34 Nude Lip Colors for All Shades of Black Women

Avatar • Jan 24, 2016

How many times have you picked up a “nude” lipstick and found yourself asking, “Nude on who?” Finding a nude or natural-looking lipstick for women of color is always a challenge. Thankfully the ladies below have taken some of the guess-work out of trying to find a nude lipstick that goes well with our varying shades of brown.

NYX Cosmetics Lip Lingerie in Beauty Mark, See the full review HERE

Colourpop Cosmetics in Teenie Tiny

Ruby Kisses Matte in Bare Nude and MAC Cosmetics lip liner in Cork.

Limelight by Alcone Macroon Lip Color with Faith Lip Gloss

NYX High Voltage Lipstick in Stone.

MAC Chestnut Liner, MAC Faux lipstick

Mac Yash with Chestnut Lip Liner

Myth lipstick and Cork lip liner by MAC

MAC Blankety

MAC Velvet Teddy

Bow n’ Arrow by Kat Von D

Marc Jacobs J’adore

CoverGirl Star Wars Limited Edition Colorlicious Lipstick (Nude 70)

NYX Liquid Suede Lipstick in Sandstrom w/Mac Chestnut Liner

Nicka K “Natural”

Revlon Truffle Tease

Mac Velvet Teddy

Stingray by Colourpop Cosmetics

Motives for La La Mineral Lipstick — 24K.

Gloss Ware Long Lasting Lip Gloss in “Get Wet”

Which color is your favorite?

About Lisa Jean Francois

I'm a Lipstick-obsessed Journalist and Fashion Blogger. You can find me over on my blog or youtube channel swatching lippies and strutting around in 5-inch heels. I'm a also a brand coach, specializing in video marketing and digital brand development. Find me @lisaalamode.

Davina916
Davina916

Bare It All by Wet-n-Wild is also a good nude, priced at $1.99.

Biss
Biss

I am loving that Mac Velvet Teddy, though it would not look nude on my skin tone since I have a slightly olive tint to my mixed skin, but the lipstick color itself is superb.

Astraea13
Astraea13

I’m confused. Is the nude lip supposed to match your real lip color or match your face? I’ve seen both referred to as such.

EmpressZombie
EmpressZombie

None of these will be nude for me as I’m much darker than all these women. Sigh.

Lis
Lis

lol … That and regular makeup application (not the contouring type). Like when did make-up application became colour by number?

Jos
Jos

I feel like the vast majority of these were mac or nyx rather that other more affordable brands

michelle
michelle
Reply to  Jos

NYX is pretty affordable! It’s considered a drugstore brand.

Jos
Jos

Try a dark lip liner with nudes which have slight brown or pink in them. For example fleur in la girl matte lipstick or mac persistence with a pink brown or straight brown lip liner

Shiru
Shiru

NYX Prague is a bright pink, not nude at all

alexwek
alexwek

not feeling it

Elle P.
Elle P.

Colourpop has a greater range of colors .I was hoping for more lipcolors for darker skin tones

Oumou Gueye Sagna
Oumou Gueye Sagna

I have dark lips, as in dark chocolate 85% lips and none of these colours would come up as nude on me (trust me, many makeup consultants have tried). Is it possible to showcase women with naturally dark lips wearing light colours?

S. Williams
S. Williams

the trick with nudes is to cover your lips as well with a little foundation to give yourself a base. this way your lips are at least the same color as your skin and the way the color looked like against your hand will be better reflected if you use your foundation to match your skin tone as well

B.
B.

These colors are great and all but when are normal looking eyebrows going to come back again?? Some of these ladies looking like they colored their eyebrows with a sharpie.

Erin Mabray
Erin Mabray

Seeing how I have all of Melt Cosmetics lipsticks, I can safely say they don’t have a color called Wicked. Wonder what shade she’s talking about…

Reece Wynter
Reece Wynter

I really enjoy this blog, and appreciate all of the different types of subject covered… that said, I have to admit that I wasn’t very excited to see another makeup article. Am I the only one who feels this way? Perhaps I should do what I always have and simply not click on the story.. I just guess I was thinking they would be more occasional then they have been lately.

Reece Wynter
Reece Wynter

You know what? I just read the author’s specialty is lipsticks. So I retract my earlier comment.