hair is. I’m thinking it could be SL or it could APL. It does hang a few inches from my shoulder. I have shrinkage and I don’t have the patience to straighten it to see its true length.