Top Black Beauty Vloggers Under Fire After Racist and Colorist Tweets Resurface

Avatar • Jan 19, 2016

Black beauty vloggers VickyLogan and RavenElyse, who both have large followings on YouTube, are in a bit of hot water after a series of tweets (some dating back to 2011) have resurfaced. The tweets, compiled by Tumblr user The Pro Black Girl, consistently cast black women in a negative light.

tumblr_inline_o0zc3oNmQC1t0jtn5_500

tumblr_inline_o0zcadlx771t0jtn5_500

tumblr_inline_o0zcb9pbuz1t0jtn5_500

tumblr_inline_o0zccgCc9F1t0jtn5_500

tumblr_inline_o0zh1p7ssI1t0jtn5_400

tumblr_inline_o0zcolgYOo1t0jtn5_500tumblr_inline_o0zcczM26Q1t0jtn5_500

tumblr_inline_o0zclfInNe1t0jtn5_500tumblr_inline_o0zh0iX6f71t0jtn5_500

tumblr_inline_o0zcdsI9CH1t0jtn5_500 tumblr_inline_o0zc80WWbx1t0jtn5_500tumblr_inline_o0zblohcBP1t0jtn5_500tumblr_inline_o0zbjdTKbv1t0jtn5_500 tumblr_inline_o0zbks0qr71t0jtn5_500
tumblr_inline_o0zbk7bINM1t0jtn5_500

tumblr_inline_o0zbm5fJPO1t0jtn5_500

tumblr_inline_o0zbpiURKP1t0jtn5_500

tumblr_inline_o0zbxrwt7Z1t0jtn5_500

12562923_771688226270832_1269837496_o 12620721_771688236270831_225854618_o

Photo Credit

While we can’t be certain what prompted these tweets, Vicky Logan issued the following statement to BGLH:

In response to the tweets, I must say that I can’t defend them and for that I apologize. To be honest, when I tweeted them, I was not as mature as I am today, my Twitter page was not a large platform for me back then so the only people who interacting with me there were my friends who, at the time, talked and joked around in the same ways I did. Quite honestly, there are many people in my community I have encountered who make statements like that sarcastingly or jokingly on a daily basis, of course that does not make it right, but it’s the truth. Those tweets are only a product of what I’ve grown up hearing and seeing in the media and in real life, not from people of other races, but from people of color. I also admit that at times I used Twitter as a means to vent about my personal experiences which wasn’t mature, because venting often ends in saying things you don’t mean.

Regardless of the reason for the tweets, I’ve matured a lot since then, I’ve become more aware of my influence and the gravity of my words on social media. As an African American woman myself, I am aware that those posts do not uplift nor do they represent myself or any other persons that belong to my culture. In reality, I am very supportive of my fellow African Americans, particularly young women. That is apparent through my support shown to other women of color on YouTube, my support of black owned businesses and through the service I do in my own community through my church, which is predominantly black and is considered a black owned business as well. My family is black, my husband is black, the majority of my friends are black, so I obviously don’t have any hatred towards black people, I never have, I just didn’t filter my thoughts correctly or represent myself well in those particular tweets. At any point in time, we have all done or said something we are not proud of. But today, I aim to have a much more professional and positive presence on social media and I try to exhibit that in every way I possibly can. Those tweets are not a representation of who I am today as a whole, but all I can do is move forward and let my actions speak for themselves, and I hope that people can understand that and see that I’ve grown, matured, and I plan to continue to uplift and bring positivity to our community as much as I can.

Also…I humbly and sincerely apologize to anyone who took those tweets to heart and were offended by them. It is never my intention to offend or hurt anyone, especially people who look like me and have had the same struggles I’ve had dealing with being a minority. In order for our people to affect change in the world we first have to be confident in each other and uplift one another. I hope that people learn from my mistakes and watch their words, watch what they say and how they say it. I also hope that people take their presence on social media more seriously, and hold themselves accountable for the things they do and say. Be aware of how you represent others and yourself, you never know who is watching!

RavenElyse has not responded to our request for a statement, however, she addresses the comments in these  videos:

UPDATE

Both Vicky and Raven have issued these video apologies. Watch Vicky’s video here and Raven’s video here:

What do you think of these tweets and the responses? Share your thoughts below!

About Lisa Jean Francois

I'm a Lipstick-obsessed Journalist and Fashion Blogger. You can find me over on my blog or youtube channel swatching lippies and strutting around in 5-inch heels. I'm a also a brand coach, specializing in video marketing and digital brand development. Find me @lisaalamode.

ValentineAvoh
ValentineAvoh

I think Vicky Logan’s tweet were appalling but I really appreciate her apologies.

Lucie
Reply to  ValentineAvoh

I doubt the sincerity of her apology and her “maturity” as some of her tweets were from five months ago. I doubt she’s changed THAT much, maybe she’s just gotten smarter about hiding her self hatred.

Reply to  Lucie

thats a definite. $$$ is involved so of course shes sorry. Sorry you said it or sorry you got caught? is what I always say

Pp79
Pp79

She’s an idiot. And she should be very ashamed.

Claudette UK
Claudette UK

I’m so shocked at this level of ignorance that I cannot say anything in response.

Leila
Leila

I don’t know much about Vicky, but I’m not surprised with Raven. Those tweets are nothing. She has made a lot more anti-black and colorist tweets and comments. She clearly separates herself from being “black” and believes that her light complexion gives her an advantage (she once tweeted that there should be a “limit” on who can be considered “light-skinned” to make sure dark women couldn’t use the title.…yeah she’s sick.) Instead of openly apologizing she told people she would track their ip addresses and sue them for bringing up her old tweets (how stupid does that sound!). She only… Read more »

Esha Fowlin
Esha Fowlin
Reply to  Leila

I’m not at all surprised that she tweeted that there should be a limit, we are back to the proverbial brown paper bag test and its 2016. I really hope the whites embrace these “women” because I wont and I will encourage other proud black women not to either. This is thoroughly disgusting.

