[Pic] Teyana Taylor’s Body 6 Days After Giving Birth is Bananas!

Avatar • Dec 23, 2015

Teyana Taylor had an incredible birth experience. The 25-year-old singer had an unexpected home birth when her daughter was delivered in her bathroom by fiance and NBA star Iman Shumpert. She recounted the experience on Instagram.

On Dec 16th at 6:42am in our bathroom Junie decided she wanted to take her first breath into this world. She came out as a wonderful surprise to everyone! Not knowing I was in labor until I felt her head…it took two ten count pushes with my fiancé playing Dr and she entered this world into his bare hands! Eyes full of tears and barely able to speak to the emergency operator @imanshumpert tied a pair of red headphones around the umbilical cord and the ambulance made there grand entrance 5 min later. She opened her eyes right away, gazed into mine and never cried! He handed her to me wrapped in our bath towel and wiped her face for me to see what LOVE really is. She has blown Christmas away! Our family is complete. Her blueprint will be unmatched. Welcome Iman Tayla Shumpert Jr. Mommy carried you. Daddy delivered you. #MeetTheParents we love you baby girl”

You can hear a 911 recording of the birth here (heads up, the dispatcher is kind of a dick…)

The story is amazing, but what’s even more incredible is Teyana’s post-baby snapback. She posted the following photo on Instagram with the caption;

Dear Baby Iman.… Thank you for this snap back in 6 days ???????? I love you my darling. Lol #AintNoGymBih #StillGotALongWayToGoButImGettimgThere ??”

tt

Now, we all know the routine of celebrities who give birth then hide from the cameras for several weeks while intensely dieting and exercising, and then emerge slender and chalk it up to something ridiculous like hiking. In that context, we’re loving how transparent Taylor’s snapback photo it.

To be clear most women don’t have a snapback like this. It takes months, and sometimes years to lose baby weight (if that is your aim). And even if the weight is lost, stretch marks, C‑section scars and sagging breasts can remain. But we can still marvel at the incredible regenerative abilities of Teyana’s body!

Tonya
Tonya

Well she IS 25 and she took care of herself before getting pregnant and while pregnant.

OXxo
OXxo
Reply to  Tonya

I’ve met women who took care of themselves before, during and after pregnancy and they had to work at it even at that age. There as I’m related to a couple of women who did very little and they snapped back in their 20’s and early 30’s.

The women I am most impressed by are the ones I know with twins, who had C‑sections and worked at it. Why? Because they didn’t have nannies, chefs etc so all their exercise had to fit around them looking after their children and their husband’s working hours.

Chevanne

*sigh* This post-baby snap back is nothing new and very exasperating. Pregnancy and birthing are traumatic experiences and every woman gets to where she wants to be in her own time. The escalating contest of who can get back to “normal” soonest after baby is formulaic and sad. Who cares? Keep it to yourself. There are no heroes in this and it only drives unrealistic expectations from women who have a lot more to worry about.

PollyWollyNo
PollyWollyNo
Reply to  Chevanne

Oh please, just give the girl her “well done” and stop making excuses for why you look the way you do.

Chevanne
Reply to  PollyWollyNo

This is exactly what I’m talking about. You don’t know me or any other woman who has given birth. Thanks for the snap judgment, though!

boop boop
boop boop
Reply to  Chevanne

This whole thread is full of snap judgement ain’t that the pot calling the kettle black

Chevanne
Reply to  boop boop

Last time I checked, chick came at me saying I make excuses for myself. Said nothing about that.

LittleBabyBug Jones
LittleBabyBug Jones
Reply to  Chevanne

she’s ignorant. it never ocurred to her that plenty of women who “snapped back” with no visible signs of having been pregnant might also have found this attention-seeking and unnecessary. coming out of pregnancy with no stretch marks or flabby tummy is nothing brag-worthy. it all reeks of being overly concerned about what men think and whether they want to f*** us after we’ve had a child. i’m not here for it.

PollyWollyNo
PollyWollyNo
Reply to  Chevanne

Wow, what a hypocrite. Like I said, give the girl her well done. Stop making comparisons, and instead work on yourself. A hit dog WILL holler.

Chevanne
Reply to  PollyWollyNo

Media makes comparison and people who happen to fit their mold have an investment in keeping it alive. Nothing to do with jealousy or coveting someone else’s body. I give props to any mom’s body but this is a conversation about holding up this unrealistic standard. Try to stay on topic.

Rose
Rose
Reply to  Chevanne

I agree with you. We live in such a narcissistic society that instead of this woman enjoying her baby she is posting stomach selfie for likes and comments online. Why does everything need to be seen? Who are we trying to impress? Is she doing this to sexually satisfy men and (she hopes) to gain envy from women? It is so attention-seeking and for reasons which are pathetic and shallow.

