Beyonce Formation Dancer Breaks the Internet With Viral Whining Video

Avatar • May 4, 2016

Remember when we highlighted the incredibly talented 30 dancers from Beyonce’s “Formation” in February? Well, we’ve been keeping tabs on these ladies and found dancer, Ahsia Janaé (@fierceninja) breaking the internet with her flawless melanin and bomb dancehall moves.
fierceninja dancehall
Watch as Ahsia shows us how it’s done to Drake’s dancehall track “One Dance” (which is currently charting #1 in the US) off his newly released album, “Views.”

If Drake makes a video for “One Dance”, he definitely needs to cast her in it!

WORK.

About Rinny

Texan by birth, Los Angeleno by situation. Lover of Tame Impala and Shoegaze music. Comedian by trade. Macaroni and Cheese connoisseur by appetite.

Itumeleng

Yet another twerker or ‘whiner’. I swear that is the only thing that black women are known for nowadays. Its really unbecoming. Black women complain about stereotypes about being hyper-sexualized but they are the first ones in skimpy outfits behaving like strippers.

Shameful.

thatuptowncat37
thatuptowncat37
Reply to  Itumeleng

ALL over the place.…..Instagram, Facebook, Periscope.…the list goes on and onnn

Itumeleng

Exactly. Its all over, even in photos, black women are posing ass first. Black women have always been great, I have no idea where this trend to lead with the ass first comes from. I just don’t get it. Its time for black women who oppose this nonsense to speak up.

Saran
Saran
Reply to  Itumeleng

I couldn’t have said it better, thank you.

Reply to  Saran

Glad we’re on the same page 🙂

Empress Sundiata
Empress Sundiata
Reply to  Itumeleng

In the midst of all the black girl magic in the air (especially recently) and you really fixed your face to say that’s all we are known for? Last time I checked black women/girls have been getting into Ivy Leagues, breaking records in the music industry, redefining limiting beauty ideals, being the fastest growing population of small business owners, among like a million other things… oh and we can whine and twerk! So what?! Twerking or not twerking doesn’t make you better than anyone. Also the woman is dancer, so she’s dancing. You sound so basic.

Lolalao
Lolalao

Yes!!! I’m so happy for all of them! Did you hear about the 11 yr old with her lemonade? It’s going to be sold at select wholefoods for now.

BullshytSlayer
BullshytSlayer
Reply to  Itumeleng

When did our CULTURE become stripper like, dear? Don’t believe the hype. Our people were dancing like this centuries before it became a trend and much longer before it started being associated with sex. Get to know your culture and heritage and do some research on where these dances and the costumes originate. These dances were ritualistic and celebratory, now people want to label it as slutty and unbecoming. Re-evaluate why that is.

Reply to  BullshytSlayer

Look, I am Southern African, no one, especially a Westerner can lecture me on what ritualistic African dances are. Then again Africa is a vast continent, we are not a monolith. Having said that though, in my culture it would be considered ‘slutty’, the gyrating etc. Its undignified and indeed unbecoming for a woman to do that. We do dance in a way that includes our hips and butts, but I feel that the African American ‘twerking’ or Caribbean ‘whining’ is extremely slutty way for a woman to dance. Likewise the dancehall dance where women gyrate against a man’s crotch.… Read more »

lily
lily
Reply to  Itumeleng

When ever you state “no one, especially a westerner can lecture me” it is in poor taste for you to put down someone in that way. Are you saying you are more knowledgeable about the entire continent of Africa because you are from there? As you said, in your culture it would be considered “slutty” but that is just your culture, not other African cultures. And honestly, if you want to speak for every single person in your culture, by all means try and catch yourself looking foolish. For many cultures such as hatian, jamaican and many african cultures, hip movement… Read more »

Lolalao
Lolalao
Reply to  lily

Well said!

Reply to  lily

You contradict yourself all over the place I hardly know where to start. On one hand you acknowledge that I am indeed African and have authority on what I speak,( and that is large parts of Southern Africa ie Botswana South Africa Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Zambia) On another I am viewing it through a Eurocentric lens? Make up your mind. In a poor attempt to refute my point, do you speak for all Caribbeans yourself? Or all African cultures? You do NOT. I am African born and raised and have stated factually that we do not dance in a… Read more »

lily
lily
Reply to  Itumeleng

If you care that much of what “outsiders” (what ever that means) think of you, you have far more work to do within yourself then you realize. And, I would like to be known for far more then my sexy butt, my melanted skin and my beauty… above everything I want to be known for uplifting my people and using my brains for the better.
Good luck to you.