Reply to  Leila

shes an idiot truly.

Reply to  Leila

She’s a nut case, but so is vicky

kaydenpat
kaydenpat
Reply to  Leila

She has a huge following though on Youtube. I wonder how many of her subscribers are Black women.

LorMarie

Be careful what you say online. It could come back to get you.

cryssi
cryssi

Ummm, yeah. I’ve said things I regret, but never anything against my culture and background.

I don’t even know where to go with this. Maybe I’ll check back later and see how people who follow them respond.

Childish ass hoes

lis
lis
Reply to  CocoaGoddess

Really? Hoes? Are u any better

Maisha Harris

Something tells me that both of these ladies still have a LOT of growing up to do and there is more de-programming that needs to take place to remove that “white is right, black is whack” mentality that so many black people unfortunately still have. Vicki “seems” to be partially accountable for her hate speech but Raven doesn’t seem to understand why people, the very people who look up to her for advice on one’s appearance, are mad/hurt.

Like · Reply · 2 mins

Reply to  Maisha Harris

which tells me she doesnt give a damn! and if black girls still follow her theyre condoning it. and supposedly Vicky has been tweeting like this dated 5 months back so how much does her apology really matter?

CocoaGoddess

Funny how their Instagrams are now blocked ???. It all came back to them. I never liked their videos in the first place…they’re childish as hell.

Reply to  CocoaGoddess

I meant private

Nina
Nina

Not acceptable. So because you see people jump off a bridge or smoke crack are you going to do the same, if it encourage by everyone around you. Stop this colourism and light skinned privilege is at work. Just like when you break a bone and say sorry doesn’t mean it’s going to fix the problem. Check your ignorance and self hate.

Savvy Henderson
Savvy Henderson

Wow. We must be careful with our thoughts, once they’re written they are no longer just thoughts.

Shunya D. Wade
Shunya D. Wade

I don’t see a huge problem with Raven’s tweets but Vicky’s were fowl. However, I do believe people change and grow. Can we really say she hasn’t changed and grown in her love for her people? How many people in this website had straight hair a few years ago and talked crap about nappy hair and thought it wasn’t “professional” or “cute” and then eventually changed over time and learned to love what they naturally are? We all have been stupid but have grown from that. So 5 years ago she said a bunch of stupid stuff but she seems… Read more »

Reply to  Shunya D. Wade

you see nothing wrong with her promoting “natural hair” and saying blue ivy needs a golden brush? or that only cute white boys should wear flip flops and black guys shouldnt wear open toe shoes? When you have a son or a husband, do you want people to think that way of them? to disrespect our black men? or she doesnt do well with black organizations? that would include black girls rock and dark and lovely and african whatever that she gets her wigs from. BUT SHE DOESNT DO WELL WITH BLACK ORGANIZATIONS? funny because she gets PAID by black… Read more »

Shunya D. Wade
Shunya D. Wade
Reply to  Ashley Merce

Hi Ashley sorry for my late response. It’s not that what she said wasn’t problematic or distasteful I just don’t think it was so extreme to get the response it did. Firstly, I think people, when young, write and say things that are plainly ignorant and she did just that. People attacking Blue Ivy was very distasteful and they need help. That thing about flip flops is just weird. I don’t even know where just a comment would even come from. Her saying she doesn’t do well with Black orgs may just be true. That may be her experience and… Read more »

Larryn Worthy
Larryn Worthy

Ugh, how dreadful.

K_
K_

Never heard nor seen neither one of these people, have no clue who they are, i will say those tweets are HORRIBLE.. I knew if they responded it was going to be something about maturity. Maturity has nothing to do with how you feel just whether or not you express or not. I have never once in my life thought like this. I hope the people who do support and know of these people stop bc these were terrible

Tonia J
Tonia J

I agree not acceptable at all! Actions speak louder than words, everyone should stop following them on YouTube and Instagram. We (all Black women) will not tolerate internal racism of any kind! Do not continue to follow and support them! We should only be encouraging self love!

Esha Fowlin
Esha Fowlin
Reply to  Tonia J

I agree ijc with these boule blacks smh like this is beyond unacceptable. I wil not support either, I’m done supporting people who secretly hate people like me smh

Reply to  Tonia J

agreed!

CB.
CB.

I would unfollow and follow Vicky on Twitter on and off because she tweeted like this every chance she got, it was annoying. Award shows, reality show premieres were when her more ignorant tweets would come out the most. Her apology means nothing to me honestly because those type of tweets were not something she stopped doing years ago, she continued to do them into the end of last year but when it caught up to her she started to delete them because she was losing followers and $$$. I stopped following her beauty channel a loooong time ago because… Read more »

Reply to  CB.

#preach

janiepants
janiepants

I don’t see that big of a problem with Raven’s tweets, but the second girl was all the way fowl, but…free speech and all that jazz.

S. Williams
S. Williams

We’ve all said things against our people that we don’t like bc too many times the most ignorant of us all are always highlighted and then others use them to further perpetuate the stereotypes about us. all we can do is hope that they’ve grown. what I find more petty is someone took the time to dig up 3–5 year old tweets on these ladies. who had the time? if we hold their past against them, how are we better? let’s not throw stones

Reply to  S. Williams

Vicky has tweeted like this dated 5 months back. Thats not past

Reply to  S. Williams

Then you should stay silent when whites do it!

Yurilyte
Yurilyte

I didn’t see the issue with most of Raven’s tweets. She seems outspoken and slightly uppity, particularly with the “caramel” tweet…ok then, miss light bright. So what she doesn’t drip rainbows and happiness

Vicky’s were so ridiculous though smh

Reply to  Yurilyte

and how about the fact that she promote “natural hair” but feels that Blue Ivy needs a golden brush?

StraightShooter
StraightShooter
Reply to  Yurilyte

It seems strange that you’re willing to give a pass to the light bright damn near white one, but not the darker one.

Reply to  Yurilyte

She’s just like Donald Trump, yet you give her a pass for the same type of behavior!

