[Pic] Rapper Da Brat Shows Off New Glam Look and Curly Do

Avatar • Jan 14, 2016

The first platinum-selling female rapper turned Empire actress and radio host, Da Brat debuted a new curly look this week on her Instagram account.

da brat natural curls

This is a departure from Da Brat’s normal style of braids and plaits.

da brat natural hair twists

da brat stretched natural hair

Da Brat Hardball Premiere Paramount Pictures Studios Los Angeles, California USA September 10, 2001 Photo by Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com To license this image (235032), contact WireImage: +1 212-686-8900 (tel) +1 212-686-8901 (fax) sales@wireimage.com (e-mail) www.wireimage.com (web site)

What do you think of her new ‘Glam’ look?

KnottyNatural

She has always been beautiful but the new look amplifies her beauty!

Myllee
Myllee
Reply to  KnottyNatural

I agree; her and Queen Latifah are mad beautiful to me and talented rappers.

cryssi
cryssi

She’s beautiful, but I would prefer it if it wasn’t a wig.

Camille
Camille
Reply to  cryssi

There are WAY too many wigs and weaves in “natural hair”. I’m not saying that people shouldn’t use them, but there is nothing natural about them. I have never understood how relaxers/texturizers/heat training are bad and unnatural but weaves/wigs are protective styling, even when people choose not to show what is underneath them.

cryssi
cryssi
Reply to  Camille

Plus I just remember her gorgeous hair when u was a kid…She probably has a bomb “wash n go”

Nony
Nony
Reply to  Camille

The difference is relaxers/texturizers are caustic chemicals being used on ones head to alter the natural texture, versus covering one’s natural texture to protect it from the elements, while still maintaining a fashionable appearance.

December86
December86
Reply to  Camille

I understand what you are saying, its nothing natural about a wig… but I love my wigs! When wash day comes around and I’m tired I can easily pop on a wig. Or when I don’t want to add heat to my natural hair I can wear a wig. My hair is protected underneath with a cap and well oiled if need be. I have different color wigs to experiment so I don’t actually dye/bleach my natural hair. So there is a difference, most people wear wigs to experiment rather than actually perform the other practices that could possibly cause… Read more »

FromTokyo
FromTokyo
Reply to  December86

Exactly! I wear them sometimes if I want red hair one day or I want another color another day, short hair one day and long another (though I don’t do long very often), or whatever. I wear my natural hair most days, but it’s fun to change it up! I love having completely different looks depending on the occasion. Folks know what hair is mine and I never hide behind a wig. I think that’s what they’re for if you’re not using them because of hair loss; they’re for having fun.

Camille
Camille
Reply to  December86

I don’t think there is anything wrong with wigs, but the wigs themselves are not natural and are no more relevant than relaxers etc.- particularly when the wigs are just more straight hair.

lis
lis

Flattering makeup.….a smile.…She’s grown up.

FromTokyo
FromTokyo

She looks really pretty.

Slim Jones
Slim Jones

Absolutely beautiful!

Elle P.
Elle P.

She looks good!

Rose
Rose

Wow, it seems that a lot of celebrities want the natural look. It is very en vogue right now. It just goes to show how powerful is we every-day ladies are. We rock our hair with such confidence that we have created a space for black women in the media and highly visible positions to do the same. Rock on ladies.

The natural look is very fresh on her. She looks way healthier and more beautiful. She even looks younger.