6 Vloggers With Great Styling Skills

Avatar • Feb 17, 2012

Ah, YouTube. Where you can get lost for hours clicking through dozens of styling videos. While there is a lot of YouTube goodness to be had, we wanted to highlight 6 natural hair vloggers whose videos keep us inspired to try new things with our hair.

FusionofCultures

Insanely creative with her hair, Laila-Jean (aka FusionofCultures) features many styles that are great for transitioners.

Our Favorite Video
T’n’C Curly Fro

Naptural85

Naptural85 is great at reworking days-old hair into amazing new looks.

Our Favorite Videos
How to Bantu Knot Out Natural Hair

Effortless Beach Waves

Next Page
Mimi
Mimi

I just found Simply Younique’s vlogs last night and I am so happy! We have pretty much the same type of hair, so I will be checking her vlog regularly. I am sure most naturals already follow Kimmay Tube, and if they don’t, they absolutely should!:)

Natalie
Natalie
Reply to  Mimi

Kimmay is not very inventive though is she? She is good for newbies who need inspiration and bite sized information, I followed her tips in my early days and they really helped, however she mostly does protective styles and she only seems to like twists I think the other YouTubers provide more styles. I’m not knocking Kimmay but I rarely go to her channel if I do it’s for length inspiration rather than styles.

Alexandra

WooHoo! lovin’ the list<3

Chantel

What?! No Charyjay? Im surprised, but this list has most of my favorites 🙂

Sequitta
Sequitta
Reply to  Chantel

I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING!!! In a perfect world, CharyJay would come to my house once a week to do one of those amazing protective styles!!!

Chantel
Reply to  Sequitta

Yes ma’am! lol And prettydimples is another favorite of mine, she has skills.

tiga
tiga

Prettydimples has amazing styles as well for those who are a little bit more agie with their hands

Amma Mama
Amma Mama

LAILA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MasukaM

I LOVE Simplyounique. There are many far more popular vloggers with really long hair, but she has genuine style and natural flair and has been vlogging right from the start. Perfect inspiration for the newly natural as she has a hairstyle for all lengths. Especially that in-between stage. Her progress really is impressive and is so inspiring. And, unlike many vloggers, she doesn’t preach the dos and don’t or pontificate her point of view, she only showcases hairstyles. That’s it.

latisha
latisha
Reply to  MasukaM

Oh how I love this chic!

NaturalCaramel

I love MsVcharles. I have WhoisSugar and Simply Younique on my favorites as well. these lovely ladies have helped me through the various stages of my transition to being natural. Much love to all of them.

MeowMix
MeowMix
Reply to  NaturalCaramel

Ditto MsVcharles homeskillet;). I think she’s WhoisSugar’s sister? Loved what she did w/ her TWA.

zyaran
zyaran
Reply to  MeowMix

Actually Whoissugar sister that is on youtube is “Karmbaby”.
But this is the video of them both together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV3GIfKeITI

and this is karmbaby directly site http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVnDnLJ5Vfs&feature=plcp&context=C318af0fUDOEgsToPDskIdQJPDPcBS8nrw7PND1MVT

MeowMix
MeowMix
Reply to  zyaran

Thanks. They favor each other.

Krys

I love Naptural85!!!!! Her hair is flawless and her videos are informative!!!

Siri
Siri
Reply to  Krys

OMG!!! I know. Her curls are amazing and I’ve worn many of her hairstyles on dates, family reunions, and even work functions. She is the queen for mon-protective hairstyles.

Can we do a list for ladies who aren’t natural but still have awesome hairstyle tutorials.

Tmi4me72
Tmi4me72
Reply to  Siri

Same here, I love the Espanza fro hairstyle that’s the I love to do myself. She believes in having nice curly fro and making it her own.

Lynn
Reply to  Krys

I follow Naptural85’s information/advice religiously! I like the fact that she doesn’t use NO heat on her hair and still achieves the same look. I find it hard to resist the temptation of the blow dryer, however I find my hair is becoming easier to manage w/o heat as long as I’m patient w/ it! Also, I enjoy watching SimplyYounique, CharJay, and CultureFusion w/ their protective styles. Those are some gifted women!!!

African Violet
African Violet

I love the spirit of both Naptural85 and Laila! I started my transition a year ago, and when I dicovered both of these women’s YT channels in the summer, it was at the right time. I was in that inbetween stage where I had a lot more natural roots than I’d ever remember having in my life, and seeing the styles they created was a cgood source of inspiration for me to push through the “Ugh!” phase.

WhoisSugar absolutely cracks me up, and I really like SimplYounique’s channel for how laidback she seems.

Lola
Lola

IKnowLee and MsToot7 (if I’m spelling her YT name right) are very creative as well.

mangomadness
mangomadness

iknowlee (www.youtube.com/user/iknowlee/featured)

Natalie
Natalie

How about Br0nzeqt she is so unobsessed with her hair length and rarely does protective styles, once my hair is out of plaits I’m following her style, she is great for chin length and shorter styles.
I love Who Is Sugar she cracks me up, Fusion of Cultures, Naptural, SimplYounique — more videos please.

Marcia
Marcia

I especially love Naptral85 and whouissugar (she is hillarious and so warm spirited)…seriously lately they have saved my hair style ruts, help me with styles that are “semi-protective”…in fact this morning at work my hair was a mess when I took my hat off and I did a mesh between the whoissugar’s Pocahontas style (on my natural non-straightened hair too!) and another recent style of Naptral85.

Angel
Angel

love love love Laila she’s like my imaginary bff

Alexandra
Alexandra

I love all the ladies feautered especially SimplYounique. I can relate to her the most. I’m still in my TWA (6″) stage. She inspired me do a protective style with flat twist on a TWA, Bantu knots, etc…

Rachel B
Rachel B

ive watched all of these ladies and im subcribe to all of them i love there channel. i get most of my inspired look from them or i just do there look with a twist i just love it!!
here is a picture of the Pocahontas style that who is sugar did but mine was on one day old washed hair that hadnt been stretched like hers but i like mine. 🙂
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/1492.jpg[/img]
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/1492.jpg[/img]

Rachel B
Rachel B
Reply to  Rachel B

wow this pic is way too big does anyone know how to make it smaller? lol

Marsha
Reply to  Rachel B

I think you should have shrunk it first before uploading. Dont know what computer you have, so sorry cant help. If its a Apple, you can click on your tools menu then it will take you to the resize menu.

hairscapades
Reply to  Marsha

Marsha, I’ve had the same thing happen to me … they didn’t use to look big, but old pics that I uploaded are now HUGE in the comments! It’s crazy. I don’t think that you can delete. But, if you go to preview, resize your pics to about 100–200 KB (yours are probably 1–3 MB) and re-upload. From what I can see, that style looks GORGEOUS on you though;)!! I loved it when I first saw it too!! Gonna have to give it a try on a casual weekend. Maybe this upcoming one.

Shelli

Marsha
Reply to  hairscapades

Shelli I think your comment was meant for the owner of photo which is Rachel B. her comment is above mine.

Jax
Jax
Reply to  Rachel B

Cute hairstyle!

MeowMix
MeowMix

I’m liking naturalbeautyqween. She’s got a mellow vibe and medium legnth hair. In her hair straightening video her flat iron ‘gently attacked’ her and her response was just priceless;)

Mariam Thiam
Mariam Thiam

One of my favorites in addition to Chescalocs (who I love!!) is Bronzegoddess01. She is a ball of energy and style!

Ms Lici

I didn’t know of all these YT’ers but I will definitely take a look around their pages for styling ideas. Thanks!

Jeanna
Jeanna

I have been inspired by most of the vloggers listed, and I can’t wait to check out the ones I hadn’t heard of until now. Wonderful post!

Kari
Kari

Rachel B! Girl, I know what your soul looks like from these pictures! Way too large, edit.

Georgiapeach
Georgiapeach

I love YTubers. Some I visit for style ideas, some for hair tips and others for inspiration on growth. I really like:

Hair crush
Long hair don’t care 2011
Glamtwinz334
Skillzgill
Leobodyc5
Mskinkykurly
Seemyhealthyhair
Naturalhairgrowth101

Ok, as you can see I need to step away from the computer…lol! But these ladies have helped and inspired me. Hopefully they’ll do the same for you.

Lynn
Reply to  Georgiapeach

Thx for the info GA Peach!! I’m subscribed to a few already, gonna check out the others that I haven’t discovered yet:-)

zyaran
zyaran

Mine that I like to view and get hair ideas from, and some that I’ve even tried.

Africanexport
Blakizbeautyful
160days2lose2 ~ aka charjay
Sunshower143
Prettydimples01
Destinygodley ~ for her makeup tutorials
Sistawithrealhair
ShamIamGlam
Longhairdontcarellc

zyaran
zyaran
Reply to  zyaran

ETA: Iamsonotmyhair is a good one as well.

Rosie

The only YTer i didn’t know is WhoisSugar and she is super fun. I’m subscribing now. Thanks everyone for all your comments. I love finding new youtubers. I guess I’ll be online for another hour checking out these new videos lol

trackback

[…] even allowed myself to do my natural hair over the weekend. Inspired by videos on Curly Nikki and BGLH on setting natural hair, I decided to do something to my natural hair (apart from the 1 million and […]

Licia
Licia

Perfect hair! Thank!

trackback

[…] YouTube and blogs are full of naturals with incredible styling skill. Start by mimicking the styles they do, then branch out and add your own twist. Many natural hair styling ‘gurus’ got their start by copying former gurus. The cycle of inspiration just keeps going 🙂 […]

trackback

[…] YouTube and blogs are full of naturals with incredible styling skill. Start by mimicking the styles they do, then branch out and add your own twist. Many natural hair styling ‘gurus’ got their start by copying former gurus. The cycle of inspiration just keeps going […]