Alexandra Gibbs
Alexandra Gibbs

I watch both Raven and Vicky on YouTube and have been watching them for years. I enjoy both vloggers tremendously and while I admit that I don’t follow either on social media, I will say that as far as their channels go, I’ve seen nothing but positivity from both. Both women preach self-love. Raven has gone so far as to recently give financial advice to viewers and encourage them to be business savvy entrepreneurs. Vicky has girl talk with her supporters where she encourages them through segments she refers to as “Vicky Vibes.” Each has helped me personally & I’ve… Read more »

lovely
lovely

Raven is far from positive if you follow her snapchat or twitter she tries to be positive on instagram and youtube but she went off on her baby daddy calling him broke etc. She come down on people saying they should have their lives together by age 21. Raven is no role model

StraightShooter
StraightShooter

Anytime someone puts things on the internet that person should expect for it to remain there forever. Being pro-Black doesn’t mean that we can’t call out other Black people. These women deserve to be called out for their racist comments. If these comments had been made by white women I’m certain your response would be entirely different.

justice83
justice83

Go look at their channels for what? Their channels are not to help people their channels are to MAKE MONEY so they post content that attracts people to watch. They both target black women as their main audience. Now let me ask you this paula dean (the cook) if you watched her show, read her cook books and everything else she sold you would have never known her racist ways but that doesnt excuse them because she puts on a front does it? Once she was found out to be racist, treat people like crap, people held her accountable and… Read more »

Denise Rae Groce

You should give the whites who are racist a pass as well!

djtorchMusic
djtorchMusic

It sounds like someone is trying to compete with Stacy Dash for that “Coon Award”. Someone wants us to give them “a pass” for being “100% Black” but has done nothing but behaved like a crazed bigot. At best her behavior is immature and what worries me the most is that so many are intrigued with her, just like those intrigued with Donald Duck ( I mean Trump). This is a good time to look in the mirror . How did we become so infatuated on women who are clearly not good role models (i.e. showing ass, using skin whitening… Read more »

Reply to  djtorchMusic

agreed

Ashley Merce

I THINK THAT APOLOGIES COME WHEN IT AFFECTS $$$ That is all. I don’t think any of this should be overlooked and for those saying oh they promote this and that now. Well they also get paid NOW. #staywoke For Vicky, just because its your surroundings doesn’t make it okay (you’re suppose to have a mind of your own) and that fool Raven, Ive heard the things that’s come out of her mouth. She doesn’t want to be black but she wants to profit off of black culture. Sounds a lot like most racist. I dont accept any of it.… Read more »

Likewaterforchoc
Likewaterforchoc
Reply to  Ashley Merce

Really. So true. Social media has their head gassed, but social media made them, BLACK social media. And I hate when biracial women make all the money they can off of black women, the natural hair community, date black men, etc and then turn around and decide they are NOT black as soon as it’s convenient. I’ve never followed these people and I never will. I am black and despite our fails and achievements would never want to be anything else.

Ashley Merce

thank you. Me and you both!
I take black while they had to be hung and picking cotton and I choose black today while its all of a sudden a “fad” and “trend” for peoples pockets. smh

Denise Rae Groce

Exactly! They use the racist one drop rule to claim black so they can be pushed out front by racist blacks and whites. Then when black women are being dissed by black men and racist whites, they make sure to let people know their bi-racial and above us! For example: the ones in Hollywood being cast as blacks! Yet they have the nerve to diss blacks and make money off blacks! The blacks that defends this are racist.

Ashley Merce

FOR THOSE SAYING RAVEN’S TWEETS WEREN’T THAT BAD you see nothing wrong with her promoting “natural hair” and saying blue ivy needs a golden brush? or that only cute white boys should wear flip flops and black guys shouldn’t wear open toe shoes? When you have a son or a husband, do you want people to think that way of them? to disrespect our black men? or she doesn’t do well with black organizations? that would include black girls rock and dark and lovely and African whatever that she gets her wigs from. BUT SHE DOESN’T DO WELL WITH BLACK… Read more »

Walker
Walker
Reply to  Ashley Merce

Honestly, she didn’t show much remorse for the comments that were taken offensively and tried to pin it on her skin complexion which had nothing to do with it. She definitely didn’t bring up the fact that she said she wasn’t black or African American but wanted to be called “caramel.” There was no denouncing of that statement. And the greater issue is going out of your way to negatively speak in the very culture that you didn’t want to claim. The apology wasn’t very sincere and she clearly has some experience that may have not been so great growing… Read more »

Reply to  Walker

sweetheart all well and good but shes said racial stuff on snapchat recently so her apology is no good for me because when youre sorry, youre saying ill never do it again. JUSTIFYING the things you say is not an apology. and doing it again means thats just who you are.

Reply to  Walker

If that’s the case then Donald Trump; the KKK; South Carolina and their confederate flag; and the Neo Nazis should get a pass too.

Jemila Thompson
Jemila Thompson

This is not right.. Why do you feel the need to go back sooooo many years of tweets just to find something negative they said.. What does that say about you.. that is a stalker mentality.. They were really young and not mature.. in-fact they are still young and got a lot of growing up to do.. lets go through your tweets and Facebook posts from the beginning and we will see how clean and well put together you are.. Everyone has a past everyone has regretted things they may have said… But they are good role models for their… Read more »

Philly Jawn
Philly Jawn

so if a white person said this still support them

Reply to  Philly Jawn

exactly!

T. Wright
T. Wright

But here’s the thing…regardless of if these tweets were from 5 years ago or last year (and tbh these tweets weren’t that long ago). They’re still offensive, and they’ve both been continuing with these types of ignorant messages since last year. They’re not even sorry for what they said, and if they are it’s probably because a lot of their sponsors dropped them. They’re not good role models and I don’t see why I or any Black girl/woman should lift up Black women who feel the need to slander their own people. Not all skin-folk is my kinfolk… And us… Read more »

Jemila Thompson
Jemila Thompson
Reply to  T. Wright

we all should be under scrutiny for our racist comments in the past…

Eleanor
Eleanor

I WISH my downvote could show.