Reply to  lily

You might want to humble your own self by reading what I said before. I have said that yes we use our hips to dance and sway with our waists etc, and I have never denied it has roots in Africa. Where we disagree is where Africans bend over to shake their rump invitingly like an animal waiting to be mounted by another. Also the simulated sex acts of gyrating on a man’s crotch is indeed a vulgar Caribbean thing. Its disgusting, and uncouth. Of course y’all come from Africa, but like your patois languages that have roots in African… Read more »

Lolalao
Lolalao
Reply to  Itumeleng

She’s a professional dancer! What the heck is wrong with you. If she were white you wouldn’t open your mouth or move a thumb. How can’t you see she’s apparently working? You don’t know where her talent can take her! Apparently it seems far.

Loveothers4ever
Loveothers4ever
Reply to  Lolalao

I agree. Would she say the same thing if they were white women?I’ve seen plenty of white women on Youtube dancing worse than this and with barely any clothes on!!!

Itumeleng

And that’s the problem with black people. You deflect the issue and constantly talk about whites. I don’t give a rat’s ass about what white women do, but I do give a damn about women who look like me who I am then lumped into the same category as. And that is rump shaking stripper types or twerkers. I distance myself because I care about my image and what I am associated with. Pity you don’t.

thaljay
thaljay
Reply to  Itumeleng

As much as i agree to your sentiment where online it is done for sexual attention.… regards to african dancing… how many african countries have you been to? I am an african and I have been to 20. I can tell you the igbo and and okrika dances to name a few have shaking of buttocks as the main dance, initially I was uncomfortable with it when I attended a ceremony being I am south african too and we do not do it, however I found they take pride in their cultures and do not see it sexually and it is… Read more »

thaljay
thaljay

Cynthia
Cynthia
Reply to  Itumeleng

Like strippers ?? Don’t you know that “whining” is in the Caribbean/African culture ? Know black culture better and acknowledge the difference between it and how “white” culture see it.

Milos Mom
Milos Mom
Reply to  Itumeleng

Check yourself. She is not on the street twerking on some random guy. She is obviously a trained dancer on a photo shoot of sorts.

Lolalao
Lolalao
Reply to  Milos Mom

Stevie wonder could see the professional dancer is at work. Some ppl are beyond irritating… She just wanted to be negative. How can’t she see that ppl appreciate and celebrate such beautiful rich culture. It was tastefully done..

kia
kia

#TELLUSWHYOUMADTHO

Loveothers4ever
Loveothers4ever
Reply to  Itumeleng

How can you ignore the hypersexualized white women seen in media daily? Watch YouTube and you will see these Russian twerk videos, millions of views! These women are dressed like whores!!! This woman is clearly on a photoshoot and shes dancing. Why does that make you uncomfortable? African people like you are always ready to put down other cultures, especially other black cultures! SHAME ON YOU!!

pomegranateicecream
pomegranateicecream
Reply to  Itumeleng

but what exactly is wrong with it? stop slut shaming because she’s proud of showing her body. there is nothing wrong with people who dress modestly and there is nothing wrong with people who dress with lesser clothing.

Zaire Krieger
Zaire Krieger
Reply to  Itumeleng

Just because you are African does not mean you can dictate all blacks culture. Wining does have a rich history in the caribs, and every island has a different way of doing it. This is the culture of the blacks in the caribs, and just as much as we can respect your culture as a South African, you should respect ours. In our culture being ‘topless in front of the King’ as the zulu’s do is found to be inappropriate. Do we call Zulu women slutty just because its slutty to OUR standards? No. Because we realise the cultural significance… Read more »

JUBBAH
JUBBAH

AMAZING.

CozyVon
CozyVon

Her movements have millennia-old roots in African culture, please don’t get that twisted with this current, simplified pseudo-MTV mess that’s been appropriated by wypipo all of a sudden. To each her own, but I don’t see anything wrong with her self-expression… as a matter of fact, she’s dam GOOD at it & her body is amazing–she’s my new fitness inspiration!

