Jada and Willow Smith Rock Their Curls in Hawaii + OINTB Star Samira Wiley in Essence + Gabourey Sidibe’s Senegalese Twists

Avatar • Jun 10, 2014

article-2653197-1E9D681C00000578-302_634x897

article-2653197-1E9D684000000578-150_634x423

article-2653197-1E9D67DB00000578-707_634x423

The Smith family was spotted in Hawaii this week. Nothing like a dip in the Pacific Ocean to start off your summer. Also, Jada, if you’re reading, please pass along your ab routine!

Guess which breakout star is currently on this month’s magazine stands…

tumblr_n5hgn0OCFR1qd1yv1o1_500

tumblr_n5hgn0OCFR1qd1yv1o2_500

Yes, we’re coming back from a weekend of bingeing on season 2 episodes of Orange is the New Black! We’ve spotted cast member, Samira Wiley, affectionately known for her role as the comedic and intelligent “Poussey (accent a droite) Washington” on the show gracing the pages of this month’s Essence magazine. Also, you should really check out our interview with the fabulous Vicky Jeudy who plays the role of Janae.

Around the interwebs…

Twitter   GabbySidibe  I told y all I got my Senegalese ...

Gabourey Sidibe has debuted a new look, Senegalese twists. The American Horror Story: Coven star took to her twitter account to show off her latest look.

What do you think of the ladies looks? Do we love it?

Carleee
Carleee

The Smiths look amazing!

Fanceeist
Fanceeist
Reply to  Carleee

I totally agree. I saw Jada’s abs and an uncontrollable “DAMN” flew out of my mouth!

Love yourself
Love yourself

I love Orange is the new black the cast is full of natural hair beauties

NaturallyNeesh

Everyone looks great! I love Samira…I think she is gorgeous even on the show when she is without makeup.…Jada’s abs! Yaaaas!

Dananana
Dananana

Mmm…I don’t care what DCFS found, I still feel some kind of way about the Smiths. Those candids look awfully posed…though that “Dad what are you doing?!” face on Willow in the last pic is probably real lol. On a more positive note, Gabourey looks as cute as ever 🙂

iluvnappyedges
iluvnappyedges
Reply to  Dananana

i agree the Smiths look.…staged

Elle
Elle
Reply to  Dananana

Since the dawn of time celebrity photos have all been staged, ‘no filter’ selfies included. The real candid photos look hideous. But I’d rather see the Smiths rockin’ their poses than [insert over-exposed White celebrity] any day.

DP
DP
Reply to  Dananana

I love The Smiths, every single one of them even Willow’s crazy self. However, I have to agree with Dananana. All of the pictures look like the photographer told them what to do. Jada’s pose in the first picture looks unnatural and tense (her body, however, looks amazing)

Jada’s abs come from how she eats, not necessarily her workout routine. Abs are built in the kitchen!

Gym freak
Gym freak
Reply to  DP

Hers abs come from her eating and exercise. You are not going to get muscle definition like that w/o heavy weight resistance.

merry
merry
Reply to  Gym freak

I have defined abs, but I don’t do heavy weights. Whenever I train for a marathon and eat clean, my muscles pop though not to that extent.

DP
DP
Reply to  Gym freak

I’m not saying she doesn’t exercise. I’m saying that you can exercise 24/7 and not have abs like that unless you are eating clean. That is why she has those abs, because of how she eats.

Show me someone with abs who eats poorly.

You can not out train a poor diet.

Liz
Liz
Reply to  DP

It is VERY true you can’t out-train your overeating–if you say “I will just do 50 crunches and work it off” you are lying to yourself or very very confused. Stop eating so much meat and dairy at every meal and eat veggies/fruit 90% of the time. HOWEVER if you want your abs to show, you NEED TO HAVE WEIGHT RESISTANCE. This can simply be from your body (if you were a bboy you’d know what i meant, lol) but you need your body to be exercising. Another tip: if you want your abs to show you have to work out… Read more »

lexibugg
lexibugg
Reply to  DP

Aaaanndd the gym…trust me…You can have low to no belly fat and not have defined abs if you have no muscle tone.…

Queen
Queen

Gabourney’s twists look nice but she needs an intervention stat regarding her weight.

lexibugg
lexibugg
Reply to  Queen

I whole heartedly agree…

Rebecca
Rebecca
Reply to  Queen

That is not your place to say. You need an intervention regarding your comments. If she’s confident and comfortable with herself, then your opinions just help perpetuate fat-phobia.

Liz
Liz
Reply to  Rebecca

That girl needs to be ALL THE WAY natural. Someone needs to tell her that being that size is not natural. It’s MORE unhealthy than relaxers. Nobody here wants her to die from obesity. Her hurt feelings are going to be the least of her worries when she’s in the hospital dying or collapses somewhere because her ankles can’t support the weight of five people.

Caray
Caray
Reply to  Queen

How do you know that she isn’t working on her weight as we speak?!? Losing weight doesn’t happen over night, and Im sure for someone at her size its a real struggle!

Allegra

This has nothing to do with hair, but — good lawd — Will Smith is a good looking man!!!! And the hair is nice too! LOL

Persistence
Persistence
Reply to  Allegra

He is not just good looking.…. He is sexy!

iluvnappyedges
iluvnappyedges
Reply to  Persistence

Queen
Queen

I love OITNB, I binge watched the second season in about 2 days. I loved that the entire black female cast (perhaps excluding Laverne Cox, she appears to be wearing a lace front, but she definitely could be natural underneath!) is rocking natural hair. Definitely shows how the movement is spreading and finally being accepted in other circles outside the black community.

loverlyone
loverlyone

Can you please do an interview with Danielle Brooks, who plays “Taystee” on OITNB? And possibly the actress that plays “Black Cindy”, I love them as well. Pretty please, and thank you.

