Ciara Debuts New Look: Gorgeous Dreadlock Extensions

Avatar • Jul 8, 2014

ciara dread fauxlock extensions natural hair copy

ciara dreadlocks natural hair copy

No, that’s not Lisa Bonet. It’s the Queen of Crunk & B, new mom and soon to be Mrs. Future, Ciara. The R&B goddess uploaded a few photos of her radical new do to her instagram this weekend. We’re loving this look on you, Cici!

ciara faux lock extensions dreadlocks natural hair

What do you think about the look? Do you love it?

lonelycatlady
lonelycatlady

Not a fan of Ciara’s.Sorry she can’t sing or perform for crap, however, she’s looking good in those dreads. That look actually fits her better, she looks more natural. I HATE the wigs! They look so artificial on her. She looks nothing like Lisa Bonet. Lisa has much more delicate features. Ciara would be gorgeous with NO hair.

juanicole617
juanicole617

They look gorgeous on her! She’s so pretty.

Deedeemaha
Deedeemaha

I like locs very much, and like the look of locs on her. With that said, I don’t like the color formation. I love highlights on locs and twists extensions, and a very good stylist (or DIY ) can get the colors to flow naturally. There are just parts that look cotton white, then again it could be lighting. She is a very beautiful and talented women you could add purple in there and she could pull it off. 🙂

Megan
Megan
Reply to  Deedeemaha

Yeah I don’t like the color either but the style itself really gorgeous on her.

Tracy
Tracy
Reply to  Deedeemaha

Omg I love the colors lol. Especially the white blonde/platinum.

That made me wanna try the loc extensions look lol

kinksnnaps
kinksnnaps

I love it!

kinksnnaps
kinksnnaps

On that note,BGLH, could you please feature more hair icons with locs? I love loose hair but I feel as though locks get no love here.

CheriV
CheriV
Reply to  kinksnnaps

Omgosh I’ve been wanting this for years. I even sent them an email asking for loc’ed style tutorials to no avail. I’m starting to feel like loc’ed girls get no love here.

Mina Simone
Mina Simone
Reply to  kinksnnaps

Yesss please . More articles on how to take care of loc’ed hair and faux locs. I bet you many girls are now going to get faux locs and there not going to know how to take care of their hair underneath and it’s going to be a disaster !

g
g
Reply to  kinksnnaps

I know right! Especially sisterlocks. I don’t see any icons who rock locs or sisterlocks. It’s annoying.

Aiych
Aiych
Reply to  g

ummm, NO icons? There have been loc’d icons featured in the past on this site, numerous ones. C’mon now…

anna
anna

i love the dreads. whats funny is that PEOPLE mag said they were not elegant which proves they just dont see beauty in our hair.

JAgirl
JAgirl
Reply to  anna

who cares!!! they don’t have to see beauty in our hair…it’s our hair. as long as we see beauty in it it’s fine…they need to keep their opinions to themselves tho…their treading on thin ice!!!

La Toya
La Toya
Reply to  anna

Nope it’s not people in general who think that, it’s the editors and higher people of People mag who wrote and approved it to try and make a point maybe out of jealousy perhaps. But as of regular people all races love it.

kendra
kendra

Not feeling it at all. I do agree that she’d look very good with real short hair

Amma Mama

She looks hot.

naturale15
naturale15

LOVE IT

Queen
Queen

I think she looks beautiful. Did you guys see where People Magazine ran an article about her hair, and said they don’t think she’ll be keeping the loc extensions for her wedding because she said she wanted an “elegant” wedding?! People on twitter noticed and went off. They have since edited the article, but the implication that locs cannot be “elegant” is just .. wow. Smfh.

Sandra
Sandra

What happened to Meosha Tall?

Black Girl With Long Hair
Reply to  Sandra

Meosha left us at the end of May after 4 years to pursue other endeavors! We miss her, and the style icon series (which she handled) is currently on hiatus.

Lele
Lele

I like the look, but not the colors. She’s pretty, though.

cacey
cacey

i think this is a MUCH more flattering look than any of those weaves i’ve ever seen her wear. i wish this were her real everyday look. gawjus!

Jo Bear
Jo Bear

I love locks…but couldn’t these have been started better? I dunno, never had lock extensions or anything but they scream fake in a way that I find difficult to ignore. The style is great, but there must be a nicer way to start them at the root.

Sherida | Coconut + Cream

I have SUCH a crush on Ciara, she looks stunning and striking! Love the faux locs too. Yes Cici.
xox

Happy Nappy
Happy Nappy

Reminds me of Lisa Bonet
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/lisa.jpg[/img]

Victoria Owl
Victoria Owl

She looks lovely! This is by far my favorite look I’ve seen on her.

Chanda
Chanda

They look nice esp. in the 3rd picture. I don’t mind the colors just wished they were smaller locs but overall a good look. Hope she keeps the look for at least a little while (being that celebs often change up their hairstyles).

#Adoseofreality
#Adoseofreality

Wow. I’ve always thought Ciara was a beautiful woman, but this right here is just REGAL! She really looks like she should be ruling a Queendom somewhere, lol. Absolutely stunning, and a gazillion times better than any straight hair I’ve ever seen on her. On another note, I still have an apprehension about the term “dreads” because I know its origin was incredibly derogatory, and was a remark used by Whites against Blacks, implying locked natural hair was DREADful/demonic (yet see how many Whites today are trying-and mostly failing-to imitate the look. Smh). This is just an FYI. I personally just… Read more »

me
me

I agree, we should stop referring to locs as dreadlocks because, while it has become commonplace, it is derogatory amongst other things. 🙂

Adía
Adía

She looks really good with the dreds. It changes her whole look.

Alie
Alie

They are very pretty but the article states they are not elegant for her wedding and she will be taking them off for it or something of the lines, they deleted that comment because of the backlash.

HeavnsGirl
HeavnsGirl
Reply to  Alie

Which shows that some people still don’t get it: instead of fitting into someone else’s idea of “elegant,” we need to define our own.

Don’t remove the kinks from your hair, remove them from your brain!” –Marcus Garvey

Jaella
Jaella

funny thing, i was like “she looks like lisa bonet” then i scroll down and im like “damn did i not just say she look like lisa bonet?” lol crazy!!! but that hairstyle looks so good on her

Kyarra Keele

Those are so beautiful on her. She choose the perfect color. Nice post!

Trina
Trina
Reply to  Kyarra Keele

I think she should wear them from now on. This is the best she has ever looked. She stands out from the rest. I did think of Lisa Bonet tho as soon as I looked at the pic. She looks absolutely gorgeous. Please don’t remove them. Loving it!!!!!

KrayKy
KrayKy

Can anyone tell me the name of these braids please ! I really like this look but my hairstylist has no idea what I’m talking about, please and thanks