Rihanna Blocks Fan Who Tweeted a Photoshopped Image of Her as a White Woman

Avatar • Mar 9, 2016

A couple days ago a Rihanna fan set out to make the point that the stunning pop star looks better as a white woman. She tweeted a photoshopped image of Rihanna with whitened skin with the caption, “You can call me a cracker and all that but this is undeniable proof that the whiter the more beautiful.”

12802838_1589333734722522_4674530102747859945_n

The ghastly image was retweeted hundreds of times and caught the attention of Rihanna or a member of her team, who responded by blocking the fan.

12801474_1589333754722520_62712209125933543_n

Rihanna is the spitting image of her mother, Monica Braithwaite.

RollingOut.com

RollingOut.com

And she is similar in complexion to her father, Ronald Fenty.

New York Daily News

New York Daily News

It seems the superstar is not here for folks trying to erase her heritage. Ladies, what are your thoughts?

fromanotherplanet
fromanotherplanet

You people give too much attention to trolls on the internet I swear.

Chevanne

Trump is bout to be president, you better get used to the ones in real life! ?

Nila
Nila
Reply to  Chevanne

Not if we all get out and vote. That’s the only way to stop the madness.

V.M
V.M

White people are weird. And Riri looked like a fucking alien in that picture. Creepy and unattractive. If anything, this was proof that black is beautiful. But delusional whites will say anything to make themselves feel better.

Gbi
Gbi
Reply to  V.M

White people are wierd”, is quite a bullshit way to address against a racist topic.

Mell
Mell

Seriously that stupid chick is blind or something because I actually got scared when I saw the “white” version of Riri! WTF?! The white version is not as beautiful, actually far from it.
She actually proved the opposite of what she stated. I guess that’s why plenty of them take the risk to have skin problems by tanning… HA!!

Tamires C
Tamires C

It is so sad that she doesnt even realize she is racist! Her post was wrong in so many levels. Racist + Rihanna looks terrible white. It is sad that this girl cannot see how beautiful Riri’s skin color is. Also disturbing that she finds the need to photoshop someone to proof her racist point of view.

CocoaGoddess
CocoaGoddess
Reply to  Tamires C

She looked like a ghost in the edited pic

Guest
Guest
Reply to  Tamires C

Actually, she KNOWS Rihanna’s skin color is beautiful. That’s why she did it. People do not concern themselves with things that are “less than”. They fixate on things that are better than and since she can’t have it, she hates on it. Epic FAIL!

TWA4now
TWA4now

It’s all about self-love. If they live themselves, the will ebrsce and celebrate their “whiteness” and stop trying to copy and implant how we are in them. This needs to stop. We ALL bleed red if cut or is it green (money)

Barbara Dias
Barbara Dias

… undeniable proof that the whiter the more beautiful”

BITCH
PLEASEcomment image

city_rat
city_rat
Reply to  Barbara Dias

…The blonde hair here is tainting that perspective. I hate seeing black women with Blonde hair. Same with Asians. It’s over-validating white beauty.

Nic Nac Paddywack

Good for her. Why would anyone even do that?

Kimmie
Kimmie

She doesn’t strike me as someone who’s super proud of her heritage. She claimed to be mixed race although both of her parents identify as Black. It’s nice that she blocked her and didn’t interact with this racist fan, but seriously Rihanna isn’t an example of being Black and proud by any measure.

Marisol
Marisol
Reply to  Kimmie

Mixed race doesn’t necessarily mean half black and half white. She could be half Amerindian. They are the natives that inhabited the Island of Barbados before the devil showed up with African slaves.

bOr
bOr
Reply to  Marisol

Rihanna’s grandmother (her father’s mother) is a white Bajan. Unlike many of the other Caribbean islands, Barbados was actually uninhabited at the time of European arrival (although there had been Amerinidian settlement on the island before).

