2. I gave myself a much needed protein treatment with the JBCO protein treatment.
3. I did the first two steps of my LOC method using Cantu leave in conditioning repair cream and Pretty Kinky Naturals Aggressive Growth Elixir while my hair was still separated into 4 sections from washing (sometimes I do 3).
4. I popped on a shower cap & caught some zzz’s.
5. The next morning I used Queen of Curls Hair Smoothie to take down the twists, which were still damp. (Normally I use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie). I used a pick to fluff out the style, clear sections, and add volume.
I noticed that:
- My wash n’ go looked brand new, like I just hopped out of the shower.
— My curl definition was still there, and the curls were a little more elongated than usual.
— I love love LOVE doing this and will probably make this my norm for summer styling.
I now know how to cut down my getting ready time in the morning. Just shake and go!
Victoria Sallie is a 21 year old blogger living in NYC. She started Tresses and Treats to document her natural hair journey.