Lolalao
Lolalao
Reply to  CozyVon

Miley Cyrus will try this and fail or they’ll do a class on it..lol

CozyVon
CozyVon
Reply to  Lolalao

Too late–she already failed miserably & didn’t even realize it, LOL

Grace Walker
Grace Walker

the only thing that you need to understand is wining is the correct spelling not whining.. understand the meaning and look it up. whining is making a crying sound. wining a word used in Caribbean dialect, is the ability to wine.. or gyrate or twirl your body in a rotating and sexually suggestive fashion. Too many people, even some Caribbean people, spell the word wrong. But now you know. Please change your title to “wining”

Michelle M Walker
Michelle M Walker
Reply to  Grace Walker

wish I could vote this up a million times! I was seriously wondering what issues she was having to whine about!

kia
kia

slay me queen

Cosita
Cosita

If you are saying there is and has never been a sensual component to any traditional African dances I don’t believe you. I performed in a belly dance troupe for years. We did several types of bd. I saw belly dancers when I visited North Africa and some of the moves my group did was similar to this woman. Is someone likeShakira dancing with bells jiggling across her ass which is part of her culture also shameful? Probably not because she’s not black. I know what the woman in the video is doing is not easy. Not just any old… Read more »

Reply to  Cosita

Ok well note that North Africa is not the real Africa, those women are Arab, NOT black. If anything they are part Arab and part Black. Besides belly dancing is a more respected form of dancing.Its also common throughout the Middle East and India. Its sensual without the slutty looking ‘twerking’ or bouncing one’s rump like an animal on heat. I would sign up for a belly dancing class. That is an art form that teaches one to move one’s waist in measured and sensual ways that require great skill. They are great for trimming the waist. Now compare that with the… Read more »

justtwo post
justtwo post

I’ve definitely seen plenty of music videos with african people twerking… I don’t know if you’re lying, in denial, if I’m just misunderstanding what you’re saying (are you talking about a specific part of Africa?), or if you simply don’t know what’s going on in your own continent… I saw Femi Kuti live a while back in Brooklyn and not only were his dancers dancing and wining in a sexual way (and half-naked), but he straight up told the audience about how African people were comfortable with being sexually expressive with their dance from a young age. Twerking and wining… Read more »

Reply to  justtwo post

Madam I have already explained to you above that your black American and Caribbean culture comes from West Africa, which is fine. But how come descendants of other West Africans ie in South America don’t have these cultures ways of dancing? I’m just wondering. Yes I made it clear that in Southern Africa and East Africa, this twerking nonsense does not exist. I have many friends from East Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, Eritrea etc and no they don’t twerk. Where I am from, South Africa, Botswana lesotho, Namibia, Malawi, Angola, Swaziland, Zimbabwe Zambia, Mozambique etc etc… Read more »

justtwo post
justtwo post

and PLEASE calling someone “out of the loop” when you’re still pushing bllshite stereotypes about black Americans? http://racerelations.about.com/od/diversitymatters/a/Four-Myths-About-Black-Marriage.htm “By analyzing census data Toldson and Marks found that 83 percent of married black men who earned at least $100,000 annually got hitched to black women. The same is the case for educated black men of all incomes. Eighty-five percent of black male college graduates married black women. Generally, 88 percent of married black men (no matter their income or educational background) have black wives.” “Toldson and Marks found that 75 percent of black women marry before they turn age 35 after examining… Read more »

Zizzle
Zizzle

DAMN!!!

CozyVon
CozyVon

Sweetheart, what is “shameful,” as you so eloquently put it, is SUBJECTIVE. You want to put your South African traditional dance up on a pedestal over Carribean & African ‑American derivatives of traditional dance–but with South African dances’ hip/butt gyrating & breast exposure, someone could argue that THAT’S sexually explicit. So you might want to fall back from being so quick to judge. Furthermore, how are you questioning someone else’s authority because they don’t agree with you & accusing them of speaking for their whole group—yet in the same breath, you call YOURSELF an authority on S. African culture? Is THAT… Read more »

Cosita
Cosita
Reply to  CozyVon

” with South African dances’ hip/butt gyrating & breast exposure, someone could argue that THAT’S sexually explicit. So you might want to fall back from being so quick to judge.” Yes. Exactly. How many countless photos have we seen with black African women from centuries past and present day who were topless. And I have seen photos of South African women from Khosian topless as well. Does she not realize that much of the world would consider this “undignified” and “illegal” and a Westen woman would be jailed for indecent exposure if she did that. Yet she judges what this woman… Read more »

Reply to  Cosita

You’re talking rubbish now woman. There is no way you can compare the intrusion of Western people taking photos of Khoisan women in their natural habitat in the Kalahari desert with that of slutty dances of Western black women that INVITE the glare of the media. You see, that is where the reasoning of black women like you borders on childish. Dances like what this woman is doing ia attention whoring in its most extreme form. The fact that you fail to draw a reasonable parallel comparison of these two scenarios means you can’t contextualize things like a thinking person.… Read more »

