Tamera Mowry Housley’s Post-Baby Curls are Giving Us Life

Avatar • Sep 11, 2015

We’re so here for The Real co-host Tamera Mowry-Housely’s fabulous head full of curls. The mother of two, who gave birth to baby girl Ariah Talea in July, did a big chop last year and got rid of some heat damage. However, she kept her TWA under wigs and didn’t give us a glimpse of her natural hair until it was medium length. Tamera stated previously that she didn’t want to bring her curls out to play permanently until they reached a length that made her comfortable.

Finally the curls made a breathtaking appearance on her Instagram account. Let’s hope they’re here to stay! According to her Instagram page, it looks like she may be debuting her longer natural hair on the season premiere of The Real.

Tamera Mowry with her hair stylist, Karim.

tamera pic 2

What do you think about Tamera’s curls?

Guest
Guest

I hope that she will wear her real hair on the Real as some of the wigs didn’t do her justice.

LittleBabyBug Jones
LittleBabyBug Jones

i mean, does she simply mean “chemical free” or is she showcasing a stereotypical WNG?

roo08
roo08

I agree. I think she is taking baby steps. It looks like it will take her time to really feel comfortable wearing her natural texture out. Probably the effects of years in the industry.

p
p

I love the fact that she and Tia are bringing their curls back. However I will say this, I think it’s a bit too “done”…I like when people tick undone curls. Hers look like she set them on rollers, and we know her natural curl pattern didn’t look like that because we saw her undone curls on sister sister. I’m not hating, or trying to pull her down.again, I love the look, but would love to see her with a more unpolished look too

clever_moniker
Reply to  p

Agreed. It tends to feed the myth of what “natural curls” look like. I’d like to see the variations of curl patterns normalized. We have to take baby steps, but to an extent, our hair still has to be “done” even if it’s untreated. I love her hair as well, but I’d like curly and kinky hair to have its own bed head, beach wave or messy bun.

blacminerals
blacminerals

She looks amazing! She’s getting back to her original roots and it looks so good on her. God knew what he was doing when he designed each of us and our unique hair textures. lol. Embracing our hair is the norm not the trend anymore!