Marisol
Marisol
Reply to  bOr

Once they were kidnapped, they became slaves. What’s dehumanizing is denying the truth. Call it like it was. They were slaves to the Satan.…

maralondon
maralondon
Reply to  Marisol

To call our Ancestors slaves is to dehumanise them. They were innocent men and women who were kidnapped and forced into slavery. It was the role of the European and Arabs to treat us less then human.

bOr
bOr
Reply to  Kimmie

Everything I’ve seen indicates that Rihanna is proud of her racial and cultural heritage. I’ve seen her refer to herself as black many times. And if she does refer to herself as mixed race, that’s also true. Her granny (dad’s mom) is a white Bajan. Is she not allowed to acknowledge that?

CocoaGoddess
CocoaGoddess
Reply to  Kimmie

She is mixed though, a lot lf mixed people identify as black

Mino Nzinga
Reply to  Kimmie

The definition of being mixed in the Caribbean is not the same as in the U.S. A large proportion of West Indian folks have mixed race ancestry, but are still black. For instance I have Asian & white ancestry, I am considered half-caste in Jamaica, but that doesn’t take away from being black. In this country you are only mixed race if you have a white parent. Different places, different definitions.

tuh
tuh
Reply to  Kimmie

Y’all need to get over the LIE that she ever referenced herself as mixed. She people would pick on her by calling her mixed and white in high school when they knew damn well she’s black. In that vein she said she could relate to someone like mariah carey, NOT that she herself is biracial.

Besides her father is biracial, so if she ever decided to call herself mixed she wouldn’t be lying. Rihanna has always been proud of being Bajan, of being Black.

Dae Nah
Dae Nah
Reply to  Kimmie

Rihanna has said many times that she was black. What more do you guys want from her.

Adriana Payne
Adriana Payne
Reply to  Kimmie

I am pretty sure she wouldn’t be accepting the black girl’s rock star award if she wasn’t proud to be black or didn’t indetify herself as one. The only time she referred herself as mixed when she was bullied herself and that is why she could relate a bit to Mariah, but she is a black woman and I don’t know where you get that she isn’t proud, Especially when she represents her culture all the time and she called herself black on multiple occasions.

The Grim Phreaker
The Grim Phreaker

No thoughts… just laughter LMFAO

Sangha
Sangha

that white photoshopped version is terrifying. “the whiter the more beautiful”??? LOL!! That’s ridiculous and the girl that said it KNOWS IT. And then wonders why she got blocked? Um, you just told Rhianna that she is not as pretty as white girl. Why are you surprised that they blocked your dumb ass?

SisterTruth
SisterTruth

Da hell! Don’t mess with a Caribbean woman! I’d have more than blocked her delusional @$$ with that ghastly/ghostly image!

Pamela A
Pamela A

That photoshopped image was in no way more beautiful- or even close to being equally beautiful, lol. Rihanna did the right thing by blocking that idiot.

Return the Stone
Return the Stone

I noticed this on Instagram and she did it with beyonce and nicki menaj too and they are both darker in complexion not trying to fuel fire but rihanna ain’t the only victim

evilplatypus
evilplatypus

Ok, as someone who delights in the fact that they are so pale that they literally glow in the dark (once while hiking during a new moon around one in the morning, the guy behind me said he could only find the trail because he could see my hands and neck and nothing else) — I gotta say, Rihanna is beautiful just as she is and that casper abomination is terrifying. Not pretty at all.

kalexa1
kalexa1
Reply to  evilplatypus

Goes without saying really.

Cassie
Cassie

Rihanna needs to rock an afro and dashiki now and do a video like Formation lol

Mr. Enigma
Mr. Enigma
Reply to  Cassie

No. Afros and dashiki’s are not the trendy costume facade people like you are trying to make them out to be.

kalexa1
kalexa1
Reply to  Mr. Enigma

What would you describe them as?

BeastOfNoNation
BeastOfNoNation
Reply to  Cassie

Rihanna has worn a dashiki before though

Hadassah Agbaps
Hadassah Agbaps

This just shows the God in his creation makes no mistakes when assigning skin color and features! I give Him respect! Rihanna looks ghostly when whitewashed. Like all the life was drained out of her by a very thirsty vamp!

Dee
Dee

My thoughts exactly! Looking at the whitewash imagine, i instantly became sad and perplexed. smh…but looked to the left like…ah..much more satisfying.

Ms. Vee
Ms. Vee

Rihanna handled a racist troll the way you’re supposed to. Don’t argue just block ?