Cosita
Cosita
Reply to  Itumeleng

Wow. Do you live in La La? You are totally clueless if you blame black women in the west for starting the sexualization of black women. That originated there in Africa when white men arrived feeling entitled to whatever they wanted. My comparison was to show no matter WHY a black woman is topless be she Khosian or Jamaican it’s all labeled the same “uncivilized behavior” to those brainswashed by white Western society. Black people have always been portrayed as being loose sexually true or not. And yes it goes for modern day Africans too. Why do you think the… Read more »

Reply to  CozyVon

Ah you see, I have already said the women of Swaziland and the Zulu have reed dances where the women are topless. But that is because breasts are not sexual things to Africans in the South. When Europeans arrived did they turn the breast, meant to nourish and feed the baby the baby become offensive part of the body to be put away and covered. I am not saying we used to walk around topless, women back then did cover up. Its not a coincidence that the buttocks are the most sexual part that attracts the male of our race, the… Read more »

Rose
Rose

I agree with the “leading with the ass first” beauty standard for black women. It is degrading.

KayDiva Yoceph
KayDiva Yoceph

Wow this so out of there for me you need to calm down take a breath. It has so may more important things to QUARREL ABOUT , YOU CHOOSE TO PUT DOWN A FELLOW SISTER DOING HER THING , WHICH IS DANCING!!!!!! FYI I am from Trinidad and Tobago so I speak for West Indians we dance and express ourselves through dance whether you call it wining or twerking. It has a time and place for everything and the time for her to dance like that was at the shoot. You make a big deal out of nothing. Like you… Read more »

Reply to  KayDiva Yoceph

I am not putting anyone down. I am stating that in my opinion and culture, it is a disgusting way to dance and apparently express yourself as a woman. Have some dignity. Majority of black women in the world wouldn’t dance like this. Just because your Caribbean culture is being brought to the forefront via Nicki Minaj and Rihanna does NOT mean the rest of us regard that way of dancing as ‘dancing’. It is vulgar. Period. Most cultures in the world would agree, from the Arabic world, to Asia to Europe to to most of Africa. Women do NOT… Read more »

Itumeleng

I care when black women like you co-sign fuckery of other black women that makes all of us so called ‘melanated’(whatever the hell that means) look bad.

Good luck to you too.

Itumeleng

Madam, scroll through all my comments and you will see that I speak for my part of Africa, and that is the South, that encompasses at least 7/8 countries. And no we do not dance like that. Hence my exhaustive debates on this board to distance myself from this vulgar practice. I have also said that these must be dances that evolved from West Africans, who are nothing like us in the South, in culture, looks and language groups. Slaves from West Africa are those who went to the Americas, so in that sense you are all related, just leave the… Read more »

KayDiva Yoceph
KayDiva Yoceph

One I never said anything about Nikki or Rihanna , two you have no authority on the world culture ( only if you lived everywhere, and even if you did you still won’t get a grasp of someones culture) So let me give you some advice keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. Just because you happen to glimpse a Nikki video does not mean you know jack shit about the caribbean. Go educate yourself before you go spouting off dottishness. I love my culture . i love my people this is the way we dance and express ourselves. If you… Read more »

lily
lily

Oh my god girl, the more you talk the more separatist and hateful you sound, why do you talk of ‘pitying’ Caribbean and black American culture? Why do you think these cultures are below your culture? What ever did we do to you? To make you feel so?

lily
lily

Ghetto is a place not an adjective sweetheart, you sound foolish smh

lily
lily

bastardized’ has no place in my cultures description
RESPECT before you embarrass yourself further

Loveothers4ever
Loveothers4ever

It’s not a deflection it’s the truth! You put down a culture you don’t understand. Typical African judging like you are better. How are you lumped into this category? Lol This woman is not a stripper! I think you need to relax, the only category I see you in is the typical angry black woman. Get over yourself!
Oh and btw I’m sure your man is watching the twerkers and strippers. LOL

GeekyMiss
GeekyMiss

Itumeleng Please stop being so judgemental just because you don’t understand other people’s culture! And STOP speaking for ALL Africans. I’m from DR Congo and we do dance with our hips and bums. There are over 400 tribes in Congo and quite a lot of us dance with our hips, and shaking our bums. And it’s something we’re learned from our ancestors. Check MUTWASHI from the LUBA tribe. Watch this: I also know that some tribes ‘twerk’ in Tanzania. Please just stop. Stop stop! And look at this comment from someone else on youtube, which says exactly what I was thinking: “This… Read more »