6 Hot Holiday and New Year’s Eve Natural Hair Styles

Avatar • Dec 24, 2013

Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 1.12.59 AM

Looking to spice it up for the NYE countdown? Check out these natural hair styles for a little inspiration.

1. Goddess Braid

Ms Danti always breaks it down. I’ve seen tons of goddess and milkmaid braids on super long natural hair, or with extra hair added in . Here’s a rendition that can be done on shorter, stretched natural hair. All you need is a product for sleeking/holding edges, a moisturizing product, a soft bristle brush, and a few bobby pins. Jazz it up with attention grabbing jewelry, and you’re ready to go!

2. Curly Short Do with Perm rods

This style is so cute and versatile. It can go from 9 to 5 to New Year’s Eve Party with no effort. Perfect for transitioners or naturals with short cuts, this style is perfect for blending multiple textures of hair. All you need is clean hair, moisturizing and hold products, and an assortment of perm rods.

3. Simple Retro Updo

YouTuber Teaundra shows us how to create a quick and easy updo — this style is perfect if you have longer hair and you’re not quite sure how to handle it for the holidays. Styled with a holding gel to slick the hair, moisturizer, and bobby pins, this style is sure to turn heads — especially with super cute accessories added in!

4. Chic Updo

Napturally Chic Jere serves 2 looks on medium length blown out natural hair. All you need are a few scrunchies and bobby pins to transform your blah blowout into haute holiday hair.

5. Curly Twisted Pinup

This super cute updo involves a leave-in styling product, Lottabody (or a setting lotion of your choice), flexi rods, and bobby pins. This style is incredibly versatile and can be replicated on practically any texture and length of hair.

6. Twisted Updo

KG of The KG Lifestyle creates a simple twisted updo that can be done on medium length or longer natural and transitioning hair. She uses the Crème of Nature line, but you can grab any moisturizing and holding products of your choice. This style can be done on any texture of hair, but works best with damp hair.

How will you be styling your hair New Year’s?

For more transitioning and natural hair tips from Christina, check out her blog, The Mane Objective. You can also find her on Instagram and Facebook.

About Christina Patrice

Born, raised, and living in Los Angeles, Christina is BGLH's resident transitioning expert and product junkie. In addition to loving all things hair, she is a fitness novice and advocate of wearing sandals year-round. For more information on transitioning, natural hair, and her own hair journey, visit maneobjective.com. Or, if you like pictures follow Christina on Instagram @maneobjective.

momofIV
momofIV

Wrong video posted for Teaundra #3

Netta
Netta
Reply to  momofIV

If you skip to the 4th video, that’s the one. (Arrow on the left side of the video)

momofIV
momofIV

Merry Christmas to all my natural-haired sistas!

Caramelcurls
Caramelcurls

I’m in love with those Goddess Braids. Too cute!!

Ray
Ray

Ugh I hate these video posts

Dotty
Dotty
Reply to  Ray

Why? They seem like a pick and mix to me, bite size tips, take them or leave them. I think they’re designed to help people out who can achieve the styles due to sharing hair types and length. For everyone else, youtube has a wealth of styles on varied hair lengths and types but experimenting by yourself with a bucketload of hair pins is easier and far less disappointing.

Rachel
Rachel
Reply to  Dotty

Because my job blocks the videos within the page. If there was a picture of the styles with the video (like the first style) that would be more helpful, but a blog post with just videos, I can’t see any of it 🙁

Probably could have been a bit more clear on my comment lol

trackback

[…] 6 Hot Holiday and New Year’s Eve Natural Hair Styles | Black Girl … http://bglh-marketplace.com/YouTuber Teaundra shows us how to create a quick and easy updo – this style is perfect if you have longer hair and you’re not quite sure how to handle it for the holidays. Styled with a holding gel to slick the hair, moisturizer, … […]

Jacky
Jacky

Beautiful

Redd Ravyn

5 Awesome Gifts For Relaxed Hair Ladies
Black woman with Christmas shopping bags This time of year, dubbed as the season of giving, is marked with sometimes frantic efforts to secure the perfect gift. Despite my best efforts, I am always stuck trying to figure out what I am going to get for three or four people on my list. Read more at: http://beauttyhair.blogspot.com/2013/12/5‑awesome-gifts-for-relaxed-hair-ladies.html#.UrykIaLuMrg

Jurdene
Jurdene

Love the videos. I have shoulder length locs but I can do some of these with my hair. Can you do more posts for locs?

youngin girl
youngin girl

It’s still the Holidays so This post is still relevant. Thanks for keeping me updated. All this haor inspiration is killing me softly.

nappy headed black girl

I adore the curly short look. It looks easy to maintain, too. Just wrap it up and fluff out in the morning.

40s updos for long hair

My brother suggested I may like this web site. He was once entirely right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine simply how so much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

linda
linda

The satin ribbon technic by Teaundra is an old method that used to be showcased a lot by ZanandRob back in 2010, one of the first “guru” to explain texlaxing. When I was a little girl that’s how my mom used to do 2–4 plaits on my hair tying a beautiful bow at the end. Same method I used for my braid out when I was relaxed and I still do for my twist/braid out as a natural. I love this method because the waves are uniform, the hair has little to no frizz, the takedown is super fast and… Read more »