30 Black Beauties Rocking Deep Lip Colors for Fall

Avatar • Sep 24, 2015

Fall is officially here and there is no better way to kick it off than to feature fabulous women of color wearing bold, fall lipstick colors. Vamp lipstick shades made a comeback a few years ago and they are still going strong this year. Yes, ladies, you don’t have to wait until Halloween to color your lips deep red, black, or even blue. Not convinced? Take a look at these pictures below:

Source

Source

source

source

nyx-stone-fox-black-girl

Source

Source

Source

Would you be bold enough to wear any of these colors? Let us know below!

About Lisa Jean Francois

I'm a Lipstick-obsessed Journalist and Fashion Blogger. You can find me over on my blog or youtube channel swatching lippies and strutting around in 5-inch heels. I'm a also a brand coach, specializing in video marketing and digital brand development. Find me @lisaalamode.

Krissee Kween Brooklyn
Krissee Kween Brooklyn

Yes I just bought a deep dark purple… I love dark lips especially when the seasons change this time of year. I will be rocking them.

Alexious Johnson
Alexious Johnson

Each and every last one of these ladies look absolutely phenomenal!!! The first two lipstick shades I experimented with as a lil’ girl were fire engine red(my grandma’s, I was 7) and BLACK(I was 11) I still wear both(various shades of red) and on my hunt for a cream matte black, which I did find, I purchased a matte inky blue based plummy color instead. I love it!!! I also wear/own shades ranging from nude to black(nearly black in the case of the shade mentioned above)!!! I think the fact that I started out playing in my grandma’s bright red… Read more »

Aisha
Aisha

All about the brown lip coming back! So excited to be wearing dark colors again.

LBell
LBell
Reply to  Aisha

Right? I only ever wore dark lip colors…never had the nerve to go bright with my dark skin. Yeah, dumb, I know…I can do bright clothes but not bright lipstick, lol.

I was watching America’s Next Top Model the other day (#judgemenot) and one of the black contestants (Mame) was wearing a beautiful dark teal dress and dark lipstick. She looks stunning in general but when I saw those lips I thought that’s one style I’d love to see come back.

Aisha
Aisha
Reply to  LBell

So not judging on ANTM! I love that show but so didn’t know there was a new season. I must find this teal lip you are talking about.
Also, I LOOVVVEEE bright lips on dark skin. Please try it, I’m sure you would look stunning in a vibrant red or hot pink. Spicy it up =)

Treasure
Treasure

Yes I’ve been hunting for a rich dark brown lipstick. I call this the nude lip for brown girls. I’m currently using a Revlon brand. I’ve also been told Mac ‘Antique Velvet’ is sooooo good.

mlank64
mlank64
Reply to  Treasure

I’ve been searching for a rich dark brown as well, I’ll have to check into Mac Antique Velvet.

Aisha
Aisha
Reply to  Treasure

Mac Antique Velvet is very beautiful! It’s an amazing brown with a tad bit of red undertones. Pair it with they Chestnut pencil and you have a winner!

Elle P.
Elle P.
Reply to  Aisha

Yes, I’ve been on the lookout for it!

ElleKay87
ElleKay87
Reply to  Treasure

Just got Antique Velvet. Love it.

Kingteeuhh
Reply to  ElleKay87

antique velvet is everything

asha
asha

I absolutely love the darker shades. All of the ladies look fabulous, they remind me of Nia’s character in Love Jones, I still want to know for sure what that shade was.

Elle P.
Elle P.

Colourpop cosmetics is a really good brand to try! The colors are highly pigmented and great price! I have one of their lippies in Pitch (brown). This morning I bought the Limited Edition CoverGirl for Star Wars Colorlicious Lipstick in Purple. I was so excited that I wore it to work! Here is the link:

Please excuse my hair, it was awesome earlier,lol

Saran
Saran

These pictures made me shout “viva the 90’s”. Don’t we possess the best lips and pouts or what?!

Chevanne

It can be so hard to find a good red lipstick for brown skin. A lot I’ve tried are too pink or orange tinged to work. I finally found Clinique Vintage Wine. Perfect. Confident from Lush is also a pretty good one. It’s a nice, deep plum when laid on a bit thick.

Kaila Smith

Can we just take a moment out to really admire the beauty of black women! Wow! All those beautiful lips!

Reida Davis
Reida Davis

Yes, I’m an old gal from the sixties, that what we rocked

Tina Bryan
Tina Bryan

Beautiful ladies with gorgeous hair and love all the lip colors.
ROCK IT SISTA’S!

Kingteeuhh

I wear these colors all year round, not sure why some women feel like they have to wait until fall. Wish i could’ve gotten on this list though!

Lakitha Goss
Lakitha Goss

Yass. Nubian Queens rockig all shades of royalty. We wear it best

Kayla
Kayla

Nice post! Witches from Kat Von D is a great matte black liquid lipstick and it’s long lasting! 🙂

Kayla