10 Curly-Haired Naturals to Check Out on YouTube

Avatar • Jun 19, 2014

curlyyoutubers

In April, I suggested “10 Kinky-Haired Naturals To Check Out on YouTube”. Now it is time for a Curly-Haired edition!  Here are some curly ladies you may want to add to your YouTube list:

1. NaturallyNeiicey

NaturalNeiicey

Let’s start with NaturallyNeiicey! In addition to her gorgeous natural hair, she has a natural, low-maintenance beauty, which is refreshing. Her channel features great hairstyle tutorials and “Get Ready With Me” looks.

2. AuCurls Naturelle

AucurlsNaturelle

AuCurls Naturalle’s channel features amazing hair tips (e.g., heatless straightening) and information (e.g., length retention secrets, dry detangling with oil) as well as a few creative styling tutorials.

3. HeyfranHey

HeyFranHey

Many of you probably know about HeyfranHey, but if you haven’t checked her out, you are missing out. I love her channel for its overall natural living vibe. She offers numerous DIY tutorials (e.g., organic lip balm and lip scrub set), fitness videos, and healthy alternatives (e.g., oil cleansing for clear skin).

4. Glamtwinz334

Glamtwinz334

This channel is not run by one natural, but two naturals who are sisters … and twins! That is probably what caught my attention first, in addition their channel being more of a beauty channel. The twins offer videos on makeup looks, hauls, and lookbooks in addition to hair product reviews and style tutorials.

5. ImShineStruck

ImShineStruck

If you recognize ImShineStruck, it is probably because I have posted a few of her awesome hairstyle tutorials here. Her channel offers so many more of these tutorials and a few product reviews.

6. Samirah Gilli

samirahxgilly

Though her video collection is still growing, I had to include Samirah for her various loose hairstyle tutorials. She shows you have to achieve different types of curls via a bantu knot out, flat twist and curl, and more.

7. Nik Scott

NikScott

I was initially drawn to Nik Scott because of her super beautiful hairstyle tutorials. However, her channel offers so much more, including hair care tips, outfit lookbooks, DIY projects, and her new “Motivational Minute” videos.

8. KGLifeStyle

thekglifestyle

KGLifeStyle first caught my attention with her practical videos on budgeting and travel tips. Her channel also features many cute hairstyle tutorials, informational videos (e.g., her experience with organic skin care), and some fashion lookbooks/hauls.

9. LovelyAnneka

lovelyanneka

I love LovelyAnneka’s channel because of her creative hairstyle tutorials (which range from loose hair to protective) and beautiful makeup videos. She is definitely worth checking out, especially if you have shorter curly hair!

10. Iknowlee

iknowlee

For those with tighter, shorter curls, you may want to check out Iknowlee. She features tons of amazing hairstyle tutorials, a few DIY videos (e.g., organic clarifying shampoo), and some makeup looks.

Ladies, have you checked out any of these YouTubers? Do you know of any others?

About Chinwe

Healthy hair care tips and more! http://www.healthyhairbody.com

Leanna
Leanna

Iknowlee is not type 3, in an interview she has described herself as having type 4 hair. She looks like a similar type to me. She wears twist outs and braid outs a lot which may give her that type 3 appearance.

Bobby J
Bobby J
Reply to  Chinwe

She may describe herself as “Curly Girl” but compare to the other ladies you posted she isnt a curly girl. Her curls are achieved by a twist out, daily, the other Curly Girls you posted dont have to twist out to showcase their curls, sorry, I like her videos but she doesnt belong on this list maybe your last list with the kinky hair ladies.

good luck
good luck
Reply to  Chinwe

Nik Scott isn’t a 3 category and lovely anneka doesn’t appear to be either you guys must have missed them it’s clear this post was supposed to be inclusive of all types

Bobby J
Bobby J
Reply to  Leanna

I agree with you! Iknowlee is great and I watch her videos but I would not describe her hair as CURLY!! She has to do twist outs to create her curls the other ladies posted here have more defined curls.…. no twist out needed!

UK natural
UK natural

Initially the types stated at the top were 3a, 3b 3c. 4a was not there when I read the article.

O
O
Reply to  Chinwe

unfortunately this website had decided to tag your post under:
“3A Hair 3B Hair 3C Hair 4A Hair by Chinwe”.

So while you decided to stay away from curl types this site hasn’t. This means you may have hair vloggers who are 4b and 4c with twist outs, braid outs etc but this site’s editors hasn’t recognised the fact.

O
O
Reply to  Chinwe

I forgot to add to my last post while this site’s editor(s) has tagged this post under:
“3A Hair 3B Hair 3C Hair 4A Hair by Chinwe”

I know from actually seeing some of the vloggers they do not class themselves in the 3’s at all and would be horrifed to see themselves categorised under this system.

good luck
good luck
Reply to  O

They would be horrified? Dramatic much? Anyway back on topic I like naturalneiicey she is so positive and the glamtwinz are so cute but they straighten so much and they have obvious heat damage and they don’t talk that much about hair health or explore styles even though they are both licensed hair stylist who graduated from aveda. Why not add Sunkissalba she is Latina but she talks a lot about curly hair and health.

AGREED
AGREED
Reply to  good luck

Glamtwinz are forever discussing their heat damage. They also talk about how they are trying to combat it while continuing to rock pressed styles. They have 3 month heat free stretches also… Sunkissedalba is Amazing. Love her!

Didi
Didi

Another fab post,Chinwe!

bushtribewoman
bushtribewoman

Hair typing madness! I love it!!

lala
lala

naturallyneeicy is my go to for cool hair tutorials that are very well sought out yet dont take too long. plus her accent is too cute

iluvedges
iluvedges

hmmm interesting

Love yourself
Love yourself

Can I add heygorjess, alyssaforever, kashtv (she’s more kinky curly)

Jacky
Jacky
Reply to  Love yourself

Thanks, i knew about them but i forgot their names and you just reminded me. By the way, they’re amazing!

cacey
cacey

cool list.

Adina
Adina

Some of y’all focus waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much on number typing. Lol.
It’s not that serious, guys. Yeesh. I’m a type 4 and I knew what she meant.
Anywho, great post! Lovely ladies with lovely hair!
Would it be possible to see a ‘ten loc’d naturals’ post anywhere in the near future? :p

Truth Hurts
Truth Hurts
Reply to  Adina

umm.…isnt the article about about CURLY HAIR, thats a HAIR TYPE!! Just like Kinky, & Coily!!

Jacky
Jacky

Nice article, thanks for posting!

Cygnet
Cygnet

AuCurls Naturelle is the vlogger whose video on prepping a wash & go for bedtime convinced me to slick my hands with oil before putting my hair to bed. One of the better things I’ve incorporated into my routine :-). Thanks, AuCurls Naturelle :-)!

Brianna Love
Brianna Love

Love my glamtwinz and neicey! 🙂

Courtney

I like (and subscribe to most of the) all the YouTubers in the article, but what about less popular ladies who are just as good? Seems like it’s the same people over and over again.

Sigh
Sigh
Reply to  Courtney

I agree! This is a great list, but there are so many other YouTubers out there. Most of the people on this list already have 100K+ subbies…I think they are pretty well known!

Lucia
Lucia

How do I know my hair’s type ‚if is type 2,3,4 ?

cacey
cacey
Reply to  Lucia

lookup hair typing chart or type in a search bar “what’s my hair type” and then compare with the pictures and possibly the description to see where your hair fits.