BlackGirlShortHair
BlackGirlShortHair

I agree with you Jemila…why did sm! go back in time to dig this saddening thing up just to upset people. I mean, we’ve all done something stupid and irresponsible at one point in our lives. That’s why people grow everyday. Let’s just forget about this things and move-on. Afterall, we’re sisters!

Jemila Thompson
Jemila Thompson

exactly

Ashley Merce

THESE GIRLS WERE TALKING LIKE THIS 4–5 MONTHS AGO. Raven says racial shit on her snapchat till this day and Vicky has tweets dates months ago. (recent) so dont undermine their actions please

Jemila Thompson
Jemila Thompson
Reply to  Ashley Merce

so you never said anything radical about your own kind? whether sarcastically or for real ever in your life?

Eleanor
Eleanor

I never say derogatory things about people of any skin tone, and a CERTAINLY will not support anyone who does! Sounds like you have…

Denise Rae Groce

Only thing you would see on my Twitter account is Notre Dame/Bengals football and cute puppies! Not this racist crap! Yet it is okay for these girls to stay in bed with white supremacy all while you’re defending them! It is also crazy how some blacks accept the one drop rule created by white racists, but will raise hell when a white racist opens their mouth! We need to call them out too and not just when white people spew the same crap! So you yourself supports white supremacy by thinking this is okay!

Ugonna Wosu
Ugonna Wosu

The first girl’s tweets weren’t really that bad. I don’t really agree with all she said, but there are plenty of black women I’ve seen even on this site making some of those points. The second girl?SMH.

Philly Jawn
Philly Jawn
Reply to  Ugonna Wosu

I unsubbed from Rayven not sure why ppl think her saying ish about dark skin is ok but whatver

FromTokyo
FromTokyo
Reply to  Ugonna Wosu

That’s sad you find no fault with the utter, unmistakable self-hatred in the first woman’s tweets.

Just, wow.

Ugonna Wosu
Ugonna Wosu
Reply to  FromTokyo

I never said I found ” no fault”, I said they aren’t that bad. Saying she doesn’t call herself AA is nothing view from some blacks, maybe she considers herself just black, or identifies herself as biracial. Saying light skinned ppl shouldn’t be trashed, just like dark skinned shouldn’t be trashed…what the hell is wrong with that? Validating the word “n—er”…I don’t agree with this…but …isn’t that a long running debate in the AA community? Why is she a villain? I don’t think the word should be used, but these and her other thoughts don’t mean she “hates being black”.

Tiffany
Tiffany
Reply to  Ugonna Wosu

She definitely did tweet she doesn’t consider herself black either, though, which is how I knew that no matter what, she’d never get support from me. She can go ahead and make her money from the support of the “caramel” ladies; us black ones can give our attention to somebody else lol.

Reply to  Ugonna Wosu

Only racist blacks think this is okay! Just like the racist who typed those tweets! If a white person said this crap all hell would break loose!

BlackGirlShortHair
BlackGirlShortHair
Reply to  Ugonna Wosu

I don’t think it was that bad either!!! Tho not everything is acceptable

mibtp
mibtp

Talk about self-hatred.

Nikki S
Nikki S

I literally cringed reading every word. Bottom line is this: You teach people how to respect you. I don’t follow either woman, but if I did, I would stop. The message is the same: low self esteem. I don’t need to invest in anyone who shows contempt towards the black female essence. Just like I don’t have to go out and purchase things to show people I care for myself while I’m dying inside. Just goes to show that no matter what you see everybody struggles internally. But this, this is just NO.

Asia
Asia

Honestly the both can kiss my ass I never subscribed to their wack ass pages anyway. But Logan can definitely lose her face deep in my ass, talking about I wasn’t as mature as I I am now. Bih some of them tweets was from 4–5 months ago. Girl Bye.

lecia p
lecia p
Reply to  Asia

Good point about the time stamps. I saw the first few from 2011 and stopped noticing the dates.i was thinking ” yes she was flat out wrong but it WAS 4 years ago..“NOT!!

Bell Cole
Bell Cole

Who the fuck is she?

Dr.Rue
Dr.Rue
Reply to  Bell Cole

LOL I’m like who are these people.

Mel
Mel

Vicky’s letter was was PC, same type of responses you read from ppl who get exposed for the past that we see ok tv all the time. And Raven just didn’t give a fuck her responses, I couldn’t take her seriously! I didn’t feel like they were truly sincere, just worried about losing their MONEY! Since their full time YouTubers smdh I never followed them on Twitter but I used to watch them on YouTube, but when they started feeling themselves and not as genuine I stopped watching. I support Black Women, but when their on BS I stop supporting…

vwlover
vwlover

I can’t believe some people don’t think Raven’s tweets were “not that bad”. Really? Both ladies sad vile things. That’s like saying someone is kind of racist while saying another person is racist.

Reply to  vwlover

THANK YOU!

KenyanBunnie Covet
KenyanBunnie Covet

I have no idea who these people are. Am I the only one who doesn’t bother with Tweeter…And aren’t these women black themselves? Or am I missing something? The light skinned one might be extremely light toned, but her facial features are black features. She looks black. I must be missing something. IDK.

alasia min
alasia min

no she looks pretty mixed but these days anyone with a tan is apparently black

Reply to  alasia min

I know right!

SheridaDaily

These tweets are venomous and filled with such ignorance and hate. Needless to say, I will stop supporting Vicki Logan, and I don’t know who the other girl is. Garbage, garbage, garbage.

ETA: I just watched 13 seconds of that Raven Elyse girl, couldn’t watch it past the 13 second mark… She’s foul.

