3 Amazing Deep Conditioners Under $10

Avatar • May 27, 2015

It’s no surprise that deep conditioning is a staple in many natural haired women’s regimens — protein-moisture balance is a key component to retaining length and preventing breakage. Most recommend deep conditioning at least once a week and several of us have a lot of hair, so it can get a bit expensive to rely on deep conditioners that cost $20 for 8 oz. When I deep condition my hair, most regular sized bottles only last me 2–3 uses. With weekly treatments, that can cost $40 for deep conditioning alone per month. Wow.

So, I decided to seek out inexpensive deep conditioners that I can purchase locally. At first it was a little difficult depending on where I shopped (CVS didn’t really yield great results), but I ended up finding some awesome deep conditioners that I’ve added to my staples. Check ’em out!

aussie_DC

Aussie 3‑Minute Miracle Smooth Deep Conditioning Treatment

Cost: About $5 for 8oz.

Aussie Moist is a staple for many naturals as a rinse out conditioner, but have you tried the 3‑Minute Miracle treatments? This one will leave you have super buttery and smooth, and the bottle is so convenient to use in the shower. No cap, no jar — the conditioner squeezes right out of the bottle, minimizing wasting conditioner. Be careful if you practice the Curly Girl (CG) Method though, this one does contain Bis Aminopropyl Dimethicone. However, this cone is not supposed to accumulate on top of itself (which causes build-up), so you may be okay.

2015-05-26-09-54-58-783

Hask Deep Conditioners

Cost: $5.99 for 6oz or $2.99 for 1.75oz

Hask released a line of deep conditioners that I have 100% fallen in love with. And bonus? They contain strengthening proteins, but still leave hair soft, which usually doesn’t happen for me unless I’m using Curl Junkie Repair Me!, which retails at around $30 for 12oz. I’ve used their Argan Oil Repairing, Monoi Oil Nourishing, and Macadamia Oil Moisturizing versions, and I love them all. I’d say that the Argan version is a bit more strengthening than the Macadamia and Monoi versions (my hair feels a little stronger after it, but still soft). I wish these came in MUCH bigger sizes (like, 32oz), but at $5.99 (at Ulta, and I usually have a coupon) a pop, I don’t really mind hauling or making a quick trip to the store to get more.

Giovanni 2 Chic Ultra-Repair Intensive Hair Mask

76709-20150117

Cost: $8.99 for 5.1oz

This Giovanni DC is a little more expensive (and thicker) than the other conditioners I’ve mentioned, but it’s still a pretty good deal. The smell of blackberry and coconut milk is absolutely delicious, and this DC will leave your hair smooth (especially on the ends). It does contain dimethicone, but it’s close to the bottom while all the yummy ingredients are towards the top.

Looking for a more detailed review of these conditioners? Check out my YouTube video, where I go into each DC more in depth.

What are some of your favorite inexpensive deep conditioners?

Kay's Ways
Kay's Ways

I always hear good things about the Giovani brand but didn’t expect it to be so reasonably priced. Next time I’m in Ulta I’ll look for it. I haven’t used Hask in years but I remember it was really good & I LOVEEE Aussie deep conditioner, have to try the new Smooth one

Kara | KaysWays,com

Annie
Annie

The hask masks are to die for! I want to try the Monoi and Macadamia oil ones.

maria
maria

The Garnier Damage Eraser Butter is da truth for me, I’ve slept on garnier’s hair products for so long thinking that’s for ‘white gurl hair’. But the Damage Eraser left my hair feeling strong yet moist and it smells amazing.…and hell its only like $4. The Garnier sleek and smooth leave-in is also the best one I’ve ever tried.

lis
lis

Aphogee curlific texture treatment.….about 6 or 7 bucks and after use my hair does not need an oil or leave in…butter soft and smooth hair.

Cheri
Cheri

Soapbox Conditioners sold at Target. Makes my hair so soft and the softness lasts well after the conditioner has been rinsed out. With a lot of conditioners they make my hair soft while the product is still on but once I rince it out and my hair dries, my hair feels dry and crunchy. Not with this one…and it’s $4.99 Try it!

kim johnson
kim johnson

American in UK.just looking for a good texturiser?! hair type; front is 3c and back 4a this is why i am so confused! been natural for years now but is breaking & not growing in back. Any suggestions please help! Kimla J

collegesista
collegesista
Reply to  kim johnson

A texturizer will definitely not prevent your hair from breaking off. It is a lower concentrated version of a relaxer.

Linda
Linda

CVS sells 12oz bottle of Hask conditioner for $6. It’s usually at the bottom shelf so it’s hard to see. They also have same size shampoo around the same price.

Elle D.
Elle D.
Reply to  Linda

It’s the regular conditioner though, not the deep conditioner, right? I know their reg condish is 12oz, I have a couple of those as well.

Linda
Linda
Reply to  Linda

No, not the regular one. They have the macadamia one, the keratin, the argan, and the monoi. The other day I even saw an almond oil one but I haven’t seen it on the shelves for a while.

Linda
Linda
Reply to  Linda

A little precision though, the 12 oz Hask conditioners are not labelled as deep conditioners. The deep conditioners come in packette ( 1,75 oz) and there are 4 versions: keratin protein, macadamia oil, argan oil and monoi coconut oil. The monoi coconut and argan oil also come in 6 oz version retailing for $6 at cvs. They are at the bottom shelf at my local cvs along with the regular conditioners I mentioned in my previous post. You really have to kneel down to get to them or else you would pass them very easily. I have low porosity hair… Read more »

Adrienne
Adrienne

CVS Deep Moisture Conditioner is pretty much identical to Tresemme’s old Rich Moisture formula. Tresemme changed ownership to unileaver and changed their formulas. So you can’t get this anywhere but CVS. It works very good and it cheap.