Like Magic: Vlogger Gets Rid Of Dark Spots on Knees With Callus Remover

Avatar • Jun 29, 2015

YouTuber, Brandie Jeanette made an interesting discovery when attempting to build her own at-home pedicure kit. Liquid Corn and Callus Remover not only works on removal of calluses on the heels of your feet but the dark spots that rest on the top of kneecaps for many women of color.

In her YouTube video, Jeanette is seen gently removing the peeling dark skin away from her knees with a pair of tweezers after applying the callus remover for only a couple of days.  Jeanette states, the dark spots have been on her knees for over 20 years and she’s tried everything from scrubs, vaseline and lemons.

Her results are clear. The salylic acid used readily clears up the hyperpigmented knees.

Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 9.10.54 AM

Jeanette further elaborates on how callus remover works:

The liquid corn and callus remover belongs in the aspirin family and what is does is increases moisture in your skin and dissolves the substance that helps bind your skin together and it makes it so soft that it just peels right away.”

Watch the removal process below:

Warning: The imagery in the video might be disturbing to some.

Interesting hack.

Will you try this out? Do you have another remedy for dark marks on the knees?

Guest
Guest

Gotta save this. This is one my issues. I hope it works for me as well.

Elodie Careme
Elodie Careme

But why ? Everybody no matter what is their skin tone has dark marks on the knees. I don’t quite understand the purpose to remove it. In order to get an un-natural and very polished image, we get rid of everything: we remove body hair, cut our nape-kitchen, over-smoothe our edges, dark marks, stretch marks etc. One day, someone will come up with the idea of getting rid of a leg or an arm.…because well we have two of those. I find it quite ridiculous.

Latanya Newman
Latanya Newman
Reply to  Elodie Careme

What she has is not just “dark marks”, it’s rough skin. And I don’t thinks this is about changing something about yourself but more correcting a problem. My knees are not like hers, but my son’s are. He’s always on his knees playing and his knees have gotten dark and rough over the years. I will be trying this method and I hope it works.

HeavnsGirl
HeavnsGirl

NO, NO, NO!!! DO NOT USE THIS STUFF. This stuff is extremely caustic, and if you don’t time it just right you will burn holes in your skin!! When used for calluses (usually on bottoms of feet), if you leave it on even a little past the time when you need to remove it, you will end up with a bloody hole in the bottom of your foot. If you don’t get it ALL off, it will continue to burn through your skin. Calluses are hard & don’t have nerve endings. You get this crap on tender skin, and you don’t… Read more »

S
S

Yep, will definitely try this out!

betrayal
betrayal

HACK!!!

Thiea
Thiea

Hey Staff, this morning I posted a comment asking for you to please remove this dangerous article from your website. Was my comment deleted?

Sophie
Sophie

This doesn’t look safe. Our knees have thick skin but not like the soles of our feet, so you could easily burn down to tender skin and make an even worse dark mark when it heals. I fell and skinned my knee more than 10 years ago and there are still some dark speckles from the deep skin damage so I’d stay away from peeling off too many layers to get rid of dark spots.

Oak
Oak

i’ll pass and thank God i listened to my mother when she told me to stop crawling

Denali
Denali

Please don’t do this! I am a nail technician and I use this on a daily basis on my client’s feet. I’ve gotten it on my arm accidentally and it burned off the hairs on my arm and later turned into a painful blister. There’s a reason we wear gloves when applying this product on customers! It’s only meant to be applied to soles of feet.

Thiea
Thiea

BGLH: please remove this article from your site. Someone could seriously hurt themselves following this advice.

Dawn Smith
Dawn Smith

I tried it. It works wonderfully! I used it on my knees and elbows for 3 days. Day 3 the skin became soft and palpable. I just used tweezers to peel the dead dry rough dark skin right off. No scarring!

Manjari
Manjari

Is it safe ? Pls help I m sick of having dark knees and I cry most of time about it . Pls tell me if this is safe r not? ??

Manjari
Manjari

How long does it take for the skin to grow back? Cause I have school and I have to wear shorts compulsory for gym . N if I use it i don’t want any girls to stare at me pls help? I feel so unfortunate for having really dark knees and really embarrassed to wear tank tops and skirts ! ????pls I’m begging u to reply back!