[Video] A Lace Front Wig… For Box Braids!

Avatar • Mar 21, 2015

506x502xwigs-deception-01.png.pagespeed.ic.L-Vo3NSKg0

Naturals often complain that box braids, while cute and a potentially great protective style, can be heavy on the follicles and take quite a bit of time to install. One wig company sought to solve the problem by creating a box braid lace front wig, complete with ‘baby hairs’ for a more realistic looking hairline! Vlogger H E R Style (pictured above) breaks down the installation in this video. She mentions that some commenters have clowned the wig, but doesn’t care because you can’t argue with the convenience.

Vlogger YasharDiva also tried the lace front wig and reviewed it positively.

Ladies, what do you think? Would you give a box braid lace front wig a shot?

Kristen
Kristen

Cute! But the price would have to come down a lot more before I’d buy it.

Priscilla Smith
Priscilla Smith
Reply to  Kristen

That’s why last summer I started one using one of my old human hair lace wigs that I don’t wear. I added synthetic hair while braiding it up. I just need to do a little more in front, And I’m thinking about leaving the nape area loose. It’s like a wet and wavy texture. Coming around quite nicely 🙂

Kristen
Kristen

Nice!!

Pillows McGee
Pillows McGee

i would buy a similar unit but 1) the price would have to come down for me as well, but also 2) why i say similar because I can do braids and do them myself, what i cannot do is twist or havana twist, the twist that actually look and stay twisted, can do those to save my life lol so id buy a unit with those in

Marissa Dawson
Marissa Dawson

NOT GONNA LIE this is tempting. I need to work on these braids and I just don’t want to lol.

Churro
Churro

Great idea… I don’t wear wigs, but it looks real enough.

OXxo
OXxo

The entire point of the braids is to protect your hair in a traditional hair style. The wig is not doing this.

Adía
Adía
Reply to  OXxo

Your hair is still protected underneath. In cornrows or something to keep it down

Carmen
Carmen

It would’ve been nice if the wigs were full lace. A lack of scalp in the back would make me self conscious.

Mzjewels
Mzjewels

I’m getting one of these for my cousin’s wedding in July. I miss my box braids but not the time they take to install or take down. The woman I’m working with is charging me 275 on a three installment payment plan that includes a deposit. I’m excited to get the finished product. She’s a stylist in South Carolina and her name is Tasha M. Dotch. I’ve wanted to get one of these for a while but she’s made it possible finally. I get that it’s not for everyone but to each their own.

#5
#5

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE IT! This is GENIUS!!!!!! lol

Adía
Adía

The baby hairs are hilarious! I like the idea but I would want to have like some color in it

queenk
queenk

The same thing happened to me. After several weeks I contacted them about not receiving my wig and they gave me every excuse in the book. When they finally did send me a tracking number when they supposedly “shipped” the wig, the tracking number didn’t even work. I finally had to call my bank and ask them to credit my account. Please do not support them.

CitySTYLE412

Brandy had on a wig like this in her video with Chris Brown — I keep on going back to the scene where she had braids — because in the rest of the video she has on all these fabulous wigs, and I was like she can’t fit braids like that under a lace front LOL — it’s cute, I’d try it — I really hope the company isn’t doing dirty business 🙁

K.C.

I really want to try this!!!

istylelooks.blogspot.com

Karma
Karma

Yes I’d wear this, anything for convenience in a hectic lifestyle.

Caveat Emptor
Caveat Emptor

I’m the first person to support Black Owned Businesses, but this company is a scam. I bought a box braid wig from them and they tried to scam me out of my money. It took 3 months for me to get my money back. Buyer beware.

Camille
Camille

House of Hairs have relly nice ones. Look very natural and full. https://www.facebook.com/HouseofHairs?fref=ts

ebaiden
ebaiden

I could imagine on what to do with this.
Me as a die hard NO EXTENSIONS/WEAVE/WIGS girl can totally .… can totaly get down with this.. Like Im seriously opened to this.
I would put some individual braids like this (they are less damaging to my hair, compared to corn rows) and tie it down, THEN wear this wig on top. Then at night take it off, and care for my own hair underneath.