Chevanne

Trying to find her own beauty in a brown woman… It’s sad. Not enough bad ass female role models for her?

EM
EM

It’s funny… I know this isn’t the point of the article, but I’m white and I’m often jealous of darker skin tones. The original picture looks much more beautiful. On the other hand, I don’t go to tanning booths. I embrace my pasty complexion for what it is 🙂 For me, being this pale makes me feel close to my heritage (my father and grandmother are the same way), and I imagine it must be similar for Rhianna. Both are beautiful… or self-pride is beautiful. Let’s go with that.

kalexa1
kalexa1
Reply to  EM

I can believe that. I was bullied at school by white girls who actually admitted they wished they had my colour. Later patronised by white colleagues at work who ‘complimented’ me on my ‘nice’ shade, whilst telling me if I was darker it’d be horrible. Talk about back-handed compliments. They seriously thought they weren’t being racist. Sad but true.

Mel
Mel

That so called fan is a racist troll. Don’t fall for it and don’t give them the attention.

CocoaGoddess
CocoaGoddess

I showed this to my white friends and she almost got sick. Black is beautiful

Cosita
Cosita
Reply to  CocoaGoddess

This photo makes Ri look sick and pasty.

Mka
Mka

There really is a stuffy room full youths being paid to troll the internet…

Dee
Dee

I think i would visit this site more if it wasn’t for these pop up ads!

Liz T
Liz T
Reply to  Dee

Use the google browser after adding the AdBlocker. For me, AdBlocker blocked 20 ads on this page.

Dee
Dee
Reply to  Liz T

Thanks for the tip!

Deborah Clarke
Deborah Clarke

She looked Albino, not white.

Lane
Lane

Did you guys forget how Rihanna looked when she first started out? She had a much deeper complexion. Her mother has been photographed with a popular bleaching product in her native country. Rihanna bleaches on and off. She looks much better with her naturally darker skin.and she doesn’t look white on the edited pic. Just like an albino version of herself.

maralondon
maralondon
Reply to  Lane

Yes, she was much darker back then than she is know. Shame on her mother for promoting a chemical that is destructive to melinated people.

Foolishness abounds
Foolishness abounds
Reply to  maralondon

Y’all tripping, This is what she looked like promoting Music of the Sun fresh outta Barbados. She has been caramel the whole damn time, she might get tanned here and there, but the only thing that really changed was her hair color. Now her mama was dark back in the day, she may have been using some skin lightener.

Roxanie Browne-Stevens
Roxanie Browne-Stevens
Reply to  Lane

She looks like a vampire who hasn’t has blood in years nothing about this pick looks natural or had all her blood sucked by one. It doesn’t even look like an albino they have pink tones in the skin. I would know I am one. Everyone beautiful in their natural skin.

PrincessBea
PrincessBea

Three words; The movie Avatar.

Kirsten
Kirsten

What makes Rihanna beautiful is her bone structure and the shape of her features. Her natural skin tone is also beautiful, but even in that ridiculous photoshop, she’s still gorgeous. Whoever felt the need to tweet that is at best a completely thoughtless lackwit, at worst an out and out white supremacist.

Akamar
Reply to  Kirsten

exactly, She has a wonderful symmetery to her features. She’d be pretty in any complexion of skin. (just speaking as an artist)

imnoteva
imnoteva

the whitened picture was disturbing. she looked souless and dead. people look good the way they naturally are, Rihanna’s best skin is the skin she’s in.

Akamar
Reply to  imnoteva

because the technique used to lighten the skin lightened everything. It bleached away natural blushes, and flows of color. the touched up photo looks like an unfinished maniquinne.

kalexa1
kalexa1

Makes you wonder if Beyonce’s increasingly euro-centric look is simply a commercial response to what the (white) fan-dollars want to see; and what they can best ‘appreciate’ as beauty. Always find it interesting the differences between her and her sister.

Minister Faust
Minister Faust

@fIopstar is not a fan. Check the Twitter account. It’s 90% racist trolling.

