Sarah // Natural Hair Style Icon

Avatar • Apr 1, 2014

IMG_0536-Edit

Introduce yourself!
S:
My name is Sarah Angel Adesiyan. I am from Bolton, England.

Why did you make the decision to go natural?
S:
I’ve been natural my whole life. My mum always steered me clear of weaves, and relaxers… My mum is just obsessed with my hair.

How would you describe your texture?
S:
I don’t know my hair in terms of 3a, 3b, etc., but I’d describe it as reasonably soft, and manageable as long as I remember to brush it and put conditioner or oil in it.

Describe your styling regimen over the course of the month.
S:
Every day I usually just wash and condition my hair with the One N’ Only Argan Oil Restorative Hair Mask, then blow dry my hair. I’m always mixing up the products I use so I wouldn’t say there’s a particular ‘right’ product for me. I’m currently using Argan Hair Mask. Sometimes I will tie my curls all on top simply using clips or a bobble. Due to a manageable texture I don’t need to put any additional products in my hair when styling.

1399373_522851897810762_599198133_o

What does wash day look like for you?
S:
I apply the One N’ Only Argan Oil Restorative Hair Mask and just brush it through my wet hair during my morning shower. I sprinkle some water on it so it lathers a little, then blow dry my hair.

Describe your favorite go-to hairstyle for days when you don’t have a lot of time to style.
S:
I tie a bobble around my hair and split my curls so my hair looks frizzier. That’s it really.

Tell us about your hair color?
S:
I love dyeing my hair! At the moment it’s a brown, ginger and blonde kind of colour… it all started with me dyeing literally a 12th of my hair, if even that! I did it myself with my best friend’s help and we used Live Color XXL Max Blonde to get it this colour. I’ve dyed it on top around 7 times, I’d say. It has changed my hair texture, but not much.

What are some of your problem areas (if any) that require special care and attention?
S:
My hair knots super easily, so I try not to sleep without it tied up unless I want super curly hair the next day.

What are 2 do’s for your texture?
S:
Don’t forget to condition! Also if you have time, braiding your hair quickly before bed is helpful not only for your texture, but also for strengthening your hair.

What are 2 don’ts for your texture?
S:
From my experience, as long as you keep brushing and conditioning you don’t really have to hold back.

Is there a blog/webpage where we can find you?
S:
I have a modelling page on a couple of sites and there is always my Instagram!
@theultimatewaz

About Meosha

kiki
kiki

wat z dis?????!!!

silkynaps
silkynaps
Reply to  kiki

Sometimes, I read the comments just to see if people were thinking what I was thinking 😉

TP
TP
Reply to  kiki

hum.…but i love her modeling tho!!

Queen
Queen

I don’t want to sound too nitpicky but “due to a manageable texture I don’t need any other products”? So only “unmanageable” textures use additional styling products? I’m sure it was unintentional, but that was worded a little too good hair/bad hair-ish for me. Nevertheless, I’m sure it was just poor phrasing and her hair is lovely. I like the color.

Naturally Lovely
Naturally Lovely
Reply to  Queen

I’m sure she means manageable in that if she doesn’t condition or put oil in it, like she stated in the article. it is filled with knots and tangles. Therefore it is “manageable” under those conditions.

I don’t think she meant to say she has ‘good hair”.

TINA SMITH
TINA SMITH
Reply to  Queen

I AGREE, I WOULD FOR HER TO CLARIFY WHAT THE COMMENT MEANT. YET SHE BLOWDRYS EVERY DAY WITH THAT COLOR??

teetering
teetering
Reply to  TINA SMITH

Maybe she diffuses not actual blow dry is what I am thinking

maralondon
maralondon
Reply to  Queen

There’s nothing wrong with her comment as she did mention previous to that statement that as long as she is conditioning, oiling, brushing, braiding her hair before bed that makes her hair texture manageable. Doesn’t that apply to all of us?

Ronke
Ronke

Cute girl, curls look cute and healthy.…but boiiii that color o____O

bonnie
bonnie

If a black women dyes their hair blonde,doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose of going NATURAL?? You and your hair are still beautiful tho…

Elle
Elle
Reply to  bonnie

Some consider heat straightening as not natural, some consider cones and sulfates as not natural, some consider anything less than ‘natural/organic’ products as not natural. With communities, disagreements on what constitutes a standard are bound to happen. And yes, she and that fierce lion’s mane are gorgeous!

silkynaps
silkynaps
Reply to  bonnie

I think of hair that grows from your scalp as natural. Now, whether it’s virgin hair…that’s another question 😉

Naturally Lovely
Naturally Lovely
Reply to  bonnie

Naturally Lovely
Naturally Lovely
Reply to  bonnie

NO, IT DOESN’T!

