Vivica Fox Creates Removable “Cornrow Cap” For Sew-in Weaves

Avatar • Sep 19, 2015

Vivica A. Fox has made a name for herself in the hair industry with the Vivica Fox Hair Collection and she recently unveiled a new invention of the company on Facebook: the cornrow cap.

vivica a. fox facebook corn row cap

I must admit, the cornrow cap reminds me of that cornrow lace-front wig Shemar Moore rocked in Tyler Perry’s Diary of a Mad Black Woman.

Shemar+Moore+Diary+of+a+Mad+Black+Woman

Why, LAWD, Why?

The cornrow cap is said to be beneficial for protecting your edges, allowing you the base for a sew-in with the ease of a wig.

The cornrow cap comes in two braid patterns: the traditional straight back and horeshoe:

cornrow cap styles
Admittedly, I have a few questions like: What do you do with the hair underneath? Cornrow it too? How secure is this cap? Can you rock crochet braids with it? If they’re going for authenticity, will it itch like a regular sew-in?

The jury is still out for me, but get your coin Aunt Viv!

What do you think? Could you find use for a cornrow cap?

About Rinny

Texan by birth, Los Angeleno by situation. Lover of Tame Impala and Shoegaze music. Comedian by trade. Macaroni and Cheese connoisseur by appetite.

Beatrix
Beatrix

Why not just buy a wig?

HisMercy
HisMercy
Reply to  Beatrix

lol that’s exactly what I’m sitting here saying. I don’t see the difference at all.

BeauTae
BeauTae

To me this seem like a cap to make customized units, or wigs on. This would be the perfect cap to make different crochet braid hair style on. Then At night you can just hang it up Lol, this is what i would use this cap for.

Darla Jones
Darla Jones
Reply to  BeauTae

YASSS!!!

Kita Williams
Kita Williams

I think this cap is definitely beneficial to those who don’t have enough hair to braid. If they purchase this cap it already has a simple braid pattern for someone doing a sew in on a customer which cuts down the time it takes for them to complete the style. And as for the customer, the cap and said sew in can come off at night like the ease of a wig. For those with hair braiding your hair all the time for a sew in or crochet is stressful on the hair. Simply slicking the hair back into a… Read more »

HeavnsGirl
HeavnsGirl
Reply to  Kita Williams

Then what do you pin it to? I’m confused about this thing…

JLPT
JLPT

At first I was confused by this product: “Less stress on you natural hair with the convenience of a wig!” — yeah, sure, so why not just get a wig then?

But, now that I think about it, this would be great for someone who wants to create their own natural hair wigs, practice crochet braids/etc., or experiment. I’m sure there are plenty of other uses that my limited imagination isn’t coming up with at the moment.

I might pick some of these up when they come on the market~

cryssi
cryssi
Reply to  JLPT

We thank you for that valiant effort

Darla Jones
Darla Jones
Reply to  JLPT

Yes! You are spot on, at least from my point of view. I am thinking about buying a corn row cap so that I can make a wig that is based on the type of style that I want. Lord knows that the wigs at the local beauty stores, look like something women wore in the 50s and are noticeably obvious.

SheridaDaily

So…But… Wouldn’t you just wear a wig instead? And isn’t the point of cornrows to lay your hair as flat as possible, so that the weave looks more realistic (i.e laid to the gawds)? I don’t know what the process would be, but this seems like a lot of steps. And yes like you said, would you have to conroe the hair underneath too? In which case, you’d look like you were wearing a hat of hair.

But hey, to each her own lol. #DoYouBoo!

Me
Me

Why is this necessary? I don’t get it. If you see a weave on it, doesn’t that turn it into a wig? I’m confused. Who is this marketed to?

DimKartrashian
DimKartrashian
Reply to  Me

I’m confused too. Maybe you’re supposed to just quickly cornrow your own hair and then sew this cap on so it’s a lot less braiding?

Dev A
Dev A
Reply to  Me

I thought it was for people who don’t have hair. Alopecia, cancer etc.

Maggie A

Will it itch? lol! I’m usually one for trying new things but this new thing I’ll gladl ypass up. Thank you 🙂

Lauren Ford
Lauren Ford

I would definitely buy it b/c my hair is too short to braid and was damaged.

Stori Darnell
Stori Darnell

This is good for Alopecia patients.

cryssi
cryssi

This is just being marketed wrong. I finally see that is why I find/found it hilarious.

It’s not a removable cornrow cap for sew-ins.

-It’s the new easily customizable wig base. Instead of buying a new wig when you are tired of the old one, just take it down and change it whenever you want.

Dee
Dee
Reply to  cryssi

Okay, now that makes sense…because I was just going to post: “wouldn’t you still want to braid your hair under this cap anyway?” They need you on their marketing team! LOL

cryssi
cryssi
Reply to  Dee

That’s what I’m saying lol

Neema
Neema

I still don’t understand why Shemar Moore wore that terrible cornrow lace front. I geuss they were testing the prototype back then.

The Darling Kinkshamer
The Darling Kinkshamer

No, I personally don’t wear weave. I never have and never will.

Trice
Trice

Never say never! I pray you never have alopecia or go thru chemo. This is definitely a game changer for those people.

fromanotherplanet
fromanotherplanet

DEAD @ this entire post. Y’all are wrong for posting a pic of that Shemar Moore lacefront cornrow cap. I’m crying. Aunt Viv stays hussling. I can’t be mad. LOL

DimKartrashian
DimKartrashian

That pic was scandalous ?

Chrystani

Girl. I just made the loudest choking sound at my desk at that photo. Should have came with a “Not safe for work while snacking” label. Hahaha!

Dawn Brame
Dawn Brame

I think this would be great to make crochet wigs. Using the netted caps seems excessive and hard to know how it will turn out. With this you have an already set of base to follow.

Ajah
Ajah

Well this is interesting.

Lele215
Lele215

No one will ever go broke selling stupid crap to black women. All they have to say is that it’s for your hair. SMH

Treasure
Treasure

Or you can just walk around with the cap, that should be cute.
Wigs are enough. Then there’s weave. Crocheting hair. Yarn wraps. Braids. Kinky twists. Senegalese…infinite variations.
Anything else they want to add to the long list of extravagant choices we have? As some empty their pockets for a new hair trend, I’ll sit back and watch the show. I’m sure they want us to line up and get excited about this new product.

Jacky
Jacky

Would be a great idea for women with short hair( too short to braid ) who want to switch up their look with a weave or crochet braids, every once in a while.

Lisa
Lisa

I need this now. Im going thru chemotherapy and I’m trying to find this

Merline Joseph
Merline Joseph

i hope it’s affordable

akiyiaglenn@hotmail.com
akiyiaglenn@hotmail.com

Here is a Video on The Vivica A Fox Conrow Express Wig Cap
That was Just Released Today!! smile emoticon
Check out the Video Below:
?#?VivicaAFox?
?#?CornrowExpress?
?#?WigCap?

Mosa
Mosa

This is a great idea especially for women like a friend of mine with alopecia who can’t have braids but with using this she can have a wig made easily and be able to sew it down to the hair she has left. It can be kept in place with wig or toupe tape. For someone like me who has kept her hair faded or short and curly without enough hair to attach braids to, this is great for allowing me to switch up my hair styles and have a nice sewn in weave when i want. It’s not for… Read more »