Our customers have discovered a wide range of uses for our body butters aside from simple moisture. Here are some of the most interesting we’ve come across!
1. For professional massage. Our body butters are used in many professional massage therapy practices because they melt and absorb upon contact with skin. Many massage therapists find this preferable to oils, which can slide on top of the skin.
“I’m a massage therapist & esthetician whose clients can’t get enough of “unconventional massage creams” (aka Lemon Cream). 🙌🏾” — Jaemi G.
Lemon Cream Blended Butter (Almond Oil Free)$7.00 – $90.00
2. For, um, intimate encounters 🍑
For some couples, the scent of our body butters is as an aphrodisiac. We’ve gotten emailed reviews mentioning the use of our butters in, um, pre-smash activities. And we’ll just leave it at that…
“I love this whipped cocoa butter for my body for every season. Moisture for days, and my husband loves the way it leaves me smelling.” — Angela on Whipped Cocoa Butter
Whipped Cocoa Butter$7.00 – $90.00
3. To heal tattoos during the peeling stage. Time and again we’ve heard that our butters are amazing at healing fresh tattoos! Melanie G. submitted this review + photo.
“I had recently gotten a new tattoo and once it was in the peeling stage I started using one of the butters on it. It was like a dream, it made the tattoo soft and supple and really brought out the colors. A few days ago I ran into the tattoo artist and he looked at the tat and asked me what I was using on it, I told him and he said it looked really good and for me to keep using the butters.”
4. To lift the skin of the breasts. Now listen… we know that shea butter increases skin elastacity and boosts collagen production, but customer Blanch said the effect was so intense she considered it a mini breast-lift!
“Are you aware that your whipped shea butters nourish the breasts? Well, at least, my “semi-aged” boobies were rejuvenated!! Honestly, even I couldn’t believe what I was literally seeing. No joke!!! I’m very serious. My magnificent feminine life nourishing organ was, how can I say this well, “slightly deflating.” LOL! A lot of people attribute aging to this occurrence. (Ha! ha!) But your creams have significantly made a difference. Thank you!”
5. To heal severe sunburn. Customer Lauren J. shared this review alongside photos documenting the healing of her severe sunburn.
“Hello! I just wanted to share my unbelievable results with you! I got badly sunburned on my shoulder on 6/27/2021. I used Rose Blended Butter, Vanilla Whipped Shea Butter, and Lavender Whipped Shea Butter interchangeably twice a day since then and my burn is gone! There is a small scar there but I am certain a few more days of use and that will be gone too! I am in awe of your products and just couldn’t believe how it healed my burn! These are my results after only three weeks!”
6. To flatten post-surgery scars. Customer Sharese submitted this review;
“I had a tummy tuck and decided to start using the Orange Creamsicle Whipped Shea Butter on my scar once my stitches dissolved. As an African American woman, I am prone to darkening and keloids. This product has worked WONDERS in lightening and flattening my scar. It goes on smooth so I don’t have to apply much pressure to this sensitive area. Thank you very much for this product!”
Orange Creamsicle Whipped Shea Butter$7.00 – $90.00
7. As a moisturizer for cancer survivors. Many cancer survivors are extremely mindful of what they put on their body, and rightfully so! Our butters have become an option they can rely on to be clean, safe and effective. Here’s a review from Marlena;
“Keep up the good work! I’ll certainly be suggesting you to friends and other cancer survivors and chemo patients on my IG (wonderwomenfight). I’m a cancer survivor and I began chronicling my journey and suggesting clean products for women like me. Your unscented products are perfect for chemo patients. Thank you for your amazing product!”
Body butter is simply amazing!