11 Women Rocking Goddess Locs, Summer 2016’s Trending Style + How to Install Them

Avatar • Apr 21, 2016

Anyone who’s followed my blog, or the natural hair community in the last few years knows that faux locs have been a big thing for a while. You can even buy the style prepackaged and crochet it in. If you loved faux locs, then you’ll definitely love goddess faux locs.

meagan good goddess locs dr. kari

Goddess faux locs were designed by celebrity natural hair stylist Dr. Kari Williams. The look has been sported by Meagan Good and Tyra Banks, two of Dr. Kari’s most notable clients.

What I love about this style is that it features a softer, more realistic look. The style gives bohemian flair with wavy tendrils at the ends.

Dr. Kari shares her technique and sells a Goddess faux locs Kit that includes human hair.

If going to a stylist isn’t an option or your budget is limited, consider these tutorials on how to create a similar look with synthetic extensions:

Clarissa’s Synthetic Hair DIY Goddess Faux Locs

In this tutorial, Clarissa shares how replicated the look of Dr. Kari’s Goddess faux locs. Her biggest secret — using nail glue to seal the ends!

Hair Used:

5  Color 1B Marley hair ($4.99 p/p)
3  Freetress Brand Hair ($5.99 p/p)
2  Deep Curl
1  Loose Deep curl

Donedo’s Synthetic Hair Goddess Faux Locs

Donedo achieves this look with Freetress Deep Twist hair and Armours Marley Twist Hair.

Here are 11 women rocking the style flawlessly.

So ladies, are you planning to rock the look?

About Cassandre

Just another naturalista playing by my own rules! Got hair that doesn't seem to grow past your shoulders? Check out my free Grow Your Hair Faster Video Course

Blair
Blair

As a person with locs, I initially found Goddess Locs a compliment to real locs, its simple, no need to commit or go through the years and stages (especially ugly stage) of getting locs.…I changed my stance, I don’t find it a compliment anymore, and the reason is because Goddess Locs give an unrealistic view of what real locs look like. I will never forget my cousin asking me to be in her wedding and I asked how should I have my hair professionally style, and she sent me a picture of someone with Goddess Locs.…maybe its her mistake, but… Read more »

cryssi
cryssi
Reply to  Blair

Lol, I just took out my crochet…but I like to change my hair often. I love dreads, but I don’t want them for longer than 3 months. I still want my blowouts, sew-ins, box braids, and flat ironed styles.

I guess I would understand your stance if we were trying to pass them off as the real thing. A real loc’ed sister created the style.

We just want to enjoy the beauty of locs without the commitment.

Opa 96
Opa 96
Reply to  Blair

I personally will proudly wear my loose hair and faux locs once in a while because I like the variety.

Lela
Lela
Reply to  Blair

Not everyone want to spend years and years with a style that is basically permanent … .this is like a person with relaxed hair being upset with a person with naturally curly hair for straightening it??. Having locs takes a lot of commitment to stick with. I absolutely loved my hair growing up and then was later forced to get a relaxer as a child because my parents were tired of maintaining it. It’s been two years since I decided to transition to going natural and I must say the process is both a blessing and stressing. It was a… Read more »

Trese
Trese
Reply to  Blair

I knew there would come a time when I would need to say this..the time is now..When the faux locs trend started I initially thought to myself “how dare ppl try and take that away from our natural sistas”. Then I started to think how great of an idea it is for someone like myself with super soft hair that would the forever an a day to loc to be able to have temporary locs. My mindset changed because I myself was born with green eyes and what most ppl describe as beautiful curly “white ppl” hair.( I am black… Read more »

Tasha
Tasha
Reply to  Blair

You are really in yo feelings!! Girl, bye!

TWA4now
TWA4now

I learned to be more flexible and OPEN with myself and others natural or otherwise. What’s GOOD for one person’s hair and a certain look isn’t good for another…To each her own. If someone wants to try out faux locs or whatever, it’s their dime and hair–go for it!

liberianwoman
liberianwoman

This hair style is beautiful as are the ladies.

Adía
Adía

Sometimes they loonies and natural but other times the curly ends look like they come out of nowhere