Tia Mowry’s Son Cree is a Natural Hair Idol in the Making

Avatar • Dec 26, 2013

A few weeks back we did a post on Alicia Key’s son Egypt. Well, there’s another celebrity offspring whose hair is catching our attention — Tia Mowry’s son Cree! The actress has been posting pictures of his hair on her Instagram account and we are loving his curly brown fro.

On Christmas she posted this photo with the caption;

Cree and his hair says Merry Christmas!! Xx

cree1

And a week ago, she posted this photo with the simple caption;

HAIR!!!!

cree2

We are loving it!

Alisa
Alisa

I love his hair!

LBell
LBell

Yeah BOYYY! 😀

Hopefully we won’t have to hear people’s negative comments…but you know they’re coming…Why can’t we let our kids’ (boys’ AND girls’) hair be great?

Nubiahbella
Nubiahbella
Reply to  LBell

No to start anything but usually when the adult or child has defined/looser curl texture the negative comments are fewer a lot less.
Anyway,
Cree has lovely hair and he’s so precious!

DiJah
DiJah

Cree is such a cutie pie and I love his fro. Go Cree! 🙂

SJ
SJ

oh my gosh he’s gotten so big! cutie pie!! Love this.

MsProverbs
MsProverbs

Who says that medium or long hair is only for girls? Do you say the same thing for boys/men who are not of African descent or African American? Do you think that European, Asian, Middle Eastern, & Latino men need to shave their hair as well? Come on cultural ignorance needs to die…stop any negativity. Cree’s hair is cute and healthy! Oh and fyi, many boys/men throughout the continent of Afrika have med.-long hair as well. For those who feel negative about boys who are beyond the buzz cut, I’d really hate to think of your thoughts for Sampson or… Read more »

MsProverbs
MsProverbs
Reply to  MsProverbs

There was a typo, please delete this one if you are able. I made a correction post below. Love the pictures of little Cree and your blog! Thanks!

MsProverbs
MsProverbs

Who says that medium or long hair is only for girls? Do you say the same thing for boys/men who are not of African descent or African American? Do you think that European, Asian, Middle Eastern, & Latino men need to shave their hair as well? Come on cultural ignorance needs to die…stop any negativity. Cree’s hair is cute and healthy! Oh and fyi, many boys/men throughout the continent of Afrika have med.-long hair as well. For those who feel negative about boys who are beyond the buzz cut, I’d really hate to think of your thoughts on Samson (earlier… Read more »

SantanaNyla

Not to be outdone by Hank and Kendra’s son, Hank Baskett Jr.

Nappy4C Rocks
Nappy4C Rocks
Reply to  SantanaNyla

yes, he does outdone Hank Jr

cacey
cacey

his hair’s pretty but…did they dye it or is that his natural color?

trackback

[…] desses a Mari Shuberry me mandou um link de uma criança com um cabelo black divo. Comecei a fuçar o site do tal link, o Black Girl Long […]

Juanita Baggett
Juanita Baggett

Beautiful

Jill Brew
Jill Brew

I applaud Tia for allowing her son’s hair to grow naturally. I have been doing the same with my own son’s hair, and I’ve received a lot of negative reactions. Mainly, folks want me to get his hair cut, and he’s only two years old. Me and his father do not have any issues with his curly locks, which actually look very similar to Cree’s hair, so I don’t understand why family, friends and total strangers want me to alter my child’s hair.

Cheryl
Cheryl

I love this.…that she is allowing her son to be free and natural with his hair! He is so beautiful…such a doll baby. On her show, she hurtfully remarked that people made cruel remarks about him when he was smaller…how you like him now, haters?! He’s simply gorg!!!

RaeC
RaeC
Reply to  Cheryl

I remember that. As a mom it upset me to see how people could be so cruel.