Dee
Dee

Sure!! That picture is so photoshopped it’s a shame.

Kaila Smith

Am I the only one who said “whatttt??” out loud?

*starts doing sit ups in bed*

Leila
Leila
Reply to  Kaila Smith

NO I literally did the same!!!! *Throws out all my icecream*

MyFluffyPuffs

She’s always had a tight tummy so there’s really no surprise here. How else do you think women of yesterday used to pop out babies back to back?

Rose
Rose

Exactly, Giving birth is a real deal! Some women are lucky to have their life after giving birth, let alone their six pack. So your stomach is flat afterwards, who cares? Some women die giving birth, some have prolapsed uterus, some have major scarring from the huge surgery (aka c‑section), some women have post-pregnancy depression so horrible. I am sorry, but I don’t give two turds about what your stomach looks like after you gave birth. You are married. Get all of that desperately wanted attention from your husband.

OXxo
OXxo

Actually being very thin can be worse as you can end up with loads of lose skin.

Ms. D
Ms. D

I gave birth at 33 and snapped back — people couldn’t believe I’d been preg- nant. I didn’t have a six pack but got back to pre pregnancy weight in less than 4 weeks. Of course it depends on your body and what you were doing diet and exercise wise pre-pregnancy but BREASTFEEDING is designed to help your uterus return to it’s normal size really quickly.

Michelle Spice
Michelle Spice

She just gave birth — only six days! The body takes a whole year to get back to normal including weight gain and weight loss and everything else it needs to experience. These things are very private, say thank God, the universe and the ancestors you had a safe delivery. Take time away from the the spotlight and camera for self care for both you and and your newborn daughter. Cleanse inwardly first before you have your crutch pronounced in the face of your partner telling the world you just gave birth six days ago.

eyitoni fagbure
eyitoni fagbure
Reply to  Michelle Spice

Everybody goes through their journey differently. So you can’t say that, i understand that that’s what you would do but then this is what she is doing and she shouldn’t be judge for it.

thewholetruthandnuttenbut
thewholetruthandnuttenbut
Reply to  Michelle Spice

Not always. My South African friend has two children, size 4 like me with a smaller waistline. She said as soon as she gave birth, her belly went right down, no marks, no sagging skin. I know others in my family like that too.

misspeggy
misspeggy

She is lying !!!!

book boop
book boop

So much shade in the comments where is my sun hat let her have her damn moment it’s always some over analytical people without a masters in psychology in sight talking about the next person intention and mind state put the claws back ladies and relax

eljjai
eljjai

I’m sorry but I call lies. I don’t doubt that her body truly looks like that but not after 6 days. Where did the extra skin go in six days? Does she have a button that automatically shrinks her uterus that quickly? It’s just not biologically possible. Not matter how fit she was throughout her pregnancy.

fromanotherplanet
fromanotherplanet

She’s very fit and has always had a tight tummy. This is no news. But then again, her career is ghost so I guess this is what she has to do to drum up publicty ‑sips-

thewholetruthandnuttenbut
thewholetruthandnuttenbut

lol but that’s not her prob though

La Bella Bre'
La Bella Bre'

I call b.s. as well…I have had 2 C‑sections (medically necessary), and I am Jada Pinkett Smith’s weight and height …the uterus still takes time to shrink. That is not a 6 day tummy. She probably took that photo very early in her pregnancy and is just now posting it. Evenso, the tummy could flatten in 6 days, as mine did with my daughter, my first child, but it would not be sculpted like it is in this photo. The uterus takes several weeks to return to normal size, and it at times still remains a bit larger than pre-pregnancy. Not… Read more »

LittleBabyBug Jones
LittleBabyBug Jones
Reply to  La Bella Bre'

thank you. said it better than i could!

LittleBabyBug Jones
LittleBabyBug Jones

i’m not impressed with this article, BGLH. this is holding this woman’s body up to a standard that is insensitive and tactless in the broader scheme of maternity and pregnancy. i’m pregnant with my second now, and while my body did ‘bounce’ back from my first within a matter of days, the reality is that many women, if not most, have much longer transitions ‘back’ and that’s even if their bodies go back to looking the way they did. in any case, looking sexy after popping out a baby shouldn’t be something a woman gets congratulated on, seeing as how… Read more »

Truth Hurts
Truth Hurts

At 25 and already very thin this is not surprising or news.….next!

Elodie Careme
Elodie Careme

I m slim and fitted. It took me a few weeks to get back to “normal” not to loose my extra belly but to have the firmness back. And I did not put on a lot of weight. If it s an authentic picture, I m glad for her but I find it hard to achieve after 5 days. But above all, I find it frustrating for millions of women whose body never recovers from pregnancy, who have to fight hard and sometimes don t succeed to be fit again and for those with self esteem issues…I m not sure… Read more »