Likewaterforchoc
Likewaterforchoc

This is the truth. I am a type 4 natural and type 4 natural YTers are nowhere near as popular as mixed naturals due to texture discrimination and texture envy. Most of their subbies have hair like mine, but won’t support type 4 hair vloggers because they are still hoping and praying that they will wake up with Tracee Ellis Ross’ hair. smh

Erica Long
Erica Long

To Vicky Logan — Thank you for your response. Youth explains a lot, but does not excuse everything. Your comments — even taken out of context — were inappropriate. What is happening to you and to Raven Eleyse is that the chickens are coming home to roost. Regardless of youth, regardless of maturity — we are all held accountable for what we say. At least you have had the courage, integrity, and maturity to acknowledge your error. And, by acknowledging/owning your error, you will grow even more. To Raven Elyse — It is clear you have a lot more growing… Read more »

FromTokyo
FromTokyo

Who are the people some of y’all hang around that this stuff is okay, or “not that bad”?!!! Are you serious??

Erin Provo
Erin Provo
Reply to  FromTokyo

Exactly!!! I mean I’m appalled by the number of people who don’t see her comments as “that bad”; they’re both ridiculous and disgusting, like!!???

Reply to  FromTokyo

OTHER IGNORANT PEOPLE

Erica Long
Erica Long

To Vicky Logan — Thank you for your response. Youth explains a lot, but does not excuse everything. Your comments — even taken out of context — were inappropriate. What is happening to you and to Raven Elyse is that the chickens are coming home to roost. Regardless of youth, regardless of maturity — we are all held accountable for what we say. At least you have had the courage, integrity, and maturity to acknowledge your error. And, by acknowledging/owning your error, you will grow even more. To Raven Elyse — It is clear you have a lot more growing… Read more »

87PAGES
87PAGES

Eh, I’m not mad. It’s disturbing but colorism is predominant in our communities and this just reads as an unwoke person. In my opinion, those tweets/mentality are the first stage most go through when developing their racial/cultural identity. Make no mistake, their tweets are trash but I’m just like “oh.” Maybe I’m desentized because I’ve witnessed it multiple times but people still walk around ‘jokingly’ calling each other ‘niggas/nigger’ or ‘jiggaboos’ or ‘team light skin/dark skin.’ But I’m not gonna get all ‘hotep’ on ya’ll — I’m not about that life anymore lol. Honestly, their PR team should have went… Read more »

Kendra
Kendra
Reply to  87PAGES

Hands down this is the best comment I’ve read. I don’t know either if these young women but as you stated I do know self hate is real in our community and many of us have/continue to suffer from it whether we know it or not, whether we’re “woke” or not. Not making excuses because again, I don’t know either of them not have I followed them, but I totally get where you’re coming from.

Ashley Kennille
Ashley Kennille

It’s heartbreaking. I had to make sure I wasn’t subscribed to them cause I don’t want anything to do with either of them. Self hatred /racism is pathetic. And I do think ppl can change but not when you are in fact apart of that group. Their attitudes have probably always been that way and will probably never change. In short if a white person said all of those things they wouldn’t trust them or forgive them so why should we think Raven and Vicky are any better than a white supremacist.

Denise Rae Groce

They hold hands with the KKK.

hidaya
hidaya

young and dumb! #bye

fromanotherplanet
fromanotherplanet

Apologizing cos your dollar count is about to drop huh? LOL

Bye Felicia.

EXACTLYYYYYYYYYYY

Keenya
Keenya

Wow Vicky Logan.…your words have surprised me. Is this the same woman who has a YouTube channel that is full of weave hair and false nails and perfectly arched eyebrows that I am sure at some point in her life an Asian person plucked. The same platform that is making you the big bucks right now is the same platform that is about to distroy you. I guess you just weren’t bright enough to know that what you put on the internet NEVER goes away. And the way you think, yeah you might have matured “some” but that sounds like… Read more »

Rose
Rose

How many more scandals need to happen before people realize not to idolize any woman or man to godlike levels, not even your mom or your dad, and absolutely not some random Youtuber or “famous” person. What the heck do they know?

Reply to  Rose

thank you!

Reply to  Rose

Exactly!! We all know how sheeple do! Yet these same people scream racism or black lives matter. We have a bunch of blacks who are two faced.

ugh
ugh

Self hate, anti-blackness and the promotion of colorism is strong here, they aren’t alone. Every corner of the Black community worldwide is filled with such disturbing behaviour, it makes me sad how common it is, that as a whole we still value the beauty of a race that doesn’t look like us and doesn’t give two shits about us above our own. Sigh. I wish I could have the pleasure to unsub from them but I didn’t know who these pieces of trash were until today. If any Black person still support them after this, they are just as self… Read more »

PalmBeachie
PalmBeachie

Self hate is a sad…sad…thing. Pathetic.

Kim
Kim

I’ve never watched Vicky, but I watch Raven Elyse pretty regularly (her vlogs more than anything though). I never went to her other social media accounts until weeks ago. I noticed her tweets and snapchats could be a bit condescending at times or filled with angry rants 80% of the time (moreso snapchat for the latter though). She would also mention her skin tone at the most irrelevant times which I found odd, but didn’t think much of (except recent musings about her baby that seemed to be fetishizing light-skinned/mixed babies which despite her own skin tone read a bit…weird,… Read more »

CocoaGoddess

And are they any better when they call people ghetto and monkeys? We’re all black, so some whites probably see us as the same. As for me, I’m no saint, but that’s how people will see them. Childish ass bishes, which is what I meant to say. God bless btw

KoKo
KoKo

wow i use to really like these girls youtube channels.. but they now have shown their true colours , unsubscribe *yawn*

Breanna
Breanna

It’s so crazy to me that they have so many negative and trashy things to say about black women when we’re their main (if not only) supporters. I mean how many white women do you think are watching their videos about weaves and wigs. Vicky has so much to say about how black people treat each other when her comments were the epitome of disrespect towards her OWN people. And the white people are probably just laughing at them. Smh. I never expected this from them.

Reply to  Breanna

preach!

Leanna
Leanna

I’m calling the BS on this BS!!!!! are ya’ll for real???? these tweets are from almost 5 years ago before solidarity and consciousness became trending topics ya’ll wanna judge these women for something that they tweeted and said in the past. Sure, what they said was not tasteful and we should all watch what we put out on social media but at the same time the same way we all “conscious” now and wanna “fight the man” all the sudden we can’t bash them for some ignorant statements said in 2011… I’m absolutely positive that there is no one here… Read more »

beabrezzy91
beabrezzy91
Reply to  Leanna

nah man. some of those tweets from like august!

