#ManTracks: Yes, Men Are Rocking Weaves Too

Avatar • Nov 3, 2015

Of course, toupees have been a thing for men with balding hair, but now even those who have been used to rocking just a low-cut fade are longing for the look of longer hair.

Enter #mantracks coined by stylist Aaron White or I.Am.Hair on Instagram

mantracks

mantracks2

manweaves2

Stylist Alexander Armand shows us a flawless sew-in is possible no matter what.

manweave

It’s no secret, that the undercut hairstyle has been one of the most popular hair styles on men across the board for the past couple of years, and just like some of us girlfriends, it seems like the brothers really want to rush through the TWA and awkward stage of their growth journey!

One stylist, iam.nubian even does crochet braids on her male clients to create the look of a fuller high top

crochet braids men

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 7.04.30 AM

Alright fellas, go for it! Just remember to give your edges a break every now and then! #teamedges

What do you think of #mantracks?

About Rinny

Texan by birth, Los Angeleno by situation. Lover of Tame Impala and Shoegaze music. Comedian by trade. Macaroni and Cheese connoisseur by appetite.

Cosita
Cosita

Most of these dosn’t look good to me esprcially the last one looks unnatural the wai it is attached. Maybe with better installation techniques I would be a fan. I think in a few months they could grow their hair that long. I recently found out some dudes get their hair cuts every week.

Free Tea
Free Tea

There’s actually no real logic behind my feelings…but this makes me feel some type of way.

I wonder if this is how some men feel about weave/crochet braids.

Victoria Owl
Victoria Owl

I don’t know how to feel about this. I’m just not sure how I feel about heterosexual men that are this heavily into their looks…Just not my preference I suppose. But hey, It’s something different and that’s alright.

Neema
Neema

LOLLLL. This is just not right. Imagine going to the salon with your man to get his tracks redone. We all know most guys wuldnt be able to maintain this. WARNING! THE ABOVE STUNT WAS PERFORMED BY A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL. DO NOT BY ANY CIRCUMSTANCE TRY IT AT HOME.

Kbbjj
Kbbjj

Male chrochet braids are genius!

tee
tee

Why not just grow it? Men hair seem to grow at super speed because they leave it alone( no/ very low manipulation). The metrosexual style is in full effect.

Hair Anomaly
Hair Anomaly

It is becoming increasingly difficult to tell the difference between a man and a woman.

Pretty soon, the only place one will be able to see a “real man” will be at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.

Darla Jones
Darla Jones
Reply to  Hair Anomaly

lmao dead

Sydney Daviston
Sydney Daviston
Reply to  Hair Anomaly

So tell me, hair is what separates a man and a woman? Don’t make me laugh any harder, please.

Hair Anomaly
Hair Anomaly

I said nothing about hair being what separates a man from a woman; nevertheless, thank you for your contribution. I am suddenly reminded of the importance of basic reading and critical thinking skills…

CommonVillage
CommonVillage
Reply to  Hair Anomaly

Since this article is about HAIR and your comment that i’s hard to tell a man from a woman was placed on THIS ARTICLE, I think Sydney has perfect critical thinking skills. You implied EXACTLY what Sydney said.

Hair Anomaly
Hair Anomaly
Reply to  CommonVillage

Some people read this, and the extent of their reasoning is a consideration of hair. On the other hand, others see beyond the topic and consider it in light of broader cultural phenomena.

If a person’s thoughts on the matter are limited to hair that’s fine, but they should not try to put words in my mouth just because their own consideration of the matter was limited.

And with that, I have issued the last of my comments on the matter. I can’t waste my time talking about some fake hair on a male. Besides, my buzz-cut man is calling…Salut!

LC
LC
Reply to  Hair Anomaly

Society’s doing this

Robyn
Robyn

Uuuuuuhhhhmmm…hell no! Articles like this make me happy to live in Namibia, Southern Africa, where no straight man would be caught dead doing this. If our guys want longer hair they simply “borrow” some products (aka conditioner) from their sisters, girlfriends, wives or mothers and grow it them damn selves.

Chelsea A Chelsea
Chelsea A Chelsea
Reply to  Robyn

I think you are missing the point plan and simple. It’s just a hair style and it has nothing to do with sexuality. What does them being gay or stright have to do with this hairstyle. Nothing. And even if they where gay so what. The whole article was just talking about how this was an option for men. And if they are happy.…… I respect your opinion but I dissagree.

Robyn
Robyn

I realise my mistake and I apologise. Let me clarify. No man here would do this, regardless of sexuality, including femme gay men. Hair extensions is still very much considered a women’s arena. Maybe it’s simply a cultural aka African thing.

Imade Iyamu
Reply to  Robyn

I agree, this is out of hand! I also wish more women would grow theirs out too.

Ingrid Killer-Queen

lmfao… OK. There’s no questions I need to ask — it’s all clear. I blame Miguel.

Mrs0507
Mrs0507

Can it at least match their actual hair texture? ?

Really?
Really?

They could just grow it out in a couple of months easily. I don’t see the point..

Chevanne
Reply to  Really?

The height on those tops looks like 2 years of growth. They get weaves for the same reasons we do: fly style in little time.

Disappointed
Disappointed

*Frowns as she reads questions* Wow… I wasn’t expecting the comments to be so judgmental. Live and let live, the last time I checked what makes a man a “real man” has nothing to do with his hair.

Chevanne
Reply to  Disappointed

That “real man” BS is what keeps men holding inside their feelings and free expression. It’s not a good thing. I’ve heard of men getting doobies. It’s not a big deal. I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner.

Chevanne

It’s like they forgot about Jheri curls, press and perms. Rick James and Prince anyone? I’ve even seen Trinidad James with silky locks.

Kevin Bacon
Kevin Bacon

Hair is just an expression to have fun with and for varity. If women can get weaves then men can get them too. Not the end of world.…

Jacky
Jacky

Now I know how guys feel after falling in love with a woman’s hair texture, only to find out that it was a weave. It seems like a good idea and it allows men to be versatile with their hairstyles but.. Why do I feel hurt?

jade
jade

OH praise the Lord for this. Now black men can shut up!!!

Amber
Amber

ok, so I love me some long hair on a man (dreads, curly, way, straight, etc.), but whenever I meet a man that is so into his appearance (excessively groomed, meticulously coordinated outfit) it is a huge turn off to me. Way too feminine to me. I don’t want to be waiting on my man so I can get a turn in the mirror. Especially when as a girl, I am not so into my appearance. Besides, the appeal of long(er) hair is being able to play with it/in it, the exact same reason many men do not like weave/wigs… Read more »

Rayuka
Rayuka

Cool that they’re doing this. Do you. I just couldn’t care less about that specific style though, lol.

Alia Baitie
Alia Baitie

I can’t believe the comments I’m hearing in the discussion, “real men” don’t do this, a “straight man wouldn’t be caught dead doing this”, COME ON! Forcing hyper-masculinity and “straight-ness” (which is 1000% NOT A THING) on free individuals in this day and age is ludicrous. this is a post literally celebrating the diversity of hair, male female and everyone in between, we shouldn’t hate.

Kimberly
Kimberly

So glad that I finally get to ask the rude ass “Is that all your hair?” question BACK lol