Treacle
Treacle

Hmmm..yes, the abs are amazingly toned but I’m not liking the mannish waist-less look; and I agree these celeb pics appear totally posed and un-candid! kind of what you expect from the media-circus world of celebrity though so I don’t blame them. 🙂

Carleee
Carleee
Reply to  Treacle

Mannish wait-less look”? Um, that’s called a person’s natural body shape. Let’s not fit shame people. If she had rolls of fat on top, she’d have the (fat) curves you seem to like more.

Toni
Toni
Reply to  Treacle

Love her figure. It’s lean and athletic. I don’t expect women who have had children to have a tiny waist and a coke bottle figure anyway. It’s highly unlikely. Let’s applaud this woman for her healthy, strong body and positive self image.

elastagrl
elastagrl
Reply to  Treacle

You sound like a bitter woman who didn’t have a dad growing up and probably a single mom.:/ Or don’t have a man that likes you. Don’t hate on happy couples, it makes you look petty.

Dananana
Dananana
Reply to  elastagrl

Or just somebody with unhealthy body image, like a lot of women have. What’s with the suppositions about a lack of healthy male relationships? Kinda racist…

Jacky
Jacky

They all look great!…“Jada, if you’re reading, please pass along your ab routine”…LOL, i thought i was the only one that noticed, the Smiths look great, so toned and fit( even willow too ), I’m impressed! Gabourey Sidibe looks cute in the picture and i love her Senegalese twists! and I’m so happy for Samira Wiley!

Truth Hurts
Truth Hurts
Reply to  Jacky

Her “ab routine” is part of the perks of being a millionaire that can afford a personal trainer, home gym, healthy foods and a chef!

Truth teller
Reply to  Truth Hurts

That’s an excuse. Google will show you what to do to eat right, exercise, and be consistent. People can have trainers, but the individual has to do the actual work. We can’t be so quick to take credit away from another woman for doing right by her own body.…..and marriage.

merry
merry

Samira is so pretty.

I only watch half of the episodes. I want to savor them. Lol.

making waves
making waves

Cute family. Samirah and Gabourey look lovely!

Michelle
Michelle

I love Samira! She is so BEAUTIFUL — and the previous poster was dead right that she glows WITHOUT makeup. Watching OITNB I decided she would most def be my prison girlfriend out of them all, she’s absolutely gorgeous for being so young. Also, the Smith’s do look staged but glad they look happy 🙂

Queenie
Queenie

As always…the self righteousness on this site prevails.…pics are staged, for whom? Gabby needs intervention from what? Lol…please get over yourselves. It’s not becoming.

Gigi2
Gigi2

Will used to be the boo-thang, but now he and his family give me the creeps. Some of the things they do and convince themsleves is okay… I thought black celebs were impervious to the juju that overcomes their clear-counterparts,but I don’t know…

Truth teller

I wish we wouldn’t assume that any happy black family is faking it in photos. It’s like saying that none of us really gets to be happy. Meanwhile, on Malibu beach.…Leonardo and his latest gal pal get to frolic around in the sand without regard for paparazzi, and no one will ever say that they are faking it, because perhaps it looks “normal” for them. We need to get back to just wishing people well, and smiling down on them vs frowning and having ridiculous doubts about the state of their union. We want to see black families happy.….. right?… Read more »

Stacie
Stacie

Being over wieght shouldnt matter to anyone but that person if the precious star wants to rock her twist then compliment them and keep it moving. Im sure she dont need to hear she is over weight from another person. And when she is ready im sure the pounds will start sheading.

Aaliyah

Nice twists, though.

elastagrl
elastagrl

Why they gotta be faking happiness in photos?? Yall some jealous people. A lot of black women are jealous of black women w ho have successful husband and a lot of black men don’t like to see black women with successful husbands, IT’s sad really. And if you are unhappy go get yours, damn. Why not get a white or Hispanic man? Get yourselves married and stop hating on beautiful black families It’s funny how they are ALL light skinned and all look the same, it’s kinda cute that Smith family. lol I love it.

imhorrible
imhorrible

Gabourey Sidibe doesn’t look too healthy? It’s not healthy to be THAT big I’m sorry. However, she is a descent actress, but it’s unhealthy for anyone to think that is normal. And if you believe being OBESE is normal then you come from unhealthy mind set.

imhorrible
imhorrible

THE orange is the new black girl is my real life girlfriend if I could meet her, she’d be my woman. IN REAL life. She’s gay actually, which is good.

imhorrible
imhorrible

Jada and Will look like they have fun all the time. I bet they’d be fun to get to know in person.

devans00

I love Gabourey Sidibe’s Senegalese Twists. I think her selfie is one of her better photos. But then again, I prefer more natural looks over Hollywood glamorous.

memeemers
memeemers

I LOOOOOOOVE Samira Wiley and she looks gorgeous in these shots! (I’m coveting that first dress, especially.)

madmama
madmama

I guess this swashes the rumors that Jada and Will are splitting up. And that whole not being seen in public together for a year.They look very much together here…