Staci Elle
Reply to  Minister Faust

It claims it has a Black boyfriend, that I believe! some of these dudes date straight up racists.. not in my house

Guest
Guest
Reply to  Minister Faust

That’s the first thing I caught. This was not a fan.

Aly
Aly

What that original girl posted was just wrong & extremely racist. Twitter should have flagged it & taken it down.

Chelsey
Chelsey

So wrong. Uncalled for… Pure hate. I hope she learns to love herself. Rihanna is beautiful.

River
River

She was rightfully blocked. Also, no one in their right mind would think that Rihanna looks better as a white girl. I’m a white girl and I’ve been jealous of Rihanna’s gorgeous complexion for years.

SweetT
SweetT

#Blockanna is not playing with these children. Lol! I don’t understand the point this “fan” was trying to prove by lightening the photo or writing that caption. She’s lucky all Rih did was block her arse. I wish #Clapbackanna would’ve responded with something like that infamous “…b**ch, I’m black” tweet before she blocked old girl.

Dixie Rect
Dixie Rect
Reply to  SweetT

The point the so-called fan was trying to prove was a white supremacist bull shit idea that white people & white skin is more beautiful. And she used Rihanna image & manipulated it diminish Rihanna’s identity and original beauty.

3caramel7
3caramel7

it is interesting the comments people make about Beyonce and Rihanna and their different shades of skin.People forget, black people do tan as well and secondly being caught by flash light under the wrong conditions and can make you appear ten shades lighter/darker with the person having done nothing to their skin or make up.

Oratilwe
Oratilwe

A little irrelevant but I always find it funny how some of these celebrities will defined their heritage with great strength on social media but as soon as it comes to advertising for loreal or someother big company that whitewashed them in an ad they’re silent ? Like why is that?

Sandy
Sandy

Serves the bitch right.….white?? She’s bright and out of order. I’m glad RiRi blocked her ass. Very ignorant and insulting.

Dawn
Dawn

No, she is not the “splitting image of her mother.” She is a perfect combo of both parents.

Joe black
Joe black

That white bitch had nerve to put that of rihanna up . Black is beautiful baby and white ain’t right !

ForThePeopleNotTheRICH
ForThePeopleNotTheRICH
Reply to  Joe black

Why can’t black be beautiful and white too? Why the “white ain’t right” talk? If you want to end racism, you have to stop being racist yourself. Your comment, tbh, makes you a racist just as much as the girl who posted that picture was.

Snape_Always
Snape_Always

She couldn’t be prettier if you painted her purple. How can you improve on perfection? (and I’m not really a fan LOL)

Stephen DuMont
Stephen DuMont

if you find one race more attractive than another, that really says more about you than it does about them.

Shalia
Shalia

Obviously the girl second tweet about “omg wtf did I do” means that she did intend for all this to happen. Even though what she did was wrong and I do not support or respect her post we should see her side too.
Again, I DO NOT support her post nor do I respect it.

Babygirl
Babygirl

Sorry but that’s too light. Too pale. She has a golden rich tone. Which is a beautiful tone. White women think so also otherwise these tanning salons would be out of business

franz
franz

Lol! Who told you whiter is cooler? I don’t think so!! Riri did right! Poor girl!

Christine Elizabeth Krauszer
Christine Elizabeth Krauszer

Rihanna is beautiful just the way she is!

michael145
michael145

She looks like the chick in Avatar when made white. Something about the ears in the pic.

rachael snyder
rachael snyder

She way more beautiful with mixed skin or black it seems mixed to me anyways and as a white woman I am jealous of mixed girls they have beautiful amazing skin i look like a walking talking bottle of elmers glue what kind of mean asshole of a person does that anyways, how freaking rude.

ForThePeopleNotTheRICH
ForThePeopleNotTheRICH

This girl obviously doesn’t see the truth, and that is that skin color doesn’t matter, we should accept each other and learn from each other.

Otaku_Princess
Otaku_Princess

That girl is probably crazy (and racist and creating beauty standards). Her parents obviously didn’t teach her properly, heck they probably follow those messed up standards too.
I think that Rihanna looks really pale and ill in the 2nd picture. It’s scary. ‑_-
Love your skin people! You’re beautiful just the way you are! <3