The Complete Guide to Retaining Length in 2015

Avatar • Dec 26, 2014

IMG_2527

Style Icon Kara

It is the recap time of year again! How well did you do on your quest to longer hair? Did you retain as much length as you wanted or did you experience setbacks? No matter where you are on your jouney, if you need to troubleshoot your current routine or check to see if you are on track, then here is a a flow chart to help you make 2015 a year of great length retention. There are  some extra reading links embedded for those keen to explore!

Take a look at the infographic and then let us know in the comments if there are any areas of your hair routine you plan to change in 2015 to improve length retention.

About The Natural Haven

Scientist on a hairy mission!

reece
reece

great article

TheRedPaperLantern
TheRedPaperLantern

I will be adding oil to my routine in 2015. I have had a hate relationship with oil applied to my hair, but I see that it CAN be quite beneficial. I will begin to use it prior to shampooing, especially since I color my hair. I will also begin to use the LOC Method after every wash (and in between), because I believe that this will assist with any breakage that I am experiencing. Thanks for the very informative infographic! You ladies of BGLH are awesome. Happy New Year to you all!

Adeola @ *The Mane Captain*
Adeola @ *The Mane Captain*

This is an awesome infographic Jc. More elbow to your grease.

Julie From Norf Philly Nucca
Julie From Norf Philly Nucca

when i hear a piece of hair pop whle braiding my hair down a piece of me dies.….… but im going to try loose braids while washing my hair sheds alot and is prone to tangles bt it has grown quite a bit its shoulder length and thick

disqus_MneBdHrFDZ
disqus_MneBdHrFDZ

I know…I hate that pop. It is discouraging. 4 lose braids while washing helps and I always use my fingers to pull my hair apart and detangle.

Julie From Norf Philly Nucca
Julie From Norf Philly Nucca

yeah i use my fingers but i dont always have 5 hrs to spare because thats how long ti would take

tasha
tasha

This is off topic but looking at the picture of that girls wet hair makes me jealous.???? I suffered a bit of heat damage and my coils are different. They used to look like that picture. My goal for 2015 is to recover from this heat damage so it can go back to the old days