How Did You Find Out About BGLH Marketplace and Why Did You Buy?

Avatar • Jul 27, 2018

We are surveying our customers in an effort to make our marketing and advertising more effective. Please complete the survey to let us know how you discovered BGLH Marketplace.

(This is only for customers. If you haven’t purchased anything from us, please do not vote. Ooorrr, you could buy something real quick and then vote 😉 )

As thanks for completing this survey enter SURVEY5 at checkout to get $5 off your next order of $9 or more!

~Leila

How did you discover BGLH Marketplace (please vote only if you have purchased from us)

View Results

Loading ... Loading …

Why did you give our products a try?

View Results

Loading ... Loading …
Malissa Lambert
Malissa Lambert
1 year ago

In reference to the survey question how did I find out about your company, I believe it was from a vlogger. Not sure which one. I am a natural hair girl and I was looking for products.

Chantel Mercadante
Chantel Mercadante
1 year ago

I started using your product as soon as I saw it on instagram. I was never a fan of synthetic products and your butters are the truth I absolutely love them I keep in my fridge to keep fresh. My skin from hair to toe glows thank you for your product

Barbara Felton-Wilson
Barbara Felton-Wilson
1 year ago

In reference to Question #1 I believe that I read about bglh-marketplace through an article about y’all in either Curly Nikki or Naturally Curly. I think that was all that I was reading about natural hair at that time.

Cheryl D Tucker
Cheryl D Tucker
1 year ago

I was researching another black owned business and BgLh came across my screen. I had used Shea butter before so I was interested in trying it. I have made one purchase in the past and was very pleased with the product. I used it to retwist my locs along with a natural setting spray. I was very pleased with the results. I need to put it in my budget for this month.

Briana
Briana
1 year ago

To answer question #2, I remember you announcing on your bglh blog that you were launching your own business and I had to support. I bought several of your products which I still love to this day. My favorite butter is Vanilla Shea Butter. It smells so good. I’m proud of the progress you and your business has made. Now, I need to just visit Brooklyn and check out your store. Thank you. 😊

Ri Ri
Ri Ri
1 year ago

I found out about your hair products because I used to read your BGLH blog posts on fashion, culture, and social justice. I miss having access to those articles. They were beautiful inspiring and I wish you still had them available for people to read even though you’re no longer producing new pieces. I started using the whipped shea butter because I was in need of a new product and you had great reviews.

Brittney
Brittney
1 year ago

I found out about the website because I was looking for advice on my natural hair journey. I loved the articles and stumbled upon your wonderful business. I am in full support of black owned businesses and I was in need of getting rid of the chemical based products in my home. I wanted to improve my skin and feel good about the products I was putting on my 4 year olds body and hair. Your product was the answer and I am loving the results! Thank you!

Shana
1 year ago

I followed BGLH and heard about the product and wanted to support Layla’s efforts in this new venture.

Natalie
Natalie
1 year ago

I discovered BGLH Marketplace years ago. I’d just transitioned to natural hair and needed help on how to care for my hair.

Cleo D Murphy
Cleo D Murphy
1 year ago

I have been following black girl long hair for years. I used to read the blog regularly. I just the website & the creator.

Michelle Dukes
Michelle Dukes
1 year ago

I loved the whipped Shea butter with the nice fragrances as well as the prices. Only thing I was disappointed with was shipping of the order.Took too long I completely forgot I ordered it when the package finally arrived.

S Hardaway
S Hardaway
1 year ago

In reference to the survey questions I found your product and tried it because it was in a subscription box I receive monthly.

Lee Eden
Lee Eden
1 year ago

I followed BGLH for years and wanted to support this new venture.

Conjesa
Conjesa
1 year ago

Just purchsed and I can’t wait to receive my products!
Only suggestion for the company I have at this time would be to offer additonal scents if at all possible. Things like stress relief scents (eucalyptus) or sleep scents (a mix of chamomile and lavender ) or scents like rose would be fantastic.
All in all keep up the good work!

Chinyere Etufugh
1 year ago

I found the site after doing a long search about black owned body butter and skincare line. My sons have ezcema and I am noticing changes in my skin after turning 40. I wanted a line that will be gentle yet moisturizing for my children. I am hoping this product will meet our needs

lyricdagoddess
lyricdagoddess
1 year ago

I just started using Shea butter about a year and a half ago. Iv been buying from a company called clean glow, and love it. I ran out and their website is on hiatus so I googled whipped Shea butter and saw this company, after exploring the website your prouduct design speaks to me, I enjoy supporting black owned businesses and knowing you have a store front in Brooklyn is great because I’m a Brooklyn girl. I have yet to try your prouduct but the extensive range of butters in different scents and the availability of black soap almost certainly… Read more »

Candace Johnson
Candace Johnson
1 year ago

I discovered BGLH Marketplace when it was just a blog and a place to get info on how to grow black hair long. I’ve always loved the blog and was happy to see it transition to an online market and physical storefront. I’ve been using African black soap for a long time as it helps with acne, but I’ve been using commercialized versions. I was looking for a more organic and affordable option and remembered that BGLH Marketplace had some, so I figured I’d give it a try. I can’t wait to receive it and try it out!

slredd2013
slredd2013
1 year ago

I came across your company when reading net articles related to 4c type hair to refresh recipies for my own yearly homemade project of shea butter gifts. Love the fact that you are black owned and I can purchase some of my supplies from you.

unekab
unekab
1 year ago

I really wanted something as natural as possible to nourish my skin & im so happy I found you! Can’t wait to try all the samples I ordered for store pick up.

ilea1500
ilea1500
1 year ago

Anxiously waiting to try my new butters! I’m impressed at the 3 day shipping as well

ev_70
ev_70
1 year ago

I’m always looking for nice facial moisturizers. I walked by the store and wanted to try it so I bought a small amount. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!

carol.johnson410
carol.johnson410
1 year ago

I saw the whipped Shea butters advertised on Facebook. I mentioned the product to my son and he gifted the Lavender whip to me for Christmas last year. I was blown away! It is the only product that soothes my extremely dry skin. Then I tried it on my hair. Heaven! Thank you so much. It’s the only product that satisfies my needs.

alicia.lewis76
alicia.lewis76
1 year ago

I found out about you all’s products via Instagram. Definitely looking forward to trying out the product once it arrives.

sharonriggins
sharonriggins
1 year ago

I found you on Etsy as I was searching for pure body butters. I searched your site and discovered samples I really wanted to try. I am so excited to receive them.

nancystockdale
nancystockdale
1 year ago

I am not sure how I first learned about your products — probably instagram. However, I had a great email exchange with you back in the summer, and I decided to wait until cooler weather to order, as well as until I moved. Now I’ve finally ordered and I“m so excited! 🙂 Thank you!