YawzMamas
YawzMamas
Reply to  Leanna

Solidarity and consciousness are trends? Well doggone!

Dally
Dally
Reply to  Leanna

The last tweets date back to 2014 so that’s not that old for all of them!

liloo
liloo
Reply to  Dally

right!!! that was a year ago!

SheridaDaily
Reply to  Leanna

*smirks* is that you Raven/Vicky? It’s silly to say that social/political consciousness is a recent thing, it isn’t. The most recent splurges of online activism may seem as though people are only “waking” up now, but that is only because it has almost become the main method of communication for the younger generation (digital natives). The dialogue was there WAY before the internet and WAY after the internet. And I have NEVER ever spoken about any group of people in this foul manner, not now and certainly not when I was 21/22 (which is how old they would’ve been? idk).… Read more »

Reply to  SheridaDaily

I guess she never heard of the Black Panther movement or Malcolm X.

Reply to  Leanna

that would be true if being conscious was a “trend”. the fact that you said that shows ignorance. Maybe it is a trend for YOU because you just hopped on the bandwagon but for some of us its been a fight all our life! i resent that. It makes sense why you owuldnt see anything wrong with it. Because consciousness is a “trend” to you. How could it bother you when you just woke up.

Kay
Kay
Reply to  Leanna

Some of them were just a few months ago.

Reply to  Leanna

Your whole comment is BS; correct yourself and have a seat!

lecia p
lecia p

Bc the 1st video..she was arrogant Saying that she could explain but she wouldnt. Then she felt it hurting her coins and her rep so she back peddled… but note how she sounded AMUSED IN THE SNAP CHAT rant? that was NOT an apology. it was her giving excuses to justify her deplorable behavior. Behavior that she clearly felt was justified and excusable. that was her arrogant and narcissistic personality showing its ugly face. anybody that took that as an apology is just plain stupid. I wanted to reach through the snapchat and punch her in the face for finding… Read more »

lecia p
lecia p

I don’t follow IG..private means they can only get new followers if they request right?
Guess they might have been getting a lot of hate Tweets 🙂 oh well!They should stay private. They have nothing worth sharing!

Reply to  lecia p

Yeah, private is only requested followers. I guess they don’t want any angry people coming at them because they feel bad now. Whatever you post is on there forever

Reply to  lecia p

Yeah, private is requested followers. I guess they don’t want any angry people coming at them. And I totally agree with you XD

Annamuffin
Annamuffin

Well I’m not suprised these women use dark skin women to make money and then degrade them at every trun…

Annamuffin
Annamuffin

Taren 916 all over again…

Lilprick
Lilprick

I quite honestly don’t know either of these women no do I follow them, but that Asian post had me rolling because it’s true. Anyone else notice how many Asians own stores in those industries? XD

Reply to  Lilprick

I have two of those stores 6 miles away from my house. My grandma always goes there to her hair oils! LOL!

lis
lis

They told on themselves.….sigh.……Unfortunately, Black women are taught to hate themselves and each other.…what is the end game of this expose..to shame them.….to drum them off of youtube…what?.… because if so then you all also need to go after all those black men ‘our men’, on youtube degrading, spreading lies about, and all up under Black women’s clothes and getting support and profiting off it.….TAKE ALL OF THEM DOWN THEN!.… I wonder if miss pro Black girl go as hard on the rappers and those males on youtube as she went on these two Black chics(they deserve to be dragged…don’t… Read more »

Kinsmankid
Kinsmankid

Both of them seem mentally unstable, with superiority complexes. At least Victoria did apologize.

lis
lis

True.…but they would have to work on their self esteem first and that’s just too much work…

Deysha
Deysha

These tweets really broke my heart. Coming from someone that was actually a supporter it hurts to even think that this was once how either one of them thought. Vicky and Raven make this image as black women supporting other black women but now it seems as though they did/do have some internal hate that hits deep. They are not truly looking at this from the outside perspective. Vicky addressing the issue on Twitter seemed as though she wanted it to be swept under the rug and Raven won’t even address the situation formally. That’s were my problem lies.

Alia Varzea

Please don’t name your children Raven from now on! It seems since 2015 it has been cursed!

Shay
Shay

Perfect example of hypocrisy; not the vloggers, but the responders. We can’t act like we’ve never said, tweeted, posted, emailed, or texted something we regretted afterwards. And we can’t act like we’ve never had to apologize about something we’ve done and wanted forgiveness from the other person. And we definitely can’t judge the sincerity of an apology! I pray nothing but the best for these young ladies. Thanks for taking responsibility for your words.

Reply to  Shay

if you want to say that then forgive the KKK. forgive Donald Trump because he could just be saying things that he may regret in later years. where does it start and end? you cant let this be okay and then be mad at the racial comments Donald Trump makes. Thats whats wrong with some people in the black community. A white person calls you a nigga and its all hell and then a black person does it and its fine. DRAW A LINE and stick to it. If its wrong then its wrong no matter what the complexion

Reply to  Shay

It’s funny that you think praying will help these two racists!

Airianna
Airianna

I went straight to youtube and unfollowed both of these women I wont support anyone who feels and says things like this about black people. Talking about coonery these two are the biggest coons on youtube with these tweets and ignorant statements. Young and dumb yea right both ladies were over 18 when these tweets were written so you should have known come on now. But of course we do live in America and you can say what ever you like but my support is definitely not mandatory

Kim
Kim

Cathy0001
Cathy0001

I’m guessing they issued video apologies for the extraa clicks?

Franchesca
Franchesca

I’m so shocked. I can’t believe they tweeded these things. It’s so offensive.

beabrezzy91
beabrezzy91

was looking for a way to give them the benefit of doubt as a supporter of both girls. but some of these tweets are seriously jacked. unsubscribing.

