Tameka “Tiny” Harris Gets a Deva Cut to Remove Heat Damaged Natural Hair

Avatar • May 3, 2014

Singer, songwriter, reality star, and wife of rapper T.I., Tameka “Tiny” Harris is known for rocking bright weaves and blonde extensions. But for the past few weeks, she’s been weaveless and rocking her curls! She definitely had some heat damage (from keeping the front of her hair straight to blend with the weaves, no doubt), but over all it is nice to see another celebrity doing more than snapping “natural hair selfies” between weave sessions.

Tiny over the past few weeks:

tiny2 tiny3

While in Los Angeles preparing for an appearance on the Arsenio Hall Show,  Tiny took it a step further and visited the famed “Curl Doctor” Shai Amiel at his Capella Salon in Studio City where she got a Deva Cut! She hasn’t unveiled her final look on Instagram yet, but she did share this:

tiny4

And this is from the Curl Doctor himself:

tiny1

Looking good, Tiny! I’m a fan. What do you all think?

About Christina Patrice

Born, raised, and living in Los Angeles, Christina is BGLH's resident transitioning expert and product junkie. In addition to loving all things hair, she is a fitness novice and advocate of wearing sandals year-round. For more information on transitioning, natural hair, and her own hair journey, visit maneobjective.com. Or, if you like pictures follow Christina on Instagram @maneobjective.

Jade
Jade

I love it, I noticed the last few weeks she had her curly do’ going on. Glad more women are focusing on healthy natural hair than those damaging long silky weaves.

Christina Patrice
Reply to  Jade

Me too! I was just sharing with someone yesterday, the natural look is a lot more flattering on her than the long weaves. I hope she keeps it up!

Deedeemaha
Deedeemaha

I did not know before this article who Tiny was. Now I
truly appreciate how great she looks once I saw online pictures. She looks alive! With a nice heathy glow. I hope she keeps thus look too.

Miss Elisa K.

I love it! It softens her and makes her look younger. Very nice hair!

Queen
Queen

She looks beautiful!

Love JAH
Love JAH

She looks so pretty in her natural glory…on a s/n

I see this site is deciding to not post Lisa Price and Jada Smith’s comments about Carols Daughter but would rather garner hits off a one sided review on the company’s bankruptcy…#shady #tacky I love the products and I don’t care for the hate!

Taylor
Taylor
Reply to  Love JAH

Lisa barely owns the business anymore so it’s irrelevant. I don’t feel sorry. She sold out, changed formulas for mass production & just said f–k her original customers. The products are crappy, no one cares

Adía
Adía

She looks more like a mom with this hair style. Not that it’s a bad thing to look like a mom. More age appropriate I guess.

Jaslene
Jaslene

Usually I think Tiny is on the hard looking side. But here she looks great all that weave is overpowering on her. Things makes all the difference.

kb
kb

wow , she looks a lot better! That’s a good look, girl 🙂

lablooplah
lablooplah

she looks really nice. It shows that you dont need a weave to have a good hair day. I prefer to this to her any weaves any day of the week.

Jacky
Jacky

I love it! The curls and color look really great on her and she looks so youthful! Yes, less make up is better and it looks better on her too.

Amma Mama

She looks great!

Anon87
Anon87

Looks great!
On another note, I’m tired of these celebs instagramming about hair infinity! It’s seems gimmicky. I guess if it works, why not get paid to endorse it, but something seems insincere about it…

happyhair
happyhair
Reply to  Anon87

If they believe in the product why not share?? I take it, and talked so much about it my mom and sister started taking it too. If you love something you usually tell people about it.

maxine
maxine

Her hair is lovely hair,she doesn’t even need the weave either
Don’t know if she’s had surgery but she looks really pretty and somewhat different in a good way.

kai
kai

I love this look on Tiny. Very nice

Andiegurl
Andiegurl

I love it! Tiny looks great. Sometimes, less is more.

geri
geri

prretttyyy 😉

Trainee Rapunzel
Trainee Rapunzel

Thumbs down me if you must but, straight hair is too severe for her features… She’s a beautiful girl whose curls really bring her beauty to the forefront. After seeing these pics… If there was one girl who should stick to curls- it’s her. I’ve never seen her look so beautiful <3

Caramelcurls
Caramelcurls

This is THE BEST I’ve seen her look. The whole “less is more” concept is working wonders for her!

spencer
spencer

Good look tiny! Stop letting Sheneneh do your hair!

juanicole617
juanicole617

Looks very good. Very healthy! She does look very fresh, still herself with the throwback earrings but like a better version of herself like she just did cleanse. Lol! Great look for her overall, rocking curls like she did in the group Xscape!

Steffiqt
Steffiqt

I guess now that I’m natural I notice weaves more,and I’m shock as to how fake and bad majority of them look. I mean its like women would rather have long hair no matter how bad it looks then short hair. I get it when you transitioning you have to cut,and it’s first uncomfortable,but I’m thankfully everyday for this self realization because we hide so much of our beauty underneath those god awful weaves. I hate to rely on the celebs to set the example,but I hope she keeps it and it inspires more. She looks Amazing!!!!

Dionne
Dionne
Reply to  Steffiqt

I agree with you,there is a majority of weave wearers where the hair is so fake,especially the ones with the long hair trailing down their back,unkept weaves that have clearly lost the bounce and been on the head too long,it’s a great shame that black women are the only race women who keep this wig wearing up,wonder what other women think of them.

lol too funny
lol too funny

hairfinity got all of these celebs in their pockets.

ladies, go to the drug store, buy some biotin & msm for about $5. no need to spend $30 with hairfinity

Devi-Ann
Reply to  lol too funny

True that!

ShayMarie!
ShayMarie!
Reply to  lol too funny

Daily Vitamins, Biotin and Drinking water did plenty for me

Antoinette Stewart

Very befitting on her! Cute! Softens up her face!!

Melissa
Melissa

It looks cute.

Naya
Naya

Shocking to see a celeb actual wearing their real hair and not just showing the selfies after taking out a weave like the article says lol. Trying to get likes for natural hair they never wear anyway hashtagging #teamnatural. BYE. Tiny looks 1000x better btw I didn’t think this blonde looked good on her until this new naturally curly look

ShayMarie!
ShayMarie!
Reply to  Naya

Yes! I really hate that. If you tuck your hair away forever and let it grow like wild weeds it will grow fast, I’m not impressed by people taking pics w/ #longhairdontcare from the salon chair right before they get yet another weave installed.

Marcia
Marcia

OMG
She looks so much better!!!

Courtney
Courtney

I think its a little ignorant to say that it doesnt count when someone is natural under their weave…

Not everyone wants to rock the natural look all the time, and some of us actually love ourselfs with weaves as much as we do without. Having a weave doesnt make my hair any less natural when there is something over it.
You dont know anyones personal hair goals to judge them for taking pride in how long there hair is getting underneath it all.
Growth is growth, stop the hate

BionicWoman
BionicWoman

What many people don’t realize, is that the majority of celebrities wear weaves to protect their own hair. They go through constant styling with blow dryers, flat irons, constant brushing, etc. on a daily basis because they’re job calls for it. Even some Caucasian women, as well as other ethnicities wear weaves over their natural hair to avoid damage from daily styling. If they wore there natural hair on a daily basis, they wouldn’t have any left.

Cyber_Me
Cyber_Me
Reply to  BionicWoman

That’s really not true. With a natural and a good experieced traveling stylist, they would do just fine. But mostly all of them in Hollyweird wants long horse hair hanging down their backs. Tamar, Tiny, those chicks on RHOA, etc, all look like clones with all that way too long weave. It just looks so fake, oh wait, .. that’s cause it is fake.

Oratilwe
Oratilwe
Reply to  BionicWoman

I guess but nobody ever said that they absolutely have to go through so much in order to “look good”

Cyber_Me
Cyber_Me

I knew all that long horse hair wasn’t hers, biracial or not. She is way too short for all that long weave anyway. It actually makes her look worse not better. Yeah, she should keep her shorter own hair cut style.