[Pic] Love & Hip Hop Atlanta’s Tammy Rivera Rejects “Good Hair” With an Afro Reveal

Avatar • May 11, 2016

Star of Love & Hip Hop, fashion designer and wife to rapper Waka Flocka Flame, Tammy Rivera-Malphurs posted a photo of her natural hair to Instagram with the following caption:
“#PhuckBeckyWithTheGoodHair lol!”

The star has also been known to rock the occasional set of box braids.

tammy rivera braids 213181514_236283870076155_2050730066_n

Looking good, Tammy!

Tanaquil
Tanaquil

If you’re not going to wear your natural hair out at least as much as you wear weaves, lace fronts, and tracks, then please have a seat. I’m so sick of celebs coming out with these reveals, like when Beyonce showed off her short cut for 5 pictures then went right back to the long blonde weaves. Sorry, but I’m not here for it. There’s a lot of women out there who don’t have a head full of hair and seeing a celeb they look up to reveal their natural hair then go back to hiding it under weaves just… Read more »

NapturallyNesey
NapturallyNesey
Reply to  Tanaquil

its their choice if they want to wear weaves/wigs. The extensions don’t make them any less natural. And with the kind of jobs they do, it makes sense to wear wigs and protect their hair from what the media requests of them. And to be honest why do you care if they wear extensions? Its not your hair. If you don’t like them, don’t wear them. Don’t judge people who live a different lifestyle than you do.

Aieomi
Aieomi

That is NOT a Afro.

DON
DON
Reply to  Aieomi

So what is it? It’s clearly an afro with some straight sections that must be the parts of her hair that she leaves out for her sew ins.

DON
DON
Reply to  Aieomi

So what is it? It’s clearly an afro with some straight areas that must be the parts of her hair that she leaves out for her weaves.

Aieomi
Aieomi
Reply to  DON

Afro: a thick hairstyle with very tight curls that sticks out all around the head, like the natural hair of some black people”, verbatim from the dictionary. What she has on her head is not a Afro. It’s more of uncombed freshly unravelled braids. I’d expect bglh writers to know this!

Animated Moi
Animated Moi
Reply to  Aieomi

thank you! it looks more like damaged hair to me.

Dee
Dee

with all these click baits…yall need to cut it.

Aisha
Aisha

Don’t understand y she doesn’t wear her own hair out all the time.

Tanaquil
Tanaquil

I’ve got a right to share my opinion just like you’ve got a right to share yours. And I’ll judge all I want, thank you. The article was posted for a reason.

liberianwoman
liberianwoman

I’m not understanding, does BGLH want us (readers) to celebrate the young woman for wearing her God given hair?

Tren44444
Tren44444

All hair is beautiful. All of us black women are beautiful, and all the different races, and ethnicity groups, are beautiful also. Diversity is beautiful. I am straight I am not gay, I don’t have Any problem with gay people, or Anything Against gay people. People Are People, if a person or, people are a good person or good people that’s all that matters. I am a young 100% black woman, I wear my natural hair. I don’t have no perm in my hair, or no hair weaves, or hair extensions. My natural hair is very, very, very very, thick… Read more »