Cosita
Cosita

I am not familiar with them as I only sub vloggers with natural hair. Confucius says “Karma can make the ass you dis today the ass you kiss tomorrow.“Life lesson 132

Reply to  Cosita

Best comment ever!

alasia min
alasia min

This is why I don’t pay attention to most people in this Western society. So many seem too stupid

alasia min
alasia min

Also Raven Elysse isn’t black

Aaliyah21215
Aaliyah21215
Reply to  alasia min

Why isn’t she?? This is from every single YT video she posts “Ethnicity: African American”. Is that not black??

ESSIEMAE
ESSIEMAE

I’m gonna give them another change though and I implore others to give them another chance because we do the same to white ppl when they tweet half assed apologies. Its equality 2016 right?! Nah but seriously it seems like they’ve internalized some serious stuff.

aja
aja
Reply to  ESSIEMAE

Ridiculous.

Anon46
Anon46

Maybe people should find better things to do with their time than following ignorant, uneducated, vapid, superficial, self important young girls on YouTube and Twitter. Folks sre so concerned about these nitwits being self hating, but how self hating must you be to be so wrapped up into beibg fans of peoole who don’t look like you or represent anything more than being pretty and popular?

ALIXYVETH
ALIXYVETH
Reply to  Anon46

yes and yes!

nubian queen528
nubian queen528

Someone should put these bleached mixed chicks in their place! Somebody should teach these negropean mixed chicks, the origin of mulattos! The first mulattos were born from the abuse perpetrated by white men on black women! Their white mothers, they are too much busy to teach their mixed children such crap as self hate, anti-blackness and how to have light skin is more beautiful, why they don’t talk about slavery and how black men were hanged on the rope for false rapes perpetrated by white women? No, too much to be ashamed! Their white mothers are too cowardly to talk… Read more »

Habibty
Habibty

Both of them have 2 black parents that feed them this anti-black nonsense

jay jay
jay jay

NEGROPEANZs-yes.

BB shark
BB shark

Someone should put these bleached mixed chicks in their place
negropean mixed chicks

I can’t tell, but I think you are a troll…? Yes?

ad
ad

While the tweets were horrible, and the apologies insincere to me the bigger problem is not the blatant self hate but the portion of black people that validate these negative stereotypes. We as black people need to stick together but we also need to check each other if we are ever going to progress as a community. Ghetto rachetness is not something I’m going to go all problack over, nor glorification of the “thug” lifestyle. Its unfortunate that blackness as a whole is ONLY associated with low class ignorant behavior in many peoples (and these two ladies) minds i.e why… Read more »

Reply to  ad

??

Chloe
Chloe
Reply to  ad

You agree with the Asian hair shops comment? WTF? Black women were very coifed and classy looking in the 30’s, 40’s and 50’s, decades before Asian beauty supply shops began popping up in our neighborhoods. Pick up a history book, geez. We did not and do not currently need weaves to look good.

jay jay
jay jay
Reply to  ad

UPVOTE-partially.

They’re childish

trackback

[…] Colorism surfaced in a barrage of social media exchanges between two beauty bloggers: […]

Lucky502
Lucky502

These broads may as well have stood with those Beckys from Desert Vista High school. You know, the ones who spelled the N‑word with the letters on their t shirts.
Those heffas would have fit right in.
As a REAL Sista, I don’t have time for that mess.
Much love to Black people.

Staci Elle

Dont not support these ladies. They were adults when they made these disgusting comments, let them gear their businesses towards the people they respect, whites.

jay jay
jay jay
Reply to  Staci Elle

YAS

chewy

The biggest concern here is self-love. And if these girls had that, would they be speaking in such ways? Love is the most important thing ever so if these girls don’t understand that, they won’t understand or accept the world around them. What we see in others is merely what we see in ourselves 🙂

Biss
Biss

Wow, those tweets are painful to read. All I have to say to those two vloggers is it doesn’t matter how beautiful you are or how beautiful you think you are because hatred will always make you ugly. These disgusting comments are the type that shouldn’t be shared publicly, completely classless.

87PAGES
87PAGES

Thanks Kendra!

Krystal Roundtree
Krystal Roundtree

These are disgusting and I’m in unsubscribing right now! It’s no point in entertaining people like this who lack sense and think that what they do dosent hold an impact or represent who they are. Apology or not I’m done with these #witless individuals. I

bossipcommenter
bossipcommenter

i thought she was hacked! UNSUBSCRIBE

berrybeautiful1
berrybeautiful1

[UNSUBSCRIBE] THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!!!!

Sam
Sam

These girls are shameless. Their family should be embarresed. One think I hate more than dog poo and rodents is self haters who don’t even have the good sense to keep it to themselves. #readabookwhydon’tyou!

jay jay
jay jay
Reply to  Sam

AGREED.

aja
aja

They are only apologizing because they got caught. They are disingenuous. They stated what they believe. Don’t waste any more energy on these miscreants just let vanish into obscurity and they will.

aja
aja

I couldn’t agree more. We all get angry when white people say racist things, but when a black person says something similar or even worse we wanna forgive and pray for them and attribute it to the failings of youth. Well, when I was their age I never felt the way they do about our own people nor would I ever let my mouth say such vile things. It’s part of who THEY are. Out of the mouth speaks the heart. They can pray for them all they want, but it won’t make a difference.

jay jay
jay jay

i DON’T forgive you hoes-fvck that.

LBC
LBC

Vicki get it from her daddy G Craige lewis of EX-ministries…he feels the same way about black people and has built his entire ministry on being the gospel police (even though he is a hypocrite)

Suzana
Suzana

For one, they are from Texas, which is an EXTREMELY racist state. So take that into account. It’s just a shame that they as African American women fell victim to the anti-blackness mindset. I am really disappointed. Never really cared for Raven, but Vicky? That hurt and can’t even look at her the same anymore. I feel like I always saw this anti-blackness in her but never really paid attention to it. This exposure really shed that light and I am now unsubscribed to her. She needs to be apologizing to her damn self for practicing self hate. It ain’t… Read more »

lily
lily

How disappointing ?

