5 Natural YouTubers Who Rock Vivid Color

Avatar • Apr 23, 2014

BGLH14

It’s no secret, that I love color in my hair. Ever since I first went turquoise last summer, I’ve had a love affair with hair color. Bring on the Manic Panic, Special Effects and Sally Ion Color Brilliance! Despite the extra commitment required to maintain it, I love rocking blue and aqua hair. Below are a few naturals on Youtube that I’ve lurked watched during my coloring journey who also dabble with vivid colors and rock it well.

1. Nerfetiti Bourne

nerfertiti bourne purple

Nerfertiti is an awesome new addition to the Youtube world. She’s gone from purple to an enchanted forest green and rocks it out flawlessly. She also has a pretty rad taste in music!

2. Janae Miller of ElektrikTV

janaemiller teal hair

Janae of ElektrikTV is a licensed colorist and stylist from my hometown, H‑town. (Texas stand up!) She is well known for her hair color creations. You will not find anyone selling “Mystical Candy Storm” out of the box. She keeps it realer than real in her videos and provides sensible information on taking care of colored tresses.

3. Kara Bustamante

Kara is another great youtuber with a daring red mane that I’m sure even Chaka Khan herself would be jealous of. Although, she only has a few videos on the YT, you can feel free to check out her instagram where she has countless photos of her majestically red hot mane.

4. Shantrinas

Shantrinas is one of the first youtubers I came across in my journey to start coloring my natural hair (Shoutout to the homie, Carissa for posting her vids). She’s rocked out green bangs to pink to pastel purple. Added bonus: she has really rad make-up tutorials!

5. Cin75

Cin is a stylist and what I consider to be a color magician. From bold pink and purple chunks to bright sea green, she effortlessly blends multiple colors.

Ladies, which of these looks is your favorite? And do you plan on rocking color this Summer?

About Rinny

Texan by birth, Los Angeleno by situation. Lover of Tame Impala and Shoegaze music. Comedian by trade. Macaroni and Cheese connoisseur by appetite.

MrsCKugs @geekygirlguide

What about short haired naturals? What about Evelyn from the internets? WE DONT ALL HAVE WILD MANES, LONG LOCKS, AND THAT STUFF. ARRRGGHHHGTKFNDNSKFNF
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/IMG_130241358903368.jpeg[/img]

mlank64
mlank64

I’ve been seeing a few long hair naturals go short, I mean real short and it looks real cute as well. Mohaganyknots, Beautybylee, and another youtuber who I think always had short hair but is so beautiful, her name is Paville Aldridge.

darkchildlovethyhair

I can’t seem to choose between Shantrina and Cin! Too cute for words 🙂

Hansy
Hansy

I only wish I had the guts.

LBell
LBell

I came across colouredBeautiful’s YT channel some time ago and fell head-over-heels in LOVE with her bright-violet TWA. Here’s the video:

More recently I discovered Nefertiti Bourne’s channel. Not only is her hair gorgeous, she’s truly a unique spirit.

Would I ever try these colors? Maybe when I finally go all-gray I will. See me in about 15 years. 🙂

Until then, the closest I’ll come to crayon colors is the occasional streak of cream eyeshadow on selected pieces of hair.

Adina

Kara also has her own line of natural hair products that she sells on Big Cartel and they are awesome. It’s called Palmetto Chic Boutique. Check it out.

lablooplah
lablooplah

I love Nerfetiti Bourne’s personality. She reminds me Lynn from girlfriends.

TasaR
TasaR

Love Kara’s products!!!! She is such a beautiful person inside and out 🙂

Leeci

i MUST have color in my life, one of the reasons why i went natural.
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/April20146.jpg[/img]
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/April20145.jpg[/img]

Janae Miller

Thank you so much for this awesome feature!
[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Image395cropenh.jpg[/img]

Kara Bustamante

[img]https://bglh-marketplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/image-52.jpg[/img]

Kara Bustamante

Thank you for the feature !!!!!!

Jane
Jane

AHH I love these colors, and that candy storm color mix is completely amazing! I do worry about the damage though since my hair is constantly parched and I have to baby it to avoid breakage. Also I use henna regularly and even when I dyed my hair black the red showed through after about two weeks 🙁 I do want to share something for those in the same boat as I: I usually buy cheap blonde synthetic hair, either Marley or just straight, then dye it with Tim Holtz Adirondack alcohol inks and do braids/twists. I got the idea from a… Read more »

iluvedges
iluvedges

they are ALL lovely…but..idk..I’m not feeling these colors…I like jet/blue black…auburn…honey blonde; like the old days of Dark n Lovely, Wella and Clairol…god I’m OLD!

Aiych
Aiych
Reply to  iluvedges

Lol umm ok cool, don’t dye your hair bright colors then. Now now, that was easy wasn’t it?

LBell
LBell
Reply to  iluvedges

LOL…I used to feel the same way about nail polish — complete with the “God, I’m OLD!” sentiment — until one of my students (who, incidentally, is now a model in her native country) converted me. However, I can take nail polish off…I’m not about to bleach my hair to dye it crayon colors.

I do like Jane’s suggestion above though… 🙂

Natalia
Natalia

I want to dye my hair so bad, but I’ve been scared as heck! I wish I had never listened to the strict naturals who are anti heat/color/everythingbutjuicesandberries because all I can think of is my hair falling out and being damaged beyond repair. Maybe I’ll be brave enough this summer.

Love this
Love this

How could you forget colouredbeautiful ? She has almost 200k subscribers and has been every color of the rainbow lol

AveryKinkyCurl
AveryKinkyCurl
Reply to  Love this

Yesss I was thinking the same thing. ..love her!

Chandra
Chandra

Anyone know of any 4b or Cs who have gotten colour this intense and still have hair? Usually when I put coloured natural hair into YT I get girls with looser hair like this and while the colours are fabulous, from just watching snippets of their videos I can see that their hair is nothing like mine. If your hair is not inherently drier as many 4b/cs tend to be then it’s easier to go with the rainbow colours. I use temporary colours for now without issue but I’m way too scared to lighten since my hair is on the drier… Read more »

Leeci
Reply to  Chandra

I have 4bish hair (look at the post above & click on my name for instagram), but my hair has never felt dry before or after bleach. I DC often and use the L.C.O method

Awa Blue
Awa Blue

Love the color. Each time I color my hair I have major breakage. I give up.

O
O
Reply to  Awa Blue

You are probably leaving the bleach or permanent dye on too long. The trick is to only use them for the minimum time on the box and then to use semi-permanent dyes to get different colours. Also don’t overlap bleach or permanent dye jobs.

Vanthropus
Vanthropus

So awesome. I love Janae Miller’s pinkish bluish silver creation. I’m too scared to dye my hair so I got different coloured Marley hair from ikickshins. They have lots of different colours for Goth people. It’s so difficult to find more than standard hair colour. But I’ll try the dyeing white marley hair tip.

Telly

There’s always hair chalk as well… 😀

trackback