Kenya Moore Rocks Goddess Braids in a Stunning Throwback Photo

Avatar • May 16, 2014

kenya moore khamet kinks

In honor of throwback Thursday, legendary natural hair salon Khamit Kinks posted a photo to their Instagram account of Kenya Moore rocking one of their styles for an Essence magazine shoot. Moore was a model before taking home the Miss USA crown in 1993. The stunning photo was accompanied by the following caption

#tbt Back in the early 90’s we created this Beehive Goddess Braid on #KenyaMoore for @essencemag in her modeling days. This hair style garnered more biz than EVER before. #YoungandInnocent #BeforeHouseWives #history

What do you think of the throwback photo? Can we bring back the goddess braid updo?

Love yourself
Love yourself

Cute. So is her hair natural or is it weave she wears on Rhoa? I can’t tell if it’s weave it’s a good one

Cryssi
Cryssi
Reply to  Love yourself

A little of both, it appears sometimes she’ll add weave for fullness and a few more inches. She seems to switch back and forth though. When her hair isn’t a full and a bit frizzy that is usually her hair.

kb
kb
Reply to  Love yourself

she’s said it’s her hair on numerous occasions. 🙂

Tabatha
Tabatha
Reply to  kb

I’m sure most of it is, But she admitted on Watch it live that she has had clip ins and other stuff in her hair during the show, but I don’t think that matters.

Ball So Hard
Ball So Hard
Reply to  Love yourself

She went on Wendy Williams and Wendy herself ran her hand through Kenya’s Scalp and it was ALL Real and you know that Wendy cant keep her mouth so I agree!

April M
April M

She is a pretty woman. But her personality make her look ugly.

CMarie
CMarie
Reply to  April M

I like Ms. Kenya. She usually means well.

Gorgeous style on a gorgeous face.

Deedeemaha
Deedeemaha

Love it! Anu Prestonia has a way of creating styles compliments a persons face. We had the opportunity to do some website work for her she is a lovely person and enjoys doing hair.

Kenya was such a turn off for me on RHOA I never saw her hair and I stop watching May check it out again. I just hope she is gone. Lol

Tya
Tya

This woman is gorgeous!!! She really is and her hair is too — her real hair & when she adds a few tresses too. I do understand that reality TV is so not reality. People do things for $ and make drama so people will continue watching. I don’t know who this girl (or any of those women) are in REAL LIFE!

Deb
Deb
Reply to  Tya

Well, even if they are putting on a show, the fact that they would act and portray themselves the way they do for money (and or fame) says ALOT about them and nothing good. I felt Kenya was playing herself up from the beginning but I was still really let down that she felt the need to even act the way she does in any way, shape or form. I always thought she was this very classy and sweet woman, just 180 degrees difference from how she is now. She was a groundbreaker in her time and look at her now… Read more »

Elle
Elle
Reply to  Tya

It’s definitely all an act. Just like Duck Dynasty, The Chrisley’s, TI and Tiny, Love and Hip Hop, The Kardashians, Jessica Simpson’s old show, Undercover Boss, The ‘Real’ World, Kat Von D, R&B Divas, RHO-of-whatever-locale. Minor kernels of truth and emotion exist here and there, but make no mistake, it’s reality-fiction. BUT like Deb mentioned above, it’s the fact that these people contractually agree to portray themselves as racist, drunken, brawling, misogynistic, vulgar, perverted gutter snipes — that’s the big problem, and we’re all paying for it. I’ve had wonderful experiences at Khamit Kinks and would highly recommend them and Jamilah… Read more »

Amma Mama

She is so pretty.

nylse

I remember when Goddess braids were all the rage in Brooklyn; I have always loved them.

Caray
Caray

I thought this was Beyonce at first no lie.…LMAO Kenya is a pretty woman and her abs are tightttt!!

DidlyDee
DidlyDee
Reply to  Caray

Me too, lol!

Lovely
Lovely
Reply to  Caray

Right, same here!

Tabatha
Tabatha

That is a stunning picture. Great hairstyle. I can see why it was all the rage.

Stace
Stace

Stunning !

pw
pw

I guess this photo was when life was a lot simpler for Kenya as you can see the youthfulness in her eyes and skin. Now she looks weathered and kind of ran-threw. She’s still pretty but you can tell on RHOA she’s not only aging but life challenges are beginning to show on her.

I just think she thought life was going to be a lot simpler because she is a pretty women, model and actress. That the husband was just going to sweep her off her feet…I’m sorry that hasn’t happened for her and wish her well.

iluvedges
iluvedges

young and innocent indeed…she is beautiful

lilly Moore
lilly Moore

Kenya Moore has always had long hair as well as the women in her family. But here we go with the “she is wearing a weave shit”. Black women are always dissing each other so the comments come as no surprize to me at all.

T
T
Reply to  lilly Moore

I didn’t see one person here diss her for having or not having a weave. People ask because sometimes they want to know how to achieve a style or they just want to know. So what.

Napturally Kia
Napturally Kia

pretty 🙂

ebaiden
ebaiden

she was way ahead of her time.