Ivie9ja
Ivie9ja

I actually would be willing to believe that it is possible to be reformed to suddelny be aware after being taught your heritage and a modicum of black pride. These things were said in ignorance and it is very possible to become AWARE. I once told a family member that his daughter resembled another little girl in the family and after I sent him a picture of her he gasped and said how dare I say his daughter looked as black and burnt as the other little girl and he is Nigerian born and raised his entire life. He is… Read more »

Guest
Guest

Lol! These women represent self-hate at its finest. No one should be surprised when you see these mentally sick individuals walking around in our community. No one!

Lovely
Lovely

I shall go un-subscribe from Raven she always says and does ghetto ratchet things which makes everything she said more hilarious. Single and pregnant arguing with her baby daddy on social media going on ghetto snapchat rants. I will forgive Vicky her tweets were from 2011 and I am sure she is more embarrassed than anything. raven probably walking around thinking people are just hating on her.

Reply to  Lovely

She’s complaining about how black people are “monkeys”. But she out here arguing with her baby daddy, and she’s single and pregant.……not saying that’s a bad thing, but she acts as if that’s not her case

Holly
Holly
Reply to  Lovely

Exactly, Vicky had the decency and integrity to apologise, on twitter, youtube, here on this website…going out of her way. I admire her for that. She’s not the only one who’s ever felt this way. And no one’s ever made my worst comments known to the world. That takes bravery to own up for that. I reallt believe she’s sincerely sorry. Although the last incident was in 2015, I think that last one was more of an opinion not really thought through properly. Black people should be respected regardless. Raven however, needs to learn humility. I admire so many other… Read more »

Stephanie Cross
Stephanie Cross

Glad I never followed either of them. I’m also glad that they’re being put on blast. It will be funny to see how many followers they have after this.

Sandy
Sandy

speechless…just absolute disgust with what I just read with those tweets. Ladies who still follow these ladies after this, check yourselves.

kim
kim

Of course she’s going to say she no longer feels that way, you think she wants to mess up her money. And lose subscribers shoot she gotta clear that up fast. I don’t care what she says she’s apologizing to save her sponsors and Subbies. I’m glad I was never subscribed to either of them.

Sully
Sully

They act like these tweets was 10 years ago when they were 12 year olds. They acted like 12 year olds, but those tweets were from 2–3 years ago. Hell, that’s not that long ago!

Barbara Belle
Barbara Belle

Why do people “follow ” anyone ? Just live your life. But if you were …why are most black women brown and dark skinned with tight coiled hair even making mixed women the most famous of these movements in the first place ? What do we expect ? WE put black men first. Mixed women first. White people first.. black sons first. What about ACTUAL black women first ? What’s wrong with THAT?!

Reply to  Barbara Belle

Exactly! Then they scream black lives matter!

TLD
TLD

Amazing.…After I read all of the comments; this really didn’t seem to bother no one. Oh well.….We haven’t overcome because this should have bothered everyone!!!! WOW!!! Garbage at it’s finest. If you are still following these girls it’s your fault because it’s proof they are fake!!!!!!! They are feeding lies; you have read their truth!!!!Jesus take the wheel.

Asia
Asia

While she didn’t want to explain herself, she did just that.

Lolalao
Lolalao

Self hate is strong..Lol

Diamond d from Texas
Diamond d from Texas

at the time they wrote them tweets both girl were very immature and also in high school so WTF?? at lest they have learned from their mistakes and not out here in there late/mid 40’s acting like Stacey Dash lol.. that’s sad

LILOO
LILOO

How old are they now?

Cicely
Cicely

I’ve been a long time subscriber of both of these women, and while their Youtube channels seem to be pretty inspiring, it sucks that they don’t always walk the walk. I don’t follow either of them on Twitter, though, so I had no idea they were saying things like this. It looks like the tweets got slightly less horrible with time–so hopefully that’s a sign that they’re learning (or I could just be biased). I know I’ve tweeted some things in the past that wouldn’t represent me at all today (although nothing this bad), so I do believe people can… Read more »

Ari
Ari

They can both kiss the blackest part of my ass. “My family is black, my husband is black, the majority of my friends are black, so I obviously don’t have any hatred towards black people, I never have” <—— who that sound like y’all? lmfao. They must have come from an especially anti-Black environment. I’m privileged to not know that life because I have NEVER referred to myself or other Black people as “niggers,” made derogatory remarks about our hair, or buy into that bullshit ass respectability politic that we need to “Respect ourselves” for other races to respect us.… Read more »

Reply to  Ari

Exactly!

PrimmestPlum
PrimmestPlum

Wow. These tweets are horrendous. Such pretty girls being so ugly. Beauty really is only skin deep.
I would take their apologies with a grain of salt. Colorist and internalized racism like that doesn’t just go away. I’ve honestly never heard of these beauty vloggers until now and I’m quite glad I haven’t.

Denise Rae Groce

That’s why blacks are still at the bottom, no respect for one another!

ALIXYVETH
ALIXYVETH

gonna leave this right here. THIS IS A MUST WATCH. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQuBc8kUKOo

anw160
anw160

I don’t follow either one of these bloggers, but I will not definitely follow them now. Internalized hatred is such a tragic thing.

Lacey Dadrey
Lacey Dadrey

My biggest issue is with Raven Elyse. All proud intelligent black women should stop following this racist witch. There is no place for her ignorant rants.

M B E
M B E

I just heard about these black self hating women today. I in subscribed to Raven, but not before I told her how she feeds into her own stereotype, being a black woman not married oh and what did she say using the system and assumed to be on food stamps. There is no excuse for what they said. As for Vicky I never watched her any dam way. She needs to be educated on the history of her people. Not to tear us down but to embrace us and learn how to support our community.

M B E
M B E

I meant to say Raven is pregnant and unmarried and assumed to be on food stamps.

ssuga
ssuga

Wow. I did not expect some of these tweets..