China // Natural Hair Style Icon

Avatar • Dec 27, 2011

Introduce yourself!
C:
My name is China. I live in Germany with my family but I’m Nigerian. My family migrated to Germany years back. I’m a student at the moment. Germany is a very organized country sometimes too organized.… It’s good for families and it’s also very social.

What is the natural hair scene like in Germany?
C:
It’s uncommon to see black girls with natural hair in this country. It’s really sad because most of them don’t know and don’t believe their hair could look good when its natural. It was a challenge for me at first being natural while girls go around with their long wavy straight hair. But as time went by people started liking it.

Most black girls and also the Germans like my natural hair, they find it very interesting. But I found out that the black girls lack patience and see it as alot of work when it comes to growing out their natural hair. While some think the reason for my hair growth is only because of my genetics, which isn’t true.

Why did you go natural?
C:
I’ve been natural for about 1 year and 6 months after transitioning for 10 months. I always liked wearing my real hair out even when I was relaxed, but i grow up seeing every black girl wearing extensions so I thought I also had to wear extensions. One day I found a YouTube video with this lady wearing her natural hair and I loved it so much that I decided to go natural no matter what it took. I never looked back.

What’s your regimen?
C:
I wash my hair once every week or sometimes every two weeks. I deep condition every time I wash my hair with Garnier Fructis Oil Repair deep conditioner or Dove Total Repair mixed with olive oil and honey, this mix works wonders. Then I do a twist out or braid out. In winter I often wear protective hairstyles because I’m too lazy to do a lot to my hair and because of school.

Where do you buy your products?
C:
In any grocery shop.

What would you like to see in Germany in terms of haircare?
C:
I’d like Germany to have more natural hair products bacause you can’t find any of them over here.

Is there a blog/webpage where we can find you?
C:

Home Daycare

Very pretty girl. I love your pictures, and your hair is so thick. Nice.

Amma Mama
Amma Mama

She’s gorgeous.

Cami

Gorgeous 🙂

Bermary
Bermary

I’m also in Germany and she is so right. Things are really hard to get here. All the products I’ve found are full of chemicals that I don’t want in my hair. Or it’s all relaxers…

Stevie
Stevie

I am nigerian and since when are Nigerians known for having long hair due to “their genetics.” Lol. People will do anything to discredit a black woman who has healthy hair. She has beautiful hair because she takes good care of her hair. It’s such an easy concept to understand.

Joy
Joy
Reply to  Stevie

Genetics can definitely play a part in it. That is definitely not the case in my own situation (also a Nigerian), but I know plenty of other Nigerians who naturally have long hair and it seemingly runs in the family. I’m just resting on hope that my hair will see those kind of lengths through taking good care of it. 🙂

Larissa

Hey ‚wie geht es dir ?:)

this are some great online shops for natural hair product for black hair. And Aubrey Organics Products are great and you can buy them by amazon.

Germany is a very organized country sometimes too organized….”

XD Talking like my husband, he is also nigerian. LOL

CheriKiss
CheriKiss
Reply to  Larissa

OMG! thaaaaaank you so much!
i’m also nigerian and a natural having difficulties with getting products for my hair.

Larissa
Reply to  CheriKiss

Happy u like it 🙂

tatiana

BEAUTIFUL girl, and beautiful hair! I moved to Germany in September, and I brought a ton of American products with me, because I’d heard of the product drought here. I’ll still be ordering Shea butter online, but this girl gives me hope that my hair will survive here (without spending a ton of money on online products!).

lexdiamonz
lexdiamonz

GERMANY stand up!!! LOL thank GOD i work for the government and have access to the base where they have a better (not good) selection hair products on the “economy” are almost non existent for women of color but they are coming around which is surprising considering the amount of mixed race children here… the WATER in Germany is the most horrible thing to deal with for me … but ON TOPIC her hair is BEAUTIFUL…

Sam
Sam

Wow this girls gorgeous!! Ive already subscribed to her YouTube page! Black girls reppin in Germany:)

Lin
Lin

Ach, eine Frau aus Deutschland! Toll!
Wie ist Deutschland so? Ist es nett?
Ich habe so viele Fragen! Ich werde Deutschland besuchen, hoffentlich.
Tut mir leid für mein schlechtes Deutsch; ich gehabt nur zwei Jahre vom Hochschule Deutsch.

Larissa
Reply to  Lin

Wirklich nur 2 Jahre?
Mein Mann ist fast 8 Jahre schon hier und hat noch nicht so gute Deutschkenntnisse 😉

africanbeauty
africanbeauty
Reply to  Lin

hahahaha.mach dir kein kopf lin,dein Deutsch ist nicht schlecht.ich finde die leute ok.mache sind wirkleicht nett und manche auch total mies.es kommt auch drauf an wo du wohsnt,beispeil ich wohne in berlin und hier sind veile nationalitäten,wir kommen irgendwie klar miteinader.ich war in beilifeld und hats mir nicht gefallen weil die Leute nicht so nett waren.mache haben mir so blöd angeglotz weil ich schwarz bin.so ist es.

Petula

Beautiful, beautiful hair! I’ve never had such thickness or length naturally. I’ve had waist-length locks, but I’m trying to get a certain length before I lock again.

JaneinMarch
JaneinMarch

I used to live in Wiesbaden, and there was a store downtown there called Spinnrad. They have lots of natural products — essential oils, carrier oils, beeswax and so on.

Sieta

She’s gorgeous! I love how simple her reggie is and how she makes use of what is available to her.

Valerie

China’s hair looks lovely and I love her simple regime. Well Done China!

Onceuponatime
Onceuponatime

Lovely!

Marylin

Such a beautiful woman! You can really see the care she takes in managing her hair. “Most black girls and also the Germans like my natural hair, they find it very interesting. But I found out that the black girls lack patience and see it as alot of work when it comes to growing out their natural hair.” I agree . It’s unfortunate that there’s a lack of patience from so many Black women when it comes to our hair in a natural texture. The way I look at it: we didn’t come out of the womb knowing how to straighten… Read more »

trackback

[…] seeing this lovely girl on Black Girl Long Hair, I decided to do more research. Maybe it’s because I can understand […]

Elisha
Elisha

I’m also in Germany and always searching for products on the economy. I too have access to the base, but I have better luck with my oils off base. Sunflower, grapeseed and jojoba oils were all in my local stores. Has anyone tried The Honeycomb in KTown? I havent gone but their specialization is natural hair. I think they also sell many of the products popular in the states too.

trackback

[…] Style Icon China […]

Shauna

kowi chleb. Czy owo zgodno?? z rzeczywisto?ci??

- Prawdziwo?? — Shauna
potwierdzi? m?odzian. W odmiennej nieprzyjemnej sytuacji
echo nie przynios?o mu
skromnej frajdy. — Oto, czego chc?, Józefie. Owe tak honorowe znajduje si? dla ciebie
pi?cio monet. Musisz mi stwierdzi? (o guzik wielkiego
ci? nie inwituj?), musisz mi
stwierdzi?, jakie znaki, urok, zakl?cia zrobi? niekonwencjonalny Prorok, tak aby z tych kilku
twoich chlebów pows.

Lorrie

Thank you, I have recently been looking for information about this subject
for ages and yours is the best I have discovered
so far. However, what about the conclusion? Are you certain about the supply?

Blaine