Miss Gina Ray
Miss Gina Ray

She has a really simple regimen. I doubt anything was meant by the manageable texture comment but I must admit that in the UK certain types of older black people and some younger too, really love to talk up loosely curled hair and certain textures. Some young people with those textures grow up hearing how wonderful and manageable their hair is as opposed to kinky hair. I think it’s ignorance from the past that young women are brainwashed into believing hence texture hierarchy. I’m glad that the generation who promote exoticism and certain textures above tighter textures, are now being… Read more »

Anon87
Anon87
Reply to  Miss Gina Ray

That’s not the UK, that’s the black race in general.

iluvedges
iluvedges
Reply to  Miss Gina Ray

the generation who promote exoticism and certain textures above tighter textures…now what now? im confused…somebody explain

Naturally Lovely
Naturally Lovely
Reply to  iluvedges

I don’t understand that logic by some black people. Straight hair is exotic? Its everywhere, how is that so?

We are the only people who have hair that is so versatile and different yet that is shunned?

Craziness.

Cami
Cami

My thoughts exactly! But it’s the European standard of beauty that is celebrated and held in such high regard, in part because most of the major players in the advertising world are Caucasian. And being that they’re Caucasian, they glorify what *they* think is beautiful (their own). And yes, we are the only people who have “our hair”, and it is shunned just as we as a people have been shunned since the days of slavery. For example, I remember back in the day when the white actress, Bo Derek, was given cornrows for a movie she starred in at… Read more »

Farafina
Farafina
Reply to  Cami

You are so right!!!!!
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/image‑6.jpg[/img]

maralondon
maralondon
Reply to  Miss Gina Ray

It helps to know history, you come to realise the root cause of the black race’s feeling of inferiority when it comes to our appearence/beauty. It’s something that has beeen handed down from generation to generation over hundreds of years. This is inclusive of black men and women all over the globe and not exclusive to people from the Caribbean.

trackback

[…] Sarah // Natural Hair Style Icon […]

G.G
G.G

She is an international icon and international icons, I have noticed, “have a different sound” to put it that way, they sound different from American hair icons and give different interviews, so obviously she did not mean anything negative..The world is not America..

Naturally Lovely
Naturally Lovely
Reply to  G.G

What’s the difference between and american hair icon and an international hair icon? Never heard of this.

Do you mean that international icons give interviews differently depending on the country they are interviewing in?

Queen
Queen
Reply to  G.G

Of course the world is not America. Which is why I said I’m sure it was unintentional. I just thought the phrasing was a little off, and I also said I could’ve just been nitpicking. No harm done 🙂

kitso
kitso
Reply to  G.G

I agree with you. Not to sound rude i also always get baffled when people say they cut they wanted to see their curl pattern, when people remember their big chop, or when they say they discussed with so and so about cutting their hair. It’s really difficult for me to relate. The same way i find it difficult to relate to people bashing or neging someone because they used a certain word that is deemed unacceptable. Where i come from, in my family, with my friends, with my work coleagues we do not discuss hair. The only person i… Read more »

Jo
Jo

It’s nice to see a fellow Model Mayhemer!

Nappy 4C Rocks
Nappy 4C Rocks

BGLH, why did you not ask about how to combat shrinkage?

Meosha Tall
Reply to  Nappy 4C Rocks

We did, but the question was not understood and potentially lost in translation. From the tone of the interview it really didn’t seem like a factor.

youngin girl
youngin girl

I like how simple your regimen’s are and I dig the fro hawk. The dye just gives you compliments.

Kenya L.
Kenya L.

I thought she was wrong about her texture but the more pics I saw I saw a closer texture to what she said. I love her hair also some beautiful pics as well. Like the one with the green grass and multi-colored hair. I don’t know about that many dye jobs and changing the texture of the hair. I dyed my hair once and I don’t like texture change so much…drier hair and I use lots of oils.

trackback

[…] Sarah // Natural Hair Style Icon […]

Jojo Satoes
Jojo Satoes

Beautiful girl, hair and pix. I’m dying to find a regimen as easy and basic as yours.

Caramelcurls
Caramelcurls

She washes, conditions, and blow drys daily?! (see the answer to the styling regimen). Wow, she must have the patience of Job. I also imagine that this would be incredibly drying, but hey if it works for her, it works for her!

kitso
kitso

Your hair is just wonderful gal.love the colours too.

Annabee
Annabee

I think she’s cute i like her face but her hair looks a bit damage.. Probably due to the color, her curls are not as define as it could be. I know everyone doesnt have the same type of hair but when I dyed mine in blond several Times and it was curling